Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but it's been my impression that, though Bernie stayed in the primary too long, since it ended he has done literally everything asked of him by the Democratic party and been completely non combative. He was 100% supportive of Clinton and had done strategically the things they asked him to.

What is warranting all the loving hate?

It's cynical use of anti-racism to steamroll political opposition. It's hard seem progressive if they support policies that favor elites so instead they shout "white male" over and over to pretend they are supporting women of color against the white-supremacist patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

Name Three.

bernie. keith ellison. paula swearengin. jaffe. iron stache.

hth

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Democrazy posted:

This isn't really about one particular candidate. Posters in this thread were literally against the idea that more women should be included in politics as a general good, which is a gross idea. It's not about promoting a certain candidate, but the idea that we can be entirely gender blind is as bad as the idea that we can be race blind. And promoting women is a good thing inartistically, because more diverse viewpoints lead to better outcomes and more bros consensus among the people the left should be representing.

This is not response to your post, but I don't think of survey data as a great response to the lived experience of women who apparently incorrectly "perceive" the sexism of their daily lives.

I don't think anyone in this thread is against the idea that women should be involved in politics.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Democrazy posted:

This isn't really about one particular candidate. Posters in this thread were literally against the idea that more women should be included in politics as a general good, which is a gross idea. It's not about promoting a certain candidate, but the idea that we can be entirely gender blind is as bad as the idea that we can be race blind. And promoting women is a good thing inartistically, because more diverse viewpoints lead to better outcomes and more bros consensus among the people the left should be representing.

This is not response to your post, but I don't think of survey data as a great response to the lived experience of women who apparently incorrectly "perceive" the sexism of their daily lives.

No. We objected to the idea that women should be in power. Not equal share of power. The power. The poster was not "I think there should be equal representation" they full-on wanted women to take over because of feminization of power or whatever.

"I want women in positions of power because the lack of that is unfair" and "I want women in power because they are special" are super different.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

i got the impression they were against pushing in women regardless of political ideology as a panacea for the problems facing america

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

The nastiness started from the Hillary camp, buddy, and a lot of the "not letting go" has to do with literal cheating being used with impunity to ratfuck anybody not called HRC.

And don't forget trying to co-opt and neuter the #Resistance movement.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

steinrokkan posted:

The nastiness started from the Hillary camp, buddy, and a lot of the "not letting go" has to do with literal cheating being used with impunity to ratfuck anybody not called HRC.

i love when the hillaries still try to pretend the primary was a fair contest

or that they can draw conclusions from a rigged primary

what idiots :D

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it's kinda ironic that the "democratic" party is anything but. it follows the naming guidelines like "affordable care act" though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't really think the primary was rigged on anything except name recognition.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't really think the primary was rigged on anything except name recognition.

the body responsible for conducting a fair primary was intentionally helping one candidate over all others. that's rigged.

the dnc leads were even leaking debate questions to HRC, cause she's so worthless she can't answer a question well without weeks of prep beforehand

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Condiv posted:

i got the impression they were against pushing in women regardless of political ideology as a panacea for the problems facing america

People literally said that there was no reason to consider people's genders in politics, that sexism should not be a concern for women in politics, and that someone arguing for women in politics must automatically be backing people they don't like, all of which is super bad and hostile to women in politics.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Democrazy posted:

People literally said that there was no reason to consider people's genders in politics, that sexism should not be a concern for women in politics, and that someone arguing for women in politics must automatically be backing people they don't like, all of which is super bad and hostile to women in politics.

