Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Idea for the go into debt at the shop rune: there's a vig and if you dont pay it off quick enough your own minions beat you up until you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If I try to return literally anything four years after I bought it I'm getting laughed at for evem trying and this is fake game money that you get for playing the game, I'm sorry rito slapped you in the face by not offering you a full refund

yeah I feel so bad for this big corporation for refunding me poo poo that I didn't want to buy but had to because everyone did it too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah I feel so bad for this big corporation for refunding me poo poo that I didn't want to buy but had to because everyone did it too.

I feel bad for you spending your fake money that you got for playing the game on these gameplay items

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I feel bad for you spending your fake money that you got for playing the game on these gameplay items

obviously riot was never going to give people 100% of the IP back. there is 0% chance of that ever getting past any board room. it is still lovely that they did not do it, but one has to have foreseen this. with that said this is an incredibly pointless battle to entrench yourself in. why are you doing this?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mark? Is that you?

e: realistically I'll just never have to buy champions again, which was kind of status quo anyway with champ shards.

I just hope they have interesting choices in whatever system they replace runes with, I loved playing full pen Zyra and max AS yasuo and whatnot.

foutre fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 2, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

obviously riot was never going to give people 100% of the IP back. there is 0% chance of that ever getting past any board room. it is still lovely that they did not do it, but one has to have foreseen this. with that said this is an incredibly pointless battle to entrench yourself in. why are you doing this?

I hate myself

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I hate myself

You should hate yourself in silence like the rest of us, thanks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Google Butt posted:

You should hate yourself in silence like the rest of us, thanks.

My hate is loud and requires other people

This is also why I tried playing DotA 2 the other day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dickeye is notoriously one of the worst guys on this web forum and Id strongly recommend than you stop responding to him till he stops posting 20 times a page.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
Benghazi I'll carry you through some bot games if you play during the day. IGN is shaddowfist.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Yay, finally finished my placement games in flex. Landed at Gold V. I'll take it!

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If I try to return literally anything four years after I bought it I'm getting laughed at for evem trying and this is fake game money that you get for playing the game, I'm sorry rito slapped you in the face by not offering you a full refund

TBH Costco will full refund electronics years later like a bunch of retards. My dad took back a 65" projection TV that was 5 years old because he couldn't get lamps for it anymore, full $3500 refund.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dickeye is notoriously one of the worst guys on this web forum and Id strongly recommend than you stop responding to him till he stops posting 20 times a page.

Nah man I need more build advice from a guy that has difficulty not feeding against intermediate bots

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spudalicious posted:

TBH Costco will full refund electronics years later like a bunch of retards. My dad took back a 65" projection TV that was 5 years old because he couldn't get lamps for it anymore, full $3500 refund.

That's a Costco blessing though, PBUC

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mikujin posted:

Hey there beta buddy,

How the gently caress do you not have everything yet?

Sincerely,
Mikujin

P.S. Seriously it's not even remotely possible you don't.

Yeah I'm gonna side with Mikujin on this, I have absolutely everything and I could buy namechanges until time stops. But I really hope they they'll do another thing with Xayah and Rakan so I can gift goons champs

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Mikujin posted:

Hey there beta buddy,

Sincerely,
Mikujin

I have every champ and I started midseason after 2. I think I bought a grand total of three champs with RP in their release bundles because I really liked the skin and didn't have the IP handy.

I do not, however, have all the runes, just all the runes that have been good and in standard usage since season 4 or so. I do not feel like I will be robbed by only getting 40% of my IP from those runes back.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't play league that often

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Yeah I'm gonna side with Mikujin on this, I have absolutely everything and I could buy namechanges until time stops. But I really hope they they'll do another thing with Xayah and Rakan so I can gift goons champs

whats your ip count at? if they really are doing urfwick for 150k and allow gifting your local friendly meme king would like to collect his taxes

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm a little short of 50k IP right now, and even with the refund I don't think I'll get 150k for urfwick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I can see wanting refunds for things that was almost a requirement for years and is suddenly for free. It's not like they were giving anyone super advantages over anyone else, it was just a burden tax we all paid for years until they were made free.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kingcobweb posted:

Nah man I need more build advice from a guy that has difficulty not feeding against intermediate bots

gently caress you!!!!

