Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The thing about Jody is that they're just good enough at the game to keep themselves safe, but have absolutely no instincts otherwise. Their plan actually was the best chance they had at both staying in the house, and it would have worked out if only Jess wasn't too stupid to recognize a peace offering. They're like mirror universe Donny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't even go so far as to say they "keep themselves safe." I mean, they can win comps but the history of BB is riddled with comp beasts evicted pre-jury. They owe most of their safety to a fan given Eviction Cancelation power and a Battle Back with highly questionable competition. And a special added Safety comp you can volunteer into. I'm not criticizing that. BB changes every season and you play the cards you're dealt. But like, in another season Cody and Jess are a footnote who went out in the first few weeks.

Consider that Cody or Jess have been on the block EVERY SINGLE WEEK that one of them hasn't won HOH. Cody was voted out once and would have been a second time if not for the Hex. Jess is probably getting voted out now. And that's with all the extras.

If it wasn't for the Hex Cody would have been voted out 2 times pre-jury. That's historic. Instead Jessica's probably getting voted out pre-jury in his place.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 6, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Why is it a big deal if Mark uses the veto?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh just doesn't want to put up another pawn. Its not really a big deal, they're just kind of making it one. Which is what this cast does.

Although some of it goes to Mark being in SUCH a bad game position that on a certain level "don't use POV to pull yourself off the block to prove to us you're not with Cody and you trust us" almost makes sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently Alex ran up the OTEV ramp without a number at one stage. Combine that with Josh having the right number and freezing at the ramp while Mark was trying to throw it to him. And Christmas not playing. Clearly an OTEV for the ages.

Cody tells Jess that when she leaves the house will just feel like a long deployment with no action.

Josh, Mark, Jason, and Kevin trading Megan stories. Apparently she was kind of terrible to live with and kept telling people to be quiet and not eat the fun and stuff.

Paul, Matt, and Alex talking about throwing it in Cody's face on Thursday that he cost Jess her game and encouraging Josh to taunt him about getting out his girl. Josh doesn't want to bully. They assure him that this is nothing compared to the sort of stuff Evel Dick said or Rachel vs Ragan.

Josh complaining to Matt and Raven (and Christmas) about Mark wanting to use the POV and him having to put someone else up. I think Josh is fishing for Matt to volunteer. Lots of complaining about Mark not being a team player and it being a bad look for him and making him and Elena nominees again next week (as if they're not anyway). Matt briefly says he understands Mark's position. Christmas compares it to her using her Ring. This is getting draining. They're just going to complain about this and hope Matt or Raven volunteer and they never will. Paul joins and Josh convinces him to talk to Mark. Raven finally volunteers but Mark says he doesn't want to do that. Paul says "didn't Christmas volunteer?" and Josh brushes it off and says he's not asking anyone because no one will really want to. Matt and Paul say its Mark's right to use it but its all game upside for him not. Matt says if Mark does it he can put him or Raven up and they won't get pissed off. Josh thanks them and asks them to not tell Mark that or he'll use it. Matt says if it happens it gives them a reason to go against Mark.

Alex bursts into HOH to "tattle tale" that Mark and Elena are talking in storage. She makes sure to survey the room this time.

Paul and Kevin (in HOH) and Kevin's pushing his Cody deal again (Cody protects Kevin/Alex/Jason/Paul and they protect him). Paul says Cody will talk. Kevin says he confronted him and Cody swore he's never told anyone anything. Paul says he made a deal with Mark and then threw him under the bus. Kevin talking big that he will threaten him and stuff. Kevin lies and says he hasn't brought this up to him yet (well, I guess he technically didn't, he went to Jess). Paul says they should just wait because the odds are against him winning HOH next week. Paul says its worth a shot if he takes power but if they do it now Cody will tell someone. Alex and Jason show up and Kevin pushes it to them. Alex agrees to wait and says "its dangerous."

Paul sees Josh coming up, calls him "The Blob", and has the loving audacity to tell Josh to get out of HIS OWN HOH ROOM and get a snack. Josh doesn't do it but... holy gently caress. The pure nerve.

Josh, Alex, and Jason talking about how conniving Matt and Raven are suddenly being Josh's best friends this week. Josh says he just got them to volunteer to go up and then they'll say they owe putting Mark up next week. Alex says they'll say Josh owes them one. Jason says its better to keep Mark around than Maven. Josh says after Cody, Elena, and Mark. Josh says he trusts Paul but they can only give him so much information because he's in with everyone. Josh worries that Christmas isn't doing ok with the drugs with some of the stuff she's saying. Jason just thinks she's nuts. Josh thought Jason liked her but Jason confides he's pretending to "have a stiffie" for her. Then Jason rants about his guilt/anger/paranoia thing with breaking Christmas' foot.

