Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Awesome! posted:

oh my god i just discovered the angry chicken speed farming variation for the helltooth witch doctor. so much fun and completely fixes my main problem with the build which was poor clear speed on easier content (bounties, normal rifts, 55ish grifts) due to no movement skill.

i am somehow missing a set of nemesis bracers though so if anyone wants to hit me up with one of those i would appreciate it. psn is super_aggro_crag

im back to non-seasonal play now since chapter 5 has set dungeon completion and no thank you

If your seasonal was a WD the helltooth set dungeon is crazy easy to cheese

and you can just look up what the other chapters are to complete them and rank up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Are you supposed to get anything for finishing your set dungeon?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

If your seasonal was a WD the helltooth set dungeon is crazy easy to cheese
nah i went dh. not a big deal though, i dont think i care about tiny changes to the portrait color for doing the rest of the challenges.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

dentist toy box posted:

Are you supposed to get anything for finishing your set dungeon?

You get emblems and such but the only real reward comes from finishing all the set dungeons so you get a set of neon green angel0ic ribbon wings.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I do the chapter 1-4 in seasonal with one character, can I then create another seasonal character and then just accept all the seasonal rewards for that class?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you only get the rewards once

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

VideoGames posted:

If I do the chapter 1-4 in seasonal with one character, can I then create another seasonal character and then just accept all the seasonal rewards for that class?

The rewards can be Claimed only once, but you can earn them on one character and Claim them on another!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The rewards can be Claimed only once, but you can earn them on one character and Claim them on another!

This is what I was hoping! I've nearly done chapter 2 with a necromancer, but I saw the rewards you get for Monk and it looks awesome, but don't want to level 1-70 again with them :D

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VideoGames posted:

This is what I was hoping! I've nearly done chapter 2 with a necromancer, but I saw the rewards you get for Monk and it looks awesome, but don't want to level 1-70 again with them :D

Funny you quoted chris here

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Someone add me! Alone on Xbox having a blast with my first season. Anyone wanting to do anything torment 10+ get at ya boy.

GT:AmateurSabot3ur

Would help dudes with levels also.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Someone add me! Alone on Xbox having a blast with my first season. Anyone wanting to do anything torment 10+ get at ya boy.

GT:AmateurSabot3ur

Would help dudes with levels also.

I'm on usually later in the evening and nights. GT: uberingram
currently farming T13/GR70 because I'm at a gear brick wall

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
Friendly Reminder that post #2 is a list of all the players who have put their PSN/XBLIDs in the thread. There's a good number of both, so you should be able to find someone...

Also if you see me online (PSN: Cadavrs4algernon), hit me up. I'm more than willing to get off my FFXII game and help out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I was out of the game for a while before the Necromancer, how do you get pets? (cosmetic ones)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I was out of the game for a while before the Necromancer, how do you get pets? (cosmetic ones)

They're drops from specific achievements and certain mobs like menagerist goblins. I think you get a mini golem pet just for buying the Necro pack. You can adjust them per character at the little mirror stand near the Mystic.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you also get a dragon for doing the first 4 chapters of the season stuff

no clue what mirror stand you are talking about. i always change cosmetic poo poo from the inventory menu

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Awesome! posted:

you also get a dragon for doing the first 4 chapters of the season stuff

no clue what mirror stand you are talking about. i always change cosmetic poo poo from the inventory menu

Yeah, is the mirror a pc thing?

I just got the little zombie girl after watching a youtube video, looking forward to others.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I just got the little zombie girl after watching a youtube video, looking forward to others.

Wait, what?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's a cosmetic pet in the first world. I'm not sure if there are other cosmetic pets I can directly farm for.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there a single build in this game that doesnt want to stack crit/crit dmg?

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

There are two archetypes that don't stack crit/crit damage

1: Thorns builds. Thorns can't crit, so those stats do nothing for the build. Crusader is the main user of this stat, with the Invoker set and Legacy of Nightmares bombard (AKA Ponysader) being the mainstays.

2. Support/ZDPS builds. The idea behind these builds is you sacrifice all your damage potential to enable your team mates through some combination of buffing defense, increasing group damage, and creating density by pulling mobs into huge murder fests. Monk and Barbarian are the supports of choice at this moment, but every class can manage a support build of varying effectiveness.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Awesome! posted:

Thorns Crusader (thorns doesn't crit)

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

I just picked this up on PS4 after playing on PC since launch and I'm starting from scratch. Please add me to the list of players:

PSN: mentalcontempt

Would like to group up for seasonal stuff.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Awesome! posted:

Time ago I made a tanky monk built around cyclone to gather enemies around me letting others deal the dps. It's drat fun and you can do the same with a barbarian (with taunt aswell).

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Haven't played in what seems like forever, is Blessed Hammer still the go to for Crusaders?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Please add my PSN (geektox) on there as well, thanks!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BattleTech posted:

Haven't played in what seems like forever, is Blessed Hammer still the go to for Crusaders?

At least yesterday, the challenge rift was a Blessed Hammer crusader so I guess it is still good.

For this season on console I wanted to recreate my beloved D3 PC witch doctor but being unlucky with drops like Tiklandian Visage and Rhen'ho flayer for fear/toad combo made me get bored quickly so I guess I'll make another char.

