Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

nine-gear crow posted:

It's already up there :eng101:

If I request something extra hard that summons an LPer from the mists armed with a fully completed LP right? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is it okay to request an LP for a demo? If so, then because it was released relatively recently, I'd like someone to try out The Seventh Stand User 2: Fate Is Unbreakable. Preferably in an SSLP.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Junpei posted:

Is it okay to request an LP for a demo? If so, then because it was released relatively recently, I'd like someone to try out The Seventh Stand User 2: Fate Is Unbreakable. Preferably in an SSLP.

There's... really nothing to LP there. There's no combat, no sidequests, nothing. When they said it was a demo they meant it.

serefin99 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 23, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Junpei posted:

I... honestly don't know what the hell you're even requesting here :confused:

Are you requesting an LP of the game's demo version? Also, fangames are kind of a weird grey area when it comes to the request list. I'm not opposed to adding them, but again I'm not sure what you're asking for with this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Nevermind. Forget it. I'd like to see someone LP Akiba's Beat, though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I would like someone to LP either Assassins Creed III or Unity in the near future. Especially if the latter's dubbed in French.

Also Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 26, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I'd like to request an LP of The Letter, a horror visual novel that has a stupidly large number of choices and decent production values.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I'm requesting Pyre, since judging by the previews I'd enjoy the music and visuals and setting but actualyy have no fun playing it whatsoever.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
I'd like to request that someone take another crack at LP'ing StarTopia. Dr Snofeld did a StarTopia LP in 2010 that has now fallen into the forum archives, and all of its images are now broken links as they seem to have vanished from lpix.org. So for all practical purposes, there's no longer an LP of the game. It was a neat little base-management game with a fun, quirky atmosphere and I'd love to see it shown off to people, but I can't LP it myself for many reasons. (For one thing, I've lost the copy I used to own.) So I'd at least like to see someone else show this game off; it deserves to be better known.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'd like to request Nioh. Someone (can't remember who) was doing one, but ended up only showing a live playthrough IIRC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Haerc posted:

I'd like to request Nioh. Someone (can't remember who) was doing one, but ended up only showing a live playthrough IIRC.

What, you weren't satisfied with MNIMNgaming's first ever YouTube Let's Play (please like and subscribe) of Nioh? :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they did take down their videos.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

What, you weren't satisfied with MNIMNgaming's first ever YouTube Let's Play (please like and subscribe) of Nioh? :v:

It wasn't that guy, it was a forums regular whose LP's I'd watched and enjoyed before.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
I know SlowBeef played Nioh a bit on his channel. I watched some of the videos, they were pretty good.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Haerc posted:

Was it this LP?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Yep. Anyone know why he decided to only do the blind playthrough?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I don't see any games I want to re-request this month, so I'll put in a request for a new game: Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I think I saw some people interested in LPing that game.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Please put Grimoire on the list. Any format will do. Scare/facecam acceptable.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't see any games I want to re-request this month, so I'll put in a request for a new game: Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I think I saw some people interested in LPing that game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816323

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think that LP's dead. :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

I think that LP's dead. :(

Oh, I didn't get to the end yet. :blush:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I don't know if Steam titles are subject to the six month rule or not, but if so then once the time is up I'd love to see a VLP of The Long Dark.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
what six month rule? i thought the six month rule was deeeead

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blind Sally posted:

what six month rule? i thought the six month rule was deeeead
It is super dead.

Edit Hell, let's put it this way: There's a discussion a few weeks back about how to handle Persona 5's post-release LP embargo.

There was a thread up in less than a week.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Also I feel like The Long Dark has been in early access for over a year, so it'd probably be cool to do even if that rule was still in place.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Six month rule died years ago. It became the three month rule, and then with things like Early Access and DLC muddying the waters it kinda became pointless and the whole rule got killed off entirely.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think I requested it before, but it's not on the list so here goes again; Brute Force, the old Xbox one (as in the OG Xbox, not the third Xbox, which they called they Xbox One) third-person shooter squad game. I have fond memories of playing it as a kid, and curious how it holds up, among other things.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 15, 2017

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I want to request Outlast 2.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I have a sudden hankering for Tales of Legendia so I'm gonna request a SSLP. Kinda want to see all the Tales games have one since we have the entire PS3 generation done and then some.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Rimworld seems like it would be a great platform for an LP, so I'm surprised that nobody's tried it yet. It's like a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress, and I know how successful that game's been on here.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Solitair posted:

Rimworld seems like it would be a great platform for an LP, so I'm surprised that nobody's tried it yet. It's like a sci-fi Dwarf Fortress, and I know how successful that game's been on here.

An LP was cancelled due to controversy over the game.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

An LP was cancelled due to controversy over the game.
What happened? All I recall was that it was a name on the map several months ago, and Wikipedia isn't mentioning any controversy beyond the game being in flux (the usual thing for Early Access).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm not sure if it's that particular game, but I think the controversy had to do with the sexual orientation of your characters.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

NGDBSS posted:

What happened? All I recall was that it was a name on the map several months ago, and Wikipedia isn't mentioning any controversy beyond the game being in flux (the usual thing for Early Access).

I can't speak to the LP, I didn't see it, but if I recall the issues around Rimworld had a basis in the sexual orientation of the virtual colonists. By default something like 10% of the male population was bisexual or gay while the female population was something like 10% gay and 50+% bisexual. (I can't be sure, it was some time ago but the proportions were just crazy) Plus there was a mood debuff around 'rejecting sexual advances' and corresponding 'being rejected', exacerbated by the colonists hitting on anyone they were attracted to with no consideration of the recipient's leanings. These conditions caused many otherwise stable colonies to result in absurd scenarios where there was a considerable population of gay/bisexual women pairs whom hated and were hated by a large population of single, angry, depressed, rejected men.

The real controversy was when the developer, rather than admit "Yea it's in development these numbers aren't final" claimed that this was a realistic portrayal of gender relations because it was "true in his experience". Or similar.

Basically; the dev needs a counsellor, or at least someone to give him a smack and tell him to grow up.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 18, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC Tynan did actually apologize after his original knee-jerk defensiveness, and showed the research he did to get the numbers (dating sites and the like :rolleyes:), so at least he did it out of ignorance, not malice.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This reminds me of a Persona LP cancelled because the main character was named Nick.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

HGH posted:

This reminds me of a Persona LP cancelled because the main character was named Nick.

Do you have the story for that? Because I don't quite understand what you mean.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Eh, calling it an LP was a stretch, it was one of slowbeef's Twitch friends who stopped a playthrough because of the whole Nick Robinson affair.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

HGH posted:

Eh, calling it an LP was a stretch, it was one of slowbeef's Twitch friends who stopped a playthrough because of the whole Nick Robinson affair.

The tl;dr is that there were whispers on twitter alluding to him having done something horrendous, and when the actual details came out it turned out he had tried to flirt with some people via twitter DMs, between all of the twitter poo poo alluding to his being a huge piece of poo poo and the details coming out he got sacked and everyone had decided he was probably some kind of rapist though.

From what I saw the only actual bit of evidence was extraordinarily poor flirting, and then he made some kind of groveling apology about having abused his power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Yikes.

Does that preclude any future LPs of Rimworld?