Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The local 40k event organizer has been bitching incessantly for weeks about how bad chaos is and how space marines have gotten buffed and are the best and I really hope poo poo like this gets him to shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

chutche2 posted:

The local 40k event organizer has been bitching incessantly for weeks about how bad chaos is and how space marines have gotten buffed and are the best and I really hope poo poo like this gets him to shut the gently caress up.

Hope is the first step to disappointment.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Will anything get rid of Krylon primer? The second batch of models I primed with it came out looking blotchy and gross and over-primed and I need to correct this mistake

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

chutche2 posted:

I didn't know Goose Willis lived near you.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

goose willis posted:

Will anything get rid of Krylon primer? The second batch of models I primed with it came out looking blotchy and gross and over-primed and I need to correct this mistake

I had partial success with Super Clean, but be careful when scrubbing because it won't get it all and some of it is bonded to the plastic, so if you're too aggressive you can really gently caress the model up. Just go over it with a toothbrush until it's Good Enough (tm) to re-prime lightly for a painting surface.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I picked up Robot Girlyman and been working on painting the model. Not steady on the rules, but can I take him as a LoW and makr him my leader while the rest of my army is another chapter than Ultramarines?

Yes, but his buffs only affect Ultras.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yes, but his buffs only affect Ultras.

He has 2 buffs, right? One that effects Ultras, and a 2nd that effects all Imperium models, right?

Garmann
Nov 4, 2009
Grimey Drawer

WhiteWolf123 posted:

He has 2 buffs, right? One that effects Ultras, and a 2nd that effects all Imperium models, right?

Correct, his master of battle bubble is 12" and affects all imperial units.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I don't mind a little pinning here or there, but c'mon- I had to do this because the FW tail stubs are nowhere near enough. These and the landing fins both needed pinning, and even now I worry I'll need to do the same to the tail booms eventually.

Don't even get me started on the "fit" of the afterburner.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
After theory-crafting a half dozen lists with T'au, I've come to the conclusion that the primary limiter for how happy I am with a list is how many points it is. 2000 points demands some serious concessions from what I want to put on a table.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Shadin posted:

I had partial success with Super Clean, but be careful when scrubbing because it won't get it all and some of it is bonded to the plastic, so if you're too aggressive you can really gently caress the model up. Just go over it with a toothbrush until it's Good Enough (tm) to re-prime lightly for a painting surface.

super clean's worked fine for me.

You might want to leave it in for longer if its really bad, though.

edit: Also finally got my Pop Goes The Monkey shoulder insignia in. Shapeways is kinda pricey but these things fit on the pads perfectly and look great.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 5, 2017

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

Strobe posted:

After theory-crafting a half dozen lists with T'au, I've come to the conclusion that the primary limiter for how happy I am with a list is how many points it is. 2000 points demands some serious concessions from what I want to put on a table.

I find myself content between 1850-2000 points with lots of commander spam.
I've got 1850 now, and I think I'd add a couple piranhas or maybe stealth suits to get there.

Aside: in the future, I'd like to have maxed out seeker missiles on all my tanks and piranhas, what's the best way to get more seeker missiles?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

goose willis posted:

Brake fluid.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

I find myself content between 1850-2000 points with lots of commander spam.
I've got 1850 now, and I think I'd add a couple piranhas or maybe stealth suits to get there.

Aside: in the future, I'd like to have maxed out seeker missiles on all my tanks and piranhas, what's the best way to get more seeker missiles?

The core of my list is four Strike/Breacher Squads and their Devilfish, which understandably eats a big chunk of points. I get one unit each of Broadside, Crisis, Ghostkeel, and Stealth, and it feels a little bit disjointed at the end.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

I made a Redemptor for my Primaris loyalist Thousand Sons.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Lookin' good.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreenMarine posted:

drat son. That's the best looking Redemptor I've seen so far.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
It seems like Oblits are staying the same points, but their guns are now Assault 4 instead of Assault 2.
Mutilators are now 50ppm instead of 65.
Possessed are the same cost but Wound:2

So that's some love for units that never had much attention from players, at least this edition.

