Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

JailTrump posted:

I did tell you how the 13th made my friend not vote for Hillary in this thread right?

And how we got Donald Trump as a result correct?

People caring more about what is done to prisoners then what is done to non-imprisoned minorities irks me to no end.

Wave away how much you enabled a right-wing fascist to be elected because of what a politician did to some prisoners. I won't. I'd vote for a Neoliberal Economist before a Fujimori as the people in Peru just did. Because I have a sense of what is important.

It's possible to care about more than one thing at once. Also, how can you be concern trolling about right wing fascists when you have such far right authoritarian views about prisoners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

I did tell you how the 13th made my friend not vote for Hillary in this thread right?

And how we got Donald Trump as a result correct?

People caring more about what is done to prisoners then what is done to non-imprisoned minorities irks me to no end.

Wave away how much you enabled a right-wing fascist to be elected because of what a politician did to some prisoners. I won't. I'd vote for a Neoliberal Economist before a Fujimori as the people in Peru just did. Because I have a sense of what is important.

"slavery is just the price we pay for society! deal with it idealogues!!" -centrism 2020

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Democrazy posted:

By the way, this was the kind of attitude I was talking about with sexism in politics:

The one arguing that the left doesn't want to vote for Rockefeller Republicans because they don't have a clammy, soggy dick down the front of their pants is you. We don't want to vote for them because they are Rockefeller Republicans.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scent of Worf posted:

I don't think so. I think she was forced out because of the leaks and she would have remained leader if those emails had never come to light.

the expectation was she was gonna be replaced by Hillary after she won anyway

Condiv posted:

hillary loved her so much she put her into her campaign so it doesn't follow that "everyone hated her". and she was forced out because of the email leak which the DNC had to apologize to sanders for! nice try to rewrite history though wj:

put her into her campaign to give her a facesaving exit so DWS wouldn't burn poo poo down like she threatened to do to Obama and then she was never heard from again

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

the next level for "you can't solve racism by breaking up the banks"

"you can't solve racism by reforming the prison system"

You can't solve racism with politics period.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

It's really weird to claim "actually i'm a leftist and not racist, i voted for bernie i swear" when you're over here telling us to forget about prison slavery in a country where minorities get incarcerated at massively higher rates than whites by the justice system. The racist justice system is one of the key contributing factors in the destruction of poor black communities.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Condiv posted:

no-one legitimized the actions of the aid. as soon as it came to light, he was fired. dws did accuse sanders of being in on it though, which is why she ripped away his access even though the bad actor was gone from his campaign. and which is why his access was not restored till he sued

and yet hillaries have been doing just that this page and not a word.

The campaign did the right thing (I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall at one point Jeff Weaver implying that the campaign was set up, though). But many people refuse to let go and actually admit as to what happened, including yourself. You can disagree with the actions of a campaign without disagreeing with the candidate.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

It's possible to care about more than one thing at once. Also, how can you be concern trolling about right wing fascists when you have such far right authoritarian views about prisoners?

Maybe by having lived in countries where prisons look like this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

put her into her campaign to give her a facesaving exit so DWS wouldn't burn poo poo down like she threatened to do to Obama and then she was never heard from again

how does this make it sound better for hillary? she has to buy DWS off so DWS won't air the rest of hillary's dirty laundry in retaliation? sounds like a reward for a job well done as well as insurance to keep her little gremlin loyal

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

It's really weird to claim "actually i'm a leftist and not racist, i voted for bernie i swear" when you're over here telling us to forget about prison slavery in a country where minorities get incarcerated at massively higher rates than whites by the justice system. The racist justice system is one of the key contributing factors in the destruction of poor black communities.

I agree the racist justice system needs to be reformed 100%. First by eliminating and modifying the jury system and by introducing color blindness to trials.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

The campaign did the right thing (I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall at one point Jeff Weaver implying that the campaign was set up, though). But many people refuse to let go and actually admit as to what happened, including yourself. You can disagree with the actions of a campaign without disagreeing with the candidate.

i do not think it makes much sense to paint the actions of a staffer as the actions of the entire campaign, and i dunno why i would ever think that unless it was shown bernie or high level members of the campaign were encouraging it. everything we know points towards them shutting this behavior down asap so you're just trying to paint bernie as hacking his opponents

JailTrump posted:

gently caress off shithead, we don't want american prisons to get worse, even if it would remind you of home

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

JailTrump posted:

I agree the racist justice system needs to be reformed 100%. First by eliminating and modifying the jury system and by introducing color blindness to trials.

what's your plan here, put every defendant in blackface?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JailTrump posted:

Would that even be possible? What if the accused needs to testify? Or an accused acquaintance or relative? Even geographical information about where the crime took place will likely give away the defendants race

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

JailTrump posted:

"It's not as bad as in 3rd world countries so their plight obviously isn't real" is literal right wing propaganda straight out of fox news.

JailTrump posted:

I agree the racist justice system needs to be reformed 100%.

