Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dumbest one was when they stuck these literal children, from like 6 or so, to teenagers, in a town supposedly by themselves. The teenagers ruled like kings, of course, while smaller children tried to face down bulls.

Pretty sure it didn't make the whole season, because :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Randaconda posted:

The dumbest one was when they stuck these literal children, from like 6 or so, to teenagers, in a town supposedly by themselves. The teenagers ruled like kings, of course, while smaller children tried to face down bulls.

Oh I remember this. It was basically Lord of the Flies in reality show form

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Randaconda posted:

It gave us an all-time great front page article, though tragically it looks like a lot of the picture links are gone.

Note to Lowtax: I'll consider taking the commission on the four frontpage hits you get today in gift certificates.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Randaconda posted:

They stopped because a kid drank bleach.

The best reality competition was Tool Academy, in part because it was more obviously fake than many works of fiction.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

alpha_destroy posted:

loving :laffo: How goddamned stupid is America?

Look who we elected president and you have to ask this?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Preseason Coaches Poll is out.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

code:
1. Alabama (49)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC
5. Clemson (7)
6. Penn State
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconsin
11. Oklahoma State
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah
Also receiving votes: Washington State 99; Colorado 72; TCU 58; Boise State 49; Notre Dame 49; Texas A&M 46; Pittsburgh 45; North Carolina State 39; Oregon 37; Northwestern 25; Nebraska 23; Memphis 22; Arkansas 22; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Appalachian State 11; Brigham Young 10; Georgia Tech 10; Tulsa 10; Wyoming 9; Western Michigan 8; Temple 8; North Carolina 8; Houston 7; Troy 6; Minnesota 6; Iowa 5; Louisiana Tech 4; Syracuse 3; Arizona 2; Army 1; Colorado State 1; Michigan State 1; Maryland 1; Toledo 1; UCLA 1.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
24? huh.

e: that's to say I'm surprised we're even ranked. Lost our starting RBs, QB, DE among others and the WRs are pretty thin/unknown. Gonna be a rough year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm actually fairly interested in watching the Big 12 race this year. OU should be good like usual, OSU is supposed to be really good this year too. K State returns like everyone for another year of Bill Snyder doing Bill Snyder things, and WVU should at least be fun.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pakled posted:

Preseason Coaches Poll is out.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

code:
1. Alabama (49)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC
5. Clemson (7)
6. Penn State
7. Washington
8. Oklahoma
9. Michigan
10. Wisconsin
11. Oklahoma State
12. LSU
13. Auburn
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Florida
17. Louisville
18. Miami
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia
21. South Florida
22. Virginia Tech
23. Texas
24. Tennessee
25. Utah
Also receiving votes: Washington State 99; Colorado 72; TCU 58; Boise State 49; Notre Dame 49; Texas A&M 46; Pittsburgh 45; North Carolina State 39; Oregon 37; Northwestern 25; Nebraska 23; Memphis 22; Arkansas 22; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Appalachian State 11; Brigham Young 10; Georgia Tech 10; Tulsa 10; Wyoming 9; Western Michigan 8; Temple 8; North Carolina 8; Houston 7; Troy 6; Minnesota 6; Iowa 5; Louisiana Tech 4; Syracuse 3; Arizona 2; Army 1; Colorado State 1; Michigan State 1; Maryland 1; Toledo 1; UCLA 1.

Who voted for MSU?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
how in the gently caress is a 5-7 team the highest ranked team from Texas :laffo:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
It's because Texas is back

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Roll Tide I suppose. Good to see Auburn carrying on its tradition of inexplicably showing up high-ish in the polls.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Warbird posted:

Roll Tide I suppose. Good to see Auburn carrying on its tradition of inexplicably showing up high-ish in the polls.

Yeah that one stood out to me too.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Pakled posted:

Also receiving votes: Nebraska 23

:toot:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What the gently caress, where are Kansas's votes?

It's been 10 year, it's time for the return.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol uga ranked above georgia tech and app state, two teams they'll lose to this year

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

lol uga ranked above georgia tech and app state, two teams they'll lose to this year

Insha'Allah

GT's got a lot of question marks this year, chief among them being how well we'll replace our historically great QB. Matthew Jordan did a good job against Virginia Tech last year but he also displayed a lot of glaring weaknesses and if he hasn't improved his passing game and option reading, we're sunk this year.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

curried lamb of God posted:

how in the gently caress is a 5-7 team the highest ranked team from Texas :laffo:

8-4 seems reasonable for them this year (though it seemed reasonable for them last year too), which would probably land them right about there in the 20-25 range. Probably wouldn't count on any of the rest doing any better. Guess I wouldn't sleep on TCU.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Preseason #6 is the best start since preseason #4 in 1999.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pakled posted:

Insha'Allah

GT's got a lot of question marks this year, chief among them being how well we'll replace our historically great QB. Matthew Jordan did a good job against Virginia Tech last year but he also displayed a lot of glaring weaknesses and if he hasn't improved his passing game and option reading, we're sunk this year.

Trust that if he doesn't Bud will have a better answer this year :c00lbutt:

And #22 sounds about right. WVU being ranked above us when every advanced stat has them as not very good isn't surprising but it's interesting how split the opinion by community is (ie talking heads vs stats guys).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OkSt at 11 is really low, Michigan at 9 is too high

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Most overrated team: Penn State.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

iospace posted:

USC also tends to tank when they have high expectations since Carroll left.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA was ghastly in its bad performances and problematic in even its good ones last season; I wouldn't pre-rank them at all frankly.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

iospace posted:

More than Michigan, with their grand total of five returning starters only one of which is a defensive player?

That's not the makings of top ten to me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How long is Boise going to continue to ride the wave from that one bcs bowl

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PSU also lost its only cool and good thing: the fat kicker.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a neat cape posted:

Of all the G5 teams that didn't get up to a P5 conf, they're probably the most consistent of them, though admittedly falling off as of late. Houston is sort of taking that spot now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

PSU also lost its only cool and good thing: the fat kicker.

nah, we still have out playbook straight out of the N64 NFL Blitz

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

San Diego State has my permission to grind them into dust and make their own BCS bowl.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I was looking at the Maryland football wiki page trying to figure out why someone would possibly give them a vote when I stumbled on a very depressing article entitled, "Maryland-Rutgers football rivalry."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sash! posted:

Preseason #6 is the best start since preseason #4 in 1999.

Penn State's highest ranking since Jerry Sandusky announced his retirement before his last season, retiring to spend more time with kids.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
ah, yes, #13, auburn, noted good team, that will win

NOT lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kittenmittons posted:

USC also tends to tank when they have high expectations since Carroll left.

Do you have an actual football reason to think they're overrated or do you think there is some curse on the uniforms that transcends players and coaching staffs?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Directional Florida school > Tennessee, Texas [note: the coach texas fired is now at that florida school]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pillsburysoldier posted:

Directional Florida school > Tennessee, Texas [note: the coach texas fired is now at that florida school]

With Miami and UF going on a decade long run of mediocrity, there's room for a Florida directional school to come up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kittenmittons posted:

I was looking at the Maryland football wiki page trying to figure out why someone would possibly give them a vote when I stumbled on a very depressing article entitled, "Maryland-Rutgers football rivalry."

The Rutgers page describes Maryland as their biggest rival. They have played 12 times.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Pft, #23 sure

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Rutgers page describes Maryland as their biggest rival. They have played 12 times.

because The Enemies of Rutgers Athletics don't have a team yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I was wondering how the Ed O hire would affect LSU's preseason standings.

Ok, I really wasn't, but they're the second best team in the SEC according to these rankings.

• Locked thread