Paul tells Elena to get the gently caress out of her funk and "change her demeanor." He's doing everything to help her short of saying "they loving want to vote you out this week." Mark joins and Paul says Mark's been playing better than her, which clearly bothers Elena. Mark tries to cheer her up and Elena is very mean to him. It seems to make Mark like her more.

Alex, Jason, Josh, and Paul. Alex tells Paul that Maven are players and suddenly inserting them in game. Paul doesn't think Matt is all there but says they've managed to get this far without ruffling feathers so they're not stupid. Christmas shows and Jason panics. Paul says to definitely put Matt up if Mark comes down. Christmas says she doesn't think they should be happy Mark is pulling himself off and sending one of them up and they all agree but say they can't really do anything about it. Paul says they can't really be mad about it given his position. Jason says he doesn't think its a big deal. Paul says to just call Matt on his bluff and put him up. Jason says to not even tell him and see how he reacts.

Cody tells Jess he's just constantly pissed off in DR now. "I used to be so chill." Jess says "they're leaning towards Matt because Raven will be a bitch all week." She might be making that up or Kevin might have made it up to her. She says Kevin is going to vote out Elena so yeah, probably Kevin. Jess says she had a comp to save herself so she's going to "gracefully bow out." Cody whines that campaigning is hard and never works. Cody starts to tell a story about Christmas "being a bitch" about him closing a door on her and the feeds try and cover him by flipping away but forget the audio for awhile.

HOH crew say Elena is "pulling a Dominique."

Cody is back ranting about how no one has honor or integrity and everyone wants to be a star with their hashtags and it takes a bunch of guys to take out one girl. He calls Josh the Pillsbury Doughboy. Who doesn't like the Pillsbury Doughboy?

Mark shows up in HOH and clears the room to just Josh and Christmas. Mark thanks Christmas again for using the Ring and saying it changed everything for him. The atmosphere, the mood, his sense of teamwork. Josh says he doesn't think he ever saw Cody shocked until today. Mark says it was crazy.

Jess says she wants to say something but she doesn't know how to say it in a good way. Cody says just say it. Jess tells him that if she leaves and sees a bunch of videos of Cody joking around or play fighting with Alex she'll never speak to him again. Cody says he'd never disrespect her like that. Jess says they still do it. Cody says he feels the same way when Jess jokes with Matt. Now they're just sharing the basic social interactions they have with others that make them petty and angry. Cody says he's so loyal that he's willing to just tell Alex "gently caress you" if she tries to talk to him.

Hilariously Maven show up right then and Matt starts making sex jokes with Jess. Cody pulls Jess out and complains about how he "hates it" and Jess laughs at him (immediately after telling him not to play around with Alex).

Mark reveals that his HOH CD request is Taylor Swift's 1989. I love/hate Mark.

Jess declares she's only saying goodbye to Kevin, Mark, Elena, and Jason but she plans to do it before the Live Show so she can just storm out. Cody says he plans to gently caress up his sleep schedule so he can just be on the opposite timetable as the rest of the house.

Elena comes into HOH with her underwear half way up her rear end and her nipples hard and Josh, Mark, and Paul all come just short of telling her they know she's doing it on purpose. They try to have another conversation but Mark and Josh can't stop talking about Elena's nipples. Paul says that "nipples are in", all his girlfriends don't wear bras, and "its just j/k." Whistlenut emerges from the bathroom to declare Elena is milking. Paul declares that women should be able to walk around topless for civil rights or something. Josh manages to troll Paul by implying he doesn't get laid and Paul hugely overcompensates about how its "quality over quantity" and how he doesn't "just smash pussies". So then Paul and Mark start asking Josh for his number and giving him poo poo. In his HOH room. Paul boasts about how many women came onto him after BB18. I'm tired of this. Paul's gross. And now he's rambling about how sex is an exchange of finite energy or some crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is this the last non-jury eviction?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They assume so It would take the number down to 11 so a F2 and 9 person jury. But it could be a 7 person jury. I don't remember if Julie said anything last week.

That's why everyone's been so sketchy the last week. People were angry about the Hex because they thought they had locked in Jury and Jess was "stealing" that from them and potentially giving Cody one of their spots. And Jess and Cody just wanted to survive one week so they could go to Jury together but if Jess goes than they won't see each other again until Finale Night. And a lot of players like Matt, Christmas, and Josh keep saying that they were going to play more aggressively come Jury.

Since someone will probably ask, the reason they care so much about making Jury is that they're paid per week/episode they're there. So Cameron got screwed while Ramses made a few weeks more than him. If you make the Jury then you're in the game for the full season so you get the full payment. And the ones who think they can be stars know they'll get on TV once a week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So is Christmas still eligible to have her name pulled for the POV competitions that she can't actually compete in? That is an interesting dynamic, but understandable they'd probably do. Seems like if you got the houseguests choice and were on the block you'd just pick the person that couldn't compete to improve your odds.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Alex joins Mark, Elena, and Josh and teaches them how to cheat in the over/under POV.

