Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So is inch also gonna trailer all his tools out there, or is the plan to fix the trukk with bare hands and sheer gumption?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Leperflesh posted:

So is inch also gonna trailer all his tools out there, or is the plan to fix the trukk with bare hands and sheer gumption?

He has tools?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Lol if you think theres anything left to bring thats not already currently strapped to my back or in my pockets

nm posted:

Dick: as a touring cyclist. Dyno hubs are best saved for lighting. The trickle you will get from a usb adaptor won't be much. For phones and poo poo, get a solar panel and a cache battery.
Dyno lights, however, are the loving poo poo.

Ah, i had recieved the exact opposite (aside from lighting) info from a delivery cyclist here in Seattle, and well i love me some gadgets

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So if I read this correctly you plan to take transport to North Flatte then cycle 200 odd kms with 20ish kgs of gear?

Thats a good plan and very doable. You might find you can cycle faster than you are estimating

If only it was flatte.

Checking the map, longest stretch of no services of any kind is about 60 miles on its own, at the tail end of summer. Adequate hydration will be crucial.

It'll be a hard day's ride, for sure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Lol if you think theres anything left to bring thats not already currently strapped to my back or in my pockets

Right, got it, so it's servicing split rims and running brake lines via sheer gumption. Well I'm on board, it'll be entertaining at least!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Buy a 100oz camelbak and as many giant water bottles as can fit on you bike.

60mi is totally doable in a day for virtually anyone given that you've broken in your rear end to sit on a bike for 4-6 hours with <4000ft of climbing, loaded.

Oh, make sure you bring some spare spokes and have someone show you how to replace a spoke abd true wheels. 50lbs of gear is harder on a bike wheel than 50lbs of human.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

Rosie's not a pocket cat. :ohdear: Is she OK?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yond Cassius posted:

This is what I was thinking!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yond Cassius posted:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fortunately, she's a Swiss Army cat, so you can just fold the tools out of her butt as needed.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

DICK DICER posted:

Ah, i had recieved the exact opposite (aside from lighting) info from a delivery cyclist here in Seattle, and well i love me some gadgets

I'm guessing delivery cyclists run faster/lighter than touring cyclists so I can see them running the dyno hard enough to charge a phone.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Real talk: What's your life plan after Nebraska? As cool of an idea as this is, we're just a bunch of random dudes on the internet (whom you don't need to entertain with these...shenanigans) and would rather see you get back on your feet. If this is part of the path, then so be it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Real talk i may be gone until about sept 3 because im going to Nevada as a combat mechanic to help someone hot enough to be a suicide girl right now make it there by monday or Tuesday so we can start work building a city in the middle of the loving desert designed to be a temple dedicated to sensory overload

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sounds like we need another thread :getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently her ex boyfriend she just dumped was a mechanic in a long line of mechanics who hosed her over so she doesnt know what to do to get it there in one piece.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14" at burning man. What, as they say, could possibly go wrong?

The dizzying kalidescope of terrors that whip past my mind's eye when I, metaphorically speaking, suspiciously glance sidelong at the thought while carefully avoiding making eye contact, well. This is me mentally walking away briskly and refusing to contemplate the matter any further. Nope.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Have two friends who are former suicide girls, and plenty of burner friends. They're always batshit crazy.

.... usually in a good way, but not always. (some day I WILL go to burning man, it just won't be anytime soon, since $$$)

Also am I the only one who thought that was a super base model 80s S-10? at first? :smith: My minitruck game is getting really weak.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

14" Burning Dick :getin:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

DICK DICER posted:

Apparently her ex boyfriend she just dumped was a mechanic in a long line of mechanics who hosed her over so she doesnt know what to do to get it there in one piece.

~the playa provides~

Also yes I want a 14" goes to Burning Man thread.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

14" Burning Dick :getin:

I was going to go with 14 FOOT EFFIGY

Rude Dude With Tude posted:

Also yes I want a 14" goes to Burning Man thread.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

I can probably provide some supplies for the road when you're getting ready to go (and some small/useful gadgetry).

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Real talk i may be gone until about sept 3 because im going to Nevada as a combat mechanic to help someone hot enough to be a suicide girl right now make it there by monday or Tuesday so we can start work building a city in the middle of the loving desert designed to be a temple dedicated to sensory overload

:justpost:

THREADTHREADTHREADTHREADTHREAD.

I eagerly await the next chapter in the 14" Saga: Burning Man's 14" Dick.

(I'm in this for the schadenfreude and human drama, the truck is just an additional feature)

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 7, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Have two friends who are former suicide girls, and plenty of burner friends. They're always batshit crazy.

.... usually in a good way, but not always. (some day I WILL go to burning man, it just won't be anytime soon, since $$$)

Also am I the only one who thought that was a super base model 80s S-10? at first? :smith: My minitruck game is getting really weak.

I mean I found out why she went to prison today

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

I mean I found out why she went to prison today

Auto theft?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All im really at liberty to say is the Feds decided to hold off on a ten year minimum conspiracy charge if they complete parole without incident, which is why we're running to Burning Man then who knows

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Please don't get involved with the instagram #superbloom toiletpaper goblins.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

All im really at liberty to say is the Feds decided to hold off on a ten year minimum conspiracy charge if they complete parole without incident, which is why we're running to Burning Man then who knows

This can only end well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

This can only end well.

x2

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Sounds like drug trafficking related charges

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Sounds like drug trafficking related charges

"Aiding and abetting the flight of a fugitive" will look good on a resumé.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
To the motorcycle gang, sure.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
is this person sober? are you sober dave?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BraveUlysses posted:

is this person sober? are you sober dave?

Believe it or not its been.going back.down use wise ever since i was jumped. Hell, i average about a pack of smokes a week or less right now too.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

DICK DICER posted:

Believe it or not its been.going back.down use wise ever since i was jumped. Hell, i average about a pack of smokes a week or less right now too.

It's ok, you can just say "No"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Lightbulb Out posted:

It's ok, you can just say "No"

Not being able to say "No" is his problem.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

spog posted:

Not being able to say "No" is his problem.

Man, the layers contained in this post.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The thread title is not an invitation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

The thread title is not an invitation.

YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES