Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'd wear the CoE.

e:nm

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hobold posted:

Maybe I'll get an answer this time?

Suggestions on which I should throw in the cube, vs which I should use? Roll life off Unity for Socket? Is the Elite worth more then Crit Dmg?

Holy gently caress you should be wearing that convention of elements my dude

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Possible extremely stupid question:

In a LoN setup, do the rings themselves give you the 100%dmg/4%toughness bonuses if they are ancient? I got a Wailing host that's socketed, 7%IAS and 6%crit chance natively, but if I can't get the bonus it's not worth rolling to 50% crit chance.

It seems like the rings themselves should be exempt from the bonus because otherwise why even have non-ancient ones, but whatever.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The rings themselves count as well.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Holy gently caress you should be wearing that convention of elements my dude

Thats what I figured, thanks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MMAgCh posted:

The rings themselves count as well.

:negative:

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I wouldn't mind some advice, as this is my first season ever, and I did most of my playing before greater rifts existed.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I have yet to find In-Goem, but everything else is from the recommended build. What would be the next best thing to work on upgrading? I find that I can do solo 60 rifts with a bunch of time to spare, but I always die a few times.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I PM'd this to DrSeRRoD, but I'd appreciate any advice that anyone is willing to give.

My end goal is just finishing Conqueror for the stash tab.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Weeble-11477/hero/92420064

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Volkov-1727/hero/75856250

I think I hit my wall. Finished Slayer, but can't seem to nail down mastering the Raiment set dungeon. If I could swing that, and a challenge, I'll jump to Conqueror.

Then another challenge and a bit of grinding, and I could have my 2nd season stash tab.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hobold posted:

Thats what I figured, thanks.

You have brought me luck my friend, I just had this drop

3.0% cooldown from a primal but I could not really care less :allears:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Nice. I'm still thinking about pushing up to 70 to unlock those. Have to take a break for a day or so after beating my head against the Raiment dungeon.

Stupid drat succubi things point blank me with a shot and bam, dungeon failed. :negative:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Set dungeons are crap, just Google the one for your class that's cheeseable and be done with them

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol of course you play on a ps4

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Set dungeons are crap, just Google the one for your class that's cheeseable and be done with them

Raiment is stupid easy. Murder everything and touch the golden box. Oh, don't get hit by succubi. Feel like with a 2nd person, I'd just loving glide through the thing. Just like I did back in S6.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

I'm trying to do a set dungeon for the first time. Tal Rasha's set. I've spent 2 hours utterly failing because you can't miss killing a single enemy, and the rock worms have a ridiculously large melee range. gently caress this. I want my goddamn stash tabs.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Welcome to the "gently caress Set Dungeons" club. Population: Everyone.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The TR dungeon was pretty easy with the Tal/Vyr archon build. :v: Honestly I had more issue making sure I had enough kills during the 4-stack window more than anything.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The TR dungeon worms really feel like they're bugged somehow. There are times when they seem to emerge immediately from the ground after moving into range, and times when they take a few moments to pop up as that monster type is supposed to. It's weird.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hobold posted:

Welcome to the "gently caress Set Dungeons" club. Population: Everyone.
I don't mind the idea of set dungeons, and I guess it's good to have the gimmicky things in the game. But they're not... good content? There's a huge spread of difficulty between different sets and they vary from tedious at best to bullshit at worst. There's no reason to replay them once you master them, the requirements are so bizarre that they don't teach you anything about how to actually play or gear a set, and you often have to specifically gear yourself to master them. I did Rathma's earlier for the season journey, and it took a good half dozen tries... not because it was hard but because it was too easy, and I would up progressively reducing my weapon level, adding Revive to my skill bar, and going out of my way to stop summoning mages to give enough time for the pets to get 500 seconds of cooldown reduction. :ughh:

I'm firmly convinced they're the pet project of someone on the dev staff. It's the only reason they keep shoving them into the season journey requirements, and even the people who like them probably burned out on the idea a year ago.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Got to be honest, I'm tired of the redundant grind. Yeah yeah yeah, Diablo is about replacing your loot over extremely long periods of time to get stronger and whatever other sperglord poo poo people believe, but really I play it to kill a metric gently caress-ton of demons with my friends.

I've grown extremely disillusioned with the item systems design (everything boils down to 3 or 4 sets to choose from), I don't care for super powerful moves with long rear end cooldowns (I'm here to play Diablo not Wow), and good gods I've never gotten over how bad the story is.

I've been playing since the beta, I've seen it all. Sure I still have fun from time to time, but God drat. No wonder I take breaks that span multiple seasons, doing the same poo poo over and over sucks rear end. Bounties? Sure, I'll run the exact same loving map over and over again for the chance to reroll an item a few times over the next 20 seconds. Greater rifts? Let me just fish over and over again for something I can survive! I swear, if it wasn't for normal rifting I would have quit a long time ago. The only good thing about seasons is that first instance where you start fresh. After that though it's just the same loving repeat every season. The same achievements, the same items, usually the same builds, the same maps, the same paragon grind you've done a thousand times before... except now you can't even take advantage of your non season paragon levels.