If you actually believe this then how can you hand-wave away issues about prisoners when there are so many people in our prisons who are only in there because of the racist justice system in the first place? You are denying rights to a lot of people whose only offense was being non-white at the wrong place and time, or doing completely minor poo poo like selling weed and getting hit with 20 years.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

gently caress off shithead, we don't want american prisons to get worse, even if it would remind you of home

I agree. American prisons should not get worse.

There should be some amount of reform to the prison system as it is.

But that is not my biggest priority. My priority is helping people not in prison first.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Would that even be possible? What if the accused needs to testify? Or an accused acquaintance or relative? Even geographical information about where the crime took place will likely give away the defendants race

Augmented Technology could probably be used to paint over peoples faces you know.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

how does this make it sound better for hillary? she has to buy DWS off so DWS won't air the rest of hillary's dirty laundry in retaliation? sounds like a reward for a job well done as well as insurance to keep her little gremlin loyal

it wasn't "air dirty laundry", it was "call everybody antisemitic"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

I agree. American prisons should not get worse.

There should be some amount of reform to the prison system as it is.

But that is not my biggest priority. My priority is helping people not in prison first.

neither kamala harris nor hillary clinton share that priority at all. So why do you love them so much that you have to defend their preference for slavery?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Condiv posted:

i do not think it makes much sense to paint the actions of a staffer as the actions of the entire campaign, and i dunno why i would ever think that unless it was shown bernie or high level members of the campaign were encouraging it. everything we know points towards them shutting this behavior down asap so you're just trying to paint bernie as hacking his opponents

The Sanders campaign accessed data through unauthorized means. That's hacking. It's basic. Open and shut. The Sanders campaign admitted to it. And the fact that you first denied it and then downplayed it is crazy. You can admit that it was wrong. It's okay. But not admitting that at all worries me, because I don't want people getting involved in politics who are okay with that sort of behavior.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

that is so loving stupid. that is the most idiotic theory i've ever heard

"known corrupt piece of poo poo that nobody likes DWS will call me antisemitic! that'd be much worse than people calling me corrupt and a cheater cause i took in a person who cheated on my behalf! better hire her!"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Democrazy posted:

The Sanders campaign accessed data through unauthorized means. That's hacking. It's basic. Open and shut. The Sanders campaign admitted to it. And the fact that you first denied it and then downplayed it is crazy. You can admit that it was wrong. It's okay. But not admitting that at all worries me, because I don't want people getting involved in politics who are okay with that sort of behavior.

They didn't break in, they went in after the door was inadvertently left open. This distinction is meaningful even if you want to quibble over whether both constitute "hacking".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JailTrump posted:

Augmented Technology could probably be used to paint over peoples faces you know.

As well as every party's voices and dialects and location of the crimes? Are eyewitness accounts or video footage of the suspect's appearance to be disbarred?

Ideally race would not be a factor in criminal trials, but eliminating that information from the judge and jury is just impossible.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
jesus i'm bored of this poo poo

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

neither kamala harris nor hillary clinton share that priority at all. So why do you love them so much that you have to defend their preference for slavery?

Because presidents don't reform prison systems? Congress and state legislatures do.

How about the fact that everyone was on board with prison reform even a lot of the gop until Trump and jeff loving sessions got elected.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

i never denied the "hacking" happened. i denied that it was the sanders campaign instead of one aid. and you still haven't provided a good reason why i should assume his campaign was behind it?

dunno why you think i should hold the sanders campaign responsible for an aid they punished asap when they found out what he did. if there were a pattern of sanders staffers hacking the dnc i'd be more inclined to believe you, but there were no other incidents!

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

JailTrump posted:

Because presidents don't reform prison systems? Congress and state legislatures do.

How about the fact that everyone was on board with prison reform even a lot of the gop until Trump and jeff loving sessions got elected.

the president literally can, and should, release all non violent drug offenders from federal prison

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Did she not threaten Obama with that and a torpedoing of the Iran deal after there was pressure to fire her for the 2014 election?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JailTrump posted:

uh, did you miss bill clinton pushing for reforms to sentencing that are largely responsible for the overpopulation of our prison system to this very day? you're a loving idiot

Condiv fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 2, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

We have the biggest prison population and the second highest incarceration rate in the world. How can Kamala Harris defenders even pretend that this is just a minor notch on her record? :psyduck:

And I'm not even talking about JailTrump here. I've seen countless liberals in the last 2 days trying to defend her in the same manner. By insinuating that prison reform is a not an important issue, and that nobody actually cares about it and they're just criticizing her because she isn't Bernie, etc.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

I'm not sold on Harris, but this isn't a bad read:

From Mother Jones

Condiv posted:

i never denied the "hacking" happened. i denied that it was the sanders campaign instead of one aid. and you still haven't provided a good reason why i should assume his campaign was behind it?

dunno why you think i should hold the sanders campaign responsible for an aid they punished asap when they found out what he did. if there were a pattern of sanders staffers hacking the dnc i'd be more inclined to believe you, but there were no other incidents!

