Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Does it really need saying?

White Coke posted:

Have you done anything with the drillshaft, or whatever it's called, the pipe-spear?

Not much, and since we're starved for weapon space (to the point of throwing out decent ones), I think we'll be dumping it soon. Possibly the Ice Rod too, TBD.

Wow, poo poo. I didn't even think about Chelsea Manning at all. Seeing a few avenues for it being considered offensive now, balls.

snograt posted:

I took it as "let's name the toilet after that sports player on the team we don't like." The disabled part was just latched on to, unfortunately.

This was the joke I was aiming for. I basically only said "handicapped bathroom" because the person before me used that exact phrase, and I'm a little hardwired when I'm bouncing a joke off of someone to match their phrasing as closely as possible, and it didn't even occur to me until it was far too late that there might be unintended implications from using the phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ricdesi posted:

Not much, and since we're starved for weapon space (to the point of throwing out decent ones), I think we'll be dumping it soon. Possibly the Ice Rod too, TBD.

One thing that strikes me is that you're far too conservative about using up your weapons. There's literally an infinite supply of good weapons if you know where to look plus an equally infinite supply of decent weapons that will literally fall in your lap (and you've got the Master Sword to fall back on in a pinch) so there's absolutely zero reason to hoard the low and mid-tier stuff ever. Like, you're still toting around a sledgehammer, for heaven's sake.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

I wanna say we toss the sledgehammer in the next few episodes, and the Drillshaft will be quick to follow. At this point, good weapons are everywhere, there's no reason for us to hang onto much for sentimentality's sake. Pretty much aiming for Master Sword + Lightscale Trident + Guardian weapon + Fire weapon + Electric weapon + Ice weapon + wooden weapon.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

ricdesi posted:

Wow, poo poo. I didn't even think about Chelsea Manning at all. Seeing a few avenues for it being considered offensive now, balls.

This was the joke I was aiming for. I basically only said "handicapped bathroom" because the person before me used that exact phrase, and I'm a little hardwired when I'm bouncing a joke off of someone to match their phrasing as closely as possible, and it didn't even occur to me until it was far too late that there might be unintended implications from using the phrase.
Always try to be a mind reader when making jokes, so that people will understand it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Basic comedy protocol: read the room, pitch to the audience, if you flub accept it and move on. Even the pros in a venue they know by heart might only land 80%.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Charity comedy protocol: They didn't pay to hear your jokes, offend everyone as much as you want. What are they going to do? Throw money at you?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Also they're lucky they took the high road to skull lake. The low road, while it has some crazy rock scenery, also has... challenges.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Scalding Coffee posted:

Charity comedy protocol: They didn't pay to hear your jokes, offend everyone as much as you want. What are they going to do? Throw money at you?

In this case he could get fired though. So the exact opposite of having money thrown at him.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

ricdesi posted:

I wanna say we toss the sledgehammer in the next few episodes, and the Drillshaft will be quick to follow. At this point, good weapons are everywhere, there's no reason for us to hang onto much for sentimentality's sake. Pretty much aiming for Master Sword + Lightscale Trident + Guardian weapon + Fire weapon + Electric weapon + Ice weapon + wooden weapon.

Also, if you don't want to lose some of the rare/unique weapons (like the Champion ones), buy a house and let the best character in the game build you some weapon mounts.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Zopotantor posted:

Also, if you don't want to lose some of the rare/unique weapons (like the Champion ones), buy a house and let the best character in the game build you some weapon mounts.
They'll have to get over their terminal fear of selling things and get some actual money first ;)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So when you're in just regular ol' extreme temperatures rather than DOES NOT COMPUTE volcanic heat, have a look at what happens when you have a magic burning or freezing sword strapped to your back.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

White Coke posted:

In this case he could get fired though. So the exact opposite of having money thrown at him.

Thankfully, it didn't end up going that far (even though I had a black hole in my stomach the rest of the day, freaking out about the possibility).

Zopotantor posted:

You know what, I think we're gonna do just that!

And now that we're back in action for the week...

Part 93: "If You Had a Bunch of Teeth in Your Mouth"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY0BIgjknc

Part 94: "Use Your Thing"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f8bXfJXQ8o

Part 95: "Coat Full of Meat"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1GKQ0Y6fUQ

Part 96: "Deleting poo poo off of Our iPhone"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApPJh6hx9Yo

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Try and remember where all those symbols were on the statues. It'll be crucial to some DEEP ZELDA LORE* later on in Gerudo Town. (*lore may not actually be deep)

Nice job piecing it all together, too!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
And back to having watched three out of four episodes with a fifth one available on Youtube... :unsmith:
Have you tried uploading the links on SA at the same time you start the upload on YT? ;)

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

I would, but I don't think you'd like seeing a dead link for three to twelve hours while it uploads and sits in the scheduling queue ;)

All seriousness though, we got a bit backed up and things went briefly awry -- last week was two days behind, so 94 and 95 were weekend videos, 96 went up at the start of yesterday and 97 went up late. Also tricky since I'm posting here from work, and doing that every couple hours in various threads makes me look pretty lazy, so I try to post when I don't have people literally right next to me.

But we're back on track again, prepping for a 100th episode special at the end of the week (which was what bonked the schedule around in the first place). Should be a fun one!

And speaking of Part 97...

Part 97: "Into the Bone Desert"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mf-zJf9-k4

Part 98 coming in like... an hour and a half.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

And here it is!

