Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah, no minor allowed to be claimed at my Voc Rehab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Is there somewhere I can see a history of GI-bill related payments the VA has sent to me and a description of what they were for?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Gray Matter posted:

Is there somewhere I can see a history of GI-bill related payments the VA has sent to me and a description of what they were for?

eBenefits has that info

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

That's where I thought it should be, but can you provide me an idiot's guide to finding the info?

When I go to "login > Payment History > Display All", it tells me no payment information is available to display.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Gray Matter posted:

That's where I thought it should be, but can you provide me an idiot's guide to finding the info?

When I go to "login > Payment History > Display All", it tells me no payment information is available to display.

That's where it should be. Maybe contact them (good luck on hold)? Screenshot for reference:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah I'm waiting on the government to pay my school. So I can drop a class and sign up for another. And get my Pell Grant money. And my parking stuff.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Gray Matter posted:

Yeah, I had that problem for the longest time. It wasn't just payment info, it was goddamned everything.

I had to contact their helpdesk a couple times to get it fixed.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Does the number of credit hours I'm taking affect how fast benefit time is burned for Ch33? I tried asking my school's va rep, but they didnt understand what I was getting at. I've got one semester of time left and I need to stretch that over two semesters somehow.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

brand engager posted:

Does the number of credit hours I'm taking affect how fast benefit time is burned for Ch33? I tried asking my school's va rep, but they didnt understand what I was getting at. I've got one semester of time left and I need to stretch that over two semesters somehow.

The only thing that affects is whether it's full time or part time.

Full time and above burns one day for each day of the semester. So if the semester is 5 days it burns 5 days. If the semester is 127 days, if burns 127 days of benefits.

If you are part time, you'll use a prorated amount of benefits based on how many credits you are taking. I've only ever been full time so I don't know exactly how this is calculated, but someone explained it a few pages back.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Part time burns at a prorated amount for BAH but eats up a benefit day same as full time.

Always attend full time

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

brand engager posted:

There is a process to get an extension that you might consider running by your counselor

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Is anyone else going to school just to have something to do/kill time?

I'm medium hosed up to the point that I'm having to back off my studies a lot. I'm going from hard science/engineering to ??????? Poli-sci? History? Communication? At this point there's no end goal or job, I just need something to do. I'm at the point where I'm supposed to transfer to UW but I'm half fuckin retarded.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
As an individual with a summa cum laude degree in marketing, let me advise you to stay the gently caress in a STEM field

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Business degrees are fine. Mine has served me well in IT. Did Marketing and Management. If you're in marketing you better be prepared to do sales or analysis of some kind.

If you're going to school to kill time history is incredible. I took three levels of art history, a couple world history classes, and an Asian history class. Fascinating stuff and very instructive imo. I hate school tho so the thought of going for fun makes me want to throw up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

milk milk lemonade posted:

Business degrees are fine. Mine has served me well in IT. Did Marketing and Management. If you're in marketing you better be prepared to do sales or analysis of some kind.

Yeah, guess I'm a little biased as a foreigner. A STEM degree would give me a better chance at working in this country, and I only went into marketing because of the job offer that went out the window earlier this year, so I'm a little salty

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

As an individual with a summa cum laude degree in marketing, let me advise you to stay the gently caress in a STEM field

My advertising degree is working out fantastic for me, so no. Marketing is completely viable.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

milk milk lemonade posted:

If you're going to school to kill time history is incredible. I took three levels of art history, a couple world history classes, and an Asian history class. Fascinating stuff and very instructive imo. I hate school tho so the thought of going for fun makes me want to throw up.

I'm just looking for interesting. Going to school sounds like more fun than being put out to pasture. I just need something that doesn't have any stress. I'm looking for underwater basket weaving, just something to take up time.
I have decent grades, but the physical and mental toll has gotten to be too much to stay in STEM.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 1, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you're just going for Business Management or Business Administration you should plan on getting an MBA to go with it. If you're going to do accounting you should plan on an MSA to go with it.

It's pretty easy to walk out of undergrad with a Business Management/Admin and Accounting dual major. I'm actually going to be doing it by accident.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
An advertising degree with knowledge in JavaScript/HTML/CSS is a killer combo. Everyone wants to be Don Draper and those jobs don't happen in quantity.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

There is a process to get an extension that you might consider running by your counselor

Hows that work?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Supply Chain Management is supposedly the hot thing for business majors right now.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Do supply chain management if the thought of haggling over prices for supplies like needles and pens gets you erect. Otherwise be prepared to want to kill yourself

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

brand engager posted:

Hows that work?

