Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Al Borland Corp. posted:

We had a Muslim president for 8 years already guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFREDHB-nQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
[quote="JailTrump" post=""474962016"]

Yeah I'm sure people are going to vote for a Muslim
[/quote]

They already vited obe. President. Twice.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

We had a Muslim president for 8 years already guys.
How many times do we have to tell you this? Woodrow Wilson was not a Muslim!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of the Florida poll of whether voters thought Hillary was a literal demon, and 3% of her supporters voted yes.

I dunno why, but it was funny.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

There's that liberal racism and arrogance again. It's like 2016 taught them nothing lol

I'm not a racist I just don't believe Muslims can win elections in the US in 2020 4 years after Trump won a national election on banning muslims from entering the country.

I'd be more than happy to be proved right but winning in 2020 is a life and death situation and shouldn't be a time to test that question.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

no, they did a lot about it. DWS was personally spreading fake news about bernie and his supporters during the election (remember the chair throwing? entirely made up). and what info we have is incomplete. i do not doubt the dnc was doing more, cause everything points to the leadership of the DNC acting in favor of one particular candidate

If it wasn't DWS it would have been a different Clinton talking head and there's not a single loving voter who's undecided before they hear what the DNC chair has to say on the reeves

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Cause DWS was a personal friend and in her eye deserved to leave with some shred of dignity.

isn't shielding DWS from the scorn she very rightfully earned with her corruption rewarding her? of course it is. whose hill 2016 permatoxx alt are you btw?

in any case, with posts like this, it's fairly obvious why you think DWS's tenure was good and the dems weren't rigging the primary:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Chelsea Manning has mental problems and also she's an idiot who did legitimate harn to national security.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

JailTrump posted:

I'm not a racist I just don't believe Muslims can win elections in the US in 2020 4 years after Trump won a national election on banning muslims from entering the country.

I'd be more than happy to be proved right but winning in 2020 is a life and death situation and shouldn't be a time to test that question.

2016 was a life and death situation and we tested running a slaveowner. I think a muslim is probably a less risky choice

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

If it wasn't DWS it would have been a different Clinton talking head and there's not a single loving voter who's undecided before they hear what the DNC chair has to say on the reeves

truly it was already pre-ordained

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

JailTrump posted:

Interesting how you suddenly have so many great excuses when it's you shutting down people because of their identity, but if somebody says an unkind word against Harris or Hillary, they are unquestionably bigots.

gently caress off, bigot.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

if it was a different clinton talking head i wouldn't have a case. when it's the person in charge of the organization in charge of running a fair primary, i do. funny how that works

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

every presidential election is life and death for the dems. under your reasoning, there will never be an appropriate time for the dems to run a muslim candidate

you're a bigot, and you're fighting for a racist status quo based off bullshit

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

2016 was a life and death situation and we tested running a slaveowner. I think a muslim is probably a less risky choice

Lol you people are crazy if you are unironically calling Hillary Clinton a slaveowner.

I have no response for that level of idiocy.

steinrokkan posted:

Interesting how you suddenly have so many great excuses when it's you shutting down people because of their identity, but if somebody says an unkind word against Harris or Hillary, they are unquestionably bigots.

gently caress off, bigot.

I never said people who were attacking Hillary or Harris were bigots at all.

Hillary Clinton was a bad candidate I did not support her and voted for Bernie in the primaries.

Harris I do not think can win because I think there are a lot of americans who will simply not vote for a women, including a lot of women. I do think it's unfair to pile on her about the Trans thing in California though.

That's one of the reasons Hillary lost, besides being a bad candidate.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

Lol you people are crazy if you are unironically calling Hillary Clinton a slaveowner.

I have no response for that level of idiocy.

hahahahahahahaha

she literally wrote about owning slaves in one of her books. wrote about how surprisingly intelligent they were too

yet again, another idiot hillary tries to defend his racist abuela from her own racism

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Condiv posted:

he was ordered to hack the opponent? last i heard, he was fired as soon as they found out? that's quite a claim, that bernie was intentionally hacking the hillary campaign

meanwhile, DWS blew things way out of proportion. as you just said, the guy who did it isn't a bad guy and made a mistake. so why was DWS so eager to handicap a candidate's campaign? cause she was trying to end bernie's campaign then and there and was only forced to back off after he filed suit against the dems

so again, the bernie poo poo was fake news. he wasn't trying to hack clinton, though dws did her best to make it sound like that, and the heavyhanded approach she took was completely unwarranted

It doesn't matter whether the person was ordered or not. He is a member of Sanders' campaign. He hacked the Clinton campaign's electoral data. If people accused Sanders himself of being involved, they're obviously wrong. I don't think that this condemns Sanders' while campaign or delegitimization his run, but the denial of wrongdoing is worrying. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to to think that what happened was okay, or do something like that in the future.

