Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ehhhhhhhhh

I don't know if they eventually fixed it but the remaster was straight busted at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Someone in the PS4 thread said it's playable now other than some odd lighting every so often

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I bought it last week when it was on sale (PS4) and they both seem to work fine?:shrug:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm surprised to hear someone prefer Knight to City honestly. City is Great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I'm surprised to hear someone prefer Knight to City honestly. City is Great.

I loved City at the time but could never go back to it just because of the better movement poo poo introduced in Knight.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm like 3 achievements short in City because after 3 starring all the Catwoman stuff I just couldn't go back

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think the only one I didn't pull off is the one where you have to do like 15 different moves in one combo. Hell with that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm like 3 achievements short in City because after 3 starring all the Catwoman stuff I just couldn't go back

... to playing with a good character instead of her?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

... to playing with a good character instead of her?

I know, it just broke me.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Here's Telltale's trailer for Season 2 of Batman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXRbi8Elxx0

Personally I dunno how much I can care for yet another early Batman story with a bunch of villain origins.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The first one completely lost me halfway through with its dumb twists and lame Joker, I do not give a gently caress about this.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Telltale has also announced a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us. Which is pretty weird seeing as its been a while since the first game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only ever finished Asylum, City just had way too much poo poo to do that I got caught up in and couldn't bother to actually play the story.

loving Riddler Trophies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

twistedmentat posted:

I only ever finished Asylum, City just had way too much poo poo to do that I got caught up in and couldn't bother to actually play the story.

loving Riddler Trophies

You don't HAVE to collect all the poo poo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Calaveron posted:

You don't HAVE to collect all the poo poo

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I hate having a map covered in poo poo I didn't do!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

twistedmentat posted:

You'd think that wouldn't you? But I hate having a map covered in poo poo I didn't do!
Also while the collection can be tedious the Riddler rooms are fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, when did they announce season 2? Like, that trailer says episode one launches 2 weeks from next Tuesday... I literally didn't know this was happening until this very moment...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, when did they announce season 2? Like, that trailer says episode one launches 2 weeks from next Tuesday... I literally didn't know this was happening until this very moment...

Today and I'm as surprised as you. It must've sold tons for them to start work on another season so soon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also while the collection can be tedious the Riddler rooms are fun.

Making him into Jigsaw is one of the best interpretations I've seen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They've also apparently announced season 4 of The Walking Dead and are saying this is the last one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently Telltale has also announced a season 2 of The Wolf Among Us. Which is pretty weird seeing as its been a while since the first game.

It's also double weird since like the day before, they said that they had no plans to continue TWAU anytime soon.

But hey, if they have the same writers, I don't mind. TWAU ruled.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm hoping the focus is more on Riddler than Joker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/893313051293822976

Nope, sorry.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Don't interact with "John Doe" WINK WINK We know you can't tell who he is just by looking at him so we'll be coy about it. YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IT IS WINK WINK WINK.

This is a terrible tweet unless there's a giant twist and he's actually the creeper or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You could read the article.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

You could read the article.

Or look at the photo in the tweet.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Or just not play that lovely terrible game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Just found this thread and haven't been through it but I would love for someone to make Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2. That was of my favorite games ever. It was cathartic and a great stress reliever; something you could fire up for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes and just rage on. It was very GTA but you were actually encouraged to build up your "wanted meter" (rage meter here) and just wreck poo poo. Only thing I might change is Hulk's ability to run on walls but I can see why they had that mechanic in there for the sake of gameplay.

Someone suggested a game called "Prototype" I think it was as a spiritual successor but I don't think it will "feel" the same as just Hulking out.

EDIT: Also, I wonder why there's never been a Thor game. I could see that being incredibly fun if you did it God of War style and put him in all these crazy locations.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 5, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

[quote="“Skwirl”" post="“475058101”"]
Or look at the photo in the tweet.
[/quote]

The photo in the tweet with calling him John Doe and not saying who the rivalry is with is exactly why it's so loving stupid.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i thought the season 1 of batma was good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

i thought the season 1 of batma was good

You were mistaken.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

BiggerBoat posted:

Just found this thread and haven't been through it but I would love for someone to make Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2. That was of my favorite games ever. It was cathartic and a great stress reliever; something you could fire up for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes and just rage on. It was very GTA but you were actually encouraged to build up your "wanted meter" (rage meter here) and just wreck poo poo. Only thing I might change is Hulk's ability to run on walls but I can see why they had that mechanic in there for the sake of gameplay.

Someone suggested a game called "Prototype" I think it was as a spiritual successor but I don't think it will "feel" the same as just Hulking out.

EDIT: Also, I wonder why there's never been a Thor game. I could see that being incredibly fun if you did it God of War style and put him in all these crazy locations.

Seriously go look up a gameplay video of Prototype 2. You're the Hulk but human-sized

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The Hulk movie game wasn't complete trash, it was a less good Ultimate Destruction if you really want another one of those. I remember it had bosses that would show up while you were free roaming around, leading to some pretty cool unscripted big fights.

Prototype is pretty fun but it doesn't quite capture the Hulk feeling, main character is more of a Spawn/Venom/Carnage mix.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

The photo in the tweet with calling him John Doe and not saying who the rivalry is with is exactly why it's so loving stupid.

I think they were saying that because Batman doesn't know who the guy is in the game, being his early adventures, so he goes by John Doe for most of it. They're assuming you'll get it's Joker by context.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I could never find the last secret comic book in Hulk Ultimate destruction. :suicide:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Calaveron posted:

Seriously go look up a gameplay video of Prototype 2. You're the Hulk but human-sized

That does look pretty bad rear end. Man, that Incredible Hulk gameplay looked loving awful though. I looked up SPiderman also and wtf is going on the ASM2 game with all the weird spikes and bizarre costumes. SPiderman looks loving weird in those videos.

What I've seen of the new spiderman game looks good but why did they make his spider emblem white? Looks like they're going for an Arkham style of combat but with more environmental stuff and keeping the stealth. Jealous i won't get to play it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It looks like every boss fight is going to be an awful QTE so my interest in playing it has gone way down.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lurdiak posted:

You were mistaken.

well i liked it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

It looks like every boss fight is going to be an awful QTE so my interest in playing it has gone way down.

Most of the fun of a superhero game is in between boss fights. If this game doesn't break that mould it doesn't mean it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they were saying that because Batman doesn't know who the guy is in the game, being his early adventures, so he goes by John Doe for most of it. They're assuming you'll get it's Joker by context.

They're not assuming anything, the article says he's Joker but they're doing their own Joker origin story.

That's why it's in quotation marks.