Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The fact that there is no more Unstoppable Wasp coming is a goddamned crime and all of you who didn't read it should feel bad. :(

yea wasp was fantastic. I'll miss it but at least I can just leave it like this and pretend they do well afterwards instead of the comic thing of everything falling to pieces every time someone puts something good together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Blockhouse posted:

so uh this week's issue of Avengers sure did go places and by places I mean rape

virus controlled Vision and Cthon-posessed Wanda gently caress in the back of the Quinjet and then evil wanda makes a consent joke about it afterwards

what the everloving christ waid

My policy of running screaming from any book that even vaguely involves itself with Secret Empire continues to work in my favor.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

glitchwraith posted:

Between Spider-Man and the current arc of Jessica Jones, it seems like Bendis would really rather be writing a SHEILD book.

I only read it on Marvel Unlimited, but this would go for Tony and his stupid arc in International IM. I'm fine with him being adopted, even if it doesn't really make sense, but this is some of the most boring, slow moving comic I've ever read. Wow, I always wanted to be backstage at a concert! What shocking adventure is awaiting me next week!?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Blockhouse posted:

so uh this week's issue of Avengers sure did go places and by places I mean rape

virus controlled Vision and Cthon-posessed Wanda gently caress in the back of the Quinjet and then evil wanda makes a consent joke about it afterwards

what the everloving christ waid

Is this some kind of double-ended rape
some kind of mobius strip of rape

Seriously why do they put this out? Does nobody look at these books and go "...I don't think this is the kind of content we wish to be associated with" or do they think that because it's "THEY'RE BAD AND DOING BAD THING" that nobody will bat an eye at it? We KNOW they have editors, if not actually how much control they have over stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just chiming in to say that Goldballs is indeed awesome.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With the talk in this week's issue of Spider-Man, I'm almost wondering if they're toying with the idea of Miles not being Spider-Man anymore. Maybe a name change, I dunno.

No longer being Spider-Man would in fact kill the character, though. Bendis has done such a disservice to his own character that I do not think you would see Miles again if he stopped being called Spider-Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roth posted:

Oh Good, because I read the first issue and I felt like I was about to cry from how bored I was by it.

The only thing that got skipped that was covered in SW2 was that the Phoenix recreated the New Mutants after the Beyonder killed them all.

Complete with all their memories of being horribly murdered then being recreated from nothing.

loving Secret Wars.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I feel like I need to chime in, that I don't actually hate Goldballs, I kind of like him in the way I like, say, Speedball, i just don't want the better part of a book titled "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN" to be them literally treating Goldballs like poochy and asking what he's up to since he's not on screen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they aren't doing that tho?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Shinjobi posted:

With the talk in this week's issue of Spider-Man, I'm almost wondering if they're toying with the idea of Miles not being Spider-Man anymore. Maybe a name change, I dunno.

No longer being Spider-Man would in fact kill the character, though. Bendis has done such a disservice to his own character that I do not think you would see Miles again if he stopped being called Spider-Man.

Well, Phil Lord and Chris Miller are doing an animated Miles Morales movie next year, so I doubt there's a permanent name change coming.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

"Arachnid Kid", Google it if u think I'm joking

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I swear I used to like Miles Morales, but somewhere between having him join Shield and the whole Double Galactus storyline, and Ultimate Peter Parker coming back to life and his dad becoming the sole focus of the book, I lost all interest in the character.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Autism Sneaks posted:

Yeah, this would be the end of it for me.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At this point i'm wanting Bendis off of Miles' book more than i've ever wanted Slott off of Amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah Miles started super strong but then his supporting cast took over the book and All New All Different Ultimates was loving garbage and I just find it harder and harder to keep up with his book.

He was awesome in Secret Wars Hickman needs to come back and write a Spidey/Torch book with Miles in the mix somewhere.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when I look back at miles' stuff even before ultimate peter came back, I can't help but think I liked the idea of him more than the execution. I can't think of any real standout miles stories in ultimate spider-man and post secret wars has not been kind to him

miles will never top the pocket hamburger

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I mean, the pocket hamburger is a pretty high mountain to top.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel like Saladin Ahmed walked into Marvel's offices several months back with a lunatic pitch to turn Black Bolt and Absorbing Man into one of the greatest buddy teams of the last decade and everyone at Marvel was so perplexed by the outright ridiculousness of that as a pitch that they had no other choice than to give him a book all while thinking there was no way it could be pulled off. And now four issues later here we are in a world where Crusher and Wishbone is something I never ever want to lose.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think Bendis is stretching himself too thin.