How do you cheat at it?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So is Christmas still eligible to have her name pulled for the POV competitions that she can't actually compete in? That is an interesting dynamic, but understandable they'd probably do. Seems like if you got the houseguests choice and were on the block you'd just pick the person that couldn't compete to improve your odds.

Earlier this season didn't she get picked then told she couldn't do that one? Or was that an HoH comp?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There was one POV comp where they told her at the beginning of the comp that she couldn't participate since it involved a lot of walking which she clearly cannot do, but they didn't really let her know that when her name got picked.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Max posted:

There was one POV comp where they told her at the beginning of the comp that she couldn't participate since it involved a lot of walking which she clearly cannot do, but they didn't really let her know that when her name got picked.

I believe part of the condition of her staying was knowing that she could get picked for POV contest that she can't play in. She was given the option to stay with those conditions or leave, I believe.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

bagrada posted:

Earlier this season didn't she get picked then told she couldn't do that one? Or was that an HoH comp?

The Veto comp the week Dom went home (where they had to walk across the beams) was one where she was picked, they let her get all suited up and stand at the start of her lane, and then in the instructions Paul told her that she wasn't cleared to compete so she had to just sit down.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BonoMan posted:

I believe part of the condition of her staying was knowing that she could get picked for POV contest that she can't play in. She was given the option to stay with those conditions or leave, I believe.

Yeah, which is fair honestly.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Professor Shark posted:

How do you cheat at it?

From what I recall:

Essentially you win that veto competition by being closest estimate to the actual number for that item for that round. If you fold, you stay in the comp but skip the round, if you stay and your estimate is closest, you get a point. If you weren't closest, you're out. First to three points wins. A group cheats by designating only one person each round to always stay to challenge the person who needs the veto. The rest fold to play again. If the person who stays loses to the one they're targeting, the next person in the group who was chosen ahead of time will stay in the next round to challenge. If the target folds and doesn't play, they group choice will just keep challenging the target until they either beat them or the target loses. Doing it this way gives the group more chances to beat the target, so only one of the group would ever possibly go out each round, rather than multiple people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's how I understand it.

Round 1: Josh stays. Mark, Elena, Christmas, and Alex fold. If Jess folds Josh has 1 pt and is the favorite to win. If Jess stays and loses she's out and they can throw it to Josh in 3 round. If Jess stays and beats Josh he's eliminated and Jess has 1 pt.

Round 2: If Josh has 1 pt they all fold again. Jess has to stay to stay alive and she either eliminates Josh or goes out. If Josh was eliminate they can all fold to Mark and start over, although if Jess wins 3 of these rounds she gets the POV.

Its not a guarantee but it shifts the odds quite a bit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh is pushing hard to try and shift the target to Elena. Christmas seems kind of 50/50 on it where she seems to be advocating for Josh's agenda/getting Elena out but also playing devil advocate to Paul's agenda/getting Jess out. Paul and Elena were really friendly and cuddling in HOH last night and its really made Josh and Christmas alert about that problem and connection and suspicious of Paul.

The rub seems like Josh is getting frustrated with the whole Elena/Mark/Matt/Raven part of the house and Paul's connection to it and Christmas sees and agrees with that. But Christmas seems a lot more wary of throwing bombs this week when they could get out Jessica who is gunning for them. The two of them are really wrestling with the idea of rocking the house and creating problems by pushing for Elena. They clearly think its the smarter long term move but Christmas at least recognizes that Jess is the easier short term one.

Jason seems on board with getting Elena out but Alex isn't because she and Jess are blood enemies. Jason is trying to sell Alex that it doesn't really make a difference and if they let Jody get to Jury somehow they'll be more malleable. Jason's dumb.

Also at one point Josh kicked Maven out of his room, just to prove he could. Call it HOHitis but Josh is pushing back against the Paul, Elena, and Maven Cool Kid entitlement.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Pretty dumb by Josh to make more enemies before you've even taken care of the ones you already have. Even if it doesn't happen, he's floated it by people and it can be used against him later.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
If they let Jess go this week and Jess or Cody get HOH I am probably checking out. There is no excuse for game play that dumb and it is not fun to watch. I mean, even just Josh pitching Elena isn't fun to watch. They spent weeks on the Jody hate train and now that one is 100% out forever, they are considering leaving them alone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I get Josh and Christmas' logic. They're right that Elena is a longterm problem especially as it pertains to Paul and his Maven/Mark parachutes. Long term it makes a lot of sense to try and secure Paul and kind of isolate Mark and Maven.

