Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

timp posted:

Who is Ben.

games journo dude, new Giant Bomb hire, giant man, sounds like he was friends with Nick and is kinda hosed up hearing about this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

timp posted:

Who is Ben.

Ben Pack. He was an ex-Giant Bomb intern along with Nick and Matt Kessler and best friends with both and they do (or I guess did now ) a podcast together

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

timp posted:

Who is Ben.

Search posts for 'Kessler', replace 'Matt' with 'Ben' and 'Sony' with 'Giant Bomb'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh right, I forgot he was an ex-intern, yea then he and Nick go way back too, no wonder he's acting weird about it then.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Maybe the Polygon management made them all put away their phones for "face2face connections" and they're all in for a lovely lovely time when they get their phones back and the phones are all on fire.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
niiiiick :smithicide:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

lol are they really? That rules, cool time for this to hit.

They are SUPER hard on themselves. They make a couple of eye-rolly jokes and all and yea pre-Rachel Griffin clearly had some loneliness/social anxiety issues going on but they make it sound like every other question was met with 'PFFFT I DUNNO QUEER SOUNDS LIKE A STUPID PROBLEM' the way they get down on themselves. It's kinda adorable.

Yeah I wish they'd relax with that poo poo, I relistened to a few of those eps fairly recently and they're fine. It's literally just like one dumb furry joke.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Democratic Pirate posted:

Maybe the Polygon management made them all put away their phones for "face2face connections" and they're all in for a lovely lovely time when they get their phones back and the phones are all on fire.

that'd be the most hilariously terrible, and thus most likely, option.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Seems like it's going swimmingly
https://twitter.com/aegies/status/893526336416829440

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
forgot to mention in my ben post that he's twenty feet tall

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
That's funny, a goon group that I'm an admin for recently ousted a dude when one woman, who had been harassed, decided to look into it with all the other women in our group and lo and behold almost 100% of our female users, myself included, had endured some sort harassment from this dude from soliciting to nudes to constant messaging when asked to stop to even worse things.

He was banned and things have been a lot better ever since, but even though most everyone severed ties immediately there were still a handful of men who said something along the lines of "That sucks but he's my friend" and still talk/game with him which is sad and unsurprising and sad that it's unsurprising.

If you have the opportunity, Fix The Stair.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the answer any time you find out a friend is actively being a creep, not just was a creep in the distant past and is trying to do good now, is :sever:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
CoolGames, Inc. - Yes Problem Bad

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Waterbed Wendy posted:

That's funny, a goon group that I'm an admin for recently ousted a dude when one woman, who had been harassed, decided to look into it with all the other women in our group and lo and behold almost 100% of our female users, myself included, had endured some sort harassment from this dude from soliciting to nudes to constant messaging when asked to stop to even worse things.

He was banned and things have been a lot better ever since, but even though most everyone severed ties immediately there were still a handful of men who said something along the lines of "That sucks but he's my friend" and still talk/game with him which is sad and unsurprising and sad that it's unsurprising.

If you have the opportunity, Fix The Stair.

Yeah the hosed up thing with my situation (I mean the entire thing is hosed up) is the dude was like, 17 it turns out, so when people confronted him with evidence he was just like 'well you see legally I'm the real victim here'.

loving infuriating, I hope in the years since that happened he's stopped being such a manipulative douche but who knows.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

From all the tweets going around it seems like it was the worst kept secret with women, but most guys who knew him seem legitimately shocked.

Yeah, like Austin was having friendly interactions with him on twitter too (barring that one "stop making horny your brand" incident in March) until recently, so I'm assuming he only found out last night too.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm positive I'm not the first to say this even in this thread but...

Niiiick, this changes everything

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
am I the only person who somehow thought nick was gay

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
aw beans

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

Nah, probably because of this:

https://twitter.com/babylonian/status/827420878707191808?lang=en

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

atomicthumbs posted:

Nope, I was always camp "Nick might be gay"

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

He's bi and identified as gay until like 2014. That's not super relevant, but is a fact thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

gently caress don't put this on my people the straights can have him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DOOMocrat posted:

He's bi and identified as gay until like 2014. That's not super relevant, but is a fact thing.

huh, didn't know that.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

every time a bisexual man is too horny he sets the whole cause back ten years

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

We have to accept our part in this, too.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

huh, didn't know that.

Tumblr was the place for that one.

Blockhouse posted:

ekeog posted:

every time a bisexual man is too horny he sets the whole cause back ten years

Who What Now posted:

We have to accept our part in this, too.

him & bee were the official bisexual power couple of nerd internet I'm not over here taking this well either, it was empowering in a "go the gently caress outside you nerd" way

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Green Bean posted:

Do you have the episode number on hand? I'm working my way through the archives backwards, but this seems like something one that'd be appropriate to skip to.

151 (Orb is Horse), around 44 minutes in. Even worse than I remembered: the guy is 31, and trying to pick up college girls!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
One of us should have leapt on that grenade dick and kept his horniness in check.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Who What Now posted:

One of us should have leapt on that grenade dick and kept his horniness in check.

Yes, boyfriends getting laid always keeps them from fooling around. Foolproof!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gonna assume a guy who was serial sexually harassing women was not particularly monogamous

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DOOMocrat posted:

Yes, boyfriends getting laid always keeps them from fooling around. Foolproof!

With enough boyfriends it is. Although the polys got enough problems without throwing Nick at em.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Who What Now posted:

With enough boyfriends it is. Although the polys got enough problems without throwing Nick at em.

why do you think it's called "poly gone .com"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mimir posted:

why do you think it's called "poly gone .com"

time to lock this thread and never speak of it again

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
too busy being a creeper to watch uncle buck

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

too busy being a creeper to watch uncle buck

yea gently caress all this boyfriend talk if that perv had just watched Uncle Buck he'd be on the right path like Good Boy Griffin

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

fadam posted:

Number of sexual assault allegations made against members of Cum Town: 0

Number of sexual assault allegations made against members of the McElroy Family Podcasting Empire: more than 0
really? where

edit: i thought i was in another thread and got teleported here so i will scroll up

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Once again I am retroactively correct for making fun of the people that posted in BYOB a thousand years ago.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

This sucks, Nick's cool.
It is hilarious that loads of people on Twitter are confusing him with the BBC Nick Robinson and now they think Nick
1) has a wife
2) cheated on his wife

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

One lol thing about this situation is the dudes who are like he's accused of harassment but probably all he did was (example of sexual harassment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

inferis posted:

One lol thing about this situation is the dudes who are like he's accused of harassment but probably all he did was (example of sexual harassment)

who the hell is saying this dumb poo poo