Quote? Because while I believe someone said that, I suspect it was one person who was immediately told to gently caress off.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think Bernie was winning the primary since institutional inertia was so behind Clinton (that part isn't cheating but it is dumb) and Bernie who was previously not a big name outside of certain groups pretty much threw together his run last minute to push her left. The fact that they put their finger on the scale even though she was almost certainly going to win is a perfect example of Clinton self owns where she needlessly gives just enough of the appearance of corruption that it dominates the message instead of the positive stuff she's pushing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

the body responsible for conducting a fair primary was intentionally helping one candidate over all others. that's rigged.

the dnc leads were even leaking debate questions to HRC, cause she's so worthless she can't answer a question well without weeks of prep beforehand

Oh come on. I've seen those leaks. They were nothingburgers. I don't think an idiot at CNN mailing about the Flint debate saying "They're gonna ask about Flint!" made any difference at all, and the various dnc emails with various people being uncomfortable with Bernie were pretty much all replied to with some variation of "Don't use this channel for this purpose". There is no evidence of thumbs on the scale when it comes to any electioneering activity. There's just evidence some people at the DNC didn't like Bernie, which, no poo poo. They don't appear to have done anything about it.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
How could a primary consisting of HRC, Bernie Sanders, that guy who really loved talking about killing that one guy, the guy whose best excuse was it was my first day, and some other dipshit possibly not be in reality the democratic cream of the crop??? Truly, it was a grand contest and not some insane fake coronation ceremony.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Apart from her awful stances on prison slave labor and transgender rights, Kamala Harris refused to prosecute a bank that had illegally foreclosed people's homes. And then you have gems like this: ; which show just how out of touch she is with regular everyday Americans.

Is it really so hard for liberals to understand why people don't want another awful empty suit like her anywhere near the presidency?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Radish posted:

I don't think Bernie was winning the primary since institutional inertia was so behind Clinton (that part isn't cheating but it is dumb) and Bernie who was previously not a big name outside of certain groups pretty much threw together his run last minute to push her left. The fact that they put their finger on the scale even though she was almost certainly going to win is a perfect example of Clinton self owns where she needlessly gives just enough of the appearance of corruption that it dominates the message instead of the positive stuff she's pushing.

bernie might've won, but he started off as a protest campaign and it's a lot of work to switch gears from protest to real campaign. the dems were using more than inertia though, they were inventing and repeating fake news to discredit bernie "bernie hacked us, bernie is violating election laws, bernie supporters are throwing chairs". then there were other acts of putting their finger on the scale like working with the hillary campaign to do oppo on bernie, leaking debate questions, etc. and that's just what we know from a hosed up organization that wants to pretend none of that happened, or even if it did it was fine. there is no doubt way more poo poo the DNC was pulling in 2016 on hillary's favor, and the same vermin that were running the show in 2016 are still running it in 2018 (and torpedoing leftists in a sad attempt to keep centrism from looking bad)!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Scent of Worf posted:

Is it really so hard for liberals to understand why people don't want another awful empty suit like her anywhere near the presidency?

liberals are largely awful empty suits so it's not so much they don't understand as much as it is a lawyer who attempts to deny transgender people rights is so into the rules it warms their cockles.

i mean, did you see Nevvy Z's fetishization of "the process". The ideal president is one that can do nothing because their hands are tied and the law says so. That way nothing changes, especially their tax rates.

and I mean, why do they have to appeal to the left? she's better than Trump and you only get two choices!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh come on. I've seen those leaks. They were nothingburgers. I don't think an idiot at CNN mailing about the Flint debate saying "They're gonna ask about Flint!" made any difference at all, and the various dnc emails with various people being uncomfortable with Bernie were pretty much all replied to with some variation of "Don't use this channel for this purpose". There is no evidence of thumbs on the scale when it comes to any electioneering activity. There's just evidence some people at the DNC didn't like Bernie, which, no poo poo. They don't appear to have done anything about it.

no, they did a lot about it. DWS was personally spreading fake news about bernie and his supporters during the election (remember the chair throwing? entirely made up). and what info we have is incomplete. i do not doubt the dnc was doing more, cause everything points to the leadership of the DNC acting in favor of one particular candidate

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but it's been my impression that, though Bernie stayed in the primary too long, since it ended he has done literally everything asked of him by the Democratic party and been completely non combative. He was 100% supportive of Clinton and had done strategically the things they asked him to.

What is warranting all the loving hate?

His supporters booed Hillary when it became clear that the primary was a sham, despite Bernie telling them not to boo and getting booed himself. After the election, Bernie wouldn't completely abandon policy for fundraising/protecting our abuela or commit self-immolation outside of the White House for his sin of getting Trump elected.

