Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/fivek/status/893150414098636802

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the bitcoin of weed posted:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/893135363694354434

holy poo poo she's younger than I am and looks older than my aunt

man i seriously would have guessed she was early 40s. yikes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol it's funny because this is the same thing nazis do when told of the death of jews

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lol it's funny because this is the same thing nazis do when told of the death of jews

it's completely different because one of those affects me

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/876420399650701312

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

david spade lookin ruff

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
is bruce willis bad now, this is incredibly important

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
my dad met him once in a bar. says he was a douche and he ended up talking to bruce's bodyguard.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

wait

wait

perfect

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

So hey - there's another alt-right 'Freedom Rally' being held in Portland, Oregon this Sunday.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1942513745960993/

Portland's been really hot and really smoggy these past few days; let's check that weather forecast for Sunday:

And - just for funsies - let's see what the air quality's been like lately, cause a lot of smoke from those BC fires has blanketed the PNW:

Looks like the MAGA LARPer set might be in for a world of hurt, courtesy of Mother Nature.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i like that the role of the alt-right woman is to agree with the men and then get married have kids and shut up

even isis brides have more agency

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

my dad met him once in a bar. says he was a douche and he ended up talking to bruce's bodyguard.

Heard the same thing from my sisters friend who had to work with him on a set. ON the topic of Oregon, isn't true that most people don't own AC up there?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crowsbeak posted:

Heard the same thing from my sisters friend who had to work with him on a set. ON the topic of Oregon, isn't true that most people don't own AC up there?

And what AC they do have is not designed for these conditions, a friend of mine is having real trouble coping. Apparently they're in a literal stage of emergency and setting up crisis centres, with sports arenas and such letting people in just to have functional air conditioning.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Inescapable Duck posted:

And what AC they do have is not designed for these conditions, a friend of mine is having real trouble coping. Apparently they're in a literal stage of emergency and setting up crisis centres, with sports arenas and such letting people in just to have functional air conditioning.

Welcome to Louisiana's world. :smug:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

God will teach these privileged northern fucks about the swamp-rear end I have had to suffer through in Texas all my life

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Inescapable Duck posted:

Yup. It's true. I'm in Seattle, and in a normal summer, it barely gets above 80, much less 95+. So when these heat waves hit, most of us don't have the AC to bask in for relief. So the cities and towns host cooling centers, and publish locations for them. We even have grocery stores giving away free water, so people don't get dehydrated.

And the wildfire smoke also means that we can't open windows, to get a breeze in, either.

Sure gonna suck to march for freedom in this weather :patriot: If it's still smoky, that might prove to be more of a problem than the heat.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 09:15 on Aug 4, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/WilliamFFuckley/status/893395690323312640

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
interesting and i actually give him props but i still think he's gonna lose the case. his argument here is that the SPLC can't prove "imminence" (imminent threat of bodily harm for instance). while that could work in a lot of free speech cases, the SPLC isn't trying to prove imminence, but is going after anglin for invasion of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional distress + malice and for violating the montana anti-intimidation act. if you can prove a sustained, deliberate harassment campaign and can prove emotional distress, i don't think "imminence" has to apply.

IEED laws were set up specifically to relax the imminence standard. intent, recklessness, extreme/outrageous conduct, and evidence of severe distress specifically caused by all that is the standard.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 12:00 on Aug 4, 2017

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I listened to like 10 mins of the new statesman podcast which is like the most libs.txt podcast in the UK.

They were talking about how they get into arguments with the "alt-left", is that actually a thing or is it just dumb liberal horseshoe theory poo poo where alt right = immigrant killing Nazis and alt left = sweary people trying to stop the Nazis and supposedly they're both just as bad as each other?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

alt right = immigrant killing Nazis and alt left = sweary people trying to stop the Nazis
so, we can clearly define the alt-right, and define some of the movement's leaders, right? you got the identitarians like Spencer, you got the grifters like Gorillaman/Milo, and then you got all of the pundit leeches who've attached themselves for the sweet, sweet altright bux, like Sargon/PJW/Lauren/countless others. All of them pretty much regurgitate the same message: SJW = bad, Islam = bad, Blacks = crime machines, "The Regressive Left", some flavour of White Genocide, etc.

id dare any of these people to try to define an "alt-left", with both leaders and central message, as comprehensively as the "alt-right" can. (hint: they can't, the alt-left doesn't actually exist)

