Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

fwiw this has never changed iirc

i mean wrath stacks do more than that but that was always a part of it

No, each stack of wrath increased healing, not the flat bonus from Defiance that it's had since.

From the linked patch notes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Wow. I mean I can understand the appeal of a tank that doesn't have much in the way of defense, they just have shitloads of HP and the corresponding healing boost, but it sounds like they were garbage at implementing it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The thing is that it worked pretty well except in Coil and Titan Ex. Warriors could solo boss fates no problem because between wrath stacks, 300% heal and bloodbath anything that didn't kill them in 1-2 hits would just get healed away.

See above where things started to kill them in 1-2 hits.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I suspect old warrior would have been fine in T5 at i90, its just that paladins could clear it in i75-i80.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
RIP bloodbath, I never knew ye. :smith:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nuru posted:

Think about every useful ability/trait they have and then imagine them not having it.

Scroll down to Warrior changes and you'll see that 2.1 added everything you know as "Warrior".
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a

quote:

While under the effect of Defiance, characters will now gain increased enmity,
Ahahaha what the gently caress, this wasn't in 2.0?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Augus posted:

Yep.

It's not that Warrior was, like, undertuned in 2.0, they were outright trash.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I long for the days of double PLD double BRD

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Augus posted:

They always generated more enmity in defiance - I believe the patch just further buffed it. The phrasing is a little weird.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Most ASTs don't manage their cards very well. In fact, I've heard that part of the Balance nerf was so that bad ASTs didn't have to feel bad for playing cards that are not Balance. That is, they wanted to make it so it was basically okay to Draw and Royal Road one card, then Draw and use the next card with little thought. They didn't want players to feel that their choice in card usage was considerably worse than searching for and using a specific card combination. I'm not a fan, but I guess it fits with the thought process for much of the patch so far. You might find an AST that never uses their cards, and that's basically about as bad as a WHM that doesn't throw rocks. It's always going to be something that happens, no matter how easy they make either task.

Anyway, more on topic (even though the topic has passed), I'm not sure if the draw macros posted in the topic will work. The Draw cooldown starts on card use, not on card Draw (except in PvP). It would work if you always use the card you Draw via Draw, but not in any other case. Consider what would happen if you put your card in your Spread or Royal Road etc. It's going to play the sound effect early. In addition, any other macro you have is going to interrupt the long 30 second wait time. Things get even weirder when you consider Sleeve Draw. Let's say you Draw and use a card, then 10 seconds later you use Sleeve Draw, and Royal Road the card. The sound effect is going to go off in 20 seconds, but the cooldown will last another 10 seconds. I really don't know how you would force this to work for you.

I don't really know what to say at this point. I've spent a lot of time with AST, but I'm not really convinced it's the star people think it is anymore. I definitely don't think it's worth the effort to force yourself to learn it if it's not your cup of tea unless you really want to live on the bleeding edge and need those shields against o4s with crafted gear.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I LOVE TO (quick) RELOAD DURING A BATTLE.

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN SLAMMING A LONG SILVER BULLET INTO A WELL NERFED CLASS.

:suicide:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
keep the faith till tuesday gunbrother

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

What a poo poo card.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So apparently the movement mechanic with the first spellblade holy in O3S is clientside or something, because one of our healers harddrive started dying and stuff stopped spawning or moving, and instead of them swapping, they stood still and the person who was swapping with them got swapped ontop of them killing both.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Augus posted:

Zinkraptor posted:

They always generated more enmity in defiance - I believe the patch just further buffed it. The phrasing is a little weird.

Remembering the same. IIRC, the patch changed the enmity modifier from 1.2x to 2x. Shield Oath was in the same boat. Leveling dungeons weren't a lot of fun to tank back then, and it was night and day after the patch. Don't recall as significant of a change to global tank enmity outside of the recent buff to Flash/Overpower/Unleash.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Count Bleck posted:

THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN SLAMMING A LONG SILVER BULLET INTO A WELL NERFED CLASS.

/gbarrel. Don't sully that revolver with pointless decoration.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
gbarrel only works on the user's end so it's sullied no matter what. Might as well be honest about it (and take screenshots without it on at all :v:)

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 5, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Are there any guns that /gbarrel looks good on?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So apparently the movement mechanic with the first spellblade holy in O3S is clientside or something, because one of our healers harddrive started dying and stuff stopped spawning or moving, and instead of them swapping, they stood still and the person who was swapping with them got swapped ontop of them killing both.
knockbacks are executed clientside and you can override the memory location for knockbacks if you're a cheating fool and the server will not give a poo poo

there's a giant dictionary of velocities the knockbacks move you at that gets updated every patch

fun fact; clamp in O1S is the highest velocity knockback in the game at 7 MALMS per seconds

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ilifinicus posted:

knockbacks are executed clientside and you can override the memory location for knockbacks if you're a cheating fool and the server will not give a poo poo

there's a giant dictionary of velocities the knockbacks move you at that gets updated every patch

fun fact; clamp in O1S is the highest velocity knockback in the game at 7 MALMS per seconds

Wait what? How does it not just send you completely out of bounds, or do you mean yalms?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mindjack is finicky as gently caress in O3S. Though it's now the only mechanic I still can't do consistently. Progress!

Is there any visual indicator of where to stand that makes you actually be far enough away after mindjack resolves?

e: it occurs to me that this would probably be easier if I tried to run parallel to the edge of the squares, rather than diagonally.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 5, 2017

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Mindjack is finicky as gently caress in O3S. Though it's now the only mechanic I still can't do consistently. Progress!

