Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ilkhan posted:

You guys get awfully angry about how people choose to run their lives.

I must take after mine and everyone else's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Ether Frenzy posted:

gently caress United forever. I gave my boy Shady another $40 in cash for his effort. If they ever invent Uber Air, I am all over buying shares.

An Uber-type business for flying can not and will not happen ever. It's been suggested a few times by libertard techbros with IQs lower than their body temperatures, and each time the FAA basically laughs at them until they're blue in the face.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Fo3 posted:

I live 100m from a bus stop that has 2 routes. One to the local bus station that has a shopping centre, it goes the other way to a train station and also passing a mall where my bank is. The other bus that stops there goes from the same local bus station with shopping centre (yeah that's right, both go there so there's either every 10min), or to a slightly further away train station. On the way there that bus passes a dan murphy large booze shop, so I use that to get booze.

That's not all, a further 100m from that stop there's a bus route that goes down the main road into the city. There's some shops I needed to go to on that road so that was handy.
Also if I walked 300m the other direction, there's yet another stop/bus route that takes a more convoluted path but also ends up on the main road to the city. My local grocery store is in that direction so I used that bus back from the city if I wanted to stop at the local shop on the way home.

Didn't happen by accident, I picked a "dodgy place" (very outdated reputation) to live in where public transport and shopping was good. Ask anyone in my city about public transportation and they will say they hate it. Mostly because they either don't use it, or because they live 30km from the city and as the freeway is gridlock during peak hour they grudgingly use it when everyone else is trying to get to work too, so they hate it.
Live in the right place and there's a nearly empty bus or train every 10-20min.

I'm jealous, we have terrible options for public transportation and no one wants to spend money to make it better.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I use Uber, Lyft, bicycles, taxis, buses, trains, planes, and seaways to get around if needed. Oh and I don't buy Apple products. :3:

snerk

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

I use Uber, Lyft, bicycles, taxis, buses, trains, planes, and seaways to get around if needed. Oh and I don't buy Apple products. :3:

snerk

I am refusing to leave the house until my pre-paid Moller Skycar is delivered.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

QuarkMartial posted:

Oh, he has them. They're locked up with her medicine that she's supposed to take, but she abuses, so he doles it out to her on whatever the prescribed schedule is.

Or, supposedly. He said that once and has denied it ever since and returned to the whole "she doesn't abuse her medicine any more, she takes it like she should but I'mma stay here tonight...."

No offense, but it sounds like you know way to much about his life and you should care way less.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I saw two SR-71s today. It was a good day.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
I just sold the motorcycle I bought when I graduated college and swore I would never sell. First/only new vehicle I've ever owned. I haven't been riding it much the last few years, but I'm still pretty bummed. I think I'll go sit in the garage and drink alone spend every last cent on eBay.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Currently slumming it in the purgatorial townhouse until the new house is built.

It's not great, but its better than no music.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Currently slumming it in the purgatorial townhouse until the new house is built.

What's that PMD thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel fat as shot today. Hopped on the scale and I'm a pound lighter than my last weigh in. The gently caress.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Nice Turntable! My dad has the same one.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Is Miami in early October a good idea? Never been and flights are cheap so I'm thinking of spending a week there on holidays.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bajaha posted:

Is Miami in early October a good idea? Never been and flights are cheap so I'm thinking of spending a week there on holidays.

I mean it's still florida, so (*bugsbunnysawingoffflorida.gif)

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Did an impromptu trip up to DuPont state park to go mountain biking with some buddies. I don't think I've ever found a work out I enjoy more. I've only got about 100 miles of biking under my belt so far, but man is it fun sending it on a good down hill and not crashing and dying.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Miami is the kinda place I'd go for a day but never live there. I prefer the more laid back vibe from Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, but I also live 45 minutes north of downtown Tampa so I may be biased. Depending when in october you go, the water may still be warm enough for some beachtime, tons of great cuban food and lots of super trendy clubs if thats your thing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seminal Flu posted:

I saw two SR-71s today. It was a good day.

Nice, I'd love to see one in the flesh one day, but it would require me to do a lot of travelling.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You Am I posted:

Nice, I'd love to see one in the flesh one day, but it would require me to do a lot of travelling.
Less than me, and I've done it. Go see one, it's worth it.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Uber is more horrible than most companies lol

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Man I need to fix my turntable

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bajaha posted:

Probably not, but what are you trying to get out of it?
/Native Miamian who left

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Bajaha posted:

I haven't been to miami but I go to the panhandle (Destin) for 2 weeks every October and it is the best time/weather/crowds. Go for it. I may be able to get you very cheap accommodations in Miami if you PM me next week with dates.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

everdave posted:

I haven't been to miami but I go to the panhandle (Destin) for 2 weeks every October and it is the best time/weather/crowds. Go for it. I may be able to get you very cheap accommodations in Miami if you PM me next week with dates.

Sounds good, I jumped the gun and PM'ed you now.