Actually, upon review, it does look like multiple staffers accessed the data. And one of them was the National Data Director.

https://www.abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/documents-show-sanders-staffers-accessed-clinton-voter-data/story%3fid=35846799

The Sanders campaign did access the data, including senior staff. This is not one FO in Wyoming.

Democrazy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 2, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

Actually, upon review, it does look like multiple staffers accessed the data. And one of them was the National Data Director.

https://www.abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/documents-show-sanders-staffers-accessed-clinton-voter-data/story%3fid=35846799

The Sanders campaign did access the data, including senior staff. This is not one FO in Wyoming.

1) your link doesn't work
2) since when was uretsky senior staff? yeah, he had 3 people under him, but i wouldn't call him senior.
3) i thought you " met the person who did it." why are facts about this case surprising you?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I feel like Kamala Harris has to be the final nail in the coffin for the Democrats, right? How can the party survive if someone like her can seriously get a large amount of support from anyone who pretends like they're not a straight up Republican?

I can't reconcile this, she's a straight up monster. Like even if you wanna come at it from "trans people don't really matter, they're like .6% of the population and like 70% of other people think they're gross", how can you seriously try to say that the Democrats can be okay with someone who wants to jail parents of truant children? This isn't like Clinton's crimes against black people from the 90s, or even her indirect apathy toward them with regards to every economic and social issue that affect them indirectly like in 2016, this is a straight up "round up black people and make them slaves again" kinda thing. It's more blatant than I'd even expect from a Republican.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sneakster posted:

The majority of millennials reject capitalism, and an obscure senator went from 5% support to being the currently most popular politician with the strongest support from the people liberals keep trying to say has a problem with, rather than the crooks polling worse than a bumbling reality TV nazi cartoon.

This is from a while back, but I feel like this statistic is being heavily abused. It's kind of obvious that Bernie would have higher support among black people than white people, simply by virtue of the fact that the vast majority of black people are Democrats (or at least aren't Republican). Literally any Democratic politician would poll better among black voters than white voters for this reason.

The statistic is still effective at showing that, contrary to liberal dogma, Bernie is relatively liked (and certainly isn't disliked) by minority groups, but it's very misleading to cast it as some sort of "lol actually minorities support him much more than anyone else!" thing (since when people say that there's generally the assumption that they mean "among Democratic voters"). Support for Bernie among Democrats by black Americans seems to be more or less average (it's probably about the same as they support any Generic Democrat). Now, if you narrow things down to younger black voters it's a different story, since younger people of all races within the Democratic Party strongly support Sanders.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

2020 is going to be completely insane.

Presuming the Republicans don't steamroll 2018 and ban the Democrats with a Constitutional amendment, anyway.

I feel like not enough people are pointing out that state governments are already so lousy with conservatives that a constitutional convention is an actual thing that could happen in this lifetime of ours which has already seen so much weird poo poo, and that maybe the progressive candidates that pack stadiums with furiously energized civic participants will forestall this more effectively than.... whatever the gently caress we're calling this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmxiCi7l7y0

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Condiv posted:

uh, did you miss bill clinton pushing for reforms to sentencing that are largely responsible for the overpopulation of our prison system to this very day? you're a loving idiot

Hillary was so pleased with owning slaves that her husband wanted to give her an even larger pool to pick from!!!

Voting for Hillary was treason.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

jesus i'm bored of this poo poo

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

Condiv posted:

2) since when was uretsky senior staff? yeah, he had 3 people under him, but i wouldn't call him senior.
3) i thought you " met the person who did it." why are facts about this case surprising you?

I met Uretsky, the main person involved. He was National Data Director, which is traditionally considered a senior staff person. I was wrong about an aspect of the case, but considering how the facts are more damning, that's not quite good for you.

Again, this actually happened. You can either choose to accept them or not. I sincerely hope you reflect and actually decide that it's not right to hack into data.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

C. Everett Koop posted:

Hillary was so pleased with owning slaves that her husband wanted to give her an even larger pool to pick from!!!

Voting for Hillary was treason.

Jesus you people are insane.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Democrazy posted:

You can either choose to accept them or not. I sincerely hope you reflect and actually decide that it's not right to hack into data.

It's actually right fine and cool to access that data and you'd only disagree if you're a little baby who cares about decorum more than actually making the world a better place.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Specifically, I'm bored of "I support mincome, UHC, and prison reform, but do not support any actual person who would dare advocate such outside of internet forums for reasons that I refuse to explain when freely allowed to expound upon in material detail"

It's just very tedious and dull all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Condiv posted:

Goddamn this is not a good look. You're basically acting like the Bernie version of Hillary supporters who feel compelled to defend to the death any tiny criticism of her.

It was wrong. If you're holding Hillary responsible for the actions of all her staffers you look like a hypocrite for not doing the same for Bernie. It's okay to admit that no campaign is 100% perfect and above reproach in all ways.

NewForumSoftware posted:

It's actually right fine and cool to access that data and you'd only disagree if you're a little baby who cares about decorum more than actually making the world a better place.

:golfclap:

DeadlyMuffin fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 2, 2017

• Locked thread