But yeah.. I loving need the Jody Drama ended. Every week we come so close and every week something gets in the God damned way. The fact that Jody have won 2 of 6 HOHs and a bunch of other comps should be enough reason to just deal with the most obvious problem at hand before it comes back on you.

I think by the end of the week Josh and Christmas will get there. Getting Jess out is good for their games and they don't make any new enemies. But Josh and Christmas aren't entirely rational actors so I don't know. And a lot of this is that they're both clearly frustrated at Paul trying to take over Josh's HOH and Josh wanting to push back. I respect that, but that doesn't make it the smart play. Bank what you've realized about Paul this week and use it another week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh told Matt and Raven to decide which of them should go up. They couldn't decide so they asked Paul and he said Raven should go so they could guilt Mark about it. Maven agree. Maven also discuss amongst themselves how they've gone from wanting a F5 with Paul, Jason, and Alex to Paul, Josh, and Christmas. They just want to find the easiest path for them and Paul.

Jess stirring up poo poo and telling Elena that she has "friends" (Kevin) who are telling her that Christmas doesn't like Elena and is throwing her name around. Jess says her "friends" told her she could get Christmas to vote against Elena to save herself, but Jess won't do that because she respects Elena too much and hates Christmas too much. Elena says she's been distancing herself from Christmas and then sells out some low key game talk (that Christmas wants to take out Cody next week, duh). Elena says she secretly hopes Cody wins HOH to take out some people. Jess tells Elena that her best ally is Paul but "people will either look to him as leadership all season or take him out." Jess has a lot of BB insight. Jess thinks that "the other side" (Alex, Jason, Kevin) is dying to put up Maven. She thinks everyone is ready to get out Raven and they're not going to put her up as a pawn because they can't deal with her all week. Elena suggests people could be lying to Jess but Jess dismisses that. Elena and Jess just start complaining about how much everyone sucks and are obsessed with them and they wish they could spend their summer together and blah blah blah. Elena commends herself on not "sucking Josh's dick" when he won HOH and being aggressive. Sure, that's worked out well. Jess blah blahing about how the people with minds of their owns are getting targeted. Elena tells Jess she has to put Cody up next week for her game and Jess tells her not to backdoor him. Elena asks Jess to vouch for her with her secret inside source and Jess says she's tried but "they" don't trust her because of the original Cool Kids alliance. So she's now effectively given Elena all the information she needs to know her "source" is Kevin or Jason. Jess would rat out all the leakers.

By the way... I'd like to point out that once again Jess is doing the exact opposite of what's in her best interests. Elena going out is the only way Jess stays in this game. She shouldn't be warning Elena, she should be campaigning against her. But Jess has never played smart for herself so why start now?

Paul, Matt, Christmas, and Alex are meanwhile watching this whole conversation and are sketched out. Paul, Alex, and Matt are all of the mind that Elena's sketchy but since they all know it its not a problem right now. Paul's trying to maintain the Jess target this week and Cody next week. Alex lets it slip that Josh might be pushing Elena as the target and Paul dismisses it as irrelevant as they have the votes to get Jess out. Christmas is pretty quiet during this.

Cody and Jess had been away from each other for like 2 hours and having pleasant conversations with different people. It was really weird. Thankfully now they're embracing in the middle of the pool and engaging in uncomfortable PDA so all is right in the world.

This isn't relevant to anything but I just kind of feel like Cody's been gas lighting me and I want to point out that this is the guy he constantly calls fat and the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Josh calls Jason a "Bo". Paul asks what that means and Josh says he doesn't know, its just something Jason taught him. Cody says its an abbreviated racial slur from "1930s South Carolina" and Josh is mortified, apologizes, and asks Jason why he taught him it. Cody, Jess, Kevin, Jason, and Paul are all just giving him poo poo and convincing him he's been saying racial slurs. I have no idea if Cody made that up or just knows an encyclopedia of obscure racial slurs and their origins. Josh says he'll just call Jason a "fuckface" for now on and Paul declares "That's Not Any Better!"

Raven tells Christmas that her hair is falling out because of her disease. She also tells Christmas that she's the replacement nom when Mark comes down. They discuss how sketchy Mark is and how weird it is that Cody is socializing and trying to reintegrate into the house suddenly.

Mark and Elena discuss how sad they are Jessica's leaving. Elena asks Mark who his next target is and Mark says "Cody, obviously." Elena asks who next. Mark says Josh (after a very noticeable pause). He asks who she would and she says she doesn't know. Mark gives her poo poo for not telling him and Elena says Josh and Alex. Mark says Josh can't expect to put them up and be ok. "Especially when Paul volunteered to go up." Mark asks her what her POV speech will be. She says its a surprise for him and he asks what it has to do with him. Elena points out that the speech is TO him as the POV holder to get him to use the POV. Mark didn't realize that.

