Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

WarpDogs posted:

I would be furious at my employer for taking that kind of picture. Working the weekend is bad enough, being bribed with pizza is insulting, but then you have some PR rear end in a top hat taking a picture for social media in order to make it look like everything is fine and that working on the weekend on a 8+ month delayed patch to a 4+ year delayed game is perfectly normal and good

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck CIG

Wasn't there some official video of Robert Space insisting there was not crunch, uhhhhuh, no, crunch here. Wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

This seems as good an opportunity to educate on the topic as I'll get, so I'll take it.  The ongoing narrative conflict has long been more nuanced than Cymelion gives it credit. Beer, for example, isn't a Troll, he's a Believer turned Heretic. When you see all disagreement as simply trolling of two flavors, high and low, you're missing valuable distinctions -- distinctions which can clarify one's understanding of the diverse ecosystem we're all a part of (him included.)

Allow me to explain in infographic:

Circulation is welcomed but credit isn't needed nor really even desired. It's not especially helpful since it biases so many unnecessarily. They might otherwise find it illuminating, which is the hope.

pages behind but great work again gorf

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:gary:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

This is beautiful.

I wonder if there is a pretty way to add in the SHIP SALES that occurred in the timeline...!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JLaelFletcher/status/893920296859774976

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I just clicked at a random point in that episode (13:00 in) having hardly ever bothered to watch any SC videos and got this:

"Dear Wingman,

Will those that complete SQ42 before joining the wider universe, being former military, have an easier time with military authorities..?"

:lol: at completing SQ42

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zcrow posted:

Shocking revelation: they're actually spelling it correctly.

:vince:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Maybe it's CIG that doesn't understand video game development.

:eyepop:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Hey!

Hey guys!

Where's the star in Star Citizen?

It's really more of a black hole these days

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

XK posted:

The Witness sucked.

It's playing a $1 phone game inside a pretty walking simulator.

The ending was self wankery.

It released at $40.

Jonathon Blow pukes out trash.

Maybe melting down over a game you haven't played is a bad idea I dunno

Calling it a mobile phone game is really really dumb, the basic underlying mechanic might be a simple one but everything that surrounds and informs it is complex and ridiculously well thought out. Blow is a total arse but he made a seriously good game.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Johnathan Bro.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Spatial posted:

The guy on the left-middle sure doesn't look too happy

He's probably lactose-intolerant.

But he will eat his pizza.

He will have his revenge.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

Deserving of a place on page (NCC) 1701 (D), the best Enterprise Captain:

Photo is from his spoke his historical line: "CALLED IT!"

:golfclap:

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

keeping it clean

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 5, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

This isn't beautiful; it's gorgeous.

Hater/Skeptic multiclass is great if your Pipeline Master allows it. Just make sure you pick up Quote CR before level 5.

Troll is probably a lot of fun if you have enough INT to swing it. You only need a small amount of WIS to use Improved Feint. Check out /u/Touchdowntim55 for a good build.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Mne nravitsya posted:

So, are we to assume that without a backer generously buying pizza, this team would have worked through the weekend and had to buy their own lunches?!?

gently caress off Roberts. I have never - at any company- asked people to work weekends and not "at a minimum" fed the team. That picture shows you and Sandy's true colors.

I assume he's on his rear end at home "working" by watching some poo poo movie for a new visual direction. Here ya go Robber(ts) why don't you archer this visual direction next for Tard Citizen

Please tell us the "Origin" of your contempt for Robert Space. Stories are good and fun.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Blast from the past...

The Big "Star Citizen Admirer's Manual":

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-IcjYNAf_kU38dW-0/The%20BIG%20Star%20Citizen%20Admirer%27s%20Manual#page/n0/mode/2up

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Keeping it clean

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 25, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Did you even READ the part where I stated that Shitizens call me Steve because they're so loving stupid, that when I narrated my Angle Of Attack game's tutorial as one of the NPC characters named Steve (a pilot), they accused me of "narrating under an alias" <---- I poo poo you not. It's all right there in /r/dereksmart

Also, a German named Steve isn't common. Or did you miss the part were he said he was German too?
I'd almost wager to say that if it's an alias they just chose Steve because it's kind of generic, not because of some deeper meaning but I could be wrong. Steve is just... kind of just a generic random name someone might pick. :shrug:

Sometimes the worst part of a conspiracy is that there is no conspiracy. :)

Nope. They are fond of saying that I use "Steve" and "Lucas", two of my NPC characters, as "alts".

Here is the part where I verified