Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You're Canadian, right? Don't they have Paralysers in your parts?

1 oz vodka
1 oz kaluha
coke
milk

:barf:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

CommonShore posted:

You're Canadian, right? Don't they have Paralysers in your parts?

1 oz vodka
1 oz kaluha
coke
milk

:barf:

Yes but I refuse to drink them because I'm lactose intolerant and mixing that with alcohol would be instant death. Or projectile vomiting. Probably both.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Picnic Princess posted:

Yes but I refuse to drink them because I'm lactose intolerant and mixing that with alcohol would be instant death. Or projectile vomiting. Probably both.

so :barf: then

Or perhaps 7up+milk is cream soda :smugdog:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Heat oven to 400°. Make 3 1/2 inch deep diagonal cuts at regular intervals in each frankfurter. Cut cheese sliced into 36 strips, about 1 x 1/4 inch. Insert cheese strip in each frankfurter cut. In ungreased baking dish 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches, mix beans, tomato sauce and seasonings. Arrange frankfurters on bean mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. 4 or 5 servings.

Substitute any of the following, if you wish

For frankfurters: 1 package (12 ounces) smoked small sausage links

For chili hot beans: 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) kidney beans

For seasonings: 1 envelope (1 1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

When the Laverne and Shirley show was on (God, I'm old) I was in middle school and everyone just had to try Laverne's regular tipple of milk and Pepsi mixed together. Two kids actually vomited in the cafeteria. It was amazing.

I drink neither milk nor Pepsi, so did not join the experiment.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

When the Laverne and Shirley show was on (God, I'm old) I was in middle school and everyone just had to try Laverne's regular tipple of milk and Pepsi mixed together. Two kids actually vomited in the cafeteria. It was amazing.

I drink neither milk nor Pepsi, so did not join the experiment.

Brown cows are good

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

AlmightyBob posted:

Brown cows are good

Isn't that a root beer float, rather than milk and soda mixed together?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Would:colbert:

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Y'all don't know bout milk soda:

It is basically carbonated milk. A "popular" drink combines a milkis, mixed with one of these (it tastes like orange yogurt):

and soju, which tastes like rubbing alcohol.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
milkis takes many components out (importantly among them lactose), adds lactic acid concentrates and all sorts of other poo poo in, and is formulated by the quite competent food scientists they have over at the lotte megacorp (they make insurance apartments kpop stars duty free shops and about 3000 other food brands too)

e: citric acid not lactic
the lactic acid comes from proprietary yogurt powder

curufinor has a new favorite as of 08:00 on Aug 4, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
recipe for soju:

1 part etoh
4 part water
0.01 part proprietary flavoring
mix

and that's the recipe for soju

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TotalLossBrain posted:

My youngest loves eating chicken noodle soup straight from the can. He doesn't take time to heat it up. He doesn't really care for anyone else to heat it up for him, either. :confused:
He does the same with canned ravioli.

When I was a kid, I'd occasionally eat canned ravioli as it was straight out of the can. Since I grew up in a staunchly Italian-Sicilian household that took food as Serious Business, I probably could've gotten away with less flack if I admitted to streaking with boobs in full bounce through the Vatican while the Pope was giving High Mass than if I ever admitted to having spaghetti gravy out of a jar. My out of the can ravioli thing was a bit of rebelling.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Also, chef boyardee mini ravioli straight out the can is good.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I recently read that this is common in Pakistan as a Ramadan treat.

quote:

"The first sip was, to my surprise, fizzy and refreshing, even soothing. It was lighter than lassi, like a layer of cream had been stripped away and replaced with air, while the smoothness of the milk blunted the cloying sweetness of sugar and the citric clang of lemon-lime. The drink somehow combined the round, smooth simplicity of milk and the sweet crispness of soda."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
This is from a few pages back, but wow, this is some of the most obnoxious marketing I've ever read.

Pictured: "a natural and delicious cheese snack made with high-quality ingredients"

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Lime Tonics posted:

People in canada have been eating horses, without knowing....

Twenty per cent of sausages tested across Canada contained meat not listed on label

A federally funded study has found that 20 per cent of sausages sampled from grocery stores across Canada contained meats that weren’t on the label.

The study, published this week in the journal Food Control, was conducted by researchers at the University of Guelph and commissioned by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

It examined 100 sausages that were labelled as containing just one ingredient — beef, pork, chicken or turkey.

“About one in five of the sausages we tested had some off-label ingredients in them, which is alarming,” said Robert Hanner, lead author of the study and an associate professor with the Biodiversity Institute of Ontario at the University of Guelph.

The CFIA reached out to Hanner for the study after the European horse meat scandal in 2013, where food labelled as beef was found to have horse meat — in some cases beef was completely substituted by horse meat.

Seven of 27 beef sausages examined in the study contained pork. One of 38 supposedly pure pork sausages contained horse meat. Of 20 chicken sausages, four also contained turkey and one also had beef. Five of the 15 turkey sausages studied contained no turkey at all — they were entirely chicken.

http://nationalpost.com/life/food/o...e0-d38a47b94d4c

Welcome to the club canadians.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

Isn't that a root beer float, rather than milk and soda mixed together?

