Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yashar Ali sucks really hard

when someone accuses bernie tweeters of being unreasonable:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"I mean, sure, I'm wrong, but there are a lot of you, be nice to me :("

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

btw hot take Bernie is Moses but we need a Joshua cause Bernie old

agreed, we need to T.R. this poo poo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

keith!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

don't vote for democrats simply because they're democrats.

as a matter of fact, don't vote for people who didn't earn your vote.

kudos to you dude for trying to fix things but this party is loving dead as hell

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

holy lol

that's a delicious self-own

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zegermans posted:

trump is lot because he fucks his daughters

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

kudos to you dude for trying to fix things but this party is loving dead as hell

you're not wrong.

edit: if I can manage to scrape out one or two wins where none would be expected, i would hope that would prove my bonafides for when the bottom falls out.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Aug 3, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

so a mob majority outweighs your privileged opinion via democratic action? :yikes:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you kno i've never thought of this but its funny that the allegory of sodom and gommorah ends with father-daughter incest

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

When your pitch is We'll Make Good on The Promises The Other Guys Made, it is really, really, really important to front your party with people who have public's trust, not career political machine operators with no charisma and no way to convince the nation of the sincerity of their commitments.
uh it's much worse than that. these people fronting these policies are the very ones responsible for the problems they are purporting to fix

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Lookit all these white, southern BernoBros asking for economic justice :smug:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/892810493152374784
like every single nissan plant in the entire world are unionized except the 3 in the united states lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rastor posted:

I dunno, I actually agree with reducing outsourcing and with taxing companies

I think the issue (in addition to that stuff not being enough regardless) is that, with the language used, there's plenty of room for the taxes in question and the "punishment" for outsourcing to be negligible and for the "independent trade prosecutor" to be given too little power to accomplish much of anything.

This is a pretty common Democratic strategy, and it's tough to deal with because the stuff they say is often technically good on paper but in practice is implemented in such a way that it can't actually accomplish anything.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Ytlaya posted:

I think the issue (in addition to that stuff not being enough regardless) is that, with the language used, there's plenty of room for the taxes in question and the "punishment" for outsourcing to be negligible and for the "independent trade prosecutor" to be given too little power to accomplish much of anything.

This is a pretty common Democratic strategy, and it's tough to deal with because the stuff they say is often technically good on paper but in practice is implemented in such a way that it can't actually accomplish anything.

a central nervous system is a pretty good idea, but useless without a spine

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

you kno i've never thought of this but its funny that the allegory of sodom and gommorah ends with father-daughter incest

Why

The allegory is about hospitality

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

literally just stealing and (poorly) repackaging planks of Trump's campaign platform

they could've done a decent about-face on trade if they really made a personal and human appeal, but instead all they did was lift some talking points from Trump and post them on Twitter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Lookit all these white, southern BernoBros asking for economic justice :smug:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/892810493152374784

ive been eating non union cup noodles????

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/893140804767813633

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

corncob was literally last year around this time, how are they so far behind and out of touch contextually

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

literally just stealing and (poorly) repackaging planks of Trump's campaign platform

they could've done a decent about-face on trade if they really made a personal and human appeal, but instead all they did was lift some talking points from Trump and post them on Twitter

watch twitter go absolutely buck wild for proposals to benefit local plutocrats at the expense of foreign workers and domestic consumers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"I don't get that reference. Must be some sort of rape sex thing." -- a normal person

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fallen Hamprince posted:

You are defending the dudes in the top hats btw

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the liberal media is also pushing "throw women and minorities under the bus" really hard lately

just this morning, WaPo has a piece written by a pro-life Dems organization, and Politico has a piece about neo-Confederate Dems who crossed over to vote for Trump because the urban liberals weren't listening to their concerns about political correctness and the unfair oppression of Southern heritage

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

loquacius posted:

"I don't get that reference. Must be some sort of rape sex homophobia thing." -- a normal person

hip centrists know about urbandictionary but don't know not to blindly trust the first result

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

loquacius posted:

"I don't get that reference. Must be some sort of rape sex homophobia thing." -- a normal person

that's not ali, that's giordano, who is by no one's definition a normal person

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

that's not ali, that's giordano, who is by no one's definition a normal person

Neera Tanden reached the same conclusion, and we also would do well not to forget bend-knee-gate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Tanden from the Fourth International

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

loquacius posted:

"I don't get that reference. Must be some sort of rape sex thing." -- a normal person

that should be your default immediate reasoning first and foremost whatsoever *clutches pearl*

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

In all honestly I thought the corncob thing was just an SA in-joke, I didn't know that dril was actually apart of the vibrant social fabric of our times

We do indeed live in a disturbing universe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

In all honestly I thought the corncob thing was just an SA in-joke, I didn't know that dril was actually apart of the vibrant social fabric of our times

We do indeed live in a disturbing universe

dril is out in the twitter wild, so we weren't the only ones who picked up on it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Non-musical hot take: Dril's a funny guy but the corncob meme has long since been run into the ground. (That is to say, it's a meme.)

Twitter rando calling it racist and homophobic and whatever else is pretty loving hilarious, though.

Musical hot take: That's worth something when you think about it, that is worth some money.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard posted:

Non-musical hot take: Dril's a funny guy but the corncob meme has long since been run into the ground. (That is to say, it's a meme.)

Twitter rando calling it racist and homophobic and whatever else is pretty loving hilarious, though.

Musical hot take: That's worth something when you think about it, that is worth some money.

it makes the original tweet even betterer

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
dril did nothing wrong

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

dril did nothing wrong

But innocence is over-rated based on what you haven’t done

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is "corncob" just a reference to "im not owned" or has it become something else?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

Is "corncob" just a reference to "im not owned" or has it become something else?

It's actually racsexist hatespeech now. Your ban has been queued.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

corncob was literally last year around this time, how are they so far behind and out of touch contextually

I actually have heard corncob used to mean anal rape ever since I was in middle school. But the usage by the left is super clearly based on the dril tweet and has no connection to that usage of the term. So they're just getting mad for the sake of getting mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Every cretin who has spread this meme needs to reckon with how it uses "loving the Betsy Ross flag," a rape culture and homophobic term popular among dudebros

Thoguh posted:

I actually have heard corncob used to mean anal rape ever since I was in middle school. But the usage by the left is super clearly based on the dril tweet and has no connection to that usage of the term. So they're just getting mad for the sake of getting mad.

:eyepop:

is this a regional thing or what

• Locked thread