Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I almost wonder if she will intentionally not use it to be evicted without repercussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Max posted:

I almost wonder if she will intentionally not use it to be evicted without repercussion.

Allow herself to be evicted where Cody goes to jury and she does it? Not a chance.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

STAC Goat posted:

It took me awhile to figure out who Christmas reminded me of and someone eventually made me realize it was Ashley Judd.
Also an acceptable answer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Muddy Burphy posted:

Allow herself to be evicted where Cody goes to jury and she does it? Not a chance.

She was talking about self evicting pretty seriously during the bullying spat they had on Monday, but was aware of the legal responsibilities of quitting the game.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Max posted:

She was talking about self evicting pretty seriously during the bullying spat they had on Monday, but was aware of the legal responsibilities of quitting the game.

I subscribe to the theory mentioned on RHAP that the self-evicting talk was an attempt to get production to shut what Paul & Friends were doing down.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mm, good point

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I doubt that level of sophistication and manipulation if only because Jessica has never displayed that level of gamesmanship in the game.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Wait so they're trying to convince Jess not to use the hex so they can send Cody home, and then actually send her home?

That's evil and hilarious

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Paul's the only one still really clinging to that as a possibility. Everyone else seems resigned to the fact that Jess and Cody are going to drive on spite if nothing else. That and wanting to get to Jury so they can spend the summer together. Paul just keeps pushing the "talk Jess out of it" thing because he's an obnoxious control freak who thinks he's the puppet master.

But if by some craziness Jess doesn't recite the Hex before the vote tonight they're probably going to take advantage and vote her out so they can get Cody next week. Otherwise if you take out Cody this week Jess is guaranteed at least 1 more week (and she's been lying and saying 2).

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

I would think if they did manage to get Jess out tonight, I would bet there's a 99% chance Cody would self-evict. Or murder Josh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't THINK Cody would walk on his own. Jess is a social being so it actually bothers her that everyone hates her and are talking behind her back. And the idea of spending the rest of the summer living with them without Cody worries her. But Cody doesn't really care. He hates people in general and is happy not talking people and being alone. So it doesn't bother him the way it bothers Jessica.

On the other hand Cody doesn't care about being a star and plans to "ghost" after the show, so he'd be less likely to be worried about the repercussions of walking than Jess would who thinks she's a TV star now. But Cody's also dead broke and could use the money.

Its all moot anyway because Jess is way too prideful to not use the Hex and "let them win." And at this stage I think she's got too much invested in Cody to let go. I think that's the main reason she went back to Cody after the fights even though nothing was actually resolved between them. Giving up on him now means admitting that all those previous decisions to stick with him were mistakes. She's deep in sunk costs land and needs to ride this out. Its why Paul's plan never really had a chance to work.

Plus, like, they gotta be in love because how else do you stand spending all day, every day with the same person for a month without wanting to kill them?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 3, 2017

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Co-dependency is a helluva drug.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just think, in a few hours we'll have a new HOH and either a complete repeat of the last week or a complete repeat of the week before all but guaranteeing a repeat of the last week next week.

Excited?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I think the next best thing to Jess not using the hex and getting bounced would be her using the hex, winning HoH, being smug and isolated with Cody for another week. Cody plays in the temptation competition to keep Paul from winning, gets last place, loses PoV, gets evicted pre-jury during Jess' HoH week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That WOULD be funny.

I'd also accept Jess winning HOH, putting up Paul/Raven, and then getting blindsided a third time when Raven goes home. Bonus points if from some dumb reason she put up Mark or Elena.

All of these are of course secondary to my hope that THE loving SEASON MOVES ON PAST ANYTHING BESIDES JODY AND PAUL!!!!!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Paul runs the house, goes to final 2 with Mark, wins :colbert:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Paul runs the house, goes to final 2 with Mark, wins :colbert:

Jess gets bounced, Paul goes to final two with Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, we're getting a Josh/Kevin F2 when Paul's 2 goats boot him at F3. Surely we know this.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sometimes this season reminds me of Survivor Redemption Island when they let Rob get surrounded by a bunch of idiots that worshiped him like a god walking among them.

I'm sure at some point some folks will figure out they need to get rid of Paul, but who knows.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All jokes aside, I still contend that the primary reason that Paul is so safe is because they can't get rid of Jody and both Jody and Paul have spent all season convincing everyone that Paul is the only one who can stop them.

The second Cody and Jess are gone I think people stop worrying about what Jody will do next week and start worrying about Paul will do in 2 weeks.

I realize I've been saying "just wait until Paul is vulnerable" since Week 1, but the problem is this poo poo hasn't changed since Week 1. Its been Jody vs the House since the second Cody backdoored Christmas and it only briefly changed when Cody was gone. And of course Dom hosed everything up by having a meltdown and publicly declaring Paul The Enemy while he was still 100% safe.

Its entirely possible everyone is too stupid to ever get Paul out, but we're never going to find out as long as Cody and Jess are scaring them all and publicly declaring "Only Paul Can Stop Us!"

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

I fully expect another week of Jody in "their" HOH room. Josh/Alex up, Josh does his Pots and Pans one last time. Once Jury starts Jody throws every comp so they can spend the summer together in the Jury House as quickly as possible.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

That sounds like the most boring option. If she uses the hex tonight, the least I want is Josh HoH booting Jess next week.