Is there any visual indicator of where to stand that makes you actually be far enough away after mindjack resolves?

e: it occurs to me that this would probably be easier if I tried to run parallel to the edge of the squares, rather than diagonally.

It looks like it sends you exactly two square lengths, which is 1/sqrt(2) -- about 71% -- of the diagonal of the 2x2 area you have to work with. So if you stand roughly in the middle of the square next to your tether guy, and run along the diagonal directly away, you'll end up very close to the opposite corner.

That's what I do every time, and I've never died to it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

VHGS posted:

It looks like it sends you exactly two square lengths, which is 1/sqrt(2) -- about 71% -- of the diagonal of the 2x2 area you have to work with. So if you stand roughly in the middle of the square next to your tether guy, and run along the diagonal directly away, you'll end up very close to the opposite corner.

That's what I do every time, and I've never died to it.

So it sounds like, in theory, I could stand in the corner of an adjacent square and walk sideways instead of diagonally

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Wait what? How does it not just send you completely out of bounds, or do you mean yalms?

If you get hit by Clamp you're thrown off the map.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

With 7 loving seconds left before enrage, we got O1S down :sun:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

So it sounds like, in theory, I could stand in the corner of an adjacent square and walk sideways instead of diagonally

I'm pretty sure at least one person in my group does that. The only downside is that if you're slightly off on the angle you can run into the thorns and die before you can correct with an unlucky server tick.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Haquer posted:

With 7 loving seconds left before enrage, we got O1S down :sun:

Last pull last second. The most casual of Friday raiding.

Meldonox posted:

What a poo poo card.

Unless I overlooked something, the highest payout on that card is the top right to bottom left, for a grand total of 102. That is one lovely, lovely card.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

vOv posted:

It does send you completely out of bounds. The only way to not die instantly if you're hit by it in O1S is to be shielded enough to take 0 damage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ilifinicus posted:

This is amazing.

Also, welp. Looks like I'm without a static again. Anybody on Aether in need of a sam or monk who is up to 04S?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Brainamp posted:

/gbarrel. Don't sully that revolver with pointless decoration.

:captainpop:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Eopia posted:

It does send you completely out of bounds. The only way to not die instantly if you're hit by it in O1S is to be shielded enough to take 0 damage.

hobbesmaster posted:

This sounds amazing and now I'm going to intentionally get hit by it next time my group does our weekly O1S.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hobbesmaster posted:

Clamp is my 100% least favorite mechanic in O1S. There is so much poo poo going on I would miss at least one of the cast bars on every other run :argh:

E: Also after uploading to FFlogs it turned into apparently only 5 seconds left until enrage hit :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

vOv posted:

This sounds amazing and now I'm going to intentionally get hit by it next time my group does our weekly O1S.

I've been dumb and gotten hit by it before. You literally go from the platform to outerspace in less than a second. Seeing someone else get hit they just loving vanish. It's hilarious and amazing.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Seeking advice on the 70 BLM opener/rotation question.

I'm seeing some videos/OF posts/reddit posts/etc.... where the BLM's are using Leylines during Umbral opener (ex: B3>Enochian>T3>Leylines>B4>F3), and then using Triple Cast & Swiftcast for the opening Fire IV's, but isn't using Triple/Swiftcast during Leylines sort of... anti-synergy? Sure, you're lowering the recast time regardless, but you're missing out on 4 GCD's worth of lowered cast times, no? Wouldn't it be better to use Triple/Swiftcast, and then Leylines afterwards?

Then there is the question about Thundercloud usage. I've seen some people who throw them out immediately after getting the proc, while others only use them during the Umbral phases.

I've also heard things like Blizzard 4 isn't worth casting and is a loss in some instances and uhhh.. :ohdear:

Basically does anyone have a link to some solid reputable resources for BLM at 70, or care to share your personal findings? I'm getting some conflicting reports, and nearing 70 and would really like some clarity.

Paging Esthi Kreig (sorry forget your SA name)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This actually works perfectly! A shame i'm not sure how to get a screenshot from the PS4 other than just possibly uploading it somewhere else. Does the Gpose camera allow you to take pictures too or are you suppose to do that somehow else? Definitely isn't a button on the controller.

I just take a screenshot and tweet it and then I can access it wherever

Ciaphas posted:

Yes please, I'd love to switch back to MCH.

I'm not getting my hopes up this time though, after 4.05's adjustments.

That would mean I could use my BLM when needed, I'm in favour of this :v:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Your screen basically immediately goes black - you need to convince someone else to do it!

Speaking of screens just going black - the Susano and o2s enrages are just plain lame. Out of all the crazy mechanics in those two fights they couldn't put in a proper enrage?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Disco Lemonade! Why did you log out to sleep? You missed room 7. ;_;

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Everyday I log into my real life rear end job with a similar rear end password to all my other stuff (FF) as I know most can well relate. I'm wanting to login into my FF, do some bird farming, pass any time I can and then when I accidentally input the wrong password it says I cannot login for SEVERAL minutes and from past experience, that ain't no five minute period. I don't have time to be waiting for this amateur rear end setup. They need to have this security breach to go to my email to do whatever security protocol I need to do to unlock my account just like any other game/online account (of any source) does. Unless they want to refund me my 50 cents for wasting my account time that I pay for, I suggest they update their dinosaur rear end security system.

Btw, the repetitive, LAZY, rewards for this wack rear end event their doing SUCKS. GET YOUR poo poo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah it's hilarious, it just sends you flying

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mordiceius posted:

Disco Lemonade! Why did you log out to sleep? You missed room 7. ;_;

Good job dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Count Bleck posted:

Omega....Gear?