Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

You don't work with anybody. You got fired years ago and never got rehired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Ularg posted:

I'd like to put forward that Tay the twitter AI has become Tei the SA AI. Microsoft knows what an AI made by 4chan trolls are now and they want to see what an SA AI would look like.

Don't be silly. Tei is clearly just a small, cute sapient rodent, as per their avatar image.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the restrictive new deal, which included programs that built much of America's infrastructure, has a program that still uplifts enough voters out of poverty that congress can't touch it, and had an act recently repealed which almost immediately caused the worst recession since the one it was enacted against, to name a few of the disasters

almost as bad as the great society, with it's catastrophic civil rights, medicare, and medicaid

V Republican voters do not (see: keep government out of my medicare / social security). If you are talking about the politicians/donors, bad news, Democrats want to gently caress those over as well (see: Glass-Steagall)

Minty fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 5, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Minty posted:

the restrictive new deal, which included programs that built much of America's infrastructure, has a program that still uplifts enough voters out of poverty that congress can't touch it, and had an act recently repealed which almost immediately caused the worst recession since the one it was enacted against, to name a few of the disasters

almost as bad as the great society, with it's catastrophic civil rights, medicare, and medicaid

Yes, these are all things Republicans hate.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Starving Wolf posted:

Don't be silly. Tei is clearly just a small, cute sapient rodent, as per their avatar image.

I haven't seen him post in awhile, I'm worried. :ohdear:

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

There was a period of about twenty years from the end of the 70s into the 90s where Keynsian economics were widely considered to be obsolete and the yuppie generation decided that the post war boom had nothing to do with the New Deal or Great Society social programs and was actually all about American grit and entrepreneurship and "Big Government" was only holding us back. Ramirez would reelect Reagan's rotting corpse if he could, so it's not surprising he bought into all that "small business owners are the backbone of America," "government can't create jobs" crap.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ularg posted:

I haven't seen him post in awhile, I'm worried. :ohdear:

Have there been any cats or owls about?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The original has "You can't handle democracy" in English?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awwwww, I recognize that girl Zelda's friend is hanging out with as her future girlfriend/wife! This must be how they meet :unsmith:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wait, this was a flashback?

Somebody catch me up with this comic. First up, who's Zelda?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

toanoradian posted:

Me.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

toanoradian posted:

First up, who's Zelda?

A princess.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Starving Wolf posted:

So by that standard that makes you, uh...

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A maladjusted barely constrained ball of insecurities, disgust, outrage, half crushed hopes and bitter irony. So, a millenial.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Minty posted:

V Republican voters do not (see: keep government out of my medicare / social security). If you are talking about the politicians/donors, bad news, Democrats want to gently caress those over as well (see: Glass-Steagall)

"No you see, the New Deal was actually a bad thing and only prolonged the Great Depression and made everything worse and *faaaaaaaaart*"

Seriously though, there's a visible push to reframe the New Deal as something bad and harmful, and instead attribute any positive consequences to the war and the moxy of the greatest generation.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea cause the New Deal is welfare nannie state and the war is us pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps.

:suicide:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Perestroika posted:

Seriously though, there's a visible push to reframe the New Deal as something bad and harmful, and instead attribute any positive consequences to the war and the moxy of the greatest generation.

Yep, WW2, with its immense amount of government spending and centralised planning was a triumph of the Free Market. Or something.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Are you storing these translated Zelda cartoons anywhere? I've missed plenty but don't fancy trawling through 662 pages of dross looking for them.

mediadave fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 5, 2017

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Perestroika posted:

"No you see, the New Deal was actually a bad thing and only prolonged the Great Depression and made everything worse and *faaaaaaaaart*"

Considering WW2 was an even bigger government spending project...

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Considering WW2 was an even bigger government spending project...

Yes, but it involved killing people. Sure, they were white, but it still got right wingers dicks to a chubbie.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

mediadave posted:

Are you storing these translated Zelda cartoons anywhere? I've missed plenty but don't fancy trawling through 662 pages of dross looking for them.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803673&userid=172554&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

mediadave posted:

"? button under his avatar.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, maybe it's a bit fanciful, and of course "The March of Progress" is an outdated and inaccurate way to depict human evolution. But points to Bell for not going "WE AM PLAY GODS!" like, I'm sure, every other cartoonist who draws on this topic will.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Can't wait for humanity to become Saturn.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Look at the haunches on that centaur!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Selachian posted:

Okay, maybe it's a bit fanciful, and of course "The March of Progress" is an outdated and inaccurate way to depict human evolution. But points to Bell for not going "WE AM PLAY GODS!" like, I'm sure, every other cartoonist who draws on this topic will.

Is this pro or anti designer babies? I'm saying pro

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You gotta be careful when you mention the Great Society, because if you're too loud then Zombie LBJ will break down your door, get up REAAAAAL close and start bitching about Vietnam :ohdear:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump’s Russia links – Robert Mueller convenes grand jury in his investigation into the presidential campaign’s alleged collusion with Moscow"

Telegraph:

Air passengers face delays due to strikes and tighter border controls

Independent:

After Gustave Doré (can't find original, apologies)

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

I always thought it was pretty cool how Britain accepted GoT fully, considering GRRM was American. Must be because of the basically-all-British cast.

e: poo poo I meant is. IS American. He's not literally dead yet.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Unfortunately I still haven't found a way to drain Ted rall of his life force and transfer it to GRRM but I'll keep trying.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Oh man boy howdy I sure do remember how the new deal and great society hosed everything up.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

toanoradian posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Unfortunately I still haven't found a way to drain Ted rall of his life force and transfer it to GRRM but I'll keep trying.

Can't you transfer it to someone who doesn't write lovely dragon books instead?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

The dragons seem like an odd thing to object to specifically

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

You gotta be careful when you mention the Great Society, because if you're too loud then Zombie LBJ will break down your door, get up REAAAAAL close and start bitching about his enormous cock and balls

Ftfy

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Lurdiak posted:

Look man every one of us wishes we could drain Ted rall of his life force to resurrect Nelson Mandela but it can't be done, with a person as lovely as Ted you have to work with what you got.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hell what about bringing back Pratchett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Out of the question, the tall skeletal figure in black robes had been very clear on that.:smith:

• Locked thread