Edit: Josh HoH, Jess and Cody up, Paul wins veto and takes Cody down just to twist the knife.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Faustian Bargain posted:

That sounds like the most boring option. If she uses the hex tonight, the least I want is Josh HoH booting Jess next week.

Edit: Josh HoH, Jess and Cody up, Paul wins veto and takes Cody down just to twist the knife.

we are living in this timeline my man

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Alex talking to mark right now she sounds like she is 7th grade.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't watch the show live this week so I might have missed some stuff.

Alex and Mark clearing the air between them. Mark says he loves Alex's personality. Alex says Mark comes back at him more aggressive than others. Alex thinks Mark wasn't honest with her about the Jess/Hex deal. Mark defends. This is a touchy subject since Alex knew about the deal and that everyone but Mark and Elena were faking it. Rehashing the Dom week and Alex trying to get Mark on the block next to her. Mark is concerned about people wanting him up that week and Alex saying that was just about his vote. Alex saying him hanging with Jody sketched everyone out especially the way he dropped Dom. Mark says he's "kinda done" with Jody (duh, because Josh is HOH). Alex compares his relationship with Cody to her relationship with Jillian in that if Jillian had stayed Alex knew she'd have to keep fighting to save her. Alex says she's not trying to tell Mark not to be friends with Jody because one of them is going this week anyway (well, unless they win Safety/POV and then goodbye Mark). Mark says he's going to keep his distance from Jody because he knows how people saw the way he was during Jess' HOH week. Alex, "Yeah, what the gently caress?" Mark says to think about if Jillian had come back. Alex says she probably would have wanted her gone because of the way stuff had changed. She says Jillian didn't do the stuff Cody did. This is dragging. Mark's in hardcore floater mode because he knows Alex and Josh are close. I assume Josh is next if he hasn't already been there. Alex saying she doesn't want to be "like a crazy girlfriend" telling him who to hang out with. Mark says he worked his rear end off to be on the show and his friends keep blowing up and hurting him. Mark asks if he's high on Alex's target list after Jody. Alex says no but that its kind of iffy after her "boys" (Kevin and Jason). Mark says they can work on things going forward. Alex says she wants out Jess because she made it personal and she just wants to get to Jury and she works down her list of people she wants to be with her. Mark says Elena's never said anything about her. Alex says she's sketched out by Elena using Josh the way she was Mark. Mark says Elena feels he held her social game back so she distanced herself. Alex likes Elena but feels like Elena is taking advantage of Josh and bossing him around with the DR/Have Not thing. "Josh is stupid." Alex says neither Mark nor Elena are Josh's target but now everyone will be up his rear end including Elena (Yep) and she doesn't want her to use him. Alex saying everyone thinks Jody can pull Jason in so she's always running interference. This is REALLY dragging and everyone's kind of spilling stuff. Mark seemingly back in Defend Jody mode pointing out Jess didn't put Alex up and Cody didn't know about the Hex deal. Alex asks if his and Elena's breakup is "fakesies" and he says they're "kinda friends and allies" but its real. Alex says she'll feel Elena out.

Mark: I'm a slow learner.

Cody and Jess in bed. Cody says he hates losing. Jess says she wants to FF to the end of the week. "Why prolong this week?" That's the game, Jess. Cody says they can spend more time together. Jess says she feels like she's going to snap and doesn't want Cody to see her like that. Cody says to keep it nice and not "take it to the scumbag side" because everything's been said and nothing can change anything.

Paul being smug with Christmas and Elena. Saying Jody were being smug after the Hex and making comments and then they started acting nice after HOH. Paul says to pack up the ego and take it out of here. Elena says she was nervous about Cody's 21. Paul says he had faith in Kevin but not Josh. Uh, guys, Christmas is right there with her 21. Elena sketches about what happens if Cody and Jess win safety.

Josh ranting to Kevin. He's in positive manic mode. Josh trying to convince Kevin to compete in the Safety comp to hurt Jody's odds. Kevin agrees if everyone else (except Christmas) does. Josh says the plan is to say Cody's the target and blindside Jess.

Jess mid rant about how some cast weren't "puppetteered" and she wants to see people play their own games and anyone who goes against Paul is evicted. Jess isn't entirely wrong but still doesn't see that Jody put themselves in this position. Jess finds it interesting the affects of one vet in the house. Cody calls them groupies again. Jess asks if the plan is for him to get 1st in Safety and her to get last. Cody says if there's an opportunity but they'll figure it out. Huh? Both play for 1st. I don't get it.

Josh and Christmas discussing an evil plan of making Jess a Have Not and not Cody so they have to sleep apart and since Cody doesn't care about being Have Not anyway. Christmas quasi-complains about Julie rushing her when she was on crutches. Josh offers to let Christmas sleep in HOH but she says she wants him to enjoy the room but asks for a beer. Josh says he's getting wine and Christmas says to keep 75% for himself and give everyone else little shot glasses. Drunk Josh this week. I'm scared.

Cody hoping they might change their minds about voting out Jess because they just don't want Cody around. "But then all those bitches will say Jess has to go."

Mark and Alex are still talking. Now its about Ramses and cat ears. Alex keeps losing her sunglasses.

