Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Apocalypse was only mentioned in one of those panel thingys from some event expo I don't remember which. If we were getting more mutants they would be hyping it to hell and back.

August looks like it'll be revamped SL, Absorbing Man/whoever the gently caress titania is/probably not Spider-Pig sadly enough, and maybe something else. September/October is whatever before Thor Ragnarok comes out in November. I'd guess October for Apocalypse/4 Horsemen but I'm generally wrong about everything so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cosmic Spider-Man as a native T2 would be cool

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

スパイダーマン or get the gently caress out of here, netmaabu

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

STAC Goat posted:

Defenders next week.
Inhumans in September.
Ragnarok and Runaways in November.
Agents of Shield S5 in January.
Black Panther in February.
Punisher and Daredevil S3 unannounced yet.
Deadpool 2, Cloak and Dagger, New Warriors, Infinity War, Ant Man & Wasp, Luke Cage S2, Jessica Jones S2, and more in 2018.

So many options coming down the line in just MCU/other movies even without just doing other general comic or random stuff. It makes me so excited.

It sure would be nice if they gave JJ a costume for the Defenders stuff. I doubt they'll bother with DD, Punisher, Elektra, IF, or LC though, since they all already got TV show themed costumes. JJ could be really good if the updated costume tweaked her abilities a bit. Coulson could really use an update too. I'll have my fingers crossed that May finally gets in as a character for S5. Kinda disappointed they keep skipping her over.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they basically did a Defenders update months ago when all those costumes came in with Hellcat and Robbie Reyes so I don't expect anything there. And characters like Misty Knight and Hellcat are already in so there's not a ton to add in future seasons that are obvious.

I definitely want May and hope she shows up.

I expect costumes and Valkyrie and Executioner for Ragnarok. Costumes and some new characters for Black Panther. I'd love to see the Runaways join Sister Grimm, New Warriors to join Squirrel Girl, and Cloak and Dagger although I don't know if any of them will be big enough to demand an update. We'll probably get costume updates for Infinity War and Hope for Antman/Wasp but that's way off.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Give me newspaper Spiderman. Fappo!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Realistically it's probably fucken Miguel, but Miguel doesn't summon a goddamn giant robot so he's worthless.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Give me newspaper Spiderman. Fappo!

I was also thinking Newspaper Spiderman would own super hard, but if the colorization is accurate and it's not just shadow, I'm pretty sure Spiderman 2099 is a lock-in. Which would be great, because then maybe we can get Punisher 2099, and whoever else exists in the universe.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, they basically did a Defenders update months ago when all those costumes came in with Hellcat and Robbie Reyes so I don't expect anything there. And characters like Misty Knight and Hellcat are already in so there's not a ton to add in future seasons that are obvious.

I definitely want May and hope she shows up.

I expect costumes and Valkyrie and Executioner for Ragnarok. Costumes and some new characters for Black Panther. I'd love to see the Runaways join Sister Grimm, New Warriors to join Squirrel Girl, and Cloak and Dagger although I don't know if any of them will be big enough to demand an update. We'll probably get costume updates for Infinity War and Hope for Antman/Wasp but that's way off.

I'd love to see Cloak and Dagger be the same character. One blast, one speed - your 3* switches between them and your 5* do a combo attack like Luke's costume 5*. No reason, I just think it'd be a cool as gently caress mechanic to play with

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Somebody please explain

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Somebody please explain

It's Spiderman 2099's costume.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Somebody please explain

Messing around with values lets you make out the red markings.
I mean, we did just have the Alchemax tease in the lead-up to Sinster Six, too.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know the Spider Verse story but I don't see 2099 in there and that's one of the few alternate Spider Mans I know. I'd be cool with him but I'd love to see Jessica Drew. And sorta Julia Carpenter. Or Scarlet Spider? I guess I know a decent number of Spider alts.

they mentioned alchemax last update too so 2099 seems like a solid guess

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nails posted:

I was also thinking Newspaper Spiderman would own super hard, but if the colorization is accurate and it's not just shadow, I'm pretty sure Spiderman 2099 is a lock-in. Which would be great, because then maybe we can get Punisher 2099, and whoever else exists in the universe.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Apocalypse was only mentioned in one of those panel thingys from some event expo I don't remember which.

They actually released the image on Facebook with a vague caption about a preview of the new update.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Holy poo poo, there's a loving Doom 2099?! GIVE ME THIS RIGHT NOW, NETMARBLE. I NEED IT.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nails posted:

Holy poo poo, there's a loving Doom 2099?! GIVE ME THIS RIGHT NOW, NETMARBLE. I NEED IT.

yeah i think hes even the same dude as real doom somehow. like maybe he froze himself im not sure. his archenemy is robot tiger dum dum dugan man i think.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I once created a character in like 1992 and drew him a lot. His name was Skeletron and he was a skeleton cyborg and also part ghost and part demon because he had demon wings. He was a huge badass. Also I was 8.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Where the gently caress is Skeletron Netmarble

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah i think hes even the same dude as real doom somehow. like maybe he froze himself im not sure. his archenemy is robot tiger dum dum dugan man i think.

Apparently if you consider the marquis of death storyline then main continuity doom is like 60 million years old already and uses advanced magic and willpower to keep himself alive

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

fart simpson posted:

Apparently if you consider the marquis of death storyline then main continuity doom is like 60 million years old already and uses advanced magic and willpower to keep himself alive

Nah the Thunderbolts travelled back in time and got him back. Retcon.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Any goon alliances got slots open? Come back to check out all the new stuff!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fneeb posted:

I think we've got room in worst alliance, give me this evening to see if there's any filthy inactives that need to be purged.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

y/n? I think no?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still don't know poo poo about cards but I'd have to go with no.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fneeb posted:

I'll snag you fneeb. Marble Hebrons. Let me make room in 2 days.

