Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
it's one of two shows (the other being better call saul) that i actually give a poo poo about.

or maybe you could consider it a miniseries since there's only eight episodes, but my point still stands. the length also makes it perfect for binge watching if you want to waste a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Okay, I know I said I didn't know what to expect, but this...is somehow even more surprising.

I thought it was gonna be some supernatural type of mystery deal where everything is turbo-loving-vague until some big reveal towards th end of the season.

But telekinesis, shady organizations with human experimentation gone awry, and legit assassination...in the first 30 mins of the season opener? Goddamn.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's a huge relief to watch something so straightforward. I feel like there's been some trend in entertainment to leave everything vague and open for interpretation in order to seem deeper or as a crutch for unimaginative writers.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 2, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, that's what I meant. There are cases where it's done really well and drives a show, like True Detective's first season, but so much other stuff is basically the producers screaming "BOY HOWDY, AREN'T YOU EXCITED TO BE KEPT IN THE DARK FOR FIFTEEN EPISODES AFTER THESE FEW TEASERS. BET YOU'LL LOVE THE CLIFFHANGER, OH MAN, WE'RE GETTING ALL THE EMMIES!" right through the screen.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
^^^I feel like that poo poo started with Lost but maybe just when I noticed it. X Files got a pass for the first few seasons before it dived into the stupid.

Stranger Things is good watching, I'm pretty hyped for 2.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 2, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

It's a huge relief to watch something so straightforward. I feel like there's been some trend in entertainment to leave everything vague and open for interpretation in order to seem deeper or as a crutch for unimaginative writers.

They leave poo poo open and loose like that because they never know when they're gonna get cancelled.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TBeats posted:

it's one of two shows (the other being better call saul) that i actually give a poo poo about.

or maybe you could consider it a miniseries since there's only eight episodes, but my point still stands. the length also makes it perfect for binge watching if you want to waste a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgS2L7WPIO4

I enjoyed not binge watching it, letting each episode sink in for a few days before the next one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, gently caress me, this is the show that creepy gif with the Christmas lights is from? Now I'm all kinds of intrigued.

Also digging the gooey-tentacle dimension portal with growling coming out of it. That's definitely not bad or anything, we should study it and whatnot, no need to burn it with fire.

Digging this show

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, yeah, we should definitely send a dude into that loving hole in reality

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, yeah, we should definitely send a dude into that loving hole in reality

It's the closest you're going to get to chuck tingle's bubbling masses of void crabs.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Found a nice brewery near my house but I got nobody to drink with and no loving uber. Sigh.
Slaughter County Brewery in Port Orchard is decent.
Someone come visit meeeee.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hire me, I'll buy the first round

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If I lived closer I'd get a beer with you

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Which one of you fuckers works for OAF?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

:stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My girlfriend is at Wacken Metal Festival, and I just found out what she was hiding from me in some childish fashion since she opened a package while we were skyping five weeks ago.

It's a loving bikini with all classic Nintendo characters. She is such a turbonerd, Jesus Christ

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

No way that is a coincidence.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, on the last episode of Stranger Things, this was quite a drat binge.

/edit

Now I'm bummed this wild ride is already over, and curious on how they conclude this season

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i want one

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

https://teeherivar.com/product/goon-just-here-for-the-violence

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bought one.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

This owns. I just bought one, from the OAF website not some weird teespring shop.

Also saw this on OAF.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 2, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone here every fly on Aer Lingus international?

My girlfriend and I are looking at flying out to Edinburgh for New Years and their flights are pretty cheap right now.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anyone here every fly on Aer Lingus international?

My girlfriend and I are looking at flying out to Edinburgh for New Years and their flights are pretty cheap right now.

At first glance I thought that was the name of some kinky poo poo.

I mean, it could be :q:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
As do I, but I also don't want to give the dipshits at OAF any money.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I guess I'm not really familiar, but who are the guys at OAF? I tried reading the About section on their website and it is beyond god awful

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

changed my mind

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/mens-t-shirts

i don't want one and these guys are retards and i hate this especially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrugYB7dPOA

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
lol Christ what dipshit wrote their About page?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

seriously they don't get that we say this ironically, not literally

yeah i'm just here for the VIOLENCE i'm totally HARDCORE

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Cut my own hair. Found like a million grays in the pile on the floor.

gently caress :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

changed my mind

https://shop.oafnation.com/collections/mens-t-shirts

i don't want one and these guys are retards and i hate this especially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrugYB7dPOA

Holy poo poo, this is the dumbest thing I've seen all week.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Reminder that veterans are the loving worst.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cowboy elvis posted:

Reminder that people who constantly bring up that they are veterans are the loving worst.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Dammit I would wear a few of those shirts. The "Say no more fam" with the gustav and the "DILLON YOU SON OF A BITCH" I would wear

but not from these shitbirds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I had a conversation with someone the other day who constantly sends me poo poo related to me being a veteran. I told her "I was in the military for five years. There's 24 other years to my life and I hate that people focus mainly on a relatively small portion of it."

The only time I bring up that I'm a veteran to anyone is if it's 100% relevant to the situation (like getting advice for a resume or some poo poo). 99 times out of 100 of someone knows I'm a veteran it's because someone else told them.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm spending the weekend at a cottage in central Ontario with the former commander of a UN peacekeeping mission in Africa and his son, who served as an infantry officer in Afghanistan and caught some sort of horrible infection and nearly died on the flight to Ramstein.

I'm very un-moto about my time in but I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep from nerding out a little bit and asking too many questions.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There's some dick head in my math class that wears that oaf nation garbage. He's got marine stuff on his TOTALLY MILITARY BACKPACK and wears a dumb military theme cap everywhere.

Rumor is he's failing badly but stays in class to try and bang the 16 year old high school student who's busy not being a piece of poo poo and getting college credits before she finishes high school.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Was he even in? 50/50 odds IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Was he even in? 50/50 odds IMO.
Washed out a few weeks in but loves his Marine BROTHERS soooooo much. Once a Marine, always a rapist of Okinawans, amirite?

• Locked thread