Part 98: "loving Everything Up, As Usual"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEU1t8rC4Rw

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Yeah, Lindsey can kind of gently caress off with *saving us time*. It does not save time when I go back trying to pause at the exact right millisecond to read the text.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I wanted to make some comment when I watched Bone Desert last night, but I've forgotten what it was so pretend I said something insightful.

Edit: Ah yes! The giant (non-animated) skeletons are called Leviathans in the game. Three of them have intact skulls that let you kinda guess what they're supposed to be references to.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 26, 2017

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Thesaya posted:

Yeah, Lindsey can kind of gently caress off with *saving us time*. It does not save time when I go back trying to pause at the exact right millisecond to read the text.

Yeah, I'm wrangling back control for Part 100. It's bad enough that it was too fast for you guys to be able to catch the dialogue, but I've also never seen any of this before, and it's hard as poo poo to commentate if I have no idea what's going on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The outfit that launched a thousand fanarts.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You have to draw pictures on sleeping people.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

So hey, just to keep you guys on the up and up, there is a chance that Part 99 goes up early tomorrow instead of today -- we're recording our 100th episode special late tonight and between exporting and uploading, it probably wouldn't make it online until after midnight as is. If that's the case, Part 99 will be the first thing online tomorrow (possibly as early as 10am eastern), with Part 100 coming at the end of the day.

Just wanna make sure no one's F5ing and getting pissed off -- cheers!

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Another quick update -- so we were planning to sit down and record Parts 100 & 101 last night, but some unforeseen circumstances wound up with it being really really infeasible, and the end result would have been a complete garbage milestone video and followup.

So instead, we're gonna be pausing for the weekend, recording our special on Sunday, and moving forward starting Monday.

Parts 99-103 will land Monday through Friday, we'll have Parts 104/105 on Saturday and Sunday, then we're back on track with Part 106 on Monday the 7th.

I'm really bummed that the 100th episode special has to be delayed, but in the choice between "now, but lovely" and "later, but good", later just has to win.

Shigeru Miyamoto, 1996 posted:

A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do you finally get rid of the drillshaft in episode 100?

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Probably not in 100. Probably in 101.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's weird that you've been all over the map but the warm doublet is still your only piece of temperature-relevant clothing.

At least there's this set bonus. Kind of.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did they explore half the map at this point or are there just one more rear end Creed tower to climb?

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Did they explore half the map at this point or are there just one more rear end Creed tower to climb?
About three or four towers left, I think, based on the chunks of unrevealed map.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Alright, let's get this show back on the road. Today, we're talking Dream Daddy (while Lindsay fails to get a grip on the controls, somehow)

Part 99: "Dream Daddy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyY8OeKkHl0

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Edit: Decided to hold off until I finished watching the episode.

Editedit; Yep, that was a good call. never mind.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 1, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He wouldn't be outed all the time if he stopped admitting to it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. Now that you mention it, it would be kind of neat if all the Gerudo who'd been outside the city for a while could see through your disguise. It seems a little odd that the Hylia statue is just kind of parked out in the street with no fanfare, but then again, that's probably how the Gerudo would treat a god.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Glazius posted:

Huh. Now that you mention it, it would be kind of neat if all the Gerudo who'd been outside the city for a while could see through your disguise. It seems a little odd that the Hylia statue is just kind of parked out in the street with no fanfare, but then again, that's probably how the Gerudo would treat a god.

The woman sitting next to it said that none of the Gerudo care about Hylia nowadays.

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Sooooooooooo

Twilight Princess HD: "The Sound of Stalfos"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FhYouca2wM

ricdesi
Mar 18, 2014

Alright, now time for the real 100th episode special and/or humiliation conga:

Part 100: "Splenondorf"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSsb5zIpu6Q

savixeon
Oct 22, 2016
Rick, do you remember what happens when you correctly dodge an enemy's attack by back flipping or side hopping? Because its just as helpful as parrying an enemy's attack. In my opinion it is a lot more helpful than parrying.

Edit: On the subject of Talus killing, I find it a lot easier to just run around to the back of the Talus and climb up them. Its harder for them to hit you if you stick close to their legs when you run to their back since they can't throw their hands at you and if they decide to fall on their face it takes a few seconds and as long as you keep moving to their back you'll be out of the way when they hit the ground. Then just climb up to the deposit, hit it a few times, then jump off before you get thrown off so you don't get hurt.

savixeon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 3, 2017

MrLamo2k1
Dec 11, 2003

The new sheriff in town
It's probably worth mentioning that rather than bombing crates you should give 'em a good whack with a two handed weapon. That way you won't have to fumble around finding all the stuff that's gone flying. It's especially useful in later trials when things get a little... breezy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Remembering to take a high level buff with them when they do this quest, would be a big help. Not like we are getting new content at this rate.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
No fair - someone already spoke to Hestu nekky off-camera - his first reaction is longer and funnier.

Also, all of you seem very resistant to using spin-to-win - it can be very useful in places. I dealt with most scary enemies with a combination of stasis and a high level two-hander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

snograt posted:

Also, all of you seem very resistant to using spin-to-win - it can be very useful in places. I dealt with most scary enemies with a combination of stasis and a high level two-hander.

I think they also rarely (never?) use the bow while flying, a mechanic I absolutely love.

• Locked thread