Paul talks to the camera and boasts about getting Jessica targeted this week and convincing Christmas to use her Ring so all the Temptations are burned. He says he has his eyes on Matt as a floater and he's trying to put him on people's radars before he stops throwing comps. He says he feels good with Alex, Jason, Kevin, Christmas, and Josh. He says Christmas, Mark, and others have pissed each other off enough that he can keep bobbing and weaving. There's really nothing illuminating here. Paul's agenda isn't exactly secret. He says he's going to try and pull off a perfect game and never get nominated. Ok, now he's just pontificating on the difficulties of his game and being a veteran. He senses that some people are "fake" to him but doesn't bother to share names in his private illuminating talk. Thanks, Paul. Also he's eating something that is both crunchy and wet while talking so I kind of think he's intentionally loving with feedsters.

Also, Paul's still wearing his POV costume and looking pretty grimey.

Cody's rambling something about cheap Chinese products. Jess laments about how she's going to have to justify weekly poo poo Cody says when she's out of the house.

Oh hey, Paul just said something interesting. His target list is Cody, Matt, and Elena. After that he thinks he can coast and play everyone else. That's not super surprising but it does clear up some questions about how he feels about Elena and Christmas.

I really feel like Paul just tricked me into listening to him masturbate. I'm mostly mad at myself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex points out to Jason that Paul's only won comps that have been thrown to him. I'm not sure if that POV that Ramses was supposed to throw should count or not.

Mark laments to Paul and Elena that the game would be totally different if they had just voted out Megan in Week 1 (he would have kept his friends). Paul and Elena point out that Cody was probably planning to backdoor Paul the entire time. They say that if Christmas didn't play her Ring yesterday things could be totally different. Paul calls it "gangster rear end" and downplays that he knew about it until recently. Mark, "I didn't know anything." Paul and Elena are just kind of telling each other how great they are while Mark crunches loudly in the background.

Alex doesn't understand how Jessica got a Temptation. Christmas says she played the victim that week. They whine a bit about people throwing pity parties. Christmas is still unhappy Mark is using POV and doesn't get why its a bigger deal. Alex doesn't like Maven going up because she thinks they'll use it down the line (she's right, they're already planning it). They rehash some stuff like the Dom Show and Jillian. Christmas sort of apologetically says "I know I took her spot" and Alex concedes that she's played hard and deserves it and Jillian would have kind of been a burden and wanted to target Jason.

Paul and Elena are still talking about how cool their games have been (and Mark's still crunching) and Elena brings up that Alex wanted to talk to her a few days ago with the drama after HOH and she still hasn't talked to her. Elena isn't going to Alex. Shocker.

Tomorrow is Kevin's birthday and he requests they play "Just Don't Wanna Be Ugly", "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time", and "Have You Seen Her." They talk some music that's been played and Will Smith. Alex notes that Smith was a rapper before an actor. Kevin says he came out of Philly like Schoolly D. Kevin's cool.

Elena says she thinks she could go home this week because people know Jessica will stay a target next week. Paul thinks she's crazy. Mark has an opinion but they ignore him and I can't hear him over the crunching. He finishes crunching and rambles that being considered as a pawn makes him nervous. Paul says everyone was considered and he has to suck it up. Elena says paranoia is just how she operates. Paul is assuring them both they're ok this week but they need to keep trying to fix things and is telling Mark that its a good time for him to not use the POV and gain some trust. Mark says he thinks he's accomplished that and he only humored Josh about the POV for Jury Management or something.

Josh and Jason were "rough housing" earlier. Josh mentions that he got his "first warning." Jason and Alex must have 100 warnings. Josh is still pushing the Elena target and saying she through people's names around, but Jason and Kevin are only concerned if she said their names and zone out when Josh says no. Josh complains that Maven are always in his HOH but they don't come up. Kevin says he doesn't want to look like a kiss rear end. Josh says he's just annoyed by Maven. Josh gets called to change his battery and when he's gone Jason and Kevin complain that he's a "weak player." I don't read too much into it because Kevin and Jason talk tough about everyone when they're alone.

Elena leaves and Paul tells Mark she can't keep feeding her paranoia or she'll turn into Dom. Mark says she won't listen to him. Mark says he briefly considered using the POV on Elena. Paul says either use it on himself or don't, but don't do that. Mark says he can't blame Elena for being paranoid when Josh is still in this house and has power. Mark making it clear to Paul that he holds it against Josh for putting him up with Elena. He sees it as a personal slight. Paul says he thinks it was about the votes. Mark is confused by that and has to have it explained to him. Mark calls the noms a "crucial mistake" for Josh. Mark throws shade on "two people" who have never won a comp or been on the block. Paul says he knows and everyone sees it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex and Jason give Paul a head's up that Josh is trying to target Elena. Paul is surprised but says they have the votes. Paul calls it the dumbest loving thing. Jason (now) saying he doesn't want to let Jody get to Jury together.

