Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
i hope that granblue game comes to the switch and i hope i can play as narmaya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Feenix posted:

I own the game but haven't played in ages (or very far).
What does the update do?

I'd like to believe somehow that they made the game less brutal and unforgiving but I expect that is at the core 'physics' of the game's foundation, yeah? Rolling and balancing is hard. It is what it is...

The update has a ton of stuff, but the big addition is 4 new static mountains that each have their own quests and increase in difficulty. The first one is basically two stages resembling the first section of the original mountain, although maybe a little on the easier side, with a little... boss fight? type thing at the end. The quests all unlock special abilities that you can equip before each run, one of which negates damage from falling in holes.

It's definitely worth checking out again IMO. The ability that negates hole damage is kind of a game changer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

leftist heap posted:

The update has a ton of stuff, but the big addition is 4 new static mountains that each have their own quests and increase in difficulty. The first one is basically two stages resembling the first section of the original mountain, although maybe a little on the easier side, with a little... boss fight? type thing at the end. The quests all unlock special abilities that you can equip before each run, one of which negates damage from falling in holes.

It's definitely worth checking out again IMO. The ability that negates hole damage is kind of a game changer.

Thanks! I will give it another go!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

An ARPG based on Granblue Fantasy

Yuck

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Wake me when there's a My Hero Academia ARPG.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Given the way anime game adaptations work now it'll be a Bandai Namco PS4 action game.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Given the way anime game adaptations work now it'll be a Bandai Namco PS4 action game.

That in all other ways but resolution is indistinguishable from a PS2 game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mega64 posted:

The Switch version of Stardew will launch the same day the Rainway app does.

Speaking of which has there been any rainway news lately?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's very good but unfortunately the DPad is extremely mushy and bad. Like it didn't know what direction I was pressing in menus in Zelda, for something like fighting games or Tetris it's actually frustrating how bad it is.

Yeah, Puyo Puyo Tetris is practically unplayable with it and it hurts me in my soul.

I've googled around about it and allegedly it's something that only happens with some pro controllers though, and Nintendo will send you a replacement if you ask. Whether that replacement also has the flaw seems to be up in the air.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Speaking of which has there been any rainway news lately?

They seem to be making progress and aiming for a beta run later this year for non-Switch stuff. Switch version seems to be going well too though still no clue if Nintendo will actually OK it.

Their Twitter is probably your best bet for news.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
100% chance rainway is never on the Switch.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Good thing you are in the habit of being wrong.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Rainway confirmed for Switch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm glad I got "one of the good ones" in regards to the pro controller.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

100% chance the Switch is good

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't noticed any issues with my dpad but then again I play most games with split joycons, the only game I really play with my pro controller is Splatoon.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The Wii U pro controller's dpad was very good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

RZA Encryption posted:

The Wii U pro controller's dpad was very good.

All of Nintendo's dpads have been good up until this one, this is some MadCatz level poo poo.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can also move the left and right sticks to change pitch and other poo poo with the waiting music.

i wish the sticks would let you control the record spin itself so you could fake-scratch

pitch shifter and flanger are cool but letting me cut the record would be the poo poo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

All of Nintendo's dpads have been good up until this one, this is some MadCatz level poo poo.

Yup. I really hope they fix it. I'm not buying one until they're reliably good since that's pretty much the only selling point in getting one for me.

The joycons in grip are plenty comfortable for me other wise.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

this. lol if anyone thinks nintendo/steam/etc etc would allow this poo poo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DLC Inc posted:

this. lol if anyone thinks nintendo/steam/etc etc would allow this poo poo

Why would steam have any say in it?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

raditts posted:

My Wii U gamepad's dpad has the same problem. It was particularly annoying when I was playing Breath of the Wild.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Why did Nintendo make the Switch carts go in the wrong way?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really want Spelunky on the switch

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Good call whoever recommended Thumper a ways back. I had no idea the vibration worked as well as it does. Zelda doesn't use it at anywhere near its capacity.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Switch carts should have been shaped like tiny NES cartridge. Missed opportunity

Also what's the release date of the HORI fight stick? It was supposed to be out July but every place says it's back ordered but I never actually saw it being listed in stock anywhere

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The d-pad on my Pro Controller is solid. I'm hoping Nintendo is replacing them with good ones.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Last night i tried playing splatoon 2 and the pro controller freaked out. like, it aimed straight up and had me walking forward into the lobby, where it then shut off. seems to be working alright today though.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

spit on my clit posted:

Last night i tried playing splatoon 2 and the pro controller freaked out. like, it aimed straight up and had me walking forward into the lobby, where it then shut off. seems to be working alright today though.

Sounds like a calibration issue. The controller option has a recalibrate function. For next time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mrEkli posted:

Sounds like a calibration issue. The controller option has a recalibrate function. For next time.

Thanks!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

I've had my pro controller freak out on me randomly a couple times while playing Splatoon, it thought I was holding down buttons when I wasn't. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, and it hasn't happened in a week, so at think point I'm thinking it was probably just some buggy game code gone wrong.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Switch carts should have been shaped like tiny NES cartridge. Missed opportunity

Famicom carts were shaped differently, and also nothing should ever resemble an NES cart.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.
The first looked pretty fun, I'll buy it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The first looked pretty fun, I'll buy it.

I will too unless the port sucks like with Heroes on Switch.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Pretty cool news. Builders was a gem that flew way under the radar. Turns out giving Minecraft actual objectives and meaningful reasons to build cool towns works really well.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Has there been any news about Project Octopath Travele since it was announced back at the start of the year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Has there been any news about Project Octopath Travele since it was announced back at the start of the year?

Yes, just came down the wire, rumor is that its title is dumbo stupid

• Locked thread