Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

mysterious loyall X posted:

my favorite is battle garegga becasue its sick, but also playing for score and a 1ccc are the same thing

if you're really conservative with your weapons and don't collect many powerups a no-miss is possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVoDv4phxTs

but yeah, seems like it's pretty much go all-out for score or don't score at all if you want to clear the game, no in-between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

folder posted:

lol they're all dead. Goodnight gamers

Hell yeah dude. OoK is the sickest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can hear the screams

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

I can hear the screams

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tonight I'm going to play a ton of wizardry 6

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

I can hear the screams

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I can hear the screams

Please no

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

In Training posted:

I can hear the screams

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I still can't beat OoK goddammit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile all night. might stream idk

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm on that splatoon 2 train

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

it might be cheaper to buy the super special edition off amazon.jp instead of on psn at this point :negative:

Amazon Tony does it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wish I could be playing DDS but I'm away from the PS2. Mario Kart and Splatoon for the next week here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh but my Wii U is here, with a lot of good GBA games on it, including all the Castlevanias I played through. Which one of the GBA CVs has the best NG+ options? I know Circle of the Moon has a lot of cycles, I may play through that one again

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Oh but my Wii U is here, with a lot of good GBA games on it, including all the Castlevanias I played through. Which one of the GBA CVs has the best NG+ options? I know Circle of the Moon has a lot of cycles, I may play through that one again

Aria has items you can only get via NG+ hard mode which are pretty cool. Also the boss rush rewards are fun to dick around with in NG+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was dinking around with COTM magician mode and it's cool to see all the DSS cards I never bothered to grind out. Got instagibbed by the first boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It might be fun to try and kill every boss with the skeleton gimmick transformation

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

AoS is one of my favorite games of all time so I'm a bit biased.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

AoS is one of my favorite games of all time so I'm a bit biased.

I think I'm gonna play both. Magician mode is so gimmicky that I've decided I'm going to use the invuln spell to run boss to boss and then fight them in skele form. And then I'll probably play AoS again, because it kicks rear end. Maybe I'll try hard mode.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Money Puzzle Exchanger and Real Bout Fatal Fury

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I think I'm gonna play both. Magician mode is so gimmicky that I've decided I'm going to use the invuln spell to run boss to boss and then fight them in skele form. And then I'll probably play AoS again, because it kicks rear end. Maybe I'll try hard mode.

Where's your DS dude. It's time for OoE level 1 hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Where's your DS dude. It's time for OoE level 1 hard

I couldn't even beat regular OoE hard. But if I had my 3DS on hand I'd be playing Theatrhythm or SMTIV.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ecclesia was some win

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
like a loving idiot i havent gamed at all today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stuck on the hugh battle because he's too fast for skeleton mode. I found a strat that works, using the thunderbird summon mid air and then super jumping to the ceiling and using it again before I hit the ground, repeat, but one hit and I die. Pretty rough

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

More DOOM 4. I kind of understand all the Games people that bitch nonstop about how much they hate the game that they're putting 40 hours a week into now because that's basically how I feel about this one. When it's good it's really good, which keeps me playing, but when it's bad it's really bad, which keeps me from really liking it. Hoping to get it finished today.

Also played a little bit of The Secret World: Legends which I just remembered launched on Steam, with a new Templar Gunslinger. Not sure how I feel about having actual classes now instead of letting you just pick whichever weapons you wanted like the original but I'm liking the combat and UI improvements so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Stuck on the hugh battle because he's too fast for skeleton mode. I found a strat that works, using the thunderbird summon mid air and then super jumping to the ceiling and using it again before I hit the ground, repeat, but one hit and I die. Pretty rough

Phew I did it. This fight took me like 40 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aria of sorrow now. What a sick game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Witcher 3.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

been playing a lot of pubg and splatoon 2. my heart seeks a meaty comfort RPG or something. I can't play FFT through any more times, and I feel like I've already done all the big name RPGs and SRPGS. I tried to get into DDS but it wasn't hooking me. Started a new playthrough of Chrono Cross also, but I don't know if it will last. Also playing FTL a bit, but i'm bad at it.

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 7, 2017

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
Any normal people playing Grimoire? Would like to hear an imp zoners opinion, even if its "dont play it"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Played Saboteur and Terra Mystica while eating cake on my birthday

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Played Saboteur and Terra Mystica while eating cake on my birthday

Happy birthday!

On my weekend, I played yet more Rainbow Six: Siege (finally got an ace, and killed all five enemies! :toot:) as well as a lot of rounds of the Dominion card game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order really cheap and played it about halfway through over the weekend, it's surprisingly really good. I didn't like new DOOM from what I played because it's all boring combat arenas with no level design and the shooting felt bad, and I figured this would be the same, but it's pretty great. The dumb story and heavy cutscene focus put me off as well but I'm actualoly quite enjoying even those. it's weird to call a game where you smash up a concentration camp with a giant stomping robot "respectful" but it kind of is? thanks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Aria of sorrow now. What a sick game

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

been playing a lot of pubg and splatoon 2. my heart seeks a meaty comfort RPG or something. I can't play FFT through any more times, and I feel like I've already done all the big name RPGs and SRPGS. I tried to get into DDS but it wasn't hooking me. Started a new playthrough of Chrono Cross also, but I don't know if it will last. Also playing FTL a bit, but i'm bad at it.

If you're looking for a comfy JRPG, do Trails in the Sky if you haven't yet. It's got a very relaxing prologue and it's hard to get through if you aren't already in that relaxed mindset so it's ideal right now

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I really wanna get into this game but the combat puts me off. They could have made it look nicer. It was psp era

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

klapman posted:

If you're looking for a comfy JRPG, do Trails in the Sky if you haven't yet. It's got a very relaxing prologue and it's hard to get through if you aren't already in that relaxed mindset so it's ideal right now

They just patched in turbo mode into the pc versions if the battle speed is a bit too sloggy for you as well.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I havent been able to game in two weeks, but tomorrow has so many possibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Control Volume posted:

I havent been able to game in two weeks, but tomorrow has so many possibilities

Oh yeah, I know that feeling, that's for sure! Always good, when you know your 'gaming drought' is almost over. Have fun!

In the meantime, I'll be sleeving more cards for Dominion, as the expansion I ordered is arriving today. (300 of them...urgh! Gotta be done, though) Aside from that, I'll probably play some more Rainbow Six with friends, which is always good fun.