Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

MourningView posted:

Do you have an actual football reason to think they're overrated or do you think there is some curse on the uniforms that transcends players and coaching staffs?

Just taking an uneducated guess in the spirit of preseason polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Silly Burrito posted:

I was wondering how the Ed O hire would affect LSU's preseason standings.

Ok, I really wasn't, but they're the second best team in the SEC according to these rankings.

What SEC teams are better than LSU?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

coaches poll posted:

Also receiving votes: Arkansas 22
Lmbo

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Georgia too high as usual; sky blue, water wet.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't know what you are talking about, this year is Georgia's year.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I'll take our ranking, since we currently don't have a QB.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Huh, #7

I'm concerned that's a little too high but hell preseason rankings are bullshit anyway so why not?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm the 1 army vote

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

San Diego State has my permission to grind them into dust and make their own BCS bowl.

They're gonna beat Stanford and lose to Wyoming

Nevertheless I'm on that Aztec sun train

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA was ghastly in its bad performances and problematic in even its good ones last season; I wouldn't pre-rank them at all frankly.

I agree; I'd have to wait and see after our first 4 or 5 games to get a sense of where this team is. Of course, I imagine most teams would say the same about themselves, but Georgia is especially prone to...let's call it "swinginess."

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

besides the obvious one?

I just don't understand why the polls don't see that Lovie is going to bring Illinois back to relevance

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson at 5 seems high. Gonna be hard for Dabo to keep his finish higher in final poll then initial poll streak alive

e: of course I said that last year too :smug:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

curried lamb of God posted:

how in the gently caress is a 5-7 team the highest ranked team from Texas :laffo:

They hired the coach from 6th place in the American conference. Last year that meant good enough to beat #1 in the Big 12. Also their name is Texas, that is important to some voters.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

College Gameday is coming to Bloomington for the game against OSU. Hashtags are becoming a reality.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

I agree; I'd have to wait and see after our first 4 or 5 games to get a sense of where this team is. Of course, I imagine most teams would say the same about themselves, but Georgia is especially prone to...let's call it "swinginess."

Whatever do you mean.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Facebook thinks I might know this guy. I really hope I don't. I tried to make it smaller via my phone so sorry if it looks bad or big.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i was just trying to be friends with u dude you dont have to blow me up on here jeez

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Ahahahaha. That's the god damned Id of the south in one image. On disability, Confederate flag bama flag and I'm guessing some hot takes on welfare, Obama and Trump.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hey, I'm not complaining. Ed O is going to be wound so tight for the Bama game....

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

Whatever do you mean.

amazing trips down memory lane there, thanks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if UF can stumble into the championship game, hopefully after their by-now traditional beating by FSU.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

i feel like if we did a TFF Secret Santa and I got Scionix, I would do my damndest to find that confederate/Alabama flag as my gift

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

i feel like if we did a TFF Secret Santa and I got Scionix, I would do my damndest to find that confederate/Alabama flag as my gift

Something tells me it wouldn't be that hard

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tuberville will be working as color with Mike Patrick this season. Pretty quick for a guy just getting into tv.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Korranus posted:

They're gonna beat Stanford and lose to Wyoming

Nevertheless I'm on that Aztec sun train

That is the most Boise season yeah.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Georgia too high as usual; sky blue, water wet.

In the same vein, shockingly Notre Dame isn't on there...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
So Kyle Parker is back at Clemson as a student assistant... and Charlie Whitehurst is singing at a wedding.

2017 is weird.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

KKKLIP ART posted:

i would cherish it....

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scarf posted:

In the same vein, shockingly Notre Dame isn't on there...

They're a mystery to me. I think Kelly is as good of a head coach as they could ever hope for, but they've been really off-kilter ever since Alabama crushed them. Replacing the DC is a pretty big deal, too.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Poppa Sabes outlining what will be done about whatshisface that got the DUI the other day. Seems reasonable to me.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JimHenryTALLY/status/893523655698853888

Cool so only 6 wrs now

warheadr
Jul 6, 2005

Scarf posted:

So Kyle Parker is back at Clemson as a student assistant... and Charlie Whitehurst is singing at a wedding.

2017 is weird.

It's like someone threw Whitehurst and Stephen Garcia into one of those "what would our child look like" generators

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kittenmittons posted:

I was looking at the Maryland football wiki page trying to figure out why someone would possibly give them a vote when I stumbled on a very depressing article entitled, "Maryland-Rutgers football rivalry."

*raises hand* Maryland basketball fan here and I too was wondering about that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sure seems like a lot of Cup points right there.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Between not having any WRs, losing Cook, and having an OL that makes ours look good, I'm looking forward to being in Tally this year to watch us finally win.

(we won't win)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

#6 is rad, I'll take it. I'm surprised Pitt got as many votes as they did, considering how many people they've lost to graduation. Maybe the coaches place more faith in the program than in the players for the PSU and Clemson wins.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

#6 is rad, I'll take it. I'm surprised Pitt got as many votes as they did, considering how many people they've lost to graduation. Maybe the coaches place more faith in the program than in the players for the PSU and Clemson wins.

They also don't have to play FSU or Clemson this year which is a huge help. Their conference schedule is pretty nice this year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Notre Dame is at Miami.

Doesn't mean much nowadays, but I remember that being a hot feud back in the day.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Randaconda posted:

Notre Dame is at Miami.

Doesn't mean much nowadays, but I remember that being a hot feud back in the day.

Yeah, but now I'd say ND has earned the Convicts moniker given all the wrongful deaths, rapes, and cover-ups...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

San Diego State has my permission to grind them into dust and make their own BCS bowl.

I'm glad there are some things in sports where we see eye to eye, friend

• Locked thread