Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Vakal posted:

D3 took so long since they basically had a finished version done then remade the game from scratch.

Look at any other blizzard property with sequals and you'll see times to the next one that, while maybe not as nuts as 12 years, are still beyond what you see in the rest of the industry. SC -> SC2 is notorious, and even WC2 -> WC3 was 7 years. Whatever problems might have dragged D3's development out I would personally be shocked if we saw a D4 in less than 6 or 7 years from D3's launch, which would put us comfortably around 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

My first Primal dropped last night, Tra'Goul's shoulders. I guess I need to learn how to play that stupid build...

Syrophenikan
Aug 17, 2010
Fun Shoe

deathbagel posted:

My first Primal dropped last night, Tra'Goul's shoulders. I guess I need to learn how to play that stupid build...

blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..HOLY poo poo MURDER EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN!!!!! blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..blood rush..

Repeat this every minute or so if you have good CDR.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I ran into a dude complaining of no primals yet at ~P600. He didn't know you had to unlock it by doing GR70, :lol:. Maybe put it in the OP?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Larrymer posted:

I ran into a dude complaining of no primals yet at ~P600. He didn't know you had to unlock it by doing GR70, :lol:. Maybe put it in the OP?

Unlock as in they can't drop before GR70 or they only drop in GR70+? I've got a couple but I"ll be damned if I remember where they dropped.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They won't drop until a character on your account has done a GR70. Seasons are like a separate container so you have to do that 70 in season to unlock it for that season.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, as soon as you have a single seasonal character do a 70 solo primals will drop in any torment activity.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Last season it took me about 3-400 legendaries after clearing a gr70 for my first primal to drop. This season I am getting close to 500 and still nada. I don't know what I did, but rnjesus must be pissed at me.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
No worries, I've gotten about 5 so far at paragon 600 and they've all been complete garbage

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

Last season it took me about 3-400 legendaries after clearing a gr70 for my first primal to drop. This season I am getting close to 500 and still nada. I don't know what I did, but rnjesus must be pissed at me.

It's a 0.25% chance for a Legendary to be primal, so... you should see one roughly every 400 legendaries. You were slightly lucky last time at 300, and slightly unlucky this time at 500, with an overall trend of "exactly what you'd expect"!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

you should see one roughly......

:negative:

That was me pre-season though. I think I've gotten 5 or 6 this season by paragon 750. One was even something I'd wear! Primal Krysbin's!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm pretty sure I got a primal from the GR 70 I cleared to unlock primals this season. :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The funny thing about 1-in-400 type events is they don't start hitting the "expected" rate until you're at 20,000+ repetitions...

Hawzy
Dec 13, 2002

I just started playing again and am at 620+ paragon and I had no idea you had to do the GR70 solo. :(

edit: 7:34 :cool:

Hawzy fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 5, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Hawzy posted:

I just started playing again and am at 620+ paragon and I had no idea you had to do the GR70 solo. :(

Carefully.

But seriously, it's just min-maxing gear hard.

I was having trouble doing T13 but then using the same gear and rerolling after some advice from this thread I was able to do GR70.

BuckFiddy
Aug 4, 2017
Just finished GR65 with like 21 seconds left on the clock. Hope I can push for GR70 tonight, but man 65 was rough.

AnxiousApatosaurus
Sep 2, 2004

Stylist

Vakal posted:

D3 took so long since they basically had a finished version done then remade the game from scratch.

I've seen these screenshots floating around. Did the build ever leak? Or is there a write up on what Blizzard North's original vision was?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I forget his name, but the guy who did D1 and D2 has done a few interviews where he talks about the direction they were going with D3 when Blizzard dissolved Blizzard North and took over the project. If you pair it with his 20 retrospective of Diablo 1, it feels like you can get a good sense of what could have been.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Dameius posted:

what could have been.

As in "the cool thing we never got" or "the trainwreck we narrowly avoided?"

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Cyrano4747 posted:

As in "the cool thing we never got" or "the trainwreck we narrowly avoided?"

Probably a mix of both. Given ol' Jay's response of "gently caress Those Guys" on twitter when they said they were going in a different direction than the d3 that shipped.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dameius posted:

I forget his name, but the guy who did D1 and D2 has done a few interviews where he talks about the direction they were going with D3 when Blizzard dissolved Blizzard North and took over the project. If you pair it with his 20 retrospective of Diablo 1, it feels like you can get a good sense of what could have been.

Blizzard north principles left before it was dissolved . Not that it really matters. You are probably thinking of Roper .

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

^burtle posted:

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

Just because the door was left open doesn't mean anyone is going to throw $1 billion through it.