On another note I wish some writer would do something cool with Luke Cage. It's cool he's getting back in the limelight but he hasn't had a cool moment since when he led the Thunderbolts.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Autism Sneaks posted:

That's real bad. poo poo, even "Kid Arachnid" is better than "Arachnid Kid".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cabbit posted:

That's real bad. poo poo, even "Kid Arachnid" is better than "Arachnid Kid".

If he's talking about the cartoon that just ended, that's what Miles was in the cartoon. Kid Arachnid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gaunab posted:

People have been saying this for the last decade. Then other people come in and say "but Alias was good!" Or he writes another good book like dark avengers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Defenders is good. So are the Iron Man books.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm enjoying Jessica Jones, though it's definitely a story you're better off reading in a collected format.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I feel like Saladin Ahmed walked into Marvel's offices several months back with a lunatic pitch to turn Black Bolt and Absorbing Man into one of the greatest buddy teams of the last decade and everyone at Marvel was so perplexed by the outright ridiculousness of that as a pitch that they had no other choice than to give him a book all while thinking there was no way it could be pulled off. And now four issues later here we are in a world where Crusher and Wishbone is something I never ever want to lose.

Well now you've done it. It'll be canceled tomorrow.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

This issue was *so* good. Just the humanizing that went into Crusher was amazing. There has been no learning curve for this writer, either. If Ahmed stays on to write more comics, I'm on board, he's a name to watch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gaunab posted:

On another note I wish some writer would do something cool with Luke Cage. It's cool he's getting back in the limelight but he hasn't had a cool moment since when he led the Thunderbolts.

I think it's more he has no idea what to do with Miles, but wont admit it.

He had the same issue with Peter and thought creating Miles would fix it, but it didnt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't know why he didn't just continue to have Miles try to find his place in the world and have him face spider-man villains new and old instead of veering into shield nonsense.

Like, it's a Spider-man book. Tell Spider-man stories.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

howe_sam posted:

I mean, the pocket hamburger is a pretty high mountain to top.

There was logical issues with the hamburger though. Where does one store a hamburger in skintight spandex?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Onmi posted:

There was logical issues with the hamburger though. Where does one store a hamburger in skintight spandex?

In a pocket, obviously. That's why it's a pocket hamburger.

Just say "unstable molecules" and try not to think about it too much, dude.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Just say "unstable molecules"

Miles' costume doesn't have those.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Miles' costume doesn't have those.

No. It has pockets.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nevvy Z posted:

No. It has pockets.

If it had pockets, there'd be a bulge. A man has his breaking points!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Miles was feeling insecure in his spandex, so he stuffed with a hamburger.

The upside to this is he has a hamburger for later, as he is a growing boy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

X-O posted:

Chip Zdarsky is a great man.

Please tell me this is an actual Variant cover.

Roth posted:

Is New Mutants really as difficult to understand without Secret Wars 2 as this read order is making it seem?
The SW II issues are a bit weird, because there are a couple of them, then a break of a few issues, then one or two more SW II "tie-ins". It's all pretty much explained in Editors notes though, basically all the New Mutants (except Dani or Magma I think? I forget) were killed by the Beyonder, then brought back to life. Since they remembered all this, they were somewhat catatonic, so there were a few issues dealing with that.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 3, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Please tell me this is an actual Variant cover.

It is. He's doing a whole bunch of them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Miles was feeling insecure in his spandex, so he stuffed with a hamburger.

The upside to this is he has a hamburger for later, as he is a growing boy.

so he gave Reece a burger that was rolling around by his groin since at least the end of the ultimate universe.

Reece ate a burger covered in spider-ball sweat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
You take what you can get after the end of the world.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It is a deep scar in the entire Marvel franchise that Miles Morales was not keeping a fruit pie in his pants and not a hamburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Molecule Man could easily turn crotch sweat into mustard or BBQ sauce or something.

NOT KETCHUP.

• Locked thread