Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i know nothing about macros but it's probably just something like draw-30 seconds of filler-se1 or something

i don't know alternatively you could just stop forgetting about literally your job's key component

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Grondoth posted:

What's with Astrologians who don't use cards? I keep finding these people! Why even bother leveling one all the way up if you're not gonna use the core mechanic?

People who level through potd. Never intend on playing astro myself, still coached a first timer on how to astro after a whole floor of him just spamming benefic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

Folks who main other classes leveling it cause it's The Best Healer, with no further understanding than that?

Also bad card streaks. I gave aoe arrow in D1s last night as an attempt to show that yes I was hitting the loving buttons but not pulling good cards.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
If you have a free trial account, can you still participate in the Recruit A Friend campaign and get some gold chocobo feathers?

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

Papashan is a pretty alright dude, as was the guy in the Schooler quests (Alka Zolka?).

Alka Zolka is a gal, isn't she?

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Seeking advice on the 70 BLM opener/rotation question.

I'm seeing some videos/OF posts/reddit posts/etc.... where the BLM's are using Leylines during Umbral opener (ex: B3>Enochian>T3>Leylines>B4>F3), and then using Triple Cast & Swiftcast for the opening Fire IV's, but isn't using Triple/Swiftcast during Leylines sort of... anti-synergy? Sure, you're lowering the recast time regardless, but you're missing out on 4 GCD's worth of lowered cast times, no? Wouldn't it be better to use Triple/Swiftcast, and then Leylines afterwards?

Then there is the question about Thundercloud usage. I've seen some people who throw them out immediately after getting the proc, while others only use them during the Umbral phases.

I've also heard things like Blizzard 4 isn't worth casting and is a loss in some instances and uhhh.. :ohdear:

Basically does anyone have a link to some solid reputable resources for BLM at 70, or care to share your personal findings? I'm getting some conflicting reports, and nearing 70 and would really like some clarity.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rastan Beeza posted:

If you have a free trial account, can you still participate in the Recruit A Friend campaign and get some gold chocobo feathers?

I believe you do not get the rewards from recruit a friend until you actually pay for a month of subscription (thus excluding even the free month packaged with the game). I'm not 100% sure of that, but I'm pretty sure free trials don't count at least, because both parties gain rewards--the recruiter and the recruitee.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Marathanes posted:

Alka Zolka is a gal, isn't she?

No.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Welp, I obviously can't tell male from female lalafell. I used to think he was a guy, but I swear something in the SCH 4.0 quests made me change to thinking the other way around.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Then there is the question about Thundercloud usage. I've seen some people who throw them out immediately after getting the proc, while others only use them during the Umbral phases.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but from what I remember, in HW if Thunder had under 17s left then a T3 Thundercloud was more potent than a Fire 4.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Skaw posted:

Try the Ureaus Skirt. It's still short, but longer than say, the cashmere skirt and the skirts used by crafting sets. The game definitely needs more knee-length skirts though. Whatever limitatioms be damned, there's already clipping with some equipment combos. Glamour can be built around that.

This actually works perfectly! A shame i'm not sure how to get a screenshot from the PS4 other than just possibly uploading it somewhere else. Does the Gpose camera allow you to take pictures too or are you suppose to do that somehow else? Definitely isn't a button on the controller.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This actually works perfectly! A shame i'm not sure how to get a screenshot from the PS4 other than just possibly uploading it somewhere else. Does the Gpose camera allow you to take pictures too or are you suppose to do that somehow else? Definitely isn't a button on the controller.

Plug a flash drive/HDD in, go to Gallery, hit Options on the image you want, then Copy to USB and you can select however many you want.

Gpose doesn't have it's own screenshot button, just turn off the UI with L1+Options then use the Share button.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i'm not the best ast in the world obviously, but i used noct ast for the larger shields while progressing exdeath (before we got a few weapons and a couple hundred more hp on everyone) and i definitely did not have to bandwidth to draw cards optimally during that shitshow

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please do not give advice unless you are confirmed the best ast in the world

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
fortunately, reddit has you covered there

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Marathanes posted:

Welp, I obviously can't tell male from female lalafell. I used to think he was a guy, but I swear something in the SCH 4.0 quests made me change to thinking the other way around.

The name's the easiest way to tell. Guys have names like XY ZY (Alka Zolka, Surito Carito, etc), gals have names like XY Y (Tataru Taru, Momodi Modi, etc).

He also has a huge, obvious crush on one of the lady tonberries, and it's adorable. :swoon:

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Ctrl+F'd "gud", got zero hits. Disappointed, Plebbit.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

cheetah7071 posted:

I believe you do not get the rewards from recruit a friend until you actually pay for a month of subscription (thus excluding even the free month packaged with the game). I'm not 100% sure of that, but I'm pretty sure free trials don't count at least, because both parties gain rewards--the recruiter and the recruitee.

You can get it while you're still in the free month that comes with the game, at least as the recruiter. I got them when I recruited my fiance before my first month was up.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Looks like MCH and SMN are getting adjustments in 4.06 (on August 8)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Seeking advice on the 70 BLM opener/rotation question.

