Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Yeah, I'd love some Ultraman merch!

:stare:

Maybe not those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only big one in this country is also a bar.

e: They also like to advertise Yugoslavian surplus merchandise as genocide stuff. Like "genocide parka" or "genocide beret".

Hmm, tough call. I mean, a surplus store in a bar is pretty baller.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Duh Ugh posted:

Hmm, tough call. I mean, a surplus store in a bar is pretty baller.

No it's a bar inside a surplus store. They only opened the bar last year I think.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I bought a LeEco Le Max 2 and Meizu EP-51 headphones since I hadn't bought a brand new cellphone for myself since 2004. Same hardware as a Galaxy S7, but at a third of the price. 5,7" 2560*1440 screen. Needed some de-chinification of the interface, but runs what seems to be decently stock Android. Big black border around the screen, no NFC and the vibration is pretty weak, but otherwise a good flagship phone for just $200. Nice metal body construction, and comes with screen protector installed, and a TPU cover to use while you wait for other covers from eBay.

The headphones were $30. They are a very bright in the treble but have decent bass. The volume dongle pulls them to the side, which can be annoying, but totally worth the money otherwise.

HUGE upgrade from my previously owned iPhone 5S with wired headphones.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Look kinda similar to the Anker sets I buy off of Amazon for around the same. Kinda prefer Amazon because they show up the next-day and accept refunds. YMMV.

What's the best/go-to Ali store for leggings?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh yeah I just meant that they literally cost next to nothing to make or ship. Good on whoever manages to sell them.

I lost the first P-38 I bought almost immediately after getting it, so I bought a pack of like 20 to keep in a ziplock bag. It's a lot easier to keep track of.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

chitoryu12 posted:

I lost the first P-38 I bought almost immediately after getting it, so I bought a pack of like 20 to keep in a ziplock bag. It's a lot easier to keep track of.

In that case, it totally seems worth 80 cents to get one that never fails.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am actually at the stage where a lot of what I get on AliExpress are re-orders of products I found really useful. Anyone else re-ordered anything yet?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I am actually at the stage where a lot of what I get on AliExpress are re-orders of products I found really useful. Anyone else re-ordered anything yet?

I've ordered hydrogel beads several times, used them and dollar store vases to make some cute lucky bamboo planters and then dumped the leftovers in my houseplants.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

evobatman posted:

I bought a LeEco Le Max 2 and Meizu EP-51 headphones since I hadn't bought a brand new cellphone for myself since 2004. Same hardware as a Galaxy S7, but at a third of the price. 5,7" 2560*1440 screen. Needed some de-chinification of the interface, but runs what seems to be decently stock Android. Big black border around the screen, no NFC and the vibration is pretty weak, but otherwise a good flagship phone for just $200. Nice metal body construction, and comes with screen protector installed, and a TPU cover to use while you wait for other covers from eBay.

The headphones were $30. They are a very bright in the treble but have decent bass. The volume dongle pulls them to the side, which can be annoying, but totally worth the money otherwise.

HUGE upgrade from my previously owned iPhone 5S with wired headphones.

Er... LeEco isn't doing great right now so please take care of your phone

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Pick posted:

Waterproof zippered quilt and linen storage bags. My closet has never looked better and I can zip lavender satchets into them.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ordered the poo poo out of that cute whale :3

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: They also like to advertise Yugoslavian surplus merchandise as genocide stuff. Like "genocide parka" or "genocide beret".

If you search genocide on aliexpress:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Varusteleka rules

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

walgreenslatino posted:

Varusteleka rules

Yeah nah they manufacture and sell a "nazi card" because they are perfectly comfortable with knowing about 100% of their clientele is literal nazis.

Pewdiepie posted:

If you search genocide on aliexpress:

It's really hosed up that the shirt is accurate :(

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I saw this earlier and was sad because my boyfriend has expressly forbidden me from buying cute spice jars (and since he does 80% of the normal cooking and 99% of the spice using, I don't think this is actually unfair), but I just realised I can use these to store my dry make-up ingredients! This is going to make my workspace infinitely more tidy and efficient (and also prettier). Ordered two sets, crossing my fingers that they turn up without any cracks!

To return the favour of linking cute storage things, I just got my order of 10 tin book boxes. I'm super happy with them, but make sure you check the measurements first (a lot of people leave feedback about these being smaller than they expected).

You can also get them singly from other sellers, but literally what is even the point of getting them if not to line them all up together in a row on a mini bookshelf??

