Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

Pucci reciting the words to control the baby was really bad.

if by "bad" you mean "good" I agree.

WrightOfWay posted:

C-Moon is way cooler than Whitesnake or Made In Heaven.
C-Moon owns super hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The final confrontation in part 6 is one of the best parts about JoJo full stop. Insane Stand usage on top of amaZing action and the second best beat down of any antagonist in the series. JoJo's bizarre adventure for the loving win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

Pucci reciting the words to control the baby was really bad.

Spiral Staircase. Rhinoceros Beetle. Ghost Town. Fig Tart. Rhinoceros Beetle. Singularity Point. Via Dolorosa. Rhinoceros Beetle. Singularity Point. Giotto. Angel. Hydrangea. Singularity Point. Secret Emperor!

Colonel... I don't understand

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

The final confrontation in part 6 is one of the best parts about JoJo full stop. Insane Stand usage on top of amaZing action and the second best beat down of any antagonist in the series. JoJo's bizarre adventure for the loving win

What would be the first?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the whole evolution thing in part 6 actually fits the series, unlike requiem stands which were poop from a butt

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

frank.club posted:

Spiral Staircase. Rhinoceros Beetle. Ghost Town. Fig Tart. Rhinoceros Beetle. Singularity Point. Via Dolorosa. Rhinoceros Beetle. Singularity Point. Giotto. Angel. Hydrangea. Singularity Point. Secret Emperor!

Jolyne, actually, I am in really bad shape financially. I pay money to my ex vampire lover as part of our divorce settlement, among other bills... I just had no choice but to make you pay for lunch the other day. I'm really sorry.

frank.club posted:

JoJo's bizarre adventure for the loving win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

What would be the first?

Johnny beating the president of the United States of america into the dirt until he stopped coming back up

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pucci screaming for his life to a ten year-old who summoned the vengeful spirit of Pucci's brother is mad good.

frank.club posted:

I thought the words were chosen because absolutely no one would ever say them in that exact order so they make a good Baby WMD activation code.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tusk act 4 was like the right way to do something along the lines of gold experience requiem

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

one day, many years from now, I hope to see Tusk Act 4 beat the gently caress out of President Valentine animated

and then IMMEDIATELY hoot and holler when alternative timeline Diego with The World shows up!!!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah C-Moon is really good. I liked when Whitesnake had a gun though

One of the really cool things about part 6 that doesn't get much talked about is that as a consequence of stand powers becoming more obtuse, regular guns are suddenly much more of a threat, and so it can get away with Pucci--but with a gun!--as being a genuine source of tension.

This is in contrast to part 3, were outside of maybe Joseph, non of the characters were likely to get taken out by a (non-stand) gun, because all of their stands were powerhouses who could eat bullets and poo poo lead.

And so when Jotaro shows up with the ability to catch bullets right out of the air, it's suddenly this big deal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The best beat down is Jonathan battering DIO as a kid.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
C-moon was cool but what I'm confused about is that the green baby was a person who had his own stand, but then he became a stand himself? How does that even work? Where did his stand go?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

and then IMMEDIATELY hoot and holler when alternative timeline Diego with The World shows up!!!

That was one of my favourite moments in all of Jojo. It really caught me off guard.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Schwarzwald posted:

One of the really cool things about part 6 that doesn't get much talked about is that as a consequence of stand powers becoming more obtuse, regular guns are suddenly much more of a threat, and so it can get away with Pucci--but with a gun!--as being a genuine source of tension.

This is in contrast to part 3, were outside of maybe Joseph, non of the characters were likely to get taken out by a (non-stand) gun, because all of their stands were powerhouses who could eat bullets and poo poo lead.

And so when Jotaro shows up with the ability to catch bullets right out of the air, it's suddenly this big deal.

This really is great. Pucci attempting to unload a clip into a cornered Jolyne, only for the ZA WARUDO filter to finally make a comeback is a fantastic moment.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonwagon posted:

C-moon was cool but what I'm confused about is that the green baby was a person who had his own stand, but then he became a stand himself? How does that even work? Where did his stand go?
the Green Baby is kinda the furthest thing FROM a person. It's kind of a homonculus made from a DIO (Jonathan)'s bone. Pucci used Sports Maxx, the guy who could make invisible zombies, to make it awaken and then it started like infecting people and then the bone needed the soul of thirty six convicts after which the bone grew into a fully conscious being that seems to be aware of it's intent as it takes interest in Jolyne's birthmark.

Then Pucci gets it and it like attacks him and fuses with him and the power from it turns Whitesnake into C-Moon and I think that's when Pucci and Weather get their Joestar birthmarks cause Pucci has DIO in him now and Weather is connected to him?

i dunno part 6 gets pretty conceptual

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 6, 2017

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
It gets pretty stupid. Then again, it's not called Jojo's Sensible Adventure.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JoJo's Normal Afternoon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dragonwagon posted:

That was one of my favourite moments in all of Jojo. It really caught me off guard.

What I want the SBR anime to do is to cast somebody else as Diego, but once The World Diego comes, it's back to Koyasu.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

the Green Baby is kinda the furthest thing FROM a person. It's kind of a homonculus made from a DIO (Jonathan)'s bone. Pucci used Sports Maxx, the guy who could make invisible zombies, to make it awaken and then it started like infecting people and then the bone needed the soul of thirty six convicts after which the bone grew into a fully conscious being that seems to be aware of it's intent as it takes interest in Jolyne's birthmark.

Then Pucci gets it and it like attacks him and fuses with him and the power from it turns Whitesnake into C-Moon and I think that's when Pucci and Weather get their Joestar birthmarks cause Pucci has DIO in him now and Weather is connected to him?

i dunno part 6 gets pretty conceptual

I think their question was more or less just 'what happens to this guy?'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/realhartman/status/893973603191881728

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Oh hell yeah

This is a page back but I want this so bad it hurts.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

he said Jotaro's pants were leopard print.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DicktheCat posted:

It's good. It's got several pages of Poker Under Arms officially translated and that was a weird feeling.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

It's good. It's got several pages of Poker Under Arms officially translated and that was a weird feeling.

There's also like 2-3 pages of Jojolion towards the end and a whole lot of Millionaire Village at the end! It's really weird seeing those with official translations right now!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also weird seeing something officially translated referencing future parts to begin with. Also, as I've mentioned, it seems to be using the original names of some characters rather than their localized names.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Reading through part 6 now and loving :laffo:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stop making excuses, Miura.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

props on repping stone ocean powerpuff girl man

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Josuke Higashikata posted:

props on repping stone ocean powerpuff girl man

Ironically that's one of the few early Cartoon Network shows he didn't work on

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

ThingOne posted:

Reading through part 6 now and loving :laffo:

This remains my favorite ever page of part 6.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The worst part of 6 was Araki saying in one of the chapter interstitials that Gio was already in America

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The worst part of 6 was Araki saying in one of the chapter interstitials that Gio was already in America

If only he could have turned Jotaro's harpoon into a hummingbird and flown it up Pucci's rear end... If only...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Ironically that's one of the few early Cartoon Network shows he didn't work on

oh i can see clearly now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DicktheCat posted:

It's really good and I'm excited for JoJo Part 9 "Man World"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: You have nothing to fear.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

EmmyOk posted:

In my manga's world it's okay to be gay

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
In my manga, the universe of my creation, time can be erased, fictional characters can come to life, invisible zombies can be raised, other dimensions can be entered and two men can kiss. Welcome to my mind palace, no rules, just right in here

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[ringo roadagain voice] Welcome to the Gay Man's World

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

EmmyOk posted:

Truth. I'm about halfway through it atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU