Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chichevache posted:

That bird is just lucky it didn't get hit by a Hayabusa.

Doubtful there would've been a collision; the hawk could just turn and be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
I was browsing AliExpress for some cheap bike tchotchkes and saw these delightful levers:

:stonk:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Christ

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Are those the MSF BRC levers used to train new riders to use all fingers on the clutch and brake lever?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Those levers are straight up lovecraftian.

MetaJew posted:

Are those the MSF BRC levers used to train new riders to use all fingers on the clutch and brake lever?

hahaha

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I stole this from TFR

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's good back protection.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

I stole this from TFR

So much Texas/freedom in this pic it brings a tear to my eye.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm the dumb biker flail hanging from the handlebars.

I love how all these hardcore biker dudes that are so hard and core have to have a street couch with stereo and gps and air conditioning etc. Basically just an american goldwing.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Coydog posted:

I love how all these hardcore biker dudes that are so hard and core have to have a street couch with stereo and gps and air conditioning etc. Basically just an american goldwing.

What are you really mad about?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

do they really have A/C

also goldwings are hardcore af

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

JB50 posted:

What are you really mad about?

Penguins, mostly.

A MIRACLE posted:

also goldwings are hardcore af

Hey buddy nobody is saying goldwings aren't hardcore/awesome.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

on the other hand
goldwings aren't hardcore

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'll let someone else post the Mad Max goldwing so I can post this. Finally I don't have to duckwalk backwards out of bad situations!

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I would ride the poo poo out of that thing

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

MomJeans420 posted:

I stole this from TFR

It's hot AF in Texas.
I'll bet that he gets 2nd degree burns.

...it sounded funnier in my head.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Coydog posted:

I'll let someone else post the Mad Max goldwing so I can post this. Finally I don't have to duckwalk backwards out of bad situations!

Can't be much heavier than a GS.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Coydog posted:

Penguins, mostly.

Hey buddy nobody is saying goldwings aren't hardcore/awesome.

I feel like people who hate on Goldwings have never ridden one.

Theyre pretty awesome.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's hot AF in Texas.
I'll bet that he gets 2nd degree burns.

...it sounded funnier in my head.

Melanoma labe?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Coydog posted:

That particular Goldwing is sort of hardcore.
But I'd expect to be doing some duckwalking out of a bad situation if I took it offroad, though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MomJeans420 posted:

I stole this from TFR

I almost didn't notice the backwards baseball cap he's wearing underneath the skid lid. :shepface:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

But I'd expect to be doing some duckwalking out of a bad situation if I took it offroad, though.

lookit this scrub who can't pivot turn a goldwing

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

builds character posted:

lookit this scrub who can't pivot turn a goldwing

Look at this scrub who doesn't use the reverse on a goldwing.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

MomJeans420 posted:

I stole this from TFR

I have family that live down the street from where this image was taken, and I've ridden there numerous times. I can confirm this picture is a fake. He's wearing a helmet.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I still can't figure out what his left hand is on. I thought it was one of those stupid harley hand shifters, but now I think it looks like a typical clutch lever with a rope or something going down? I'm lost

tjones
May 13, 2005
Issa tassel

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A real cool dude on a real fast bike

bigger:
https://gfycat.com/GlossySomeGnu

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

A real cool dude on a real fast bike

bigger:
https://gfycat.com/GlossySomeGnu

IDGI isnt this the camera bikes fault for rear ending the other guy?

Any backstory here?

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That brake check earned the pilot a loving shitstomping at the very least. Tire fire with gasoline from his bike is probably more appropriate.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

R-Type posted:

That brake check earned the pilot a loving shitstomping at the very least. Tire fire with gasoline from his bike is probably more appropriate.

Isnt he slowing down for the corner theyre coming into?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

JB50 posted:

Isnt he slowing down for the corner theyre coming into?
Yes but while you have a responsibility to not hit the bike in front of you, someone passing you on the inside of the turn should not come back on your line like that.