I guess I might as well post the rest of the point changes while I'm here, I have not seen them in the thread yet:
Bikers- 25 pts (-6 pts per model)
Cultist- 4 pts (-1 pt)
Lord in termi-105 pts (17 less)
Pred-90 pts (12 less)
Vindi-135 pts (25 less)
Defiler-152 (60ish pt decrease)
Lord of Skulls-365 (100 pts less)
Maulerfiend-140 (9pts less)
Mutliators-50 pts (15 less)
Noise Marines-15 pts (1 per guy)
Plagues-19 pts (2 per model)
Warpsmith-45 pts(-33 pts)
Abbadon-240 (-13 pts)
Kharne-160 (-13 pts)
Bloodletters/Daemonettes-7 pts (-2 per model)
Horrors- 8pts (-2)
Blue no change
brimstone-3 pts (+1) only thing that costs more
plagues-7 pts (-1)

Weapons:
Baleflamer-30 pts (-30 pts)
Blastmaster-20 pts (-8)
Hades AC-25 (-8 pts)
Reaper-15 pts (-3 pts)
Soulreaper-15 pts (-5 pts)

Melee:
Daemonic axe-10 pts (-35 pts)
Helforged sword-10 pts (-32 pts)
L claws-8/12 (-1 pt)
plague sword-1 pt (-2 pts)
power fist-12 pts (-8 pts)

There was a lot of 'power' decreases to keep up with the mild-big points decreases, but I don't remember them all. That one guy here who was upset about warptalons will be happy they are 1ppm cheaper because of the lightning claw changes and they are 2 power cheaper, at least their starting power, not sure how it changes as the unit size goes up.

I have made the changes to my personal google spreadsheet that I use to make my weird looking lists. I will continue to work on that for those few people who wanted a copy of it, I keep tweaking the format a bit here and there to make it more legible and pleasant. I'm working on a simple way to print it too, since that can be a pain sometimes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Crossposting from the painting thread.

I'm still debating on if I like the basing.

Floppychop posted:

My first time painting a Spess Muhreen and first time painting a mostly black model.

I need to get a cleaner with my lines, but overall I'm happy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WhiteOutMouse posted:

It seems like Oblits are staying the same points, but their guns are now Assault 4 instead of Assault 2.
Mutilators are now 50ppm instead of 65.
Possessed are the same cost but Wound:2

So that's some love for units that never had much attention from players, at least this edition.

I guess I might as well post the rest of the point changes while I'm here, I have not seen them in the thread yet:
Bikers- 25 pts (-6 pts per model)
Cultist- 4 pts (-1 pt)
Lord in termi-105 pts (17 less)
Pred-90 pts (12 less)
Vindi-135 pts (25 less)
Defiler-152 (60ish pt decrease)
Lord of Skulls-365 (100 pts less)
Maulerfiend-140 (9pts less)
Mutliators-50 pts (15 less)
Noise Marines-15 pts (1 per guy)
Plagues-19 pts (2 per model)
Warpsmith-45 pts(-33 pts)
Abbadon-240 (-13 pts)
Kharne-160 (-13 pts)
Bloodletters/Daemonettes-7 pts (-2 per model)
Horrors- 8pts (-2)
Blue no change
brimstone-3 pts (+1) only thing that costs more
plagues-7 pts (-1)

Weapons:
Baleflamer-30 pts (-30 pts)
Blastmaster-20 pts (-8)
Hades AC-25 (-8 pts)
Reaper-15 pts (-3 pts)
Soulreaper-15 pts (-5 pts)

Melee:
Daemonic axe-10 pts (-35 pts)
Helforged sword-10 pts (-32 pts)
L claws-8/12 (-1 pt)
plague sword-1 pt (-2 pts)
power fist-12 pts (-8 pts)

There was a lot of 'power' decreases to keep up with the mild-big points decreases, but I don't remember them all. That one guy here who was upset about warptalons will be happy they are 1ppm cheaper because of the lightning claw changes and they are 2 power cheaper, at least their starting power, not sure how it changes as the unit size goes up.