Cody made him and Jess personal meatloafs.

Kevin insisting to Paul about his Cody deal. Paul says Cody will just backdoor him. Kev says even if he did he wouldn't have the votes.

Elena snooped around Josh about "the plan changing" after Jess tipped her off (after Kevin tipped her off). Josh and Christmas agree that someone leaked to Elena, but they think it was Paul. They don't question Paul's loyalty to them but they know he's playing all sides and protecting Elena. They're fired back up to get Elena out and reign Paul in. Christmas says its too early to campaign but asks who he thinks he has for votes. Josh names Cody, Christmas, Jason, Alex, and Kevin. Christmas is unsure of Jason. Josh says he's going to talk to Paul tomorrow. Christmas says he can't give Elena a chance to campaign (by Paul leaking, but really Kevin is the leak). Josh decides he'll wait to Thursday. Josh thinks Elena will gently caress up again this week and then they can try and sell Paul. Christmas says Paul's seen it all already but he's still protecting her. They say Paul will bring up the Jury Votes again and they agree its a good point but think that this move might change Jody's feelings (HA!). Josh says he can't work with them but Christmas say they don't need to longterm. Christmas remains conflicted because Jess lied about her and campaigned to get her out. Josh agrees he's torn. Christmas says if they keep Elena she has "groveling to do." Josh says if Elena wins HOH she's putting him up but Jess won't put either of them up if they save her. Christmas (and I) is sketchy on that but Josh seems to placate her. Christmas is worried they'll lose Paul and Mark if they make this move. Christmas asks if they really want to flip the house and cause chaos. Christmas says if he does this he'll be keeping two people who publicly disgraced him in the house and giving them what they want to get to Jury. She says he could go "down in history" for separating "Bonnie and Clyde." Christmas says she's playing Devil's Advocate, not flipping. Christmas says he has to use his HOH not just to get someone out, but to build allies and not have enemies and says Mark turned around on her after the Ring. Christmas says she wants to flip the house this week but to get farther in the game it might be the wrong move. Josh says she's calming him down. Christmas reveals that Kevin's been trying to make a deal with Cody and might be able to protect her but if they don't take Jess out that goes away. Josh is coming around now. He notes that whenever he talks to Jess she doesn't hear anything he says. Christmas calls her dense. Josh saying Jess is a better competitor than Elena and Christmas saying Elena isn't performing as well as she thought.

Josh: All right, lets gets Jess out. gently caress! I need to stop going back and forth on this.

Then they talk a bit about how much they kind of hate Raven. Christmas says Maven are playing stupid not building relationships outside their showmance and what happens when one of them goes? Christmas asks how Josh feels about Alex and Jason but Josh says Jason won't have a serious game talk with him. He's cool with Alex. Christmas asks what they think of her. Josh says there's something Jason has against Christmas and Christmas says Jason is attracted to her so he's keeping his distance out of respect for his wife (this is what Jason's been trying to play because he's convinced Christmas hates him). They bash Matt a bit and say Paul seems to be getting frustrated with him too. Josh would love to see their "gang" in Top 6 (Christmas, Josh, Alex, Jason, Kevin, Paul). Josh sees it as 3 duos.

Elena keeps singing and sending this to fish. Elena's a real brat with production.

So as of right now looks like Jess is going. But there's still stuff in the wind. Kevin's a wildcard leaking stuff to Jessica. Elena could go to Paul or Christmas and tell them what Jess told her. Josh or Christmas could confront Paul about allegedly leaking. There's stuff in the wind and Paul is being suspected of something he's innocent of. And if he catches wind of that he could blow poo poo up.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Josh/Christmas reminds me a bit of Austin/Vanessa, except Josh has all the overplaying nervous energy with the smarter, more rational Christmas able to talk him off the ledge. I really like them together.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It would be pretty sweet if Jessica used your Hex to save Cody last week and then she goes home this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It would be pretty sweet if Jessica used your Hex to save Cody last week and then she goes home this week.

They told her that's exactly what would happen, too.

Of course by the end of the week they were ready to vote Jessica out over Cody. But that was much drama after the deal she made.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You can easily amend that one old adage to Jess and Cody: better to keep your mouth shut and have everybody think you're a poo poo human rather than open it and prove them correct (on national television/streams).

They're both assholes, but Jess is a straight up moron.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's a moron too. Remember he's the guy who backdoored two of his own alliance mates without giving any of his allies a head's up or bothering to see if he had the votes.