Made a necro right before the season and is drat fun but I always had a soft spot for barbarian and monk.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Aw poo poo

Last season you could claim haedrig's gift in hardcore and regular but this time it only works once

Gonna be a hassle to do the HC conquests :-/

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Last season, I used a demon hunter. This season, I'm running a barbarian and it is crazy how different they are while both still being very fun. Rends DoT is just bananas.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I still remember Rend at launch wich was beyond useless. Now is a drat fun hability.

This season I'm running a necro after getting bored of the WD and is drat fun to make the whole screen a big explosion of guts.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
So I see there is a new update on the test server and all that.

How long does it usually take for the update to hit live rollout? Really interested in the buffed Uliana for Monk.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Black_Oni 165 posted:

So I see there is a new update on the test server and all that.

How long does it usually take for the update to hit live rollout? Really interested in the buffed Uliana for Monk.

They aren't going to roll out balance changes mid season

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Pretty pumped to give this a go for the first time on console as my first PS4 game, but I'm having trouble figuring out some details of co-op. I'm getting my friend to log into a local account on the PS4, and create a PSN account as well so we can participate in seasons, but what I can't seem to find is whether we will both get to claim Haedrig's Gifts/Seasonal Journey stuff individually. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Also, coming from PC, this feels really great except for ranged targeted skills like meteor/dash/falling sword etc. Any tips for those? I mean I'm perfectly happy just playing builds that don't include them but are these nice tricks for it?

e: One more question - are there any specs that can keep up with a dashing monk?

hampig fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 27, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

hampig posted:

Pretty pumped to give this a go for the first time on console as my first PS4 game, but I'm having trouble figuring out some details of co-op. I'm getting my friend to log into a local account on the PS4, and create a PSN account as well so we can participate in seasons, but what I can't seem to find is whether we will both get to claim Haedrig's Gifts/Seasonal Journey stuff individually. Anyone able to shed some light on this?
Pretty sure its account bound so you should be fine.

hampig posted:

Also, coming from PC, this feels really great except for ranged targeted skills like meteor/dash/falling sword etc. Any tips for those? I mean I'm perfectly happy just playing builds that don't include them but are these nice tricks for it?

Not really. You get used to it and mitigate it with movement. eg reposition yourself so the only mob in the direction you're tilting the thumbstick will be targeted. Those skills are still extremely good but you have to treat them like line of sight abilities.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

At first when they released Diablo 3 on consoles I thought that It wouldn't work but when I got it on my 360 I loved how it feels much better than having to click for movement then click to aim an attack. The gamepad makes melee characters more fun and hell, even DH's, a class that I didn't like on PC at all, now feels great because you're basically playing a Housemarque twin stick shooter.

Basically switched from PC to PS4 as soon as I knew they were releasing the necro.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I was pretty much done with D3 shortly after they released the Necro and my wife and I each got one to 70. Then the season started, and holy poo poo I'm way back into it. Cleared the first 5 steps and will probably tap out there, because the rest of the season stuff seems super grindy.

Someone give me suggestions for a fun WD build. My wizard is clearing 50ish grifts solo, but my wife's WD has stalled out and she seems to find the thing boring. Right now she's mostly just using pets I think.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Looking at the Seasonal leader-board, can anyone tell me or show me a video of the Witch Doctor build everyone in the top list is using? With the seasonal set, I've been doing OK up to GR50 by letting my pets melt all the enemies, but after that the pet AI can't handle the leaping and teleporting enemies who tend to whoop me good. On top of that, the enemies who can revive others. It's hard to direct them and I just don't do enough to get past GR50 (and I only did so with 30 seconds left). On top of that, my pets tend to get in the way of my friends' characters, who are melee.

Are the Crusader builds in the Crusade thread still viable too? I never tried that class and want to give it a go. Finally, did they remove the feature where if your friend gets a Legendary, they can send you a duplicate of it in the mail? Playing in Rifts where you're showered by the things, I can see why they removed it, if they indeed did.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Jimbot posted:

Looking at the Seasonal leader-board, can anyone tell me or show me a video of the Witch Doctor build everyone in the top list is using? With the seasonal set, I've been doing OK up to GR50 by letting my pets melt all the enemies, but after that the pet AI can't handle the leaping and teleporting enemies who tend to whoop me good. On top of that, the enemies who can revive others. It's hard to direct them and I just don't do enough to get past GR50 (and I only did so with 30 seconds left). On top of that, my pets tend to get in the way of my friends' characters, who are melee.

Are the Crusader builds in the Crusade thread still viable too? I never tried that class and want to give it a go. Finally, did they remove the feature where if your friend gets a Legendary, they can send you a duplicate of it in the mail? Playing in Rifts where you're showered by the things, I can see why they removed it, if they indeed did.

Not sure about top leader board but I know was able to get Zuni up to GR 70 since that is what I unlocked primals with.

Can't remember everything off hand but I can remember it involved a lot of fetish abuse. On my phone atm otherwise I'd check what the items are

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Any of you fuckin' fucks play on the Xbox One? We've got a solid group of 6 or so fellas that are playing this season.

J O I N

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Any of you fuckin' fucks play on the Xbox One? We've got a solid group of 6 or so fellas that are playing this season.

J O I N

no u

seriously though. get on you piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I picked this up for me and my brother to play over Christmas break, but I'm starting to worry that it's too easy. We're just about through act 1, playing on the hardest difficulty available, and neither of us have died yet.

When does D3 get interesting?