Oh and some of them are so unhinged that they legitimately believe that every person on Twitter that confronts them is a racist misogynist Russian bot designed to cause chaos within the democratic party (not that people could actually disagree with them or judge others based on anything besides their genitals/skin color)

JailTrump posted:

Name Three.

Tulsi Gabbard
Bernie Sanders (if he runs)
Elizabeth Warren (not my favorite and I don't think she could win but still better than Kamala)

And you realize that 2020 is going to be a clowncar primary of possibly 16+ candidates, right? Everybody's going to try to make a go of it for the easy slam dunk on Trump...unless the DNC pulls some serious strings.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Except it will be a stage full of mostly good people with reasonable positions who want to use government to help the poor, with minor disagreements of how to do that.

I don't think so Tim

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 2, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Scent of Worf posted:

awful stances on prison slave labor

All I can find about this is related to this incidence
https://thinkprogress.org/california-attorney-general-says-her-offices-defense-of-prison-labor-evokes-chain-gangs-5c768fd447a4

Where again she was the boss while someone else went to court and did a lawyer thing. Is there more to it than that? I'm not a big harris fan, but I do like my opinions to be based on things she actually did .

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Condiv posted:

bernie might've won, but he started off as a protest campaign and it's a lot of work to switch gears from protest to real campaign. the dems were using more than inertia though, they were inventing and repeating fake news to discredit bernie "bernie hacked us, bernie is violating election laws, bernie supporters are throwing chairs". then there were other acts of putting their finger on the scale like working with the hillary campaign to do oppo on bernie, leaking debate questions, etc. and that's just what we know from a hosed up organization that wants to pretend none of that happened, or even if it did it was fine. there is no doubt way more poo poo the DNC was pulling in 2016 on hillary's favor, and the same vermin that were running the show in 2016 are still running it in 2018 (and torpedoing leftists in a sad attempt to keep centrism from looking bad)!

A Bernie Sanders staffer hacking into the Clinton campaign VAN is not fake news. I should know, I met the person who did it.

Nice guy, by the way. Made a mistake, but a lot of the people I know (including the Clinton supporters) say he's a good guy and that he certainly would never do it again.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Nevvy Z posted:

Where again she was the boss while someone else went to court and did a lawyer thing.

Ahh yes the classic "why would you hold the leadership responsible for the actions of the organization?"

In fact, the Attorney General of California is a fluff position with no real decision making power there just hasn't been a chance for Kamala Harris to prove herself to the bernie bros

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Perfect Potato posted:

How could a primary consisting of HRC, Bernie Sanders, that guy who really loved talking about killing that one guy, the guy whose best excuse was it was my first day, and some other dipshit possibly not be in reality the democratic cream of the crop??? Truly, it was a grand contest and not some insane fake coronation ceremony.

ikr? the idea the field was cleared for hillary is still treated as insane :lol:

Nevvy Z posted:

https://thinkprogress.org/california-attorney-general-says-her-offices-defense-of-prison-labor-evokes-chain-gangs-5c768fd447a4

Where again she was the boss while someone else went to court and did a lawyer thing. Is there more to it than that? I'm not a big harris fan, but I do like my opinions to be based on things she actually did .

yes, she had absolutely no idea her underling was going to go in and argue against releasing inmates that have been ordered released. she also had no idea what he was gonna argue, so she was very surprised when he argued that they shouldn't be released cause their slave labor was needed

c'mon nevvy, even you can't believe that poo poo

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

"I didn't do it, it was my underlings. I technically didn't do this."

Sounds like Kamala has been watching too many mafia movies. This really isn't any kind of defense, and in fact, it actually makes her look like even more of an empty suit.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

A Bernie Sanders staffer hacking into the Clinton campaign VAN is not fake news. I should know, I met the person who did it.

Nice guy, by the way. Made a mistake, but a lot of the people I know (including the Clinton supporters) say he's a good guy and that he certainly would never do it again.

the staffer accessing things he shouldn't have been able to isn't the problem. it's when DWS made it into "bernie's trying to hack his opponents so we're going to illegally rip away access to voter data from his campaign"

she was v obviously trying to get rid of him then and there, plus she was smearing him (yet again)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
2020 is going to be completely insane.