Josh, Paul, Christmas, Raven, and Matt celebrating a bit. Elena pulls Josh aside to storage and everyone immediately sketches about Elena. Elena says its been brought to her attention that Alex told Josh that Elena and Mark didn't celebrate HOH. Josh confirms but brushes it off as nothing. Elena is irritated at someone implying they know how she feels and wants to make clear to Josh lots of words. Elena can't speak for Mark but knows he's looking forward to Cody being out of the house to help his game. Elena says she wanted to win but she enjoys the hilarity and irony of him winning this week and she's happy and excited for him. Elena just wants to clarify the Alex thing "as a human, not a HOH." Josh says its not a thing but he'd like to talk later. Elena says they can do it now. Josh says she and Mark have never come to him about voting him out 2 weeks ago and that's the only concern he has. Elena says she was just voting with the house. Josh says Jody came at him personally and them voting with them made it seem like they were there. Elena says she liked both Ramses and Josh and rants about how incredibly awesome she is at controlling her emotions and social game. Josh says she was clearly pissed last week. Elena rants about how Paul was the only person with "balls" to talk to him and two people (Maven) were condescending to her, and Josh said something to her and it pissed her off? I can't follow. Elena ranting about people going with "perception" and not finding the "reality" and getting mad about Alex again. Maybe not the best move to the HOH who is closely allied to her. Josh saying how people came at him when he voted out Jillian but says he did what was best for his game and personally because of how much Christmas has helped him. Oh, he's saying Elena could have decided for herself and not gone with the house to vote out Josh. Elena asks what Josh would do if she and Paul were on the block and everyone told him they were voting Elena out. She tells him not to tell her she'd vote out Paul. She's getting really aggressive with the HOH. Elena wants Josh to put himself in her position with the whole "blindsided about not voting out Josh" thing. Josh asks why it was best for Elena to vote him out and Elena again says it was about being with the house. Elena now directing calling out Matt lying to her.

Alex debriefing on the Matt talk with Christmas, Paul, and Kevin. Alex laughs at him kissing rear end and she doesn't trust him at all. Alex commends Christmas on coming in so close again and proving she can compete even hurt. They talk about Elena already kissing Josh's rear end. Alex says Mark swears he and Dom weren't the hinky votes for Cody in Week 2. Paul says Mark confirmed Cody's stuff about him and covers for Christmas insisting it was Mark and Dom.

Cody tells Jess that the house can start turning against each other. Bless his heart, he ain't giving up. He says they should shut the gently caress up, chill, and let people freak out and hope someone makes themselves a target. He says he's seen it in past seasons. Jess says she's not doing any rear end kissing and Cody says "gently caress no!" Jess is bored with things (us too). Apparently Jess knows some same people Paul does and Cody gets fired up that they have something in common. Jess says its not Paul's fault everyone in the house has such low IQs. Cody calls everyone pieces of poo poo for last week. Calls out Matt specifically, which is odd since he didn't really do anything last week. But Cody really hates Matt. Cody says he'd never say anything bad about a girl because that's not what a man does. But he'll go at the guys hard. Cody saying it took 3 grown men to strip Jess of everything and they couldn't do it. I'm not following. Cody says the people Jess and Paul know will defend Jess. Jess says no one will be surprised at her behavior. Jess says you hang your morals at the door of Big Brother. Jess ranting something about how Paul wasted 2 HOHs and she tried to stop him but they still blame her. Cody says they'll always blame them because they're strong.

Josh and Elena still going at it. Elena saying it was Josh's fault she voted him out because he never came to him. She's grilling him about "checking out" and not campaigning. Elena saying she wanted to win HOH because she knows she was in trouble because she's associated with Mark and Jody. Josh says she's reading into things. They're distracted because there are flies in the garbage. Clean poo poo up, guys. Elena wants a house meeting to prove that they all lied to her about voting Josh out. Josh says no and says he's just trying to figure it out for him personally because he was hurt but he doesn't want to drag up stuff from weeks ago. Elena blatantly trying to manipulate Josh asking when is he going to hurt her by voting her out, with pouty lips. Josh says if that ever happens she won't be getting attacked like he was.

Jess says they'll watch each other on live feeds every day. Cody says there's no guarantee she goes before him. Jess says Cody isn't allowed to leave her alone again. Cody says Jess is going to see him doing a lot of thinking alone and not laughing. Jess hates that. He could always talk to people. Cody says he can do solitary confinement. Jess would rather that then having to look at the people she's disgusted with. Cody complains about Christmas being smug and happy. "I don't like her." Even these two are noticing Josh and Elena talking. Cody hopes it will freak people out that Josh has HOH. Jess says he'll be like Devon. Cody calls him "mentally challenged" and Jess scolds him. Cody says he can't learn anything new in life but he's learned patience "for" Jess.

Paul asks Elena if her conversation with Josh was "beneficial." Elena saying she wanted to clear up the Alex stuff. Paul asks if she talked to Alex and Elena says she doesn't owe Alex a conversation and she can find her. Elena is sick of people assuming things. Paul says that's how it works. Elena says she has to play that way then. Elena says Alex is scared of her which is why she talked to Mark and not her. Elena asks if its best to put Jody up and Paul says yes. Paul says everyone should try for the Safety. Elena says she has to talk to Mark and asks Paul to feel out Alex for her.

Josh debriefing with Kevin, Christmas, Jason, and Alex. He didn't really buy Elena's poo poo. Christmas saying Elena was campaigning for Ramses against Josh. Josh says it feels good to see them scrambling.

Cody telling some story about fighting someone in the military and challenging authority and "them being a bitch" or something. Jess saying she had her poorest performance yet. Cody asks how all four of them could have done so bad. Jess says Kevin threw it (duh). Jess says she didn't want Matt, Raven, or Josh to win. I really don't get why they hate Matt so much. He's so drat vanilla.