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The alt-left would presumably be organized horizontally without a clear or accountable hierarchy a la OWS or BLM.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kjoery posted:

so, we can clearly define the alt-right, and define some of the movement's leaders, right? you got the identitarians like Spencer, you got the grifters like Gorillaman/Milo, and then you got all of the pundit leeches who've attached themselves for the sweet, sweet altright bux, like Sargon/PJW/Lauren/countless others. All of them pretty much regurgitate the same message: SJW = bad, Islam = bad, Blacks = crime machines, "The Regressive Left", some flavour of White Genocide, etc.

id dare any of these people to try to define an "alt-left", with both leaders and central message, as comprehensively as the "alt-right" can. (hint: they can't, the alt-left doesn't actually exist)

They'd just sputter something about Bernie Bros before returning to sucking off oil conglomerates for hiring lgbtq executives

Oh unless you're talking about the right wing spazzes defining an "alt-left", at which case they'd just sputter something about antifa before returning to sucking off each other for saying "u got raped" to someone while playing Overwatch

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inescapable Duck posted:

a friend of mine in the Netherlands said it was much the same there last summer. almost no private homes have AC, even in the cities, and a real scorching summer made a lot of homes in the cities practically unlivable

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

nopantsjack posted:

I listened to like 10 mins of the new statesman podcast which is like the most libs.txt podcast in the UK.

They were talking about how they get into arguments with the "alt-left", is that actually a thing or is it just dumb liberal horseshoe theory poo poo where alt right = immigrant killing Nazis and alt left = sweary people trying to stop the Nazis and supposedly they're both just as bad as each other?

Yeah you got it.

The alt left is mostly used in reference to the online left that spends their days dunking on the alt righters as opposed to adding them to The Discourse

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

"Alt-left" is like "reverse racist". You can safely write off anyone who sincerely uses either term as a drooling moron.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Alt-Left is mostly used by Hill People or Sean Hannity.

Chapo/Dirtbag left often gets the ALT LEFT label.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Ah Jim "stock google image search of orbital fracture" Hoft

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the altleft is a botnet operated by chapo at the command of putin himself

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

the altleft is a botnet operated by chapo at the command of putin himself

Putin funding both sides... checks out.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Whenever I've seen people refer to an "alt-left", they're invariably referring to some part of the constellation of groups makes up the anti-corporate/globalism left that participates in direct action, so some combination of antifa, anarchists, radical enrivonmentalists, etc. that the far right conflates together. I don't know that I've ever heard anyone talk about the "alt-left" who isn't alt-right though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Azathoth posted:

Whenever I've seen people refer to an "alt-left", they're invariably referring to some part of the constellation of groups makes up the anti-corporate/globalism left that participates in direct action, so some combination of antifa, anarchists, radical enrivonmentalists, etc. that the far right conflates together. I don't know that I've ever heard anyone talk about the "alt-left" who isn't alt-right though.

It seems to be taking off among centrist Democrats to smear the Bernie left when 'BernieBro' is too obvious. The alt-center?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

how the gently caress did i end up in this thread

juche avocado has issued a correction as of 16:58 on Aug 4, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

It seems to be taking off among centrist Democrats to smear the Bernie left when 'BernieBro' is too obvious. The alt-center?

Yeah, I've heard ALT LEFT mostly from centre-right dems.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it just means actual leftists, in contrast with centrist dem dipshits who've been programmed to think democrats are "the left" and are very upset to have this fiction shattered

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
alt-nilhist here

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

alt-nilhist here

i believe in everything

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Charlottesville rally on the 12th is gonna be pretty big I think. From TX fash discord:

quote:

My group is taking 6 vans, pulling people from Houston, SA, Austin, DFW, Midland/Odessa, and Oklahoma. We've got more room if anyone wants to tag along. It's $150 for a seat and then you'll have to get your own accommodations or sleep in a tent as our Airbnb is full. We've already got 20 in a 14 person house.
Pull in the rest of the south, east coast, etc. and they'll probably have a few hundred I bet. Though as a matter of perspective, before the National Alliance broke apart they managed to get 475 of their members, KKK, Aryan Nations skinheads, etc. to march in Washington D.C. in 2002. Some of the chatter at Stormfront has been mentioning that march in discussion about Unite the Right, so I suppose they've got fond memories of it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/892923588629729281

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/893218857904726019

oh my god she's STILL on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The Charlottesville rally on the 12th is gonna be pretty big I think. From TX fash discord:

Pull in the rest of the south, east coast, etc. and they'll probably have a few hundred I bet. Though as a matter of perspective, before the National Alliance broke apart they managed to get 475 of their members, KKK, Aryan Nations skinheads, etc. to march in Washington D.C. in 2002. Some of the chatter at Stormfront has been mentioning that march in discussion about Unite the Right, so I suppose they've got fond memories of it.

why charlottesville? because they're reasonably sure they won't have much opposition?