I'm seeing some videos/OF posts/reddit posts/etc.... where the BLM's are using Leylines during Umbral opener (ex: B3>Enochian>T3>Leylines>B4>F3), and then using Triple Cast & Swiftcast for the opening Fire IV's, but isn't using Triple/Swiftcast during Leylines sort of... anti-synergy? Sure, you're lowering the recast time regardless, but you're missing out on 4 GCD's worth of lowered cast times, no? Wouldn't it be better to use Triple/Swiftcast, and then Leylines afterwards?

I've also heard things like Blizzard 4 isn't worth casting and is a loss in some instances and uhhh.. :ohdear:

Basically does anyone have a link to some solid reputable resources for BLM at 70, or care to share your personal findings? I'm getting some conflicting reports, and nearing 70 and would really like some clarity.

It is anti-synergy, and I think a lot of it is old habits. The opener I use is as follows:

B3->Enochian->T3->B4->F3->Triplecast->F4->F4->Sharpcast->F4->Leylines->F1->F4->F4->F4->Firestarter->Convert->F4->F4->B3

For thunderclouds, you want to cook the proc as long as you can, without actually losing the proc.
In umbral phases, your priority is to cast foul if and only if you have it up, and to refresh your thundercloud. It's not worth hardcasting thundercloud if you JUST refreshed it with a proc before entering UI, and if foul isn't ready then you might not have full MP after just casting thunder, so in those situations you want to buy time by casting blizzard 4. You also want to cast blizzard 4 every time convert and sharpcast are up and you are planning on doing an 8 fire-4 rotation, as without it the way MP ticks work, its quite possible the convert will still only give you one extra fire4 cast (or rather, itll give you two, but the second wont leave you with enough MP for blizzard 3). You'll wind up casting blizzard 4 only, like, 2-4 times per fight. If you DO cast it, it's not a HUGE dps loss, just a small one.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

If you want a potion in your opener I would use it in the beginning of the fire phase, though I haven't confirmed when is most optimal.

Also, that triplecast early on is a great time to get in position in the beginning of fights.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:hellyeah:

Of course my two favorite jobs were the ones that needed the most love this patch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DizzyBum posted:

:hellyeah:

Of course my two favorite jobs were the ones that needed the most love this patch.

What does that link actually say? I can't reach it at work.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Oh cool.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ciaphas posted:

Tuning at this moment, but there's also the note that some SMN systems need to be changed, but that's going to take additional time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

It says "4.06 is coming out on August 8, it includes summoner and machinst adjustments"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god yes please make mch playable I want to shoot guns

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
[4.0] Arcanist/Summoner
Action: Summon Bahamut
Adjustment: Executing Teraflare while under the effect of Summon Bahamut will now shut down the servers for a year.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yes please, I'd love to switch back to MCH.

I'm not getting my hopes up this time though, after 4.05's adjustments.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ciaphas posted:

Yes please, I'd love to switch back to MCH.

I'm not getting my hopes up this time though, after 4.05's adjustments.

it literally cannot get worse

I don't think another class has been this garbage in the history of the game. Even PLD at its lowest was at least okay at its job.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think another class has been this garbage in the history of the game. Even PLD at its lowest was at least okay at its job.

Wasn't paladin at it's lowest point like "the worse of two tanks, but still good"?

I want the gunshoot class to be good COME ON SQUEENIX.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Blockhouse posted:

Wasn't 2.0 warrior basically unplayable?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the badness of MCH and SMN is nowhere near release warrior

which was essentially an empty party slot

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I wasn't playing around then, what was so bad about it?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
WAR had a mitigation strategy which was summed up as 'You have more Health.' Its ENTIRE defensive cooldown scheme was imported from leveling PLD in parallel and looting it for cooldowns. (Except for Holmgang.)

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Think about every useful ability/trait they have and then imagine them not having it.

Scroll down to Warrior changes and you'll see that 2.1 added everything you know as "Warrior".
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

your tank stance was completely worthless unless you never consumed the wrath stacks, because the bonus healing received was tied to the stacks

inner beast was only a heal (for 300%, not 100% like now), no damage reduction component

steel cyclone did not give more enmity

storm's path only reduced healing received by targets, the 10% damage reduction component was not there (making it completely meaningless to ever use it)

holmgang did not make you invulnerable, it was just a root

vengeance only had the counterattack component tied to it, damage reduction not there

overpower had such a long windup on it that you rarely hit anything with it, long enough to clip your GCD

there was more but yeah, the list of bad was pretty bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can sorta see what they were going for with 2.0 WAR in how Twintania was designed--death sentence debuffed healing spells but not other forms of healing. So the idea was that paladin would use rampart or whatever to help the healers out, and warrior would inner beast to restore a chunk of the damage. Either way, the healer's problem is mitigated

e: the problem is that death sentence would just OHKO warriors making the whole thing pointless

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 4, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

vOv posted:

I wasn't playing around then, what was so bad about it?

A whole lot of dumb, like Wrath stacks increasing your healing bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

A whole lot of dumb, like Wrath stacks increasing your healing bonus.

fwiw this has never changed iirc

i mean wrath stacks do more than that but that was always a part of it