I also wouldn't want anyone thinking that leaking debate questions is wrong, either. Normalizing either is bad for the primary process.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

if it was a different clinton talking head i wouldn't have a case. when it's the person in charge of the organization in charge of running a fair primary, i do. funny how that works

Obama was in charge of the organization in charge of running a fair election, and he preferred Clinton, does Trump have a valid complaint about a rigged election?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Look guys, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good here. America is ready to vote for a Smart On Crime candidate that will make being poor a felony, or an equity fund manager that's been making Bain Capital Great Again, or a sentient vat of pharmaceutical waste and donor cash. But someone slightly to the left of that? Clearly he's an un-electable Mohammedan.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It is an unfortunate fact that Hillary, in her own documented words, "owned slaves"

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So... are we just ignoring the fact that this lunatic who's supposed to be the new face of the Democrats wants to jail parents with truant children?

I'm having a hard time getting past this, someone walk me through how this is acceptable and not a nightmarish Republican-style "throw black people in prison to make them slaves again like the good old days" backdoor kinda thing.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
She didn't own slaves, she just knowingly used their labor while in a position of authority over them

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
By the way, this was the kind of attitude I was talking about with sexism in politics:

JailTrump posted:

Yeah I'm sure the new Hillary Clinton will do well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

isn't shielding DWS from the scorn she very rightfully earned with her corruption rewarding her? of course it is. whose hill 2016 permatoxx alt are you btw?

in any case, with posts like this, it's fairly obvious why you think DWS's tenure was good and the dems weren't rigging the primary:

I voted Bernie man I don't know what to tell you. Also I stand by that Manning statement. I've never toxxed for anything except getting a thread done on time. DWS was incompetent and a bad DNC leader and a bad politician in general but she didn't deserve the treatment and raw hate she got. Her life at that point was nothing but people telling her to loving die. Zero reason for Clinton to also throw her under the bus.

And thanks, before I had said I had only seen extremists from the Clinton wing and not the Bernie ones. Now I have. Get the gently caress over the primary.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

It doesn't matter whether the person was ordered or not. He is a member of Sanders' campaign. He hacked the Clinton campaign's electoral data. If people accused Sanders himself of being involved, they're obviously wrong. I don't think that this condemns Sanders' while campaign or delegitimization his run, but the denial of wrongdoing is worrying. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to to think that what happened was okay, or do something like that in the future.

no-one legitimized the actions of the aid. as soon as it came to light, he was fired. dws did accuse sanders of being in on it though, which is why she ripped away his access even though the bad actor was gone from his campaign. and which is why his access was not restored till he sued

quote:

I also wouldn't want anyone thinking that leaking debate questions is wrong, either. Normalizing either is bad for the primary process.

and yet hillaries have been doing just that this page and not a word.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Obama was in charge of the organization in charge of running a fair election, and he preferred Clinton, does Trump have a valid complaint about a rigged election?

dws was more than preferring clinton, that's why she was forced out of her leadership position. this is just sad wj

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but it's been my impression that, though Bernie stayed in the primary too long, since it ended he has done literally everything asked of him by the Democratic party and been completely non combative. He was 100% supportive of Clinton and had done strategically the things they asked him to.

What is warranting all the loving hate?

It is dumb and bad for the "centrist" Dems to attack him.

But because he is collaborating with centrists and doing what they ask he is now a centrist by the logic of the condivs of this thread and thus history's greatest monster.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Democrazy posted:

By the way, this was the kind of attitude I was talking about with sexism in politics:

She's already been smeared by the right-wing machine to the point she polls underwater in Massachusetts.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

She didn't own slaves, she just knowingly used their labor while in a position of authority over them

If you consider prisoners slaves. Then yes.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

centrists are sexist, news at 11

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Democrazy posted:

It doesn't matter whether the person was ordered or not. He is a member of Sanders' campaign. He hacked the Clinton campaign's electoral data.