Josh telling Paul about his Elena talk and saying "she went in lawyer mode". Josh says Elena and Mark are on his pecking order. Paul says they need Mark gone. Josh says Elena's more dangerous. They laugh at Cody being pissed he won.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess doesn't want people to think she's crying. She says saying goodbye to him is the only thing left to make her cry. Cody squashes an ant and Jess gets annoyed at him touching her. Cody says you can eat ants and they're "citrusy." Jess says she doesn't think she's a diva (ha) but this gross house makes her feel like one. Jess is excited about the Safety comp because last week's looked fun. Christmas is yelling loud next door with everyone and Christmas and Jess are visibly pained. Jess doesn't know why she's stressed out when "this is so silly in the retrospect of life." She's just "irked" because they've fought so hard and they earned their right to be here. Again... you just got saved with a fan vote twist, Jess.

Since Josh won HOH in a Whistelnut shirt Josh wants Jason to dress like him for next HOH.

Jess fantasizing about living an every day life with Cody. Says she came onto the game because she was sick of everyday and now she wants it back. Cody says he was looking for something bigger. Jess says Cody might be her bigger. This is going to be a rough week. Cody says he doesn't care about money. Jess says she doesn't mind working for it and doesn't need to be handed it by being fake to people. Jess hopes whoever wins deserves it. Cody says he's rooting for Kevin because he's the only person playing a smart game without being a "piece of poo poo" or compromising morals. Jess agrees. They don't know Kevin super well. Cody adds that Kevin voted to keep him. He still doesn't get that. Cody says he'll sway the votes in Jury and Jess says she expects him to use that voice of his. Wow. Delusions is strong. Jess wonders if there's a Team America or something on the side. Jess says if there's cash in the POV she's going for it. Cody says absolutely. Way to fight and deserve it, guys.

Josh telling Maven about his Elena talk and how she threw them under the bus hard. Yeah, that was predictable. Elena dumb.

Now Jess is fantasizing about them announcing her pregnancy to Cody on a live show. Jess thinks she looks like Rihanna. Jess and Elena took a shower together and Cody got worked up about the possibility of Josh peeping. Raven offers them hot chocolate and they turn it down. Cody says he has his hot chocolate right here. Do they think Jess is black?

Josh tells Mark he might put him up as a Have Not again and Mark kinda freaks. Josh says he has to think about it.
Kevin: You get to be with Elena, Mark.
Jason: She's worth it but... poo poo!

Josh gets called to DR and everyone gets excited. Paul thinks its great that Jody will have to go up.
Paul: I'm petty.

Jody have added popcorn to the unpleasantness of JodyCam.
Jess: Do you believe in aliens?
Cody: Yeah, they come across the border every day.
Now they're debating whether God might have created life on other planets. These two have really run out of stuff to talk about. Its way too inane to recap. Cody believes in a literal interpretation of the Bible to no real surprise. Jess asks why the Bible says different things and Cody says he's never found anything contradictory. Cody's reading skills called into question. Jess thinks man could have hosed with God's Word but Cody doesn't believe in free will apparently. Cody rambles about if the Bible isn't true then he's going to Hell. He's one of those, to no surprise. He claims he's read the Bible many times. But he's never found contradictions. Now Jess randomly brings up 9/11 Truthers. Cody apparently doesn't believe in this one. Apparently Jess has gotten in a lot of debates over this and has serious questions about the conspiracy theory and is open to it if they're answered. Now they're discussing their 9/11 memories. These two really are running out of poo poo to talk about.

Ok, I can't keep watching this. I need to find something better to do at least until the HOH Room Reveal. Its not like there's going to be any real game talk this week besides playing Mark and Elena.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Cody's reading skills called into question.

Cody really bumbled through any of the big words in the weather report. I'd like to see him and Floyd Mayweather read children's books together.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody is sore about Mark dropping them again. Jess says she thinks he rode it out until HOH and he tried out for years so he has to try. Cody says he dumped him so quick in Week 1. Jess says people can make mistakes and being friends with Cody is hard for his game but he still is. Cody says Jess stuck with him and Jess says she's unique. This must have been what it was like to watch Brenchel. Cody says Mark isn't a "friend", he's "an associate." He says that's why he says he doesn't have many friends, but he has associates. But then says he doesn't like spending time with his associates, so... I'd feel really dumb listening to this if I hadn't made the rare choice to go hang with friends instead of watch live tonight.

Maven briefly discuss Elena's blatant turn around. Matt's good with it as long as they're safe and can do nothing another week. Those are my words but, you know. Raven starting to ramp up some cattiness about how everyone is being nice to Josh. Matt teases her about the "sexual predator" stuff and Josh allegedly seeing her in the shower.

Elena asks Mark about her Alex conversation. Mark says it started hostile over stuff they thought each other did but they cleared the air. Elena fishes for what started it and Mark says Alex said they weren't happy about Josh winning. Elena wants to know exactly what was said and all the details. Mark says Alex wanted to know if their breakup was real. Elena's "so loving annoyed" that Alex said her name. She's ranting again. She's pissed people were interrupting her 30 minute conversation with Josh in storage and is ranting about that now. Elena is cool with the fact that she "made a scene." Elena's not as good at this game as I thought she might be. And second week in a row she's throwing a very public, obvious fit after HOH.