I have no idea, but it was something my counselor mentioned when she saw I might not have enough benefits left to last for all of law school

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Supply Chain Management and at the very least the basics of operations management should be early prerequisites in any business program.

It blew my mind when I met seniors that couldn't give a basic description of what supply chain meant, nor where the difference to value chain was, let alone basic concepts of process management.

Though, since we're talking about American students here, I also met seniors that had gone through those very classes and didn't have the first idea what the gently caress those terms meant. I had the pleasure of serving with graduating marketing majors that couldn't name 2 out of 4 P's in marketing.

/did I just use "serve" :psyduck:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 1, 2017

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Starting grad school this fall.

The required health questionnaire and immunization records verification sheets are supposed to be signed by a doctor. Where do I get this poo poo signed? I'm already separated and obviously Tricare is no bueno.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Howard Phillips posted:

The required health questionnaire and immunization records verification sheets are supposed to be signed by a doctor. Where do I get this poo poo signed? I'm already separated and obviously Tricare is no bueno.

Go book an appointment to a doc then. I needed a round of new vaccinations for grad school too.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Howard Phillips posted:

See if your school has a medical clinic that can fit the bill. It should just be a simple antibody test if you don't have the paperwork handy.

My wife did it this way and they charged her 80 dollars and were done in 15 minutes after a walk in.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

See if your school has a medical clinic that can fit the bill. It should just be a simple antibody test if you don't have the paperwork handy.

My wife did it this way and they charged her 80 dollars and were done in 15 minutes after a walk in.

poo poo I got stabbed four times. State of Illinois does not gently caress around. I couldn't enroll in classes without providing documentation.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Supply Chain Management and at the very least the basics of operations management should be early prerequisites in any business program.

It blew my mind when I met seniors that couldn't give a basic description of what supply chain meant, nor where the difference to value chain was, let alone basic concepts of process management.

Though, since we're talking about American students here, I also met seniors that had gone through those very classes and didn't have the first idea what the gently caress those terms meant. I had the pleasure of serving with graduating marketing majors that couldn't name 2 out of 4 P's in marketing.

/did I just use "serve" :psyduck:

Oky I'm gonna try without googling:

Promotion
Price
Pisstapes
Pppppppppppplammo I have no idea

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Okay I will get in touch with the university clinic when I get down there on the 12th. Deadline is 31st, so I should be good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Product, place, price, promotion. Only know it because I learned it this summer while taking a marketing class.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, it's poo poo anyone with half a brain can figure out by themselves (what are you selling where, for how much, and how are you selling it?), but retarded-Rachel with her 2.4 GPA can't be bothered to even invest a thought in it, because she also couldn't be bothered to value her parents' investment into her education with more than a 2.4 GPA, and lol it doesn't matter if you don't have an answer, because you can just giggle and none of this matters, boy I hope tonight's party is lit.

And these fuckers have jobs while I'm dicking around in a crack-house's guest bedroom waiting to book a flight home, because uncle Sam won't hire foreign.

Okay, I'm gonna stop bitching now

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You gotta keep in mind most business students though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjv0mHpapk

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

You gotta keep in mind most business students though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjv0mHpapk

That's me minus the suit. gently caress wearing suits.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Same. I got a job that doesn't require one thankfully.

Then again I'm basically this guy minus the super smarts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-tJuQcX_E

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Futurama is simultaneously one of the most brilliant and most stupid shows to ever grace our televisions. It's so loving smart and yet not above dick and fart jokes. A true masterpiece.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A lot of the business major types I work with can't even manage to do the simplest poo poo in Excel, or look it up if they don't know the answer. Just saying.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
It's almost a slam dunk that if you have a business major you are just barely above the line for functional retardation.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm gonna need to work on my humility before going back to work in the normal world, because two and a half years in American business school gives you the impression you're the smartest motherfucker on the planet, when the reality is that 70% of college students here should have been flushed out of college for stupidity and laziness inside three semesters, but alas, education is a business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
It teaches those business majors the most important lessons in business: how to rely on (mooch off of) people smarter than them in team situations and how to cheat. Unfortunately the Indians are spanking us in both these critical skill sets right now