That's a really dramatic way to put it. A glitch made the data available, so some staffers looked at it. It wasn't some deliberate Russia style hacking.

http://www.snopes.com/bernie-sanders-campaign-data-breach-controversy/

quote:

WHAT'S TRUE
During a brief security lapse due to a bug on the part of third-party campaign information data company NGP VAN, four staffers from the Bernie Sanders campaign had unauthorized access to limited data pertaining to the Hillary Clinton campaign. The DNC has since pledged to restore the Sanders campaign's access to the voter files.

WHAT'S FALSE
The data were accessed over a lengthy period; the data were "exported" or otherwise extracted; the data were of high value to the Sanders campaign.

WHAT'S UNDETERMINED
What the staffers' intent in accessing the data was; whether the Clinton campaign engaged in similar activity during the 2008 campaign but was unsanctioned (as asserted in a suit filed by Sanders' campaign against the DNC); under precisely which circumstances the staffers accessed the information; the manner in which the proprietary software operated and the ease with which such data might be accessed deliberately or inadvertently.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

It is dumb and bad for the "centrist" Dems to attack him.

But because he is collaborating with centrists and doing what they ask he is now a centrist by the logic of the condivs of this thread and thus history's greatest monster.

sorry, that doesn't follow

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

JailTrump posted:

Read the 13th amendment

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

dws was more than preferring clinton, that's why she was forced out of her leadership position. this is just sad wj

She was forced out because everyone hated her. If she had defenders, she would still be there

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

forced to work at wages so low they don't even cover the costs of being in prison

punished if they don't work via denial of parole, solitary confinement, etc

people subject to the treatment are frequently and commonly forced into it by an unjust system

in what way is it not slavery? or are you going to ignore that minorities are sent to jail on trumped up charges all the time, are sentenced for longer than white people for no reason, and are set up to fail so they constantly get pushed back into this system?

it's slavery, just slavery centrists like you can embrace

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

Read the 13th amendment

I did tell you how the 13th made my friend not vote for Hillary in this thread right?

And how we got Donald Trump as a result correct?

People caring more about what is done to prisoners then what is done to non-imprisoned minorities irks me to no end.

Wave away how much you enabled a right-wing fascist to be elected because of what a politician did to some prisoners. I won't. I'd vote for a Neoliberal Economist before a Fujimori as the people in Peru just did. Because I have a sense of what is important.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

NewForumSoftware posted:

Read the 13th amendment

Appropos

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

JailTrump posted:

I did tell you how the 13th made my friend not vote for Hillary in this thread right?

It's not my fault Hillary writes books about owning slaves

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

She was forced out because everyone hated her. If she had defenders, she would still be there

I don't think so. I think she was forced out because of the leaks and she would have remained leader if those emails had never come to light.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hillary loved her so much she put her into her campaign so it doesn't follow that "everyone hated her". and she was forced out because of the email leak which the DNC had to apologize to sanders for! nice try to rewrite history though wj:

quote:

“On behalf of everyone at the DNC, we want to offer a deep and sincere apology to Senator Sanders, his supporters, and the entire Democratic Party for the inexcusable remarks made over email,” Democratic Party officials said in a statement. The controversy led to the resignation of Debbie Wasserman Schultz as party chair on Sunday.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
e: wrong thread.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

People caring more about what is done to prisoners then what is done to non-imprisoned minorities irks me to no end.

Wave away how much you enabled a right-wing fascist to be elected because of what a politician did to some prisoners. I won't. I'd vote for a Neoliberal Economist before a Fujimori as the people in Peru just did. Because I have a sense of what is important.

sorry, we got president donald trump cause hillary was literally too stupid to campaign in some states

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

JailTrump posted:

the next level for "you can't solve racism by breaking up the banks"

"you can't solve racism by reforming the prison system"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChairMaster posted:

So... are we just ignoring the fact that this lunatic who's supposed to be the new face of the Democrats wants to jail parents with truant children?

I'm having a hard time getting past this, someone walk me through how this is acceptable and not a nightmarish Republican-style "throw black people in prison to make them slaves again like the good old days" backdoor kinda thing.

How else will we meet quotas for private prisons and funnel all the taxpayer money towards charter schools ensure that our children get a proper education? These parents need some skin in the game.

quote:

The state’s attorney general, Kamala Harris, said, “a child going without education is tantamount to a crime,” and had taken steps to treat it as such: In 2011 she implemented new measures that could result in fines of up to $2,500 or a year in jail for parents of truant kids.

• Locked thread