Anywho, can anyone recommend other Diablo clones/killers out there besides Path of Exile & Grim Dawn?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Less than two hours total play time and I've already cleared gr60 on my barb thanks to might of the Earth and an ancient 4.2k damage blade of the tribes :allears:
Having a stockpile of mats to kit out new characters owns.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Asimo posted:

I don't mind the idea of set dungeons, and I guess it's good to have the gimmicky things in the game. But they're not... good content? There's a huge spread of difficulty between different sets and they vary from tedious at best to bullshit at worst. There's no reason to replay them once you master them, the requirements are so bizarre that they don't teach you anything about how to actually play or gear a set, and you often have to specifically gear yourself to master them. I did Rathma's earlier for the season journey, and it took a good half dozen tries... not because it was hard but because it was too easy, and I would up progressively reducing my weapon level, adding Revive to my skill bar, and going out of my way to stop summoning mages to give enough time for the pets to get 500 seconds of cooldown reduction. :ughh:

I'm firmly convinced they're the pet project of someone on the dev staff. It's the only reason they keep shoving them into the season journey requirements, and even the people who like them probably burned out on the idea a year ago.

For the rathma one every guide recommends to just use two specific items. Some obsidian ring and that sword that reduces cooldowns when you kill elites and just go to town.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I didn't have an in-geom handy. :v: But yeah. Honestly it was the easiest set dungeon I've mastered so far, but it was just a good example of how the expected playstyle for them is completely unrelated to the actual playstyle of the class or, like, the entire rest of the game in general.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Floppychop posted:

I PM'd this to DrSeRRoD, but I'd appreciate any advice that anyone is willing to give.

My end goal is just finishing Conqueror for the stash tab.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Weeble-11477/hero/92420064

Oh boy, here goes:

-weapon isn't ancient. Reforge it or upgrade rares until you get another one to reforge while you do everything else on this list.
-reroll offhand piranhas dmg to something useful like garg dmg. You want garg damage on everything that can roll it, basically.
-why did you reroll the secondary on your ancient pants when you could have rolled off life regen? :negative:
-Have you rerolled your rings? Roll off the armor or resist all for crit chance/dmg
-Roll cold damage on your bracers (life regen is not a very useful stat in general)
-roll off wall of death damage on your chest. The gargs are what's doing your damage. Take something more useful like garg damage.
-Roll off armor on your gloves for crit
-Roll off WoD on your shoulders for garg damage
-reforge your helm for int/vit/crit/socket and hope for higher pet dmg%
-If you haven't rolled that amulet, roll off int for cold dmg or area damage

You have potential to be doing a LOT more damage with those rerolls.

Really, just this page tells you what to roll for with that build if I'm not being specific enough.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/helltooth-gargantuan-witch-doctor-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rayjenkins posted:

lol of course you play on a ps4

Nope

:ssh: diablo 3 is best on a console, which isn't surprising considering who was responsible for making the game not poo poo

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Dr Strangepants posted:

I wouldn't mind some advice, as this is my first season ever, and I did most of my playing before greater rifts existed.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Strangepants-1244/hero/92185269

I have yet to find In-Goem, but everything else is from the recommended build. What would be the next best thing to work on upgrading? I find that I can do solo 60 rifts with a bunch of time to spare, but I always die a few times.

What greater rift level should I be doing with this gear? I can kill elites in under 4 seconds now, but is it normal to die on GRs, or is that to be avoided? Is grifting better than rifting for farming items, or is it mainly for gem leveling?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr Strangepants posted:

What greater rift level should I be doing with this gear? I can kill elites in under 4 seconds now, but is it normal to die on GRs, or is that to be avoided? Is grifting better than rifting for farming items, or is it mainly for gem leveling?

I think you need to take a look at the recommended build again because you're missing the one skill that it all revolves around (archon).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
High level grifts own for getting phat lewtz at the end but there's a time factor if you're taking 15 minutes to slog through.

Really bouncing back and forth between grifts and rifts is probably your best bet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"ancient" is not typically a quality you want in a burger

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

DrSeRRoD posted:

I think you need to take a look at the recommended build again because you're missing the one skill that it all revolves around (archon).

Haha, whoops, I had changed things around from trying to do a set dungeon and I must have messed up the skills when I went back! That would have been an awkward GR.

Dr Strangepants fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 3, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Dr Strangepants posted:

Haha, whoops, I had changed things around from trying to do a set dungeon and I must have messed up the skills!