He just kind of accepted he was a moron after awhile and stoped trying to play, while Jess remains convinced she's a really keyed in and smart gamer despite all evidence to the contrary.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Right, I was talking more about Jess's ridiculous overplaying, cornering people into game conversations only to be adversarial and make things even worse. Strategy-wise they're on par.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Cody and Jess are both used to people bowing down to The Former Marine and The Hot Girl, respectively, and they don't know how to function when it doesn't work.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas brought Kevin breakfast in bed for his birthday.

Cody joined Kevin and Jason on their morning walk. Kevin pushed the deal he wants really hard. Cody didn't exactly commit to it but said he's going to prove a lot of things through his actions and to expect "unprecedented" things in speech and action if he wins HOH. Cody says it blows his mind no one has tried to use him as a weapon. Maybe because you backstabbed everyone in Week 1 and are unpleasant to be around? Cody says that "regardless of his reaction on Thursday" they "shouldn't sweat it." Everything Cody says sounds vaguely like a threat.

Cody tells Jess about his feelings on the Kevin deal but its miced terribly. Jess says she wants him to take out Paul. Cody says he might put up Kevin with Paul and Jess has to explain why that's dumb. Jess tells him to put up Raven but concedes she doesn't know how to get Paul out and says they might as well just write him the check because he's set up too nice (so you attack him from the sides to weaken him, you stupid, smug, non game player). Cody asks if he should "ride this out" a few weeks then and Jess says yes. So there goes the big hope that Cody will take out Paul. Cody asks if there's a path for him to win because if not he just wants to "tear rear end through this place." Jess says it depends on who wins HOH, who snaps, who turns on each other, etc. Jess tells him to whatever he wants because she's too checked out for this conversation. Cody says no deal is worth making because they've been screwed too many times and he'll probably just "let them talk."

Kevin tells Jason this is great because they have everyone on their side in HOH besides Mark and Matt. Jason says they don't want to "look greedy" and basically dances around the idea that they look like they're playing all sides and are going to sketch people out. Kevin says Jason sounds hesitant and Jason stutters something about Alex and Paul. Kevin

Jess passes by Christmas and Raven in the bathroom and tells Cody how much he hates them. Cody starts ranting about how they're "psychotic" and Jess calms him and tells him its just a game.

Christmas and Raven are ranting about Cody too. We must have missed something. Christmas saying she should have poured Cody's coffee out. Whatever happened Cody and Jess are definitely going to just keep making sure Jess remains the target this week.

Christmas and Raven are laughing in the bathroom and Cody says "Sorcery!" and is in such a place he knocks his coffee mug over. Cody laughs at that and Christmas asks "Is that Cody laughing? Stranger things have happened." Jess reacts to that but Cody says he "only heard witchcraft." Jess tells him what she said and Cody says "now he knows who." Matt is walking past all of this and calms Christmas down a little.

Matt tells Raven that after POV they should just let people go after it and do nothing. Its genuinely funny how often Matt and Raven strategize to not do anything.

Jessica grabbed someone's rear end and Christmas and Raven are scandalized by it. It is worth nothing that Frank never grabbed at people half as much as Jessica does.

Jessica's just walking around singing "I hate this house" and "I hate these people."

Christmas: [sad voice]Jody won't be Jody no more after Thursday. That makes me... [sings]so happy! So happy!
Raven: I might pee my pants.

This poo poo is going to explode after POV. I'm not even sure anything has happened, there's just so much pent up tension and Cody and Jess are walking around throwing nasty looks, ignoring people, tossing around comments, and like doing passive aggressive things like closing doors on Christmas or cooking a giant personal meal in the middle of everyone preparing Kevin a birthday celebration.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 7, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kitties now so it might be POV time. In 60-90 minutes I'm expecting drama.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I thought POV already happened and Mark won?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV Ceremony. My bad. By all accounts Mark intends to use it and Josh is putting up Raven. Which shouldn't be dramatic but everyone seems really keyed up. And Jess is CONVINCED that Raven's not going up because everyone hates her and thinks she'll throw a fit so if Raven goes up peacefully and hugs everyone and handles it well it could set off Jess' triggers of being wrong/not knowing what's happening/not having control.

She might also think Kevin lied to her and potentially blow up his game or something. I don't know. We're dealing with irrational actors here so anything is possible. Last week the POV Ceremony was entirely expected and should have been drama free and Jessica ended up losing her poo poo over Jason saying "Cody messed up Jess' game" and then everyone lost their drat minds and had a mob scene.

Also I made monkey bread last night and just had some for a super late breakfast. I would like to thank BB18's Bridgette for introducing this tasty thing to me last summer.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 7, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Also I made monkey bread last night and just had some for a super late breakfast. I would like to thank BB18's Bridgette for introducing this tasty thing to me last summer.

I saw a pic of her floating around somewhere. She somehow got Mr. Jenkins out of the house and has nurtured him into a mighty-looking bush :3:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, as an amateur gardener basil's biggest difficulty growing is to make sure the pot's big enough and someone doesn't pick it clean. Which is tough because basil tastes awesome.

