Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Agholor may become a decent receiver, but he's still got the dead eyes of a shark and I won't be surprised when they start digging up bodies in his backyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Like, Philly fans are getting poo poo when multiple teams had murders last year.

Also don't blame Philadelphia, blame Italians.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
As an Irish American Philadelphian, I am willing to take the blame for any Eagles fan bad behavior on to my ethnic group. We contributed nothing to all the awesome food available around here so we have to pull our weight somehow.

Not sure if anybody here cares, but during this off-season there has been some serious weirdness going on over at r/eagles. Someone is botting up tens of thousands of new subscribers for completely unknown reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/6rdr5x/we_are_now_the_largest_nfl_team_subreddit/

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

As an Irish American Philadelphian, I am willing to take the blame for any Eagles fan bad behavior on to my ethnic group. We contributed nothing to all the awesome food available around here so we have to pull our weight somehow.

Not sure if anybody here cares, but during this off-season there has been some serious weirdness going on over at r/eagles. Someone is botting up tens of thousands of new subscribers for completely unknown reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eagles/comments/6rdr5x/we_are_now_the_largest_nfl_team_subreddit/

Clearly everyone has just figured out we are the best sports team in all of sports!

Or r/T_D is leaking and all their bots are Eagles fans

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles sign former Bills S/CB Corey Graham

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Clearly a false flag operation. /r/Cowboys is behind it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This tweet triggered me pretty badly:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/891679034656083968

2k17 is dead!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
All I see is corner missing on a jam and getting horribly beat.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a new study bible! posted:

This tweet triggered me pretty badly:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/891679034656083968

2k17 is dead!

Carson Wentz will throw for 2017 TDs in tyool 2017.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
We're all the guy in the Wentz jersey nodding his head at the end of the video.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
The cowboys are 1-0.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*drowns in puddle of piss*

*victory piss*

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

RIP 2k football

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

All I see is corner missing on a jam and getting horribly beat.

Yeah who is that corner? You guys get Maxwell back without me knowing?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This Nelson Agholor hype is getting out of hand. Now a beat writer is calling him the most talented WR on the field. Apparently the dude is going bonkers and that's even with the other WRs having a good camp, too.

Also, even with Gibson & Torrey there, Agholor has also clocked the fastest speed this camp.

Who all has majorly turned a corner on the 3rd year after a start like Agholor? Obviously the guy's back is against the wall, but these beat writers are getting crazy.

89 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 4, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Agholor is 5 years younger than Smith so yeah, he's probably going to be faster

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Remember when Agholor reset a dope Ertz TD because he couldn't lineup properly?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Eagles writers are just conspiring to give Agholor false confidence

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blue squares posted:

Eagles writers are just conspiring to give Agholor false confidence

If Agholor goes wild this year I will not believe it until like his 10th 100 yard game

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

This Nelson Agholor hype is getting out of hand. Now a beat writer is calling him the most talented WR on the field. Apparently the dude is going bonkers and that's even with the other WRs having a good camp, too.

Also, even with Gibson & Torrey there, Agholor has also clocked the fastest speed this camp.

Who all has majorly turned a corner on the 3rd year after a start like Agholor? Obviously the guy's back is against the wall, but these beat writers are getting crazy.

The historical trope is that it takes three years for a rookie receiver to figure out the game. Last year we saw Davante Adams break out with a 1000 yard season after two years of relatively sub-par performance and being a joke about inefficiency and stone hands, and that included a 2015 season where Jordy Nelson was gone and Adams had all the opportunity in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if Agholor did the same thing. He was a first round talent and my recollection is that he wasn't considered a reach.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Note:

Talks are heating up for the Eagles to acquire Kyle Fuller from the Bears. Who of which, according to Prince Akumura, Fuller has been "Lights Out" this off season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Former Eagles scout, Daniel Jeremiah, had a bunch of stuff to talk about. He was almost hired as the Eagles personnel chief instead of Joe Douglas:

- Nelson Agholor has had a complete rebirth. He will be the team's starting slot receiver. As far as what that means for Jordan Matthews....🤷🏻‍♂️
- Jernigan has been ridiculous and even outplaying Cox. Both the d-line & o-line look like top 3 units.
- Alshon Jeffrey is fine.
- Shelton Gibson can't catch a ball.
- Mack Hollins is gonna be a "Pro Bowler" on special teams. Likened him to Kassium Osgood.
- "Whole lot of talent at WR isn't gonna make the team" because of the overabundance. Marcus Johnson has constantly been making plays. Greg Ward has looked really good, too.
- Corner is a legit major worry. Jalen Mills looks OK, Douglas is up and down as a rookie, Robinson looks terrible.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Jalen Mills is crap. He'd be a ok back up, but he's not a guy you would want taking the field unless there was an injury. But it looks like at this point he is the Eagles best cornerback and the competition is not even close.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He's good in the red zone, just doesn't have the speed elsewise

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If I'm the Bears IDK if I would trade Fuller for Matthews (should Philly try to move him)

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

If I'm the Bears IDK if I would trade Fuller for Matthews (should Philly try to move him)

I hope they don't, Fuller's got a lot more promise than any of the CBs we've signed. I think he got over halfway to Amukamara's TO total in his rookie year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

How much have the Eagles’ WRs improved? DGB, Huff, Treggs & Turner combined for 1,054 snaps last year. None will make the team this year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why would the Bears trade Fuller?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why would the Bears trade Fuller?

Injured all of last year, not really a press CB.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Bears declined his 5th year option and signed two other CBs. (or something like that - not a Bears fan)

I seem to remember people talking about trading Kendricks to Chicago months ago but I guess Chicago didn't want him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

quote:

How much have the Eagles’ WRs improved? DGB, Huff, Treggs & Turner combined for 1,054 snaps last year. None will make the team this year.

On the other hand, Nolan Carroll and Leodis McKelvin combined for 1,406 snaps last year but their releases don't mean the CBs are improved.

Which positional group is worse, the Eagles WRs last season or the Eagles CBs this season?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
wrong thread, sorry

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

wrong thread, sorry

Thank you for finally understanding that Eagleschat is not appropriate in the thread about the best division in football

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

blue squares posted:

Thank you for finally understanding that Eagleschat is not appropriate in the thread about the best division in football

Wait, I thought this was the NFC East thread?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

If it wasn't for Eagles fans, this thread would live on page 9.

I like the idea of playing the new guy in three safety sets: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eaglescould0-use-newly-acquired-db-corey-graham-three-safety-sets . Jenkins can cover too, so this could be a partial fix.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eagles fans are always loudest in the offseason because its the only time they're champs.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles fans are always loudest in the offseason because its the only time they're perennial champs.

ftfy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles fans are always loudest in the offseason because its the only time they're champs.

We are the loudest always because we are the best fans in the division, both statistically and by eyeball. Also because the eagles are our only chance for a decent sports team this cycle.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mr. Nice! posted:

This has to be bordering on Rival Fans lvls of jokes.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Diqnol posted:

We are the loudest always because we are the best fans in the division, both statistically and by eyeball. Also because the eagles are our only chance for a decent sports team this cycle.

Uhhh, the Sixers are almost assured to make the playoffs this season. The east is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

This guy needs more trust in the process.

• Locked thread