Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Oh drat, didn't know about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Varam posted:

Yeah, the guy stepping up and calling Nick out on his bullshit and triggering a general venting about it is definitely acting in bad faith because he didn't prepare a full legal case to present to you beforehand.

When things like this spill out of private channels like this, it's going to be messy. This is hosed up real life, not content. It's not there for you.
I understand that but in the moment it just looked like a shitpost because of what it was in response to and how it was an attempt at a burn, but you had to be in the know to understand what the gently caress was going on. It was the opening volley that I saw and 99% of the tweets in the twitter search at the time were just about Nick complaining about Overcooked so it looked like one person just stirring up poo poo. It's a person venting but you can't get mad at other people for seeing that out of nowhere and wondering if it's a troll or not.

This is not really germane at this point, just an explanation for why there were a lot of pages of "huh????" because it was a legit "huh???" moment.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Huh, never heard of this but it makes total sense.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

So creepy uncle you avoid at Thanksgiving.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PostNouveau posted:

Had no idea what the Krystal thing y'all were talking about was. Turns out it's pretty :lol:

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/846175364418158593

yeah people got super mad about that tweet and at the time I was like "this is a loving weird reaction" but now in the context we've gotten it's obvious people weren't mad at the tweet they were mad about Nick's personal brand being a fake comedy creepo when he's an actual creepo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i mean, those people are still liars. this doesn't change that.

edit: in retrospect this was maybe a poor time for that joke :v

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is there anyone else at polygon that doesn't really care about Skyrim but would enjoy seeing mods of Skyrim

or maybe Griffin can just move on to Fallout series. Fallout Boys

holy poo poo FALLOUT BOYS

FALLOUT BOYS HOW DID THEY NOT DO A SERIES CALLED FALLOUT BOYS

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

yeah people got super mad about that tweet and at the time I was like "this is a loving weird reaction" but now in the context we've gotten it's obvious people weren't mad at the tweet they were mad about Nick's personal brand being a fake comedy creepo when he's an actual creepo

Yeah when this started yesterday there was a tweet by I wanna say either Gita Jackson or Ali West that I can't find right now that was something along the lines of "it isn't about just one tweet, it's never about just one tweet".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
see also (or I guess you can't because Nick's side of the conversation was deleted) the twitter thread from around the time of the Krystal tweet with Nick and Austin Walker where Nick was like "Ha ha we should compete to see if Polygon or Waypoint is the horniest game site" and Austin's reply was essentially a polite and elaborate "gently caress off"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Quest For Glory II posted:

is there anyone else at polygon that doesn't really care about Skyrim but would enjoy seeing mods of Skyrim

or maybe Griffin can just move on to Fallout series. Fallout Boys

holy poo poo FALLOUT BOYS

FALLOUT BOYS HOW DID THEY NOT DO A SERIES CALLED FALLOUT BOYS

Everyone at Polygon is gonna be a Fallout Boy after Nick becomes radioactive.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Who What Now posted:

we've had our differences in this conversation but this is a good post

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Still anxiously waiting to find out if Nick has a wife

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fellatio del Toro posted:

No, just a waifu

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Who What Now posted:

Sorry, but skyrim is the one where you Imagine Dragons

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah when the Krystal thing happened I was like "Even if he is one hundo serious, I thought we didn't really care whether or not people are furries anymore?" Now it's clear. It's like that furry convention comedian who got kicked out because he kept doing the same "heh, mellenials am I right??????" material every year for like a decade. Lots of people didn't like him, but it wasn't because he was a furry, it was because he was an rear end in a top hat.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

It's Krystal.