Mark: So are you mad at me?
Elena: Nope. Not mad at you.
Mark (alone): I hate this house. I'm miserable. Part of me wants to go home on Friday. This is going to suck with all these people. Jury's going to suck. My alliance is going home. I am so hosed.

Cody recounts Alex tackling him in the kitchen and Jessica FUMES.
Cody: Chill, chill, chill. You ok? Don't... Jessica, you must remain calm. You have to think for three.
Jess: I'm fine. I'm fine. Talk about something else.
Cody: Get your rear end over here, bitch!
Jess: Oh God, I want to put her head through the wall.

Matt and Alex giddy that Josh was the one to beat Cody in HOH. Matt wants to see his face when Mark confronted Alex. I need to rewind to this.

Rewind to right after HOH...

Alex walks in on a room with Josh, Mark, Paul, Matt, Raven, and Christmas.
Alex: Elena and Mark are mad.
Josh: Dude, Mark is right there.
Alex: You were sad!
Mark: What are you talking about?
Alex: Your face was sad.
Mark: Then why was I cheering for him? Are you kidding me? Alex, why do you keep trying to start poo poo?! And why'd you say Elena? We're all on the same page.
Alex: Are you? She's in the bathroom talking to them now.
Mark: What does that have to do with me? I'm in here. I'm staying far away from them because i've had this conversation with everyone in this house.
Alex: Lets talk. Its time to pick a side.

Ok, back live. HOH Room Time.
Cody: finger down his throat
Jess: Lets get this over with.

Josh is VERY happy. He got a BB sleeping bag. He got Kanye for his music. Josh almost immediately starts getting emotional reading his letter. Everyone applauds and supports him except Cody, of course. Cody offers up his basket of snacks to everyone. His HOH robe is too small.

Christmas: Your mom is 45? She's 10 years older than me.

Jody leave and everyone relaxes. Paul suggests combining Josh's wine with his watermelon sours. Josh doesn't want to drink it this week with Jody around. Christmas suggests saving HOH booze for a couple of weeks and then getting "toasty." Josh said he promised Kevin a glass. Kevin gets booze from every HOH.

Cody seems aggro that Jessica is eating Josh's Fruit Loops.

Elena back ranting about Alex to Josh. She says she debated saying something "cheeky" in HOH. Mark tells her to talk to Alex and Elena says she doesn't have a problem, Alex does. She says she has more fun this way anyway and she hasn't had a confrontation yet. Does Elena not recognize that she's in a precarious position and Alex is close to the HOH? Oh wait... I think she is becuase they've been keeping Elena at arm's length the last few weeks. Elena says she doesn't want to be "too much of a oval office" because Alex is a good competitor. She says she should tell Josh about how much Alex hates him. Mark sulking and says he feels defeated. Elena says she doesn't want to piss Jody off because they're not 100% gone. Mark complains that Elena pulled away from him and is now "open about your relationship" with Paul. Elena, "Dude, you're reaching." Elena says her relationship with Paul hasn't changed, only theirs has. The Incredible Sulk says this is his kryptonite but he just has to deal with it and wait for his feelings to change. Elena kinda mocks him thinking his feelings would change in a week. She's kinda being mean. Which I guess shouldn't be a surprise. Mark tells her to be careful with Alex because she's very influential in the house. He says she knew a lot of stuff he'd said to other people, specifically what was said during the meeting with Jess over the Hex deal. They suspect Maven. Elena says she's done talking to them. Mark sees where people's cards lay and its going to be a long summer. He was hoping Cody would win today, Elena sorta agrees but says them being in the house hurts them by being associated with them. Mark says its obvious they don't have numbers anymore and calls Jason and Kevin floaters. Elena, "What does that make me?" Mark fumbles through some nonsense about how she doesn't flip back and forth.

HOH crew is the singles - Josh, Paul, Christmas, Jason, Kevin, and Alex - talking plans. Nothing crazy. Jody are going up, they plan to tell Cody he's teh target, and blindside Jessica. They think Cody will fold without her like Dom. Josh says he's not going to make noms personal. Christmas says to just lay out the facts about how they've played. Maven joins. Josh asks Matt if he'd be ok going in Have Nots with Jess, Mark, and Elena so he can spy on them. Matt's cool with it because he needs a "not fat week". Paul says Elena's going to gravitate to them this week and away from Mark and Cody. Paul says they could stay ambiguous about the target and then slip to Elena that Cody is the target so she slips it to Jody. Matt wants to keep nice with Mark because he'll be desperate to get back in good.

Mark and Elena show up in HOH so real game talk gives way to BS game talk. They wonder if Jess might be kept out of the Temptation Comp. They all play up wanting Cody out this week. Josh gives Mark a bandanna from his basket and Mark says its been 5 days since their fight. There's like a genuine mood change when Marlena arrive. I think that's more Mark than Elena. Mark asks if he's going to be a Have Not and Josh says he has to sleep on it and see how it plays out. Mark says if he puts him on his 4th week of slop he's going to come up to HOH and poo poo and fart. Josh says to look forward to chicken parm and pizza tomorrow. Hmmm... chicken parm.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Marlena leave HOH, Maven's gone, and its back to the singles and everyone comments on Elena being clearly pissed off and Mark "threatening" Josh over Have Nots. Paul says he's making it so obvious he doesn't want it so he has to give him it. They discuss Paul going in as a Have Not but they think they're more likely to talk around Matt. Christmas says its a good time for Matt to do some game work. Paul says to not assure Mark he's good this week and Josh says Elena's fine. Mark the Mood Killer is back. Paul says Josh needs to take the reigns and give him a week off. He then immediately starts laying on thick about who the target is. Paul is sleeping in HOH with Josh. Mark wonders if they patterned the Italian flag after a pizza.