Ah, that explains it. I'd bet you just need less time out of Archon with in-geom, or an alternative to keep you safe with Aether Walker, to not die and make sure you're constantly teleporting and keeping things far away, not in melee range. This build is all about "just the tip" so that you're doing the max damage from starfire, zei's, and power hungry by staying as far as possible while still melting stuff. With a few better rolls (like CHD on your gloves, CDR on your weapon, and some gem levels, it will make life easier. Also, all topaz. You could definitely wipe GR70 without much effort I would bet.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 3, 2017

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Anywho, can anyone recommend other Diablo clones/killers out there besides Path of Exile & Grim Dawn?

This might be forbidden to mention here, but PoE has a huge expansion coming out literally tomorrow.

I also hear good things about The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (yes, I know the title is dumb).

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

DrSeRRoD posted:

Ah, that explains it. I'd bet you just need less time out of Archon with in-geom, or an alternative to keep you safe with Aether Walker, to not die and make sure you're constantly teleporting and keeping things far away, not in melee range. This build is all about "just the tip" so that you're doing the max damage from starfire, zei's, and power hungry by staying as far as possible while still melting stuff. With a few better rolls (like CHD on your gloves, CDR on your weapon, and some gem levels, it will make life easier. Also, all topaz. You could definitely wipe GR70 without much effort I would bet.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I think I was getting a bit aggressive with offensive teleporting. I just realized last night that you don't need to damage an enemy with an element to proc the Tal'Rasha damage bonus, just cast it. That will definitely change my play-style... I was teleporting right into mobs to get all my elementals to hit before going Archon. I might switch to Aether Walker for now for safety, change out my gems, and start gambling for the suggested rolls. In-Geom is a pain in my rear end; I'm cubing for it.

I can roll away the weapon socket into CDR once I find whatever that legendary thing is that lets you add sockets.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

You're welcome. Aether will be much better than Furnace for you in the cube, especially since Furnace doesn't work with your main damage (Manald Heal procs). Checkout some streamers or vids and you'll see the playstyle is basically zipping around everywhere, finding a big pack, just-the-tip them, wait for MH proc, loot orbs and move on (or just melting huge groups of mobs since it can clear trash well, unlike trag necro). If you're still having issues with survivability, drop nems for the bracers that give you double shielding from magic weapon deflection.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 3, 2017

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

f#a# posted:

This might be forbidden to mention here, but PoE has a huge expansion coming out literally tomorrow.

I also hear good things about The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (yes, I know the title is dumb).

The Van Helsing game is fun for a play through. Definitely get it when on sale. Doesn't have the replayability of Diablo though.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
With the Jesseth set, if you use Command Skeletons, the skill gets a glowy gold border. I noticed that after they kill the initial target, the skill doesn't get the gold border anymore. I still see the skeletons jumping around though (I think). At that point, is the Jesseth set bonus still in effect?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

High Lord Elbow posted:

The Van Helsing game is fun for a play through. Definitely get it when on sale. Doesn't have the replayability of Diablo though.

I've tried PoE, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Torchlight 1 and 2 and nothing quite scratched the Diablo itch like Diablo for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

f#a# posted:

I love Path of Exile but it just doesn't have the replayability for me that Diablo 3 does. What sells D3 for me is the ability to set the difficulty however you like and how simple it is to run random dungeons. I don't see myself stopping Diablo 3 for good anytime soon. This is a game I have played nearly every single day with very few breaks in between.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I can clear GR80 in about 7 minutes, but I'm hitting a wall after GR84 with Impale DH. I know DH is one of the worse classes for solo pushing this season, but I wanted to play something I didn't have geared out in non season and I'm still about 10 levels behind the top of the leaderboard. My gear is nearly fully optimized except for Endless Walk and headpiece.

Is this a "git gud" situation or maybe a "git more paragon" situation? Where else can I improve?

Here's my current setup: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dross-1711/hero/92699589

Edit: A better dagger is on the list, I need a higher damage roll and probably attack speed over area damage. Also am I better off ignoring trash and killing elite packs or clearing?

Dross fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dross posted:

I can clear GR80 in about 7 minutes, but I'm hitting a wall after GR84 with Impale DH. I know DH is one of the worse classes for solo pushing this season, but I wanted to play something I didn't have geared out in non season and I'm still about 10 levels behind the top of the leaderboard. My gear is nearly fully optimized except for Endless Walk and headpiece.

Is this a "git gud" situation or maybe a "git more paragon" situation? Where else can I improve?

Here's my current setup: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dross-1711/hero/92699589

Edit: A better dagger is on the list, I need a higher damage roll and probably attack speed over area damage. Also am I better off ignoring trash and killing elite packs or clearing?

What are you talking about? it's currently near the top and it's the best DH class for sure. I'll look at your poo poo soon, I've cleared 90 and I jussssst missed a 91 today.

In terms of playing it, you definitely should be elite hunting, and you should be avoiding nasty affixes like waller+arcane. It also doesn't really play nice with ranged mobs and tanky mobs. But if you can sync and occulus/convention proc on some trash you'll shred them, so use this to keep your glory globe supply up.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 3, 2017