Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It's almost here

https://twitter.com/osgators/status/893587737701384196

https://twitter.com/NickdelaTorreGC/status/893588445880254464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Accurately captioned QBs throwing and not WR catching.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If LDR starts I'm moving to NZ and following the All Blacks and forgetting I ever liked football.

Also, I'd ask where FSU's QB film is, but I already know it's in evidence lockup.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ah, practice stardom. Wasn't Driskel a superstar in practice? My big memory of Driskel is of him summoning every last ounce of strength during a tackle in order to limp-arm a pick-six to Tennessee.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols lose OT Chance Hall for the season with a knee injury. Guess that means Trey Smith is definitely starting this year. We have nice depth but this loss still sucks.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

If LDR starts I'm moving to NZ and following the All Blacks and forgetting I ever liked football.

Also, I'd ask where FSU's QB film is, but I already know it's in evidence lockup.

https://twitter.com/BobFerrante/status/892499914302869504

https://twitter.com/BobFerrante/status/893223169531752450
There ya go

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Practice reports from Washington seem to be showing that the defense has been dominating the offense so far, 5 takeaways today including 2 INTs by Browning

That's more than a little worrying for the offense

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

cherish them while theyre still alive :twisted:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LLCoolJD posted:

Ah, practice stardom. Wasn't Driskel a superstar in practice? My big memory of Driskel is of him summoning every last ounce of strength during a tackle in order to limp-arm a pick-six to Tennessee.

We lost to a driskel :negative:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT will end the series with ECU in 2025 and replace them with ODU.

Insha'Allah

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Vols lose OT Chance Hall for the season with a knee injury. Guess that means Trey Smith is definitely starting this year. We have nice depth but this loss still sucks.

We have nice depth but we open with Georgia Tech.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Crotch Bat posted:

Insha'Allah

Ruffin McNeil takes the ODU job in 2024

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Raku posted:

Ruffin McNeil takes the ODU job in 2024

I mean as long as Beamer isn't magically coach again it won't matter. They played VT very tough but their 3 wins were by 5, 7, and 7 points and 2 of the 3 wins came in the worst VT years in almost 3 decades and the other one came because Frank had the genius idea to try and redshirt Tyrod Taylor during his sophomore season.

They were a pain but chiefly because Frank and others got lazy and produced some amazingly lovely football. Bud by and large had them figured out and the only reason the wins weren't blowouts like last year is because VT barely had offense from 2011-2015. VT gets a coach who understands the modern game and they obliterate ECU in an unbelievably cathartic game. I also think Fuente spent enough time at a thorn in the side mid-major to not gently caress around for those games.

Besides just the overall shittiness attached to losing to ECU and the nothingness gained from a win, VT gets to play a game against what will by then be a program of roughly equal ability and stature and they get to do it in the 757's backyard which is great for recruits who can't always make a 6 hour trip on the weekends to Blacksburg. The series with ECU was made simply because of location, if ODU was a thing a decade ago even Weaver and Beamer would have never made the deal with ECU (Beamer was a huge proponent of playing in-state schools for OOC as much as possible).

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 5, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It should come as no surprise to anyone, but UGA's freshman running back D'Andre Swift looks like a grown-rear end-man already.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

It should come as no surprise to anyone, but UGA's freshman running back D'Andre Swift looks like a grown-rear end-man already.

So the ACL tear is in 2 weeks or 3?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Crotch Bat posted:

nah, it'll be @Knoxville

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Crotch Bat posted:

Insha'Allah

Thank you based Whit Babcock.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scionix posted:

cherish them while theyre still alive :twisted:

May be down to 5 wrs

Be ready for the vaunted FSU triple option

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Brantley was the one that was like 85% with a 17-1 TD:INT ratio in practice, then a total limpdick in reality.

That three play sequence with Driskel with a fumble-six, a sack, and a pick six was tremendous.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Missouri was beating Florida 42-0 in the Swamp and Muschamp had a job the next day. :psyduck:

42-0, 120 yards, 7 first downs.

Mouse Cadet fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 5, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mouse Cadet posted:

Missouri was beating Florida 42-0 in the Swamp and Muschamp had a job the next day. :psyduck:

i can only get so erect, dude

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Mouse Cadet posted:

This was like some kind of weird humiliation fetish interpretive art exhibit rather than a football game. I was honestly waiting for a 1-point safety or something.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Our RB corps is so deep (Chubb, Michel, Holyfield, Herrien, Swift, and another great white buffalo to replace the last one, Hudson) that I bet Swift gets in on special teams so instead of Neyland eating his knee, he'll just get Lattimore'd instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

i can only get so erect, dude

Spencer Hall's take on that game is great. This part is nice but the whole thing is worth reading again.

quote:

And at that point, with the entire stadium's jaw on the concrete floors of the stadium, you were stuck with the kind of answers you get when the reasonable runs out and you begin openly asking baffled questions of the universe, and then offering insane explanations. Will Muschamp must hate Jeff Driskel. He must hate offense so much that he couldn't even support his own team's attack, and chose to play all-time defensive coordinator for both teams like a bored video gamer. You grab for the kind of explanations you normally avoid: this team has given up, this coaching staff has given up, and negative attitude something something something.

quote:

No, really: they set off the fireworks for both TDs. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in a football stadium, and I watched John Brantley try to run the zone read once.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 5, 2017

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It was also homecoming wasn't it?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Mouse Cadet posted:

and then Georgia managed to lose in humiliating fashion to the very same Florida team, after basically having the SEC East delivered to them on a platter otherwise :cripes:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
TIGERS BTICH

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/WayneMcGaheeIII/status/893934348667424768

:unsmith:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nice boobs

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I know it is a stressful job and the days are long but fat coaches confuse me

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know it is a stressful job and the days are long but fat coaches confuse me

It's what happens when you stop training like an athlete but continue eating like one.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tee Higgins, ladies and gentlemen.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Was that picture smuggled out of the Soviet Union?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

tactlessbastard posted:

Was that picture smuggled out of the Soviet Union?

yes, that's a new experimental T-80 MBT variant

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Scarf posted:

Raycom Sports potato vision spreading like a disease

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...0101536%2F&_rdr

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Spencer Hall's take on that game is great. This part is nice but the whole thing is worth reading again.

God. That game was horrible. I guess I got the sequencing wrong because so much bad poo poo happened in that game.

Driskel's entire career is summed up in the Mizzou game, and the pick-six leg break against Tennessee in 13 where Tyler Murphy came in and won the game.

He made Brantley look like Cam loving Newton.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LeeMajors posted:

God. That game was horrible. I guess I got the sequencing wrong because so much bad poo poo happened in that game.

Driskel's entire career is summed up in the Mizzou game, and the pick-six leg break against Tennessee in 13 where Tyler Murphy came in and won the game.

Wasn't that Tennessee game the one where the home crowd cheered at his season-ending injury? That was pretty classy.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/893952764170182656

took it easy this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

and he's still in the NFL after a great year at Louisiana Tech

hell of a job, will

• Locked thread