Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Alhazred posted:

It's kinda adorable that people think that lamb, goose and duck is some kinda weird exotic food.

pressed duck is not exotic cuz of the duck

https://www.amazon.com/Matfer-Bourgeat-DUCK-CARCASS-PRESS/dp/B000KEJS22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Someone's planning an interesting meal

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What the gently caress. I've never heard of this. Right now I'm imagining a whole, live duck being put under there and pressed somehow.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I'm not sure what the goal of the press is, but I'm pretty sure the duck is supposed to be dead already.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Review posted:

Top customer reviews

3.0 out of 5 starsI bought this on the recommendation of my brother in ...
ByC. Wardon February 21, 2017

I bought this on the recommendation of my brother in law in Memphis and his sister in Wilmington. Evidently ducks vary by region and I was not able to extract anything from the Texas duck's. So I returned to water boarding them. That worked and I figured out their plot, saving the lake, neighborhood, city, county, state and (ahem) nation. Couldn't be prouder but Lord it's hard to be humble.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, everyone please read the reviews.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Definitely would.

My daughter found a recipe which was kind of like this but far less complicated, and involved a wheel of Brie. I bake bread, so I knocked out a standard model Pane Rustico (https://fankhauserblog.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/pane-rustica-recipe-whole-wheatwhite-flour/) which she then cut the top off, sliced the sides almost all the way to the bottom, cut the middle out, placed in the cavity a small wheel of Brie, added chopped garlic and chives, and then replaced the top. Baked at the same temperature for essentially the same amount of time. It was awesome. Gooey, garlic-y Brie with dipping slices right on the plate. The Brie melts, the garlic/chives kind of sink in, and the bread toasts up so that it's firm enough to "dip".

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I'm not sure what the goal of the press is, but I'm pretty sure the duck is supposed to be dead already.

go to the link i linked

richass swiss guy goes and gets it

I can't find it in the US, even in Palo Alto or Atherton, surprisingly. Might have to go to NYC

http://fxcuisine.com/Default.asp?language=2&Display=13&resolution=high

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Something about that little fruit really touched at the sex receptacle in my brain.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Edit: that looks like a poptart with pizza toppings. A poptart is a pizza

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Aug 5, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Alhazred posted:

It's kinda adorable that people think that lamb, goose and duck is some kinda weird exotic food.
I think it's less 'exotic' and more 'people collectively stopped eating them on the reg for some reason'.

How all three of those had that happen and loving turkey is still popular, I have no idea.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Edit: that looks like a poptart with pizza toppings. A poptart is a pizza
Actually I believe you'll find that a poptart is a sandwich.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Haifisch posted:

I think it's less 'exotic' and more 'people collectively stopped eating them on the reg for some reason'.

How all three of those had that happen and loving turkey is still popular, I have no idea.

My mom thinks it's weird that I like to eat duck outside of Christmas. It's delicious!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I blame cartoons for the relative lack of duck eating in the US.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

curufinor posted:

go to the link i linked

I can't find it in the US, even in Palo Alto or Atherton, surprisingly. Might have to go to NYC

:discourse:

Calling that crazy Finnish guy with a hydraulic press!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Grand Fromage posted:

I blame cartoons for the relative lack of duck eating in the US.

The rabbit tried his best to get us all into it.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
I actually posted about that guy back before I banned myself the first time, 2006 or so
Can't find on archives but lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Well...

Dead for sure. But it's killed by strangling, and all the blood is left in the carcass. When the parts used for roasting and pate are removed, the remaining scraps and skeleton are pressed to obtain the leftover blood and whatever other effluvium there is. Finally, the pressed sludge is used to prepare a sort of sauce which will garnish the meat and pate of the duck.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Kool-Aid chicken?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Antifreeze glaze, adds a nice sweetness

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

please post your source for buying Nuka Cola tia

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

curufinor posted:

go to the link i linked

Hmmm, yes, that sure looks like something lovingly crafted table-side on a multi-jillion Euro, sterling silver, one-of-a-kind duck press

:psyduckpress:

I mean, maybe it tastes fantastic, but holy moly is that some weapons grade AFP, when you consider the effort and expense. I don't expect Aunt Gwen to come up with something that looks great, but if I'm dropping 70 Euro on lunch at the oldest restaurant on France, it really shouldn't look like something dredged from Onondaga Lake.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ChaseSP posted:

Actually I believe you'll find that a poptart is a sandwich.

Pretty sure it's the world's worst jelly donut.

Unless a jelly donut is also a sandwich.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Unless a jelly donut is also a sandwich.

It is.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Missing Name posted:

Antifreeze glaze, adds a nice sweetness

*forensic files guy voice*

ethylene glycol

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Nyquil chicken!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Hmmm, yes, that sure looks like something lovingly crafted table-side on a multi-jillion Euro, sterling silver, one-of-a-kind duck press

:psyduckpress:

I mean, maybe it tastes fantastic, but holy moly is that some weapons grade AFP, when you consider the effort and expense. I don't expect Aunt Gwen to come up with something that looks great, but if I'm dropping 70 Euro on lunch at the oldest restaurant on France, it really shouldn't look like something dredged from Onondaga Lake.

here i added some parsely for u do u like it now

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
actual bonafide better pic:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

curufinor posted:

actual bonafide better pic:

where's the parsely

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the reason duck presses are so expensive is because of all the extra inspection you have to do on them. you don't want to get halfway done juicing a duck and realize the metal has a quack in it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the reason duck presses are so expensive is because of all the extra inspection you have to do on them. you don't want to get halfway done juicing a duck and realize the metal has a quack in it

ugh

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

You should honestly feel ashamed of yourself.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Lutha Mahtin posted:

You should probably duck out of this thread and take a gander at GWS, they can probably help you with your pressing issue.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Major INTERSpess
Apr 18, 2013

Call Apogee
Say Aardwolf

I have a sneaking feeling that's from one of Guy Fieri's restaurants.

I've seen plenty of waitresses struggle trying to get that can off the plate without the food ending up -everywhere-. I crack up every time I watch them spend a good minute trying to carefully maneuver that thing off without the whole plate ending up on the customer.

(Then I cry inside because I know their old nachos tasted like 100 times better.)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
gently caress, now I want nachos. Not those nachos, but really good nachos. I had amazing nachos at Pie for the People in Joshua Tree last year, and I want those nachos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
uhhh

http://www.exoticmeatmarkets.com/Lion-Meat-for-sale-s/393.htm