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Pick posted:

Sticker packs mostly, since I'm not super concerned about repeats in covering my toolbox.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I will be ordering more googly eyes. Once I use up the rest of my last 100. Once I buy a new glue gun. Because I can't find where the wife has hidden the last two I bought.

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 4, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

taqueso posted:

In that case, it totally seems worth 80 cents to get one that never fails.

Just keep in mind that P-38s are an absolute bitch to use. You basically hook the can opener onto the lip of the can, then grab the big flat part with your thumb and forefinger and press down hard until the tip punctures the can. You move it over a little, puncture, repeat. It takes a pretty long time and a few dozen punctures, and your fingers start to hurt before you're halfway through. If you go a little bit too far, you'll just poke another hole instead of making one long cut around the lid; too many mistakes like that and the lid won't come off.

It's really only good for ultralight backpacking or serious emergency situations where there's no other can opener around.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Just keep in mind that P-38s are an absolute bitch to use. You basically hook the can opener onto the lip of the can, then grab the big flat part with your thumb and forefinger and press down hard until the tip punctures the can. You move it over a little, puncture, repeat. It takes a pretty long time and a few dozen punctures, and your fingers start to hurt before you're halfway through. If you go a little bit too far, you'll just poke another hole instead of making one long cut around the lid; too many mistakes like that and the lid won't come off.

It's really only good for ultralight backpacking or serious emergency situations where there's no other can opener around.

They can also slice you up pretty good if you slip. Still safer than using a belt knife and a rock to get into cans though.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Some more knockoff Lego arrived in the mail...

Two more non-trademark infringing restaurants for my collection.

Once again, there are a number of random unused parts with these kits.

Also, Mr. Kentucky pays a visit to a restaurant that is very much like the one he owns. He seems to like to travel with his pet chicken and what I assume to be his mandolin.

This guy showed up as well. He appears to be upset about his ill fitting hat.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
holy poo poo that trump

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah nah they manufacture and sell a "nazi card"

welp

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Link to trump Lego please

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah nah they manufacture and sell a "nazi card" because they are perfectly comfortable with knowing about 100% of their clientele is literal nazis.

link pls

gonna clean up at the next gun show

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I think this is it:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bui...2801733626.html

The same page has an amazing baby Groot:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I picked it up from this seller along with a few others. Not bad for a little over $1 Canadian each with free shipping.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I use total wireless which uses Verizons towers. Is there a good phone under 200 that'll work on this shiz?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

You're trolling, right? This is NOT how you use one of them! I used to open cans with them when I was a kid. The only difficult part is when you do wedge it against the tin and puncture through BUT then, keeping it in the groove pressing against the tin and using it as a brace, move it up and down at an angle to cut the tin open. It's so easy and quick.

Here a goddamn video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCY6n5Mcgk

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 4, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

link pls

Make sure that you throw in some free Chinese arsenic jerky with every purchase. Tell them that it's Norinco brand and Clinton banned it in '94 so you're never gonna see it again.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

????????????????????????????????????????????????

e: I got mine here https://www.sciplus.com/p/GI-CAN-OPENER_33105 years ago

snoo fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 4, 2017

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

I use total wireless which uses Verizons towers. Is there a good phone under 200 that'll work on this shiz?

I don't know about phones that'll work on Verizon's towers but I stumbled upon this sub-reddit for a phone manufacturer that sells on Aliexpress - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

Almost certainly, you can always look at which bands you'd need a phone to support to work on your network of choice.
https://www.signalbooster.com/pages/what-are-the-cellular-frequencies-of-cell-phone-carriers-in-usa-canada

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, I'd love some Ultraman merch!

:stare:

Maybe not those.

How are these not computer mice.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I ordered the large size of this compost bag and it seems alright, it's bigger than I expected and the tarpaulin material seems pretty sturdy while being compact enough for them to roll it up into a big envelope for shipping. I've also seen the exact same bag listed as a planter for potatoes where you could use the flap on the bottom to harvest the tubers without having to dig them up so I always have that as a backup use.

Pictured next to the plastic bin I've been using to compost for scale.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

link pls

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-nazi-card/14669

quote:

Statistic: We sell about 15,000 of these things per year. If you think that this is just a bad joke, then you are wrong - the majority has spoken!

:hitler:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Mine's just going to go into my "crazy person trunk survival kit" because what if I spin off the road into a snowbank with only 30 cans of chili for winter

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Only 30 cans?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jerry Cotton posted:

Please link this place

E-oh is it varistaleka or whatever ok I'll google myself nm

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sounds like late game equipment from a Shin Megami Tensei title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

Sounds like late game equipment from a Shin Megami Tensei title.