Mark is down and Raven's up. No apparent drama but Jody and Elena are moping about fake people or something.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

POV Ceremony. My bad. By all accounts Mark intends to use it and Josh is putting up Raven. Which shouldn't be dramatic but everyone seems really keyed up. And Jess is CONVINCED that Raven's not going up because everyone hates her and thinks she'll throw a fit so if Raven goes up peacefully and hugs everyone and handles it well it could set off Jess' triggers of being wrong/not knowing what's happening/not having control.

She might also think Kevin lied to her and potentially blow up his game or something. I don't know. We're dealing with irrational actors here so anything is possible. Last week the POV Ceremony was entirely expected and should have been drama free and Jessica ended up losing her poo poo over Jason saying "Cody messed up Jess' game" and then everyone lost their drat minds and had a mob scene.

Monkey bread is an awful lie, in that it contains no actual monkey.

Don't even get me started on turtle sundaes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven tells Matt and Josh that if Mark for her on Thursday out she'll murder him.
Matt: It would be the stupidest move in the world but... it is Mark.

Christmas saying that Mark's speech was "I know you said I was a pawn but I'm more of a dessert kind of guy." She's trying to figure out what that means and thinks he may think "pawn" is "prawn". She's joking but she's doing so in a way that clearly shows she's still annoyed by Mark using the POV and hasn't made peace with that. She's going to have to or its going to cause problems for her.

Jessica tells Cody that if Josh had given "another one of his speeches" she was going to walk out of the house. She's mad at someone staring at her. You may have noticed a theme but Jess is always about the "stares." She jokes about putting cyanide in the water. As I expected she's irrationally angry about an inevitability of the POV Ceremony.

Josh is stewing too. Everyone's really on edge.

Jody or Mark left a sink full of unwashed dishes as they always do. Matt who usually cleans is refusing to wash them until dinner to prove a point. Josh goes to wash them and Christmas almost bites his head off.

Jess glad she's getting out of the house before Cody she can set up their lives together. Cody says he selfishly wants her to stay. Jess says if there was a way she would. Remember, people have been throwing out life preservers to Jess all week and she's been throwing them back. Cody says he wanted to save Jessica in the game but Jess saved him 3 times and sacrificed her game for him. This has been eating at Cody the last few days and if they were taunting him with him like Paul wants he'd ABSOLUTELY break down. Cody says he never thought he'd meet a girl who could be strong for him. Cody going on about how he misjudged her on every level at the start of the game. I think he's prepping her for what she might find out about his plotting against her the first couple of weeks and what he's lied about.

Matt, Raven, and Christmas being a little catty about how Jess is going to go back to her LA lifestyle and fall out of love with Cody. Saying how Cody will never be able to deal with Jessica's job and people being flirty and physical with her. They're probably right but it plays mean. Eventually Matt says he hoped it works out because Jess sacrificed a lot for him and Christmas conceding there's something "powerful" between them standing by all each other. Raven makes it about her and keeps saying Cody tried to kiss her first.

Alex shares her planned goodbye message to Jess:
Alex: Hey, Jessica. Thank you so much for hating me for no apparent reason and failing multiple times to get me evicted. I want to wish you a happy summer not making it to Jury and I hope you take this time learning to be a nicer person and to stop lying so people stop wanting to kick you out. Don't worry I'll take care of Cody. wink #SoJealous

She also plans to wear a hat that says "petty."

Christmas complaining about Jody loving under other people's comforters. "If you're loving in this house keep your own bed poo poo!" It may be part of a petty fit but you can't argue with that.

Mark talking about going to the NFL Combine and how everyone loved how he looked but he basically didn't have the cardio, athleticism, and flexibility for it since he was too focused on body building. Also he doesn't like helmets.

Baby crying just started over the speakers. Everyone, including me, is freaked out.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Jess is going to ask for an EPT on Thursday afternoon and hand the results to Cody as she walks out Thursday night :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently Cody and Jess were loving when the baby crying got played. So BB might have been loving with them. Jess says Cody couldn't finish after that. If I have to know now you do too.

Jess tells Elena the vote will be 6-0-2. Jess won't tell her who the second vote is but says she's working on a 3rd. I don't know what the gently caress Jess is talking about. Kevin and Jason? I'm lost as usual with what Jess thinks is happening in the game.

Paul and Jason speculating that the baby crying might be some other twist that saves Jody again. Paul not happy about this possibility. Jason thinks Jody are acting weird like Jess isn't going home. They're on high alert that something is happening. Paul says that if something appears on screen they shouldn't tell Jody.

Christmas is working out with a broken foot, which makes me feel really bad about myself.

Dog barking over the speakers now. Either something's happening or they're just bored and loving with the HGs.

• Locked thread