I'd never heard of it being root beer until the internet, it was always pepsi and milk here

The General
Mar 4, 2007

bloom posted:

Welcome to the club canadians.

I seriously have no idea why there's a stigma against eating horses. I would eat a horse. Not a whole horse, but you know, a horse steak or sausage.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Horse meat is fine, but the problem here is that they use meat from sources that are deemed below food grade, or only legally marketable to consumers if processed in a certain way, since the animals are likely to be contaminated with antibiotics and such (more so than factory farmed livestock)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Let's face it: if you've been fasting, abstaining from all foods and liquids--even water--since dawn, anything you eat or drink at sunset is a treat.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

The General posted:

I seriously have no idea why there's a stigma against eating horses. I would eat a horse. Not a whole horse, but you know, a horse steak or sausage.

Nothing wrong with eating horse meat as long as you know you are eating horse. The problem is eating something that's not supposed to contain horse but does!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The General posted:

The stigma is the same (perhaps a lesser version) as with dog. We bred these creatures to work with us and to essentially love us. They trust us. People commonly had lifelong bonds with them in the very recent past, less so today obviously because cars.

They're our fuzzy buddies and eating them feels hosed up.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

The stigma is the same (perhaps a lesser version) as with dog. We bred these creatures to work with us and to essentially love us. They trust us. People commonly had lifelong bonds with them in the very recent past, less so today obviously because cars.

They're our fuzzy buddies and eating them feels hosed up.

Paradoxically horses were much more commonly eaten back when people commonly had connections with them. Only recently did we achieve such surpluses of food that we can abstain from eating work animals out of respect or any other reason.

I suppose that unlike dogs, the relation between a man and a horse has never been buddy-ish. I know people who have worked with horses who pretty much hated them as a necessary evil, glorified vermin. Same with poultry, etc. Few animals have the universal appeal of dogs or cats.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Despite what the copy says, that tree doesn't look very gay.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

PyroDwarf posted:

Y'all don't know bout milk soda:

It is basically carbonated milk. A "popular" drink combines a milkis, mixed with one of these (it tastes like orange yogurt):

and soju, which tastes like rubbing alcohol.

Wait what?

Why would you combine Milkis with Yakult? Milkis is basically carbonated Yakult.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

let mama feed you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I ate too many of those back when I worked at Wal-Mart because it was convenient and my paycheque was always garbage.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

curufinor posted:

recipe for soju:

1 part etoh
4 part water
0.01 part proprietary flavoring
mix

and that's the recipe for soju

Is the proprietary flavoring mix made from kpop stars that have outlived their usefulness?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

The General posted:

Quebec produces a fair bit of horse meat (and is where most of the horse meat I can buy comes from), and exports a good portion of that to France, so I guess that stigma isn't nearly as strong in French cultures. Canada is one of the world leaders in horse meat production and export, in fact. It's pretty good and worth trying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've suddenly remembered a kids drama thing I watched when I was very young where the main plot was they were trying to stop the bad guys because they were going to ship horses off to France to be eaten.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pastry of the Year posted:

let mama feed you

I delivered a load of paper rolls to where these are made. Stiff paper is printed with the logo and nutrition info, formed into the bowl shape, then filled. This all took place in a man-made cave system in the Kansas City MO area.

This was made in a cave.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

CannonFodder posted:

Is the proprietary flavoring mix made from kpop stars that have outlived their usefulness?

that's why they advertise with old washed up kpop stars
also the young kpop stars
basically every significant kpop star actually
it's a secretion from the soju flavoring gland, injected in there in a painful ceremony like space marines in wh40k along with all the other plastic surgery

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

I delivered a load of paper rolls to where these are made. Stiff paper is printed with the logo and nutrition info, formed into the bowl shape, then filled. This all took place in a man-made cave system in the Kansas City MO area.

This was made in a cave.

That absolutely could not be more perfect

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

curufinor posted:

that's why they advertise with old washed up kpop stars
also the young kpop stars
basically every significant kpop star actually
it's a secretion from the soju flavoring gland, injected in there in a painful ceremony like space marines in wh40k along with all the other plastic surgery

when the kpop stars die in battle the apothecaries have to come to collect their progenitor glands, which grow to new genetic implants for new kpop stars
secretly, they fight the kpop stars of chaos with a rocket launcher-sized gun in each hand, or maybe a cartoonishly giant fist
also they spit acid and have two hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Prism posted:

Quebec produces a fair bit of horse meat (and is where most of the horse meat I can buy comes from), and exports a good portion of that to France, so I guess that stigma isn't nearly as strong in French cultures. Canada is one of the world leaders in horse meat production and export, in fact. It's pretty good and worth trying.

Horse meat is tasty and I'm not aware of any stigma against eating it. The problem with the EU horse meat scandal back in the day(and presumably this new one?) is that they were chopping up old racehorses which are pumped full of antibiotics and hormones.And of course the fact that you shouldn't sell X as Y.