Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
wow something in my training has let me go from being able to only do a few pistol squats on my left leg, none with my right due to balance and lack of flexibilty, to now being able to do tons of good ones with both legs... i just tried for the heck of it GAINS

im guessing its doing the horizontal leg press machine adjusted all the way forward and doing single leg stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Watched an interview with Dorian Yates where he recalls that his workouts amounted to only about 45 minutes in the gym. More intensity, less rest between sets. I've always taken my sweet loving time in the gym, and while I've avoided injury, I've never gained much size. I'm beginning to experiment with jamming all my stuff into a 45 minute window. It's kicking my rear end, but I'm going to see how well it's worked after a month.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I take the <45 minutes taking my sweet time & getting injured all the time approach

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

A woman at the gym asked me to lower an adjustable cable for her, but then a week later I saw her doing it for herself no problem. Was she hitting on me? 🤔

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Watched an interview with Dorian Yates where he recalls that his workouts amounted to only about 45 minutes in the gym. More intensity, less rest between sets. I've always taken my sweet loving time in the gym, and while I've avoided injury, I've never gained much size. I'm beginning to experiment with jamming all my stuff into a 45 minute window. It's kicking my rear end, but I'm going to see how well it's worked after a month.

Some powerlifters take five minutes between sets of one rep.

More intensity and less rest can be good to an extent, but something I've learned is that a lot of things the pros do only works because they take steroids.

How many sets are you doing? I never had a problem getting 6 different lifts, like 18 sets, in about 40 minutes.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 6, 2017

GeorginaSpica
Oct 29, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

A woman at the gym asked me to lower an adjustable cable for her, but then a week later I saw her doing it for herself no problem. Was she hitting on me? 🤔

Not necessarily hitting on you but certainly trying to get to know you better.....

Khorne
May 1, 2002

She didn't know how to and stole your technique.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Also she rubbed my arms and said how strong I was looking and dabbed at her collar but it was warm in there that day I mean I was a little sweaty myself

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Someone lady was bitching about some smell real loudly and then came and asked for an attachment that was right by my feet and I think she only asked to get it so she could see if I was what smelled bad.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

A girl was working out around the smith machine and I wanted to use it so i asked if she was using it and she said No dismissively so I said thanks but I am married and she just looked confused.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

E_P posted:

A girl was working out around the smith machine and I wanted to use it so i asked if she was using it and she said No dismissively so I said thanks but I am married and she just looked confused.

lol

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

2017 Crossfit games are over. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you with the fittest humans on erf.

"Fittest men on earth" are Brent Fikowski, Mat Fraser and Ricky Garard

"Fittest women on earth" are Kara Webb, Tia-Clair Toomey and Annie Thorisdottir

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Interesting. A guy without knee high socks made it to the podium.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Booties posted:

Interesting. A guy without knee high socks made it to the podium.

Guy is so short normal socks are basically knee socks

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Something about the female CF physique I find so maddeningly appealing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is it that it looks like a mans?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Something about the female CF physique I find so maddeningly appealing.

Yeah? They're in great shape.

I have no interest in CrossFit, but its most dedicated adherents look amazing.

Zzulu posted:

Is it that it looks like a mans?

If you've got legs and hips like that too, I want your number bb.

Strange. They don't look like walking injuries.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 7, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The heroic doses of Aleve they're taking have staved off the pain of rhabdomyolysis. They all died of renal failure shortly after the pictures.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

The Ferret King posted:

If you've got legs and hips like that too, I want your number bb.

;-*

Still interested if they're covered in hair and bad skin?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

;-*

Wax that poo poo, bro.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I violently burn my hair off with a home made flamethrower. It's quite a disturbing display but it gets the job done and I get to use a flamethrower + its manly

naem
May 29, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

"Fittest women on earth" are Kara Webb, Tia-Clair Toomey and Annie Thorisdottir

Huh I didn't know Thor had any kids

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I sliced a nipple when shaving my chest the other day it bled like crazy (which made it manly, unlike the other hundreds of times I've done it).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

Wax that poo poo, bro.
Just let it grow freely and occasionally trim the super long hairs that come out near your nipples.

This technique works great when combined with being fat and having bad skin.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Holy gently caress is that guy 4'3?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
A manlet to surpass Lee Priest

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I think I'm happier being tall than I would be being that fit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

Just let it grow freely and occasionally trim the super long hairs that come out near your nipples.

This technique works great when combined with being fat and having bad skin.

A shameful edit.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Dum Cumpster posted:

;-*

gently caress yeah

sassassin posted:

Wax that poo poo, bro.

Embrace the hair. Don't be a wuss.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Let your skin breathe, don't be a wuss.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's not impermeable. Stop going against God's perfect design.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My natural chest hair is no one's perfect design.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

naem posted:

Huh I didn't know Thor had any kids

SOMETHINGS FISHY

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Is it the high-in-fish Icelandic diet?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Is it the high-in-fish Icelandic diet?

If by fish you mean steroids, then yes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doctor says "You're a big guy; you're carrying a lot of weight"

I'm like "HEY! :argh: ...Oh wait, that's not what he means"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I think I'm happier being tall than I would be being that fit.

Even the dude's name is short a "t"

Embarrassing.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

SOMETHINGS FISHY

asgardians get like, a +4 to strength which is totally cheating

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I hate deadlifts. They suck. Or I suck at them. Either way, are dumbbell lunges an acceptable alternative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Deadlifts loving owns

Deadlifts and boobpress are my favourites