Only thing I'm hoping for is no hurricane/tropical storm and not becoming a character in the adventures of Florida Man.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Bajaha posted:

Only thing I'm hoping for is no hurricane/tropical storm and not becoming a character in the adventures of Florida Man.

Man I spend 4-6 weeks a year in Florida tourist/beach areas and would spend more if I could. Again I haven't been to Miami. I will check the PM but it may be Monday before I check hotels for you through some timeshare stuff (no you don't have to do timeshare meeting or anything else) I can sometimes score crazy deals. Will let you know.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hey guys remember the cat my mom adopted awhile back? I remember IoC saying she looked like she had about enough of everyone's poo poo.

IT'S A TRAP! She'll shred your arm if you go for belly rubs (... like most cats).

Lots of progress on cat dog interactions. Dog likes cats, dogs, he loves anything that will play with him. Cat, on the other hand, hated him for several months. She still hisses at him a bit, but lets him get close now.

She's put on a bit of weight.. was about 10 pounds when adopted, around 14 now.

Meanwhile my 17 pound fatass is down to 14.5, shooting for 12.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went out and had a single beer with a buddy. On the way home a blue Hyundai swerved over and I narrowly missed his car due to a liberal application of brakes. He then takes off like a madman, swerving and weaving and nearly hits a few other cars. I find him stopped at the next light where he floors it off the line again.

So gently caress this drunk piece of poo poo, I called the cops. And they responded and chased his rear end down. The dispatcher even thanked me for thinking of the safety of others.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bajaha posted:

October is the best month to come in terms of perfect weather and less crowds.

Miami is expensive, especially if you want to hang out on South Beach and party all night. It's fun though.

The Gulf coast is cheaper and more laid back if you just want to chill and relax.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah I'm still not sure what Apple had to do with me saying "uber can die in a loving fire" other than EF trying to be a smug oval office :capitalism:

"Uber is misogynistic!!!!!!" - forums poster Tusen Takk

"I will casually use the word oval office as an insult" - also forums poster Tusen Takk, on the same page no less

If this attitude makes me smug, imagine how I feel when I think about your car sitting next to mine.

MrChips posted:

An Uber-type business for flying can not and will not happen ever. It's been suggested a few times by libertard techbros with IQs lower than their body temperatures, and each time the FAA basically laughs at them until they're blue in the face.

I'm going to die laughing when Apple pull a hundred billion of the $250b liquid cash they keep in offshore banks (cuz they're such altruistic superpatriots and all) and buys the FAA lock, stock & barrel from Trump right before he gets frogmarched from the white house, and voila. Goodbye US domestic airline racket, hello gig-based 777 pilots flying at 37mph while staring at their iPhones.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm beginning to think you don't understand how anything works at all

Also relying on comparing your car to other people's to gain satisfaction with your life is very sad and I hope you can find something more positive and uplifting sometime soon since you seem to be really mad about getting owned so thoroughly

Namaste, friend

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This interruption in forums bickering brought to you by my fat cat. He's almost fat enough to be a goon!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 6, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

That's a big cat

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Was.. well I guess he still is, but he's losing weight. I put him on a different food about a month ago, no longer free feed, and play with him a hell of a lot more. He's down a little over a pound since then. My target weight for him is 12 lbs, he was 16 lbs in that picture.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 6, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
God damnit dont make me pull this car over

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
burn it all down adam devine.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
"You just got thoroughly owned" - A guy who got owned

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
August 2017 Pwnage Thread

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

"You just got thoroughly owned" - A guy who got owned

I didn't get owned what the heck!!

The first person to start measuring dicks in the person who got owned :colbert:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I'm beginning to think you don't understand how anything works at all

Also relying on comparing your car to other people's to gain satisfaction with your life is very sad and I hope you can find something more positive and uplifting sometime soon since you seem to be really mad about getting owned so thoroughly

Namaste, friend

I regret to inform you this is not 219, chief.

edit: text me

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Strange mood today. If the motivational problem with the trans in the Nova really was due to a lack of fluid (which I seriously hope is the case), I can get that resolved today. I've got a quart of ATF ready to go. If that is the problem, this car could move under its own power for the first time in a while. I should be excited about that, right? I think I'm way more nervous than I am excited, though. I mean, I've replaced a ton of poo poo on this thing and I'm just super nervous about everything making GBS threads itself when it's put under the stress of motion.

New brakes (will they actually stop the car?), new rear end (did I assemble it right? will it explode upon movement?), new suspension (will it bind up and break everything?), new steering (will it fall apart and crash my poo poo?), new fan (will that loving thing even WORK?), etc. I guess I just don't have much faith in myself. I've had some pretty serious self-esteem issues for a while and I guess I just hoped they wouldn't leak into this project. It's like, I want to go out in the garage and see what happens, but I also don't, you know? Ugh. Sorry for the brain dump.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The first person to start measuring dicks in the person who got owned :colbert:

spoken like someone who lost the dick measuring game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

spoken like someone who lost the dick measuring game.

no one was willing to pull by the bright orange tumbleweeds.

• Locked thread