Cody and Jess are talking about getting paper cuts from tp. Seriously, guys. You gotta talk to someone else.

Mark says Jess is the better player but Cody makes the house unpleasant. Paul plays up the fake game talk. Josh does a good act of how badly he needs Cody to go after everything. Everyone gradually runs from the storm cloud that follows Mark around leaving Josh, Paul and Mark. Mark begs some more not to be a Have Not and now Josh is gone. Paul says Josh is just loving with him. Mark, "I'd freak the gently caress out." Mark asks Paul to volunteer in his place if Josh picks him because his body can't handle another week. Paul asks how the Alex conversation went and Mark is kind of sketchy saying "I trust you very much." Mark says Alex knew stuff they said in the Hex Deal and he and Elena are the only people he trusts. Paul says Alex might have just been making stuff up.

Kevin joins. They keep talking about Alex but it gets vague. Jason joins. Kevin is getting really pushy about opening the wine. I kind of think that's the main concern of Kevin in this game. Mark wants them to do it so he can rub it in Christmas' face that she can't drink it. Mark asks who they want gone and both numbskulls stutter through Cody. Jason suggests forcing a tie and making Josh decide. They realize they could actually do that with the 3rd nominee and Paul gets really excited. Kevin gets his way and the wine gets opened. Everyone but Elena is up (she's a Have Not with Christmas, Mark, and Alex). Kevin definitely steals some extra swigs.

Cody and Jess now arguing over astral signs. Cody calls it witchcraft and says it did in the Roman Empire, but "they're still running the show." Cody's very hostile about this and "greek dickhead philosophers" and "jerkoffs" throwing it in your face. These two desperately need a third friend.

Maven again reiterating that their only concern is being safe next week. And Paul, of course. They complain about Christmas being loud in HOH. As antisocial and catty as Jody are Maven are actually a much more subtle version of them in that regard. They always pull away from the group settings and then complain.

Elena is complaining to Jess about Alex now. Now about Josh. Jess doesn't understand why people are hiding in rooms and whispering when they've been targets for weeks. Jess, "How many morons does it take to evict two people?" Elena, "We're not in a loving alliance. She just has a better personality than all of you." Elena leaves and Jess is giddy for the gossip. Cody says Kevin just told him to "keep his head up" and thinks the plans might have changed. Jess thinks Alex wants Mark and Elena bad. These two might be blindsiding themselves again. Jess says even if one of them don't get home it will be one of Mark or Elena and she doesn't like that. She's angry "that little twat" is throwing around their names. She wants to stick Alex's neck between two doors and keep slamming it. Cody thinks it could bring Marlena back to them.

Bless Cody and Jess for being so committed to hope/arrogance that they seem able to get disappointed every time.

Josh (w/ Paul) tells Elena they're good with the earlier talk and he just wants Cody out this week. Elena is being really pissy saying people are going to be worried about her relationship with Jess or a rogue vote. Elena getting really angry about how she was the one wronged with the Josh vote again and Paul backs her up and says if they had let her in on it she would have voted to keep him. Josh says he's tipsy. Paul too. I think they might just be trying to get out of Elena's tantrum talk. Josh keeps getting distracted by Elena's boobs but is reiterating that she's fine and Cody is his target. Paul's backseat HOHing and says they have to leave Jessica on the table. Elena keeps going on about Alex and Paul suggests squashing it. Josh and Paul want this to end.

Christmas is happy to get her old bed back but then gets grossed out realizing Jody were definitely loving in it. Jokes on her, they've been bed hopping. She and Kevin are trying to convince Jason to float more and compete less so he has less blood on his hands. Jason wants to compete and says this is a good week since he knows he's safe. Christmas asks Jason if he feels like he's in danger. Kevin says he just gets anxious when they do the HOH reveals. Jason says he just woke up anxious about work and money and what happens when this is over. Kevin offers him a loan. Never take that offer, Jason. You need your legs. Jason's worried how people will feel about him and Christmas says he's going to be loved as a funny, likable, family man.

Paul alone with Elena who is still complaining. Paul's trying to get her to chill and convince her its all paranoia. Elena talks about some conversation she walked in on where she's sure some girl was whispering about her but Paul was there and swears it was about nothing. Paul switches talk to Raven and says he doesn't know where she is but she was willing to be his pawn so he feels he owes her. He says he walks in on conversations with her but he tries not to concern himself.

My feeds are buffering like crazy so I guess that's a good sign to quit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BBViewer is my enabler.

