Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

Why people hate being called poor so much? Your value in currency is almost entirely luckbased. Your upwards earning potential can only be influenced a small amount by your actions. This is freeing.

In the United States if you are poor you have obviously morally failed in some way, are contemptible because of this, and you only deserve a humane standard of living if your betters so choose to give it to you

work 2 or 3 jobs to stay afloat and are still poor as gently caress? Too bad you're still morally suspect and you are being slowly ground to death in the gears of our aggressively capitalist system at the same time

also if you're male you I feel like you get like roughly double the shame if you don't win the economic lottery in some way or another- like not asking anyone to shed a tear for the poor disadvantaged white, straight male in the US but that kind of expectation and then the resultant constant shame upon the expectation more than likely not being met can't be healthy psychologically for like wide swathes of our country and I feel it plays right into the hands of politicians who readily tap into and abuse it

like I know this isn't a revelation or anything but this is the way the vast majority of people think in the US; it's reality and kind of a stumbling block to enacting any social safety nets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i hear talk about pittsburgh and retail and i'm thinking a lot lately about the decline of retail and this happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlffr73fuM

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

thrawn527 posted:

What pending announcement?

Supposedly something to do with immigration.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm sure Trump's "signing statement" will just be a feeble, flailing attempt to appease Putin so that he won't immediately release the piss tape.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEnKVN0bUo

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

finally! hope we get an investigation into why there's no white history month next.

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/892763061806915585

https://twitter.com/0InTheSheets/status/844591009489211393

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

pushpins posted:

Anyone know what this impending announcement from Trump is about?

Oh wow they are going to beat the Russians to the piss tape leak

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

thrawn527 posted:

russia was going to release piss tape against sanctions, so trump is pre-empting them

e;fb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahahaha

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Vertical Lime posted:

you ever notice how big al bundy's house was in spite of their income

IIRC that house is in Deerfield, IL and is now worth ~$700k or something ridiculous like that

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Michael Bayleaf posted:

then what even is the loving glans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reverend Dr posted:

russia was going to release piss tape against sanctions, so trump is pre-empting them

e;fb

He should just start pissing on tv to normalize it

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Citizen Tayne posted:

my advice to you is that if you want to buy something from Dick's Sporting Goods, don't go to dicks.com. There aren't any sporting goods there

Every day I drive past a shopping plaza with a Dick's Sporting Goods and a Giant grocery store. Once they put up new signage for the plaza and those two stores were side by side, so for a week or two everyone got to enjoy an 8-foot-tall GIANT DICK'S billboard.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ShutteredIn posted:

Oh wow they are going to beat the Russians to the piss tape leak

I...I've been dreaming of this all my life and they...they just...played it at a press briefing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Oh, sweet. And looks like it's coming at 11:30. So...12:15?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

peeing is pretty normal when you think about it

everyone does it

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
wow this hookers stream is powerful

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Vertical Lime posted:

i hear talk about pittsburgh and retail and i'm thinking a lot lately about the decline of retail and this happening

Haha that's only like 20 miles north of Pittsburghs other dead mall Century 3.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

admins please change my name to "Something with piss." tia

euphronius posted:

Dicks has terrible prices I dont know how they are in business. Who shops there.

come on down to the big Dick's sale

the biggest sale of Dick's you've ever seen

penis

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Internet posted:

Haha that's only like 20 miles north of Pittsburghs other dead mall Century 3.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a bipod and a basketball and 400 rounds of 5.56 from Dicks and it was alright priced

They have a shotgun I want for a good price too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can't they start razing malls

they are all already depreciated

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

DUMP195: That White House Is A Real Trump :sad:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

They opened that place in the rear end end of nowhere, got $55m in concessions from the local government in tax rebates and property development, and the place wasn't near full on opening day. Pretty sure that entire thing was a scam from the word go.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

DUMP195: That White House Is A Real Trump :sad:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
the most famous local burger place in seattle is called dicks and its so good no one but tourists laugh when someone talks about eating dicks

also we're all gay but its mostly the burgers

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Pittsburgh is an opioid wasteland but it could be Ohio, so not all bad.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

brugroffil posted:

or something pushing back on the attempts to limit what the executive branch can do with the sanctions

yup

quote:

Trump’s concerns cover four areas: encroachment on executive authority, unintentional harm to U.S. companies and business, as well as U.S. international partners, and limits on the flexibility of the administration to act in concert with allies in dealing with Russia.

The European Union has warned of possible retaliation if European companies are hobbled by sanctions aimed at squeezing Russia’s energy exports.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Monkey Fracas posted:

also if you're male you I feel like you get like roughly double the shame if you don't win the economic lottery in some way or another- like not asking anyone to shed a tear for the poor disadvantaged white, straight male in the US but that kind of expectation and then the resultant constant shame upon the expectation more than likely not being met can't be healthy psychologically for like wide swathes of our country and I feel it plays right into the hands of politicians who readily tap into and abuse it

La guillotine, elle ne fait pas une distinction

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

truck

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

also we're all gay but its mostly the burgers

if burgers make you gay then let the parade begin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Louisgod posted:

Supposedly something to do with immigration.

oh hell yeah its the death camp announcement

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

Pittsburgh is an opioid wasteland but it could be Ohio, so not all bad.

All the opioids are being done by people outside the city

Butler kids drive in to buy their oxy and OD in the parking lot at the Lawrenceville Wendy's.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I...I've been dreaming of this all my life and they...they just...played it at a press briefing

I don't care how we get the piss tape. If the only way to see it is protected onto the side of a mushroom cloud then so be it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

La guillotine, elle ne fait pas une distinction

aint nobodys baby as sharp as my baby :allears:

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

nothing new about this, the european economy was crashed by flower bulb speculation a few centuries ago.

If you've got more money than 80% of the people around you, you're rich by definition.

Maybe Americans are mostly poor? :thunk: :thunk: :thunk:

sardine bubble > bulb bubble

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol @ Trump rattling off stats. He's always done that, they're just often complete bullshit that someone told him 10 minutes ago (isnt that amazing? many people dont know that) or hannity/tucker/foxfriends made sure to say it like 50 times (this sort is usually accompanied by the little ok hand sign and extreme CHYYYNAA style enunciation)

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/892482961098125317

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I don't care how we get the piss tape. If the only way to see it is protected onto the side of a mushroom cloud then so be it.

to see the piss tape is to become the mushroom cloud tovarisch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

oh hell yeah its the death camp announcement

good news, the barb wire and electric fences will be made in the USA and should create an immense number of jobs.

• Locked thread