I have made the changes to my personal google spreadsheet that I use to make my weird looking lists. I will continue to work on that for those few people who wanted a copy of it, I keep tweaking the format a bit here and there to make it more legible and pleasant. I'm working on a simple way to print it too, since that can be a pain sometimes.

Thanks for posting this! This is really useful. That's a huge boost to both possessed and Oblits that'll get me using them again.

Speaking of which, I've got a campaign game coming up tomorrow that called for a third rhino, so I painted up a third one for my Black Legion:

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Floppychop posted:

Crossposting from the painting thread.

I'm still debating on if I like the basing.

Do the rim in Steel Legion Drab or something similar. The black makes it seem a little unfinished and it doesn't contrast enough with the armour - makes it sort of blend together instead of really framing your nice paint work.

Throw on some greenery/a few tufts of static grass and you're good to go!

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

He's got the Chaos book too:

E: One power per god :argh:

All WC6 and 18" range, Tzeentch is +1 to Invulnerable saves or grants a 5++ if it doesn't have an invuln, Nurgle is -1 to all to hit rolls against that unit, Slaanesh is 5+ FNP

What power does Khorne get? :v:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Post 9-11 User posted:

What power does Khorne get? :v:

He casts fist.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Speaking of which, I've got a campaign game coming up tomorrow that called for a third rhino, so I painted up a third one for my Black Legion:

That's a really interesting arrangement on the cupola. Looks good!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
So are Drop Pods as dead as think they are?

E: I mean for 5 points more you can get an assback that packs some serious firepower, is fairly tough, quick, can fight in assault and isn't a useless immobile pile with a storm bolter.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 6, 2017

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Enentol posted:

Do the rim in Steel Legion Drab or something similar. The black makes it seem a little unfinished and it doesn't contrast enough with the armour - makes it sort of blend together instead of really framing your nice paint work.

Throw on some greenery/a few tufts of static grass and you're good to go!

I've never been one to like non-black base rims. I'll have to try some vegetation though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

Thanks for posting this! This is really useful. That's a huge boost to both possessed and Oblits that'll get me using them again.

That looks loving sick. Awesome job.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

GreenMarine posted:

:eyepop:

Come play 30k discreetly m'i lord

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

adamantium|wang posted:

So are Drop Pods as dead as think they are?

E: I mean for 5 points more you can get an assback that packs some serious firepower, is fairly tough, quick, can fight in assault and isn't a useless immobile pile with a storm bolter.

There needs to be a drop pod strategem or hq that offers some kind of benefits like a preliminary bombardment or something. Like when you launch a pod you can fire whatever the new barrage equivalent is.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JBP posted:

There needs to be a drop pod strategem or hq that offers some kind of benefits like a preliminary bombardment or something. Like when you launch a pod you can fire whatever the new barrage equivalent is.

Drop Pods need to be easily 20 points cheaper than they are now. Jump packs, which come with advantages besides just getting to the field, are only 2 points per model. There's no drift from deep strike, so the #1 advantage of Drop Pods is completely gone, but they're still 40% more expensive than a Rhino for... reasons.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
And the biggest stuff you'd really want to pod can't take them anyway. Raven guard strat really cemented pods being trash.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah they should have some kind of extra benefit. I mean even giving units that arrive by pod a single turn buff or some poo poo. Call it descent of angels or some snappy grimdark words and give all units arriving by pod a 3+ cover save for a turn on account of the plumes of poo poo flying into the air as they impact.

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 6, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Some excellent hobby in the last few posts.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

That turned out fantastic! I also love that you've magnetized it to do the Primaris swap

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Awesome paint job. Pity it's so overpriced.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
So I have this land raider Achilles and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. It's got some multimeltas and a thunder fire cannon on it, and a transport cap of 6. What's the best stuff to put it there? 6 cant take a full squad of terminators or cents sadly.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Drop pods should be exempt from the deep strike positioning rule. In fact, they should deal mortal wounds to whoever they land on.

The Codex Astartes calls this maneuver Steel Rain :getin:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
poo poo make Steel Rain a 2cp strat to let a drop pod ignore the 9 inch rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

GreenMarine posted:

What are you using for your bases?

I'm about to start an army and that's exactly what I'm after.