Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ilifinicus posted:

fun fact; clamp in O1S is the highest velocity knockback in the game at 7 MALMS per seconds

This is roughly the same speed as the New Horizons and Voyager probes

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Minrad posted:

This is roughly the same speed as the New Horizons and Voyager probes

Lmao

Kalenn remind me to get nailed by this next week, thanks

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

ilifinicus posted:

fun fact; clamp in O1S is the highest velocity knockback in the game at 7 MALMS per seconds

1 Malm = 1.60 km
1.60 x 7 = 11.2
11.2km/s = Mach 33
Mach 33 = Escape Velocity

Alte Roite is quite literally punting you into space.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yes but what's the escape velocity of Hydaelyn, check mate round earthers :colbert:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ciaphas posted:

Yes but what's the escape velocity of Hydaelyn, check mate round earthers :colbert:

Nothing because gravity isn't a thing on Hydaelyn, everyone just gets drawn to her because she's so needy.

Counter check mate :gitgud:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

5 yalms per hour.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Ciaphas posted:

But this isn't happening on Hydaelyn. It's happening in an interdimensional rift. (so maybe it'd be more accurate to say you're not in the same dimension anymore)

Semi-related: I don't think I posted my clear pics of O1S and O2S yet so here (they're pre-Fantasia).

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
My MT happened to get punted by Clamp in O1S tonight. I happened to be streaming. Not sure if I made this clip right but...

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlightedCalmBisonPJSugar

We didn't have a good night but this clip made it all worth it to me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ruta posted:

My MT happened to get punted by Clamp in O1S tonight. I happened to be streaming. Not sure if I made this clip right but...

I don't know why I expected it to be but I'm sad he fell straight down instead of parabolically. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ruta posted:

What's up with the framerate?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Mordiceius posted:

Disco Lemonade! Why did you log out to sleep? You missed room 7. ;_;

Power went out. Came back in like 3 minutes, but I just went to bed.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Leal posted:

Omega....Gear?

holy poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

what's more disappointing though?

Mechanist in Stormblood or MGSV

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
MGSV still played well in spite of its flaws, so.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what's more disappointing though?

Mechanist in Stormblood or MGSV

Game play was solid so it beats MCH.

The story though...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So apparently Dualcast can be eaten by sprint because,

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Speaking of dumb things, why is it that I can use Delirium when I don't have Blood Weapon or Blood Price active for zero effect?

Also since you can't use them at the same time anymore, why can't they be merged into one button like Fell Cleave/Inner Beast?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Mindjack is finicky as gently caress in O3S. Though it's now the only mechanic I still can't do consistently. Progress!

Is there any visual indicator of where to stand that makes you actually be far enough away after mindjack resolves?

e: it occurs to me that this would probably be easier if I tried to run parallel to the edge of the squares, rather than diagonally.

I just stand a little inside the aoe marker and point diagonally. I usually stop just right but occasionally have to make small adjustments.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of dumb things, why is it that I can use Delirium when I don't have Blood Weapon or Blood Price active for zero effect?

It's also an mp restore, so just less effect, not zero.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's really dumb!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I love it when pubbies join in (on top of Mt Corel doing the exploding bomb GATE)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

depending on their setup, their stream could only be in 30 fps, or it could be a byproduct of their clipping/vod

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The morning crowd on weekends is so much better than the evening crowd. I managed to clear O3S with a pug where I was MTing for the very first time since the PLD wanted to OT. She had already put the panels down for the enrage and died right before the final Game cast.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.

I play on Linux on a six year old computer. I personally consider it a miracle it works at all!

And yeah, it's nice to hear about more weekend raiders. I don't really like committing the time on weekdays. I always wished server resets were Thursday.

ruta fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 5, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ruta posted:

I play on Linux on a six year old computer. I personally consider it a miracle it works at all!

And yeah, it's nice to hear about more weekend raiders. I don't really like committing the time on weekdays. I always wished server resets were Thursday.

Hah, that would explain it then.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
duty roulettes are incredibly strong. leveling, trials, and 50-60 took me from 59% to 87% as a level 69 monk.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I figured out my issue with mindjack

If I pop it on CD, blood for blood is up when the first mindjack happens

I was doing it right all along but the damage is so high b4b kills me

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just had a really fun Sirensong Sea run. I started off pulling the first pack, and I guess I missed the healer casting protect. That's not really a big deal, but apparently this made them very angry because they stopped healing me for the next pack.

Instead of kicking me like most normal groups, they decided to wait for me to drop and eat a penalty. All this because I moved out of range of protect. Fortunately one of the other dps dropped after waiting for 10 minutes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
rubber band/hair tie on the joy stick to make your dude run in circles, go grab a sandwich for lunch as the healer wastes 90 minutes not vote kicking you to show you a lesson

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The correct response to that situation is to just roll your eyes, make fun of them in a linkshell/FC chat, and not say anything but "lol sorry" in party chat

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

drat, they just wanted their sirensong ERP glamours and you wanted the healer to cast protect TWICE? Outrageous.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The correct response to that situation is to just roll your eyes, make fun of them in a linkshell/FC chat, and not say anything but "lol sorry" in party chat

No this definitely got more entertainment out of the situation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Just had a really fun Sirensong Sea run. I started off pulling the first pack, and I guess I missed the healer casting protect. That's not really a big deal, but apparently this made them very angry because they stopped healing me for the next pack.

Instead of kicking me like most normal groups, they decided to wait for me to drop and eat a penalty. All this because I moved out of range of protect. Fortunately one of the other dps dropped after waiting for 10 minutes.

Reminder that during the live letter when asked about Healer role actions, Yoshi-P said that Protect doesn't make a difference and that they left it in because people expect it as placebo.

Fister Roboto posted:

No this definitely got more entertainment out of the situation.

Also correct, when this happens you twist the knife for maximum drama and funsies. If anything, you let them off lightly.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

Why didn't you include the part of the conversation where you/they argue about not healing after the second pack? This screencap log starts halfway through the argument.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why didn't you include the part of the conversation where you/they argue about not healing after the second pack? This screencap log starts halfway through the argument.

That was literally the first thing anyone said in the instance.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
People get really loving weird over protect, and they should just take it out of cross-role entirely or make it a WHM CD like in pvp.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

People get really loving weird over protect, and they should just take it out of cross-role entirely or make it a WHM CD like in pvp.

:yeah:

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

B-but it's not a FF game without protect! What will I do without my 30 minute buff? :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How much actual damage reduction does it give you, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

How much actual damage reduction does it give you, anyway?

It increases the amount that your armor protects you by 10%. So if the enemy's true damage is 1000, and your armor reduces that by 20% to 800, protect will increase that reduction by 20, meaning you take 780.

I'm not sure what kind of damage reduction current armor gives though