Elena still complaining about Alex. She thinks Alex is setting her up as a next target. Paul says Alex isn't powerful. Elena says she's besties with Maven and is always laughing with them. Paul says that's how Maven play the game and people see that. Elena says they're floaters and "I don't have a lot of loyalty but at least I have loyalty to you." Paul says he warns her when he hears something but its usually about Mark and her association with him. Paul says Mark and Jess are both bad for Elena's game. Elena hates that because Paul and Jess are the two people she likes most. Elena's convinced she's going up on her birthday and Paul tells her to relax. Josh comes in and Paul says "the HOH says you're good you're good." Josh assures her she's good. Christmas joins. Elena says it feels like nothing's changed which has her stressed out. Paul says that's because they can't get out Jody and calls them cockroaches. Elena stressing more if Alex wins next week. Paul assures her that she's fine because one of Jody will be here. Josh "jokingly" says if he does Elena a solid he expects it back.
Elena kind of goes back and forth on if he's joking or not. Elena asks who the target is and they say its too early. Paul brings up how Jess and Cody refused to talk to him in Jess' HOH week and says to show them the same consideration if they try and talk.

Maven come up to say goodnight because there's an early morning comp. There were extended fish awhile ago and it sounds like they got production announcements that they'd have an early day tomorrow. So probably Safety Comp early on so they can get noms in later like last week. Talk shifts to the uncomfortable PDAs from Jody. Apparently Jess grabbed Cody's dick during the live show. Talk turns to general laughing at Cody's... Codyness. Paul has a growling frankenstein monster voice for him. He mocks Cody telling him he doesn't know the game when he got voted out second week.

Matt: Does Jess really like him? He's not fun! He's not fun! He's not fun! He is not fun, dude. I'm not even knocking him. He's just not fun!

Cody and Jess are giggling about eggplant. Oh thank God, Maven have gone to bed so there's someone else on that camera.

Christmas, Josh, and Paul left in HOH. While Paul pisses Christmas whispers to Josh "I love Paul but don't do everything he says." Good sign that Christmas is aware that Paul might set Josh up to get more blood on his hands than necessary to help his game. There could be an interesting dynamic between these three this week. Josh says Mark is annoying the gently caress out of him and is being as paranoid as possible. Paul says Mark's never been this nice to Josh. Christmas calls out Mark constantly threatening him about slop. Josh says he has to put him on slop now. Paul tells them about Mark saying he'll lose it and asking him to volunteer. Christmas says he should have thought that before he threw hot sauce in his face and says people are shortsighted in this game. Josh wants to make clear who he's working with and tell Mark to gently caress off but he knows that's not smart. Josh says he saw that Mark and Elena were pissed off after HOH and Elena went right to him asking if she was going up. Josh says every conversation he has with Elena she tries to get info. He says Elena drew a line and he has four targets. Christmas points out how nervous Elena got when Josh asked for a solid and that she was campaigning to get him out. Josh says he's "turned on" by Elena but "she played herself." Paul says Mark and Elena will be gunning for Safety. Josh says he's in a great position as HOH because he has 2 targets who hate him and 2 targets who voted against him. Christmas advises him to play nice just in case. Josh says he can with Jess but not Cody. Paul and Christmas say Jess is already playing nice and socializing. Paul says that's why Jess has to go first. He also indicates he'd like Elena out before Cody or Mark.

JodyCam switched to MarlenaCam when I had them muted. They're talking about how Mark is jealous of Paul. Elena reiterates there's no romance between them. Mark says its hard for him to control his emotions and his "blood boils." Elena complains that she likes Jessica so much and Mark says he likes Cody so much. Elena says it sucks.

Paul asks Christmas if her Ring of Replacement is still good (it should be). Christmas says she thinks so but she hasn't asked about it in weeks. Paul wants to put up Jess and Alex and use her ring to pull out Cody if he gets picked. Christmas asks why not just put them both up and make sure one is up at the end. Paul is overplaying and pushing hard. Christmas says it might be early to waste the Ring. Christmas points out that if she gets picked she can't use it to replace Cody. She says its late and she might just not be wrapping her mind around it. She says she'll check the details in DR and wait until after Safety to figure out. Paul can't help but do this. He needs to overcomplicate and micro manage poo poo and it could piss people off in a week that should be simple. Its also why Christmas warned Josh not to do everything he says.

Elena's reading the Bible and keeps acting like all the "righteous" stuff is about her and "lies" are about others. Its annoying.

Christmas and Elena complaining about Elena. Alex says she doesn't have the energy to deal with her tonight so she'll deal with it tomorrow. Alex says Mark didn't have answers in their talk, contradicted himself, and she called him out. They discuss the ideal boot order. Jessica is 1st but Elena could be 2nd. Christmas implying that if Jess gets safety Elena might be a good secondary target. I don't think that's going to work as they'll want to bust up Cody, but Elena could be the 3rd option over Mark. They talk about Elena not needing the Jury money. They talk about her being a floater and them laughing with Jody in their room. They think Maven won't flip but they're both annoyed at Matt not doing anything but also being reall pushy about stuff. Christmas says Matt's going to turn it on when they get to Jury. Alex asks if he's throwing comps and Christmas thinks "all of them" are (Mark, Elena, Raven, Matt). Christmas says the two of them had a rocky start but she has her back. Alex says they work the same and compete. Alex says she was concerned early on that Christmas would just be carried because of her foot but she's been working her rear end off while others float. Christmas says her meds kicked in midway through the stoplight comp and she got stoned. Christmas says she wants to get as far as she can and they can cut her when she's dead weight. Alex says she had those concerns but not anymore and she deserves to be here. Christmas says she's got a social game and thinks she can work it. Alex says Derrick didn't have to win HOHs. She says there's at least six people she wants out before Christmas. Christmas warns Alex not to openly say she wants Maven out. Alex wants to get Josh (later, not now) to take out Raven because it would be messy. Both ladies REALLY want to get out Mark. Alex is excited to try and get out Jessica finally. They discuss cat ears and Jess' jealousy. Alex, "There's something not right about him." Christmas says Cody admitted he faked his psych tests. They lament that if Megan hadn't self evicted neither one of them would have been on the block in Week 1 and things wouldn't have been as complicated. They discuss that Elena is a good game player but she hosed up with Mark and is now backtracking. They both say she's manipulating Josh and Christmas says she's trying with Jason now. Alex just noticed that tonight. Alex tells Christmas Kevin loves her (Xmas) and hates Raven. Apparently Elena swiped Christmas' foot pillow. They complain about Raven not going a day without using her illness as an excuse.