Presuming the Republicans don't steamroll 2018 and ban the Democrats with a Constitutional amendment, anyway.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Condiv posted:

the staffer accessing things he shouldn't have been able to isn't the problem. it's when DWS made it into "bernie's trying to hack his opponents so we're going to illegally rip away access to voter data from his campaign"

she was v obviously trying to get rid of him then and there, plus she was smearing him (yet again)

The person who did it certainly thinks it was a problem that the Sanders campaign accessed and pulled data it shouldn't have. A staffer on the Sanders campaign did wrong. That's not fake news, the Sanders campaign did hack their political opponent and pulled data from the campaign.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

The person who did it certainly thinks it was a problem that the Sanders campaign accessed and pulled data it shouldn't have. A staffer on the Sanders campaign did wrong. That's not fake news, the Sanders campaign did hack their political opponent and pulled data from the campaign.

he was ordered to hack the opponent? last i heard, he was fired as soon as they found out? that's quite a claim, that bernie was intentionally hacking the hillary campaign

meanwhile, DWS blew things way out of proportion. as you just said, the guy who did it isn't a bad guy and made a mistake. so why was DWS so eager to handicap a candidate's campaign? cause she was trying to end bernie's campaign then and there and was only forced to back off after he filed suit against the dems

so again, the bernie poo poo was fake news. he wasn't trying to hack clinton, though dws did her best to make it sound like that, and the heavyhanded approach she took was completely unwarranted

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

reminder that the collusion that was revealed was so bad DWS was forced to step down, and then hillary gave her a reward position in the HRC 2016 campaign

none of this is significant to centrists, cause the cheating thumb on the scale was helping their preferred candidate. then they whine like hell when they get cheated by someone else in 2016

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That "reward" position was an unpaid honorary title.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's just Hillary Clinton's style. Corruption for corruptions sake.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al Borland Corp. posted:

yeah, you guys argued this constantly back when it happened too. if it's such a worthless position, why did hillary have to give it to DWS? if it wasn't a reward, why was it being offered even though it made hillary's campaign look terrible to the exact people she needed to bring in (and she loving knew it would hurt her too!)

doesn't make much sense for hillary to harm her campaign by bringing on trash like dws for absolutely no reason. especially when said trash was just found to be colluding with her campaign and was an obvious liability

Condiv fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 2, 2017

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv, Call Me Charlie posted:

bernie. Bernie Sanders (if he runs)

Clearly a "Up and Coming" Dem figure

Condiv posted:

keith ellison

Yeah I'm sure people are going to vote for a muslim.

:shepface:

Call Me Charlie posted:

Elizabeth Warren (not my favorite and I don't think she could win but still better than Kamala)

Yeah I'm sure the new Hillary Clinton will do well.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

rust belters certainly did. why don't you gently caress off bigot

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

2020 is going to be completely insane.

Presuming the Republicans don't steamroll 2018 and ban the Democrats with a Constitutional amendment, anyway.

It's going to be crazy on both sides. I'm having a hard time imagining there not being a primary on the GOP side, especially if Trump's approval rating is anywhere close to where it's at now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

yeah, you guys argued this constantly back when it happened too. if it's such a worthless position, why did hillary have to give it to DWS? if it wasn't a reward, why was it being offered even though it made hillary's campaign look terrible to the exact people she needed to bring in (and she loving knew it would hurt her too!)

doesn't make much sense for hillary to harm her campaign by bringing on trash like dws for absolutely no reason. especially when said trash was just found to be colluding with her campaign and was an obvious liability

Cause DWS was a personal friend and in her eye deserved to leave with some shred of dignity.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

JailTrump posted:

"I'm a progressive and I say, Muslims must categorically sacrifice their ambitions to protect my party's viability"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

Clearly a "Up and Coming" Dem figure

:shepface:

Yeah I'm sure the new Hillary Clinton will do well.

There's that liberal racism and arrogance again. It's like 2016 taught them nothing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We had a Muslim president for 8 years already guys.

• Locked thread