It looks very much like a bigger bike passing a smaller bike then parking it for the corner, which would be lame but just annoying had the bigger bike not went back across onto the small bike's line as he dropped anchor to crawl thru the corner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah that's pretty typical and exactly why I don't recommend riding a 300 at a trackday. Some dipshit on a bike with plenty more HP but no idea how to ride will try and pass the "slow bike", end up way too late on the brakes for their comfort level, and throw out the anchor. It happens when the 300 sucks the rider into a corner at massively more cornerspeed than they expected and asspacks the 300, it happens when they pass on the straight an the speed differential is inane, and it happens on the brakes as you see in the gif.

If you're riding a 300 at the track you should do it in racing conditions, otherwise have something that doesn't create a 50+mph speed differential on the straights and won't do any pace faster than a B group cutoff in traffic. Go supermoto if you wanna ride slow(ish) bikes on a track, take the 300s to the street.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I just saw it on the reddit and someone was saying it was a novice 300 race actually so that must have been an R3, I couldn't tell what it was from the gif. Might be some more blame on the camera bike if he got sucked in and braked too late too.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
There's additional video in that thread of the rider doing the same poo poo earlier in the day/session and cutting into the line of the guy with the camera. I don't think camera dude got sucked in, the guy brake checking him is a loving idiot.

MomJeans420 posted:

I still can't figure out what his left hand is on. I thought it was one of those stupid harley hand shifters, but now I think it looks like a typical clutch lever with a rope or something going down? I'm lost

Looks like a monkey paw to me. Fits in with the "I'm a badass" motif the rider seems to be trying for

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

MomJeans420 posted:

I already told you it was me, friend.

Coydog posted:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-a-Motorcycle-Getback-Whip-/10000000205794857/g.html
https://www.chilhowee.net/whips.html

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Z3n posted:

Yeah that's pretty typical and exactly why I don't recommend riding a 300 at a trackday. Some dipshit on a bike with plenty more HP but no idea how to ride will try and pass the "slow bike", end up way too late on the brakes for their comfort level, and throw out the anchor. It happens when the 300 sucks the rider into a corner at massively more cornerspeed than they expected and asspacks the 300, it happens when they pass on the straight an the speed differential is inane, and it happens on the brakes as you see in the gif.

If you're riding a 300 at the track you should do it in racing conditions, otherwise have something that doesn't create a 50+mph speed differential on the straights and won't do any pace faster than a B group cutoff in traffic. Go supermoto if you wanna ride slow(ish) bikes on a track, take the 300s to the street.

I feel like US track days don't separate riders according to speed as much as they do here in Aus, and that's mostly from looking at track day videos with peeps with clear differences in cornering/riding speed. Honestly on my 500 I haven't had much trouble with 1000cc bikes except on the main strait.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Barnsy posted:

I feel like US track days don't separate riders according to speed as much as they do here in Aus, and that's mostly from looking at track day videos with peeps with clear differences in cornering/riding speed. Honestly on my 500 I haven't had much trouble with 1000cc bikes except on the main strait.
Groups are self-selected and people are idiots. The bigger issue is bikes that are fast in corners and slow in straights being the same lap times as bikes that are fast in straights and slow in corners with totally different handling characteristics.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

ilkhan posted:

Groups are self-selected and people are idiots. The bigger issue is bikes that are fast in corners and slow in straights being the same lap times as bikes that are fast in straights and slow in corners with totally different handling characteristics.

:thunk:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Which makes it even lamer, seeing as how he's already carrying a rifle on his back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

nsaP posted:

I just saw it on the reddit and someone was saying it was a novice 300 race actually so that must have been an R3, I couldn't tell what it was from the gif. Might be some more blame on the camera bike if he got sucked in and braked too late too.

Oh ya, you're right. Single front rotor on the bike so some variety of 300. poo poo like that is always sketch as hell and why you shouldn't swoop someone's line but also responsibility of the (now passing) rider to not asspack the person in front of them. It's a race environment, dudes gonna be hard on the brakes the moment he hits the braking zone. imo, right move there was to let off a bit as you got passed cause if he does park it midcorner like novice racers almost always do, you can slingshot around the rider once the line opens up again, instead of slingshotting into his rear tire.

Also that's some impressive drive on the part of the passing bike to have that much differential.