Also I DEMAND you join our discord. I made it for all the friends since we have an awesome community. It's for all games and all things.

https://discord.gg/xbeUpj

Edit: oh and also, if you are new to discord people, you can download the phone app for iPhone and android. It's amazing and basically all I know.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

y/n? I think no?

The answer is no.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'll snag you fneeb. Marble Hebrons. Let me make room in 2 days.

Also I DEMAND you join our discord. I made it for all the friends since we have an awesome community. It's for all games and all things.

https://discord.gg/xbeUpj

Edit: oh and also, if you are new to discord people, you can download the phone app for iPhone and android. It's amazing and basically all I know.

Sold! I'll get on that after work tonight :)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

y/n? I think no?

Not that it hardly matters, but no

You're essentially asking if you should trade 6% physical damage for 1% scd

So most ppl would say no, most rational people would say it doesn't matter

REAL TALK: Civil War 3 is a fuckin trap because it cannot roll the trifecta of SCD/DPEN/AATK, it can only roll the two you have. This makes it a solid midway card but needs to be eventually swapped out because even a card with SCD/DPEN would be significantly better. Let me know if you need more info, my card nerd meta knowledge is strong

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

thechalkoutline posted:

Not that it hardly matters, but no

You're essentially asking if you should trade 6% physical damage for 1% scd

So most ppl would say no, most rational people would say it doesn't matter

REAL TALK: Civil War 3 is a fuckin trap because it cannot roll the trifecta of SCD/DPEN/AATK, it can only roll the two you have. This makes it a solid midway card but needs to be eventually swapped out because even a card with SCD/DPEN would be significantly better. Let me know if you need more info, my card nerd meta knowledge is strong

What do you think of this guide, good/bad/what
https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5mty9s/a_card_guide_from_beginner_to_expert/

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

This guide is excellent and I reference it often

He just doesn't explain why he chooses the cards he chooses (don't need scd as primary roll because they're higher, dpend is worth much more than aa) so just want to make sure ppl aren't rolling the civil war cards when they could re-rolling like... groot/starlord/avengers

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

thechalkoutline posted:

Let me know if you need more info, my card nerd meta knowledge is strong

sure, let's go hog wild. I've been plateaued for a long while. What do you think I should be grinding on?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
When does shadowlands close? It's closing sometime for the update, right?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

sure, let's go hog wild. I've been plateaued for a long while. What do you think I should be grinding on?

The only card in the ideal end-game set that has CDR native is the Loki card. Yours is a keeper for the time being because it has rolled the trifecta.

Next goal after that is usually to make sure you have the 5.4% SCD on all the rest of your cards, this will give you around 30% and allow you to never have to re-roll your 4th gear on characters ever again.

This is because anytime you have SCD on a native slot (e.g. your Marvel Zombies and Civil War) you're inflating the amount of SCD you'll have in the ideal set (because it's only Loki SCD native and rest all are off-main rolls) and so you'll have to jigger your 4th gear stats to reflect this.

(In fact, the reason the ideal set doesn't include native SCD cards is simply because native Ignore Defense is a better stat. 30% is enough for everyone to cap with lv24 Alliance. AA is last in priority because it scales the worst.)

Given all this, your targeted goals would be to replace Civil War 3, then Marvel Zombies, with a good end-game card that rolls SCD in it's non-native roll. These would be Starlord and Groot, most likely. These are better because you're essentially replacing SCD native rolls with DPen native rolls, which are just flat out better, and you want them native because native rolls nearly twice as high as off-native rolls. After that you're looking to also replace your Civil War 4 with an end-game card, usually Punisher 19.

Sum it up your broad goals are to replace cards that have SCD native (Zombies/CivilWar3) on them with quality cards that have Ignore Defense native (Starlord/Groot/Punisher19) and have also rolled off-SCD. You basically trade AA for Dpen, which scales better and is why when you look at all the top alliance players they never use Def Pen obelisks and prefer Crit Rate/Dmg if not ITGB/Elemental. A good card set should make Def Pen obos obsolete because you end up with ~40% dpen before you start adding Uru, uni, etc.

After that it gets much harder, because you're trying to reroll any version of these cards with a trifecta, meaning it'll roll Dpen native (except loki, but again you're done there for the time being) and scd AND all attack in the off rolls.

edit: some mistakes

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 5, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Network42 posted:

When does shadowlands close? It's closing sometime for the update, right?

It's closed 8-8 to 8-10, there are probably times if you want them too

King of the Hill is closed longer but who cares

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have to remember to do Shadowland this weekend before it closes since I managed to jump from Stage 13 to 17 last week. The mutants helped a lot, especially Wolvie and Magneto. Two new solo clears. And I've got a T2 ticket when I decide who to use it on to get another.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Guys

I'm seriously already jonesing to log back in

What are other mobile games you guys partake in? Need something while I'm on this break

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Guys

I'm seriously already jonesing to log back in

What are other mobile games you guys partake in? Need something while I'm on this break

Some friends like fate grand order, but two big strikes against it is it's a proper gacha and it's terminally anime. Like, "Paul Bunyan is apparently a small girl" levels of anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I have been playing a lot of FGO, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're already into other Fate stuff. Also, yeah, the gacha mechanics and even profile stuff (no cloud saves, transferring between devices is annoying) are a big step down from MFF.