Alex/Christmas is a very interesting and unexpected twist to this game. They've been getting close for a couple of weeks but that was a very deep and serious game talk.

Josh joins them (Jason came and went without a care in the world). Josh says he needs one of them to win Safety because he wants Cody/Jess noms with Mark and Elena as backups. They all laugh about Josh winning, all their reactions, and Julie saying "meatball."

Alex tries to scare Cody (she thought it was Jason) and Cody goes all tough guy spoil sport and says she shouldn't sneak up on him.

Alex debriefs the Christmas stuff with Jason. She's good to take Christmas to 6 and cut her. Its a long way to there and Christmas has proven herself very good at this side of the game. Alex says Christmas wants to work with them and has proven she's a competitor. Jason says something weird about how he was flirting with her to make her think he likes her so she'd stop badmouthing him so now he needs to tell her he doesn't. Huh? Not only does Christmas not badmouth Jason but I don't think anyone thought he was coming on to her. Jason's head game is something else.

Alex: What?
Jason: I can't believe you can not process information.
Alex: I am running on like 2 hours of sleep and this much food. I don't know how these bitches are doing it just drinking protein shakes but I'm about to die. I need loving real loving food. I swear to loving God if someone throws another protein shake at me I'm going to take that protein shake, shove it so far up their rear end in a top hat it comes out their mouth. I don't want a protein shake! I want a cheeseburger! I'm getting a little bit crazy!

Christmas telling Mark about her recovery. She got the stitches out and a new cast earlier this week. She says her next appointment is 3 weeks and she could get a boot instead of a cast. She's trying not to get too high expectations.

Alex: Oh my God, I poked myself in the eye because i thought I saw a spider!

Everyone's in bed so no more game talk. I'm going to bed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I can't wait for Jess to dump his rear end the moment they are out of the house and she realizes they aren't Jeff and Jordan.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

They are way closer to Amanda/McCray, just gross for different reasons.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Now Jess is fantasizing about them announcing her pregnancy to Cody on a live show.

What

Cody: Chill, chill, chill. You ok? Don't... Jessica, you must remain calm. You have to think for three.

What

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 4, 2017

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Professor Shark posted:

What

What

No way. I wondered about that quote but there's no way.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I think a few days ago Jess has said she hasn't had her period since coming on to the show, which is understandable with all the stress. But...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they're joking, but yeah. These two are just really, really deeply lost in obsession with each other and... I don't know how to describe it. It's weird.

But also she hasn't had her period, they've had a ton of unprotected sex, and she wasn't taking her birth control when the show started. I know all this because she talks about it very openly.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What would production even do if Jess went into the DR and wanted to have an abortion? That would be quite the bad situation for the show, has she requested a test?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I think they're joking, but yeah. These two are just really, really deeply lost in obsession with each other and... I don't know how to describe it. It's weird.

But also she hasn't had her period, they've had a ton of unprotected sex, and she wasn't taking her birth control when the show started. I know all this because she talks about it very openly.

Holy crap I remember that at the beginning of the show, I didn't realize that it still hadn't shown up

Good lord

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In non Lifetime Movie news...

Before the Wakeup Music Josh and Christmas got together and Josh revealed that he wants Elena out. Cody and Jess remain the main targets and he's fine with one of them going, but he'd like one of them to save themselves so he can backdoor Elena. He says Elena is "locked in" with Paul and six others (I didn't catch all their names). He notes how good she is at arguing and defending her case (not good enough that everyone hasn't noticed). They both are sketched out by how Elena dropped Mark and floats back and forth. Josh sees that Elena is good for Paul's game so doesn't want him to know any of this. She warns Josh about leaving Paul and Elena alone and Josh notes that Paul sent him out of his own HOH room last night to get water leaving him alone with Elena. Both recognize that Jody would be house shields to cover them. Christmas warns him not to do it without a serious case against her and having votes locked in. Christmas suggests talking to Jess before noms and trying to set up a "bigger plan" but Josh wisely says if he does that Jess will just snake him. Christmas says Jess will choose Cody if its him or Elena. They think they might have the votes with Kevin, Jason, Alex, and Jess. Then some general complaining about how Jess turns everything into a joke when she gets mad (she really does, I hate people like her).

Incidentally if they cut a deal with Jody to vote out Elena that's super untrustworthy and is going to blow up in their faces. But I think this is only a thing if Jess or Cody win Safety/POV and even then Cody and Jess have a way of making sure they're the target.

Either way we have our first real hints of the house turning away from Paul and playing independent of him, and its coming from Christmas and Josh. How about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

What would production even do if Jess went into the DR and wanted to have an abortion? That would be quite the bad situation for the show, has she requested a test?

If there's a fetus I hope it can compete in a veto competition.

• Locked thread