Also I'm actually the best poster on the forums

Also I'm getting better, gone are the days where I die 14 times in a game because I don't know enough to retreat

Spudalicious posted:

Costco is basically the best and comparing anyone to them is unfair

Edit here is a real question, how essential of an ability is Tristanas W? I've noticed most people leave it until last to max because it's clearly not as useful as Q or E but I can't think of a time I've actually used it, to the point where I usually just pump Q and E and dont even pick it up until late game. I feel like this is wrong but I don't know why, why is this wrong

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 2, 2017

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I still think the dumbest thing is pretending rune pages still have value when you can change them in champ select. It's not surprising, since there would be a lot of RP spent on pages, but it's still dumb.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
riot is a small company, just trying to get along

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Taitale posted:

I still think the dumbest thing is pretending rune pages still have value when you can change them in champ select. It's not surprising, since there would be a lot of RP spent on pages, but it's still dumb.

they have value for me because the last time i changed my runes was i think in season 4 and i have no idea what any of my mastery pages do

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gently caress you!!!!

Also I'm actually the best poster on the forums

Also I'm getting better, gone are the days where I die 14 times in a game because I don't know enough to retreat

Costco is basically the best and comparing anyone to them is unfair

Edit here is a real question, how essential of an ability is Tristanas W? I've noticed most people leave it until last to max because it's clearly not as useful as Q or E but I can't think of a time I've actually used it, to the point where I usually just pump Q and E and dont even pick it up until late game. I feel like this is wrong but I don't know why, why is this wrong

You generally want a point in to to have access to the jump, but it doesn't really do much damage since it's an AP scaling, and most of the time you don't want to be jumping right next to someone. The reset mechanic also diminishes the impact of the decreased CD. W serves simultaneously as an oh poo poo button and as a way to chase down routed enemies.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Hey there beta buddy,

Sincerely,
Mikujin

i don't play as much as you guys.

i'm missing about 5 champions and bought 15~ with rp

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jumping on people is actually really good in laning phase all-ins because it applies a really strong slow to set up cc from your support/jungler.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my acct is from beta but i stopped playing between s2-5ish and im missing about 20 champs right now

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Firebert posted:

Jumping on people is actually really good in laning phase all-ins because it applies a really strong slow to set up cc from your support/jungler.
I said most of the time not all of the time. You're not exactly going to jump in during trades or during early stages of a team fight when you would just get cc'ed and blown up.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just wanna say Costco is the best, I love you Costco

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Just wanna say Costco is the best, I love you Costco

Agreed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kirtar posted:

You generally want a point in to to have access to the jump, but it doesn't really do much damage since it's an AP scaling, and most of the time you don't want to be jumping right next to someone. The reset mechanic also diminishes the impact of the decreased CD. W serves simultaneously as an oh poo poo button and as a way to chase down routed enemies.

That makes sense. My damage has increased by ignoring it but if I misjudge their health and push them away with my ult I lose range. I guess I'll go back to getting it at 3

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That makes sense. My damage has increased by ignoring it but if I misjudge their health and push them away with my ult I lose range. I guess I'll go back to getting it at 3

There are a few fun interactions like being able to cancel blitz hooks if the hook hits during the jump cast time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6qvmj4/isnt_it_time_to_expand_free_week_champion_rotation/dl1aryx/ I guess that's nice.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 2, 2017

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

How Rude posted:

it would cost them $0 to refund 100%

They would make less money from people buying champions for RP if they refunded 100% of IP. So yeah there's opportunity cost there.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

blah_blah posted:

They would make less money from people buying champions for RP if they refunded 100% of IP. So yeah there's opportunity cost there.

Keeby does not understand anything about money or how people make it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

blah_blah posted:

but the people we are discussing in particular are the people that already have everything

if Riot creates a reason to use the IP (urf warwick skin) then it gives actual value to the people that blew tens of thousands of ip on useless lovely runes. the only thing they could realistically spend RP on is skins alone

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how dare riot devalue my vintage beta account with urfwick and like nothing else

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

How Rude posted:

but the people we are discussing in particular are the people that already have everything

Those are a tiny minority of the playerbase. The game is full of people who dont have everything who have pumped 50-100k+ into runes.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

it would cost them $0 to refund 100%

It would cost them $0 to give every player every champion and skin, but it would also bankrupt them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It would cost them $0 to give every player every champion and skin, but it would also bankrupt them.

There's a huge difference between unlocking all content, and a big IP refund my dude

• Locked thread