Diablo III announcement to release was four years and it had already been in rebooted development for three years at that time so I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
suck it ya fuckin NERDS

:smug:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

suck it ya fuckin NERDS

She is gonna be alive as gently caress

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Really wanna know how in the gently caress the top few season 11 demon hunters on console have 3-5 perfect primals for their builds [giant thinkface]

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dross posted:

She is gonna be alive as gently caress

It still amazes me that not only did Blizzard repeat the mistakes of Diablo 2 and make only one follower worth anything, but that it's the same one, and for roughly the same reasons.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
And like many things in the game, a few small tweaks would be all you need to bring them up to par. Make Scoundrel actually do real damage, make Templar's effects more substantial, change the itemization and hemming work.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So does anyone have any pro-tips for dealing with these ghost enemies? I just straight up leave a rift if I encounter an elite pack of them on the first floor these days because they are the worst. They're hard to see because they're often translucent and the same color as whatever floor I'm on, and they have an annoying lock-on ghost beam that just ignores all my minions and hones in right on my character and gibs me instantly.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I thought getting GR75 solo would be easier than 50M gold, but the jump from 70-75 was much larger than I expected. 74 was a struggle, I've failed 75 the last 4 tries.

any tips? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KirbusChrist-1832/hero/92293592

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

keratinous scutes posted:

I thought getting GR75 solo would be easier than 50M gold, but the jump from 70-75 was much larger than I expected. 74 was a struggle, I've failed 75 the last 4 tries.

Consider changing some skill runes: Blood Rush's to Potency, Decrepify's to Dizzying Curse, Command Skeletons' to Dark Mending or Freezing Grasp, Devour's to Satiate. The Eternal Torment passive is pointless, run Final Service instead.

Drop the CoE and use Krysbin's Sentence – it's a huge damage boost against everything but Juggernaut elites. Some of those item affixes are not ideal either: the helm should have critical hit chance instead of armour, the bracers physical damage instead of armour, the shield an actual resistance affix instead of a socket, the chest piece and belt life or armour instead of the skill bonus, and the gloves vitality instead of armour. Reroll the cooldown reduction on the amulet to critical hit damage; the flat damage on the Compass Rose too. Your Enchantress really needs a "cannot die" token too.

That's my two cents, anyway. :v: I did my best to equip my necro along these lines and cleared a 75 greater rift on my second try (the first one had a stair trap at the very start I couldn't be bothered with).

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Gear wise, you need a Kyrsbins. It's convention of elements on steroids. Craft bracers that have physical% instead of armor. Turn the skill rolls on your belt/chest into more useful affixes. You could try and get a helm that has mage damage and crit, but that's tougher. Socket in a shield is a really weak affix, but another ancient shield is also tough. I prefer boots that can get all res or armor to movepseed, but that's a pretty minor issue. I'd dump bane of the powerful for esoteric alteration. Ground poo poo is the your biggest enemy as a Rathma Necro, and esoteric mitigates this to an enormous degree.

Skill wise, swap eternal torment for the cheat death passive. I prefer the healing rune on skeleton warriors, but it's personal preference. You should probably swap Decrepify to dizzying curse both so it slows again to proc trapped and also for Kyrsbin synergy.

I can't speak to play style without seeing a video, but one tip I give folks is to remember mages can block projectiles. Watch your positioning and summon mages directly in front of yourself to tank arrows/spears/succubus bolts.

If all else fails, grind some gems up and start doing Caldessans to brute force your way up.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Templar is the best follower if your build tends to be resource starved.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

MMAgCh posted:

Consider changing some skill runes: Blood Rush's to Potency, Decrepify's to Dizzying Curse, Command Skeletons' to Dark Mending or Freezing Grasp, Devour's to Satiate. The Eternal Torment passive is pointless, run Final Service instead.

Drop the CoE and use Krysbin's Sentence – it's a huge damage boost against everything but Juggernaut elites. Some of those item affixes are not ideal either: the helm should have critical hit chance instead of armour, the bracers physical damage instead of armour, the shield an actual resistance affix instead of a socket, the chest piece and belt life or armour instead of the skill bonus, and the gloves vitality instead of armour. Reroll the cooldown reduction on the amulet to critical hit damage; the flat damage on the Compass Rose too. Your Enchantress really needs a "cannot die" token too.

I can do most of that. The amulet/compass rose have been rolled already to a socket. Dunno why it doesn't show that.

I think I cubed my last Krysbin's. Just found an ancient CoE too. Oh well. I'll find another.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

The amulet/compass rose have been rolled already to a socket. Dunno why it doesn't show that.
I might've guessed. In my experience those pretty much never drop with nice affixes right out of the gate. :argh:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Suspicious posted:

Templar is the best follower if your build tends to be resource starved.

It's dumb that they still don't let us use the followers in groups, especially when one of the store bought sets lets you have all three in a group.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

I might've guessed. In my experience those pretty much never drop with nice affixes right out of the gate. :argh:

Amulet does (guaranteed CHD), compass rose guaranteed stats are movespeed and mainstat.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dross posted:

Amulet does (guaranteed CHD), compass rose guaranteed stats are movespeed and mainstat.

I loving hate this on the compass rose, Jesus h Christ

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

At least it has five primary stats? :shrug:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Maker Of Shoes posted:

suck it ya fuckin NERDS

The thing that kills me about the follower items that keep them from dying is that they roll vitality. I know that they'll never be able to deal any amount of damage that you'd notice, but at least make it cooldown reduction or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dross posted:

At least it has five primary stats? :shrug:

It's a pain in the rear end to get high crit crit socket, which is kinda what you need 99% of the time