(Sorry if someone already did that one)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah me ! never played it but have absorbed a lot of it through cultural osmosis. it looks like a poo poo game, like all Bethesda RPG garbage.

honestly you could probably sub in someone like Pat or Justin for everything except LG2H and CGI. I'm hoping this ends up being nothing much, but it's not the end of the world if he leaves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think we should revisit the underrated gem Lost Planet for some Coldplay.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
explains why nick was voice only thru touch the skyrim's hornier parts

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Regardless of what happens with Nick, they should probably drop Touch the Skyrim. The explicit sexual nature has suddenly aged really poorly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Touch the Skyrim is almost over anyway.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I thought the issue with the Krystal tweet was that treating women characters in games as sexual objects is bad, even as a joke, which is basically femfreq's entire thesis statement?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I feel bad for the dude that made all the Cool Games Inc animated videos cause that was clearly a highlight of that person's job

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Also I feel bad for the dude that made all the Cool Games Inc animated videos cause that was clearly a highlight of that person's job

this is probably selfish of me but i was whipping up a big coolgames inc thing and i'm pretty bummed about that right now too

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

absolutely anything posted:

this is probably selfish of me but i was whipping up a big coolgames inc thing and i'm pretty bummed about that right now too

Just bleep out all the Nick parts.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Wait, I skimmed the last 5 pages or so but there's still nothing concrete, right? Why is everyone acting like CGI and such are done, or did I miss something?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, this is bumming me out. Not just because funnyman Robinson is at the center of this, but because we don't even know what this is.

Like, this feels less like a serious issue and more like high school - like when someone starts a rumour that spreads, so no one is really sure about what happened, but that Nick Robinson did it, and it just spreads until it's true, that he should be avoided because he did...something.

I mean I assume that guy who stopped podcasting with him heard something concrete, but I don't even know if that's the case of if he just heard the rumours and decided to break it off because of that. There's a lot of smoke here, but it's all just smoke and more smoke, and it's really frustrating because even if there is something concrete, the internet is such a toxic place that it's so loving hard for someone to come forward with it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

dantheman650 posted:

Wait, I skimmed the last 5 pages or so but there's still nothing concrete, right? Why is everyone acting like CGI and such are done, or did I miss something?

there hasn't been like a big tell all but kessler immediately severing is pretty damning

Morpheus posted:

I mean I assume that guy who stopped podcasting with him heard something concrete, but I don't even know if that's the case of if he just heard the rumours and decided to break it off because of that. There's a lot of smoke here, but it's all just smoke and more smoke, and it's really frustrating because even if there is something concrete, the internet is such a toxic place that it's so loving hard for someone to come forward with it.

it's not just a guy who podcasts with him kessler's a super longtime close friend and i dunno if i were very good friends with someone who supposedly did a bad thing i'd get the story straight before publicly announcing i have nothing to do with them

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 4, 2017

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Is twitter still going with this or did it mostly all happen yesterday? I can't possibly go sift through it all

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

So there's still time, but I think it's pretty nice that we were able to discuss this whole situation without probations and locked threads. Who knew that something awful dot com could grow and change this much.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i guess i should have guessed that eventually, someone would get too horny for this one.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not that invested in this I just want to know why he's bad

DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

inferis posted:

So there's still time, but I think it's pretty nice that we were able to discuss this whole situation without probations and locked threads. Who knew that something awful dot com could grow and change this much.

No, you cursed it! nooooo

Serf
May 5, 2011

TBH we've had worse arguments over tabletop game systems than this.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Same

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

For what it's worth, this week's let's go to hell still hasn't been posted. (Poolgames Inc is still Polygon's featured video however)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Control Volume posted:

Well, you're just going to have to wait.

I'm in the same boat as you, I barely know this guy or the people complaining about him, but whatever is going on is happening behind semi-closed doors.

Full story could come out in either hours or years, it's impossible to know.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At the very least, Nick hasn't doubled/melted down over it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

At the very least, Nick hasn't doubled/melted down over it.

No!! I want to see more drama!!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
This is the first time someone being outed as a milkshake duck has actually bothered me. This loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
Most of the relevant tweets about the stuff with Nick seem to be complied in this Neogaf thread. No screenshots of anything directly incriminating but a good number of relatively trustworthy people (other games journalist and such that are in positions to know about this sort of thing but haven't seen fit to talk about it out of fear of professional repercussions, hence all the subtweeting and not naming names) seem to consider it an open secret that Nick is a creeper of some sort.

Also there was a screencap of a tweet that seems to have been deleted claiming that someone's underage friend got perved on by Nick or something like that but that was the only thing I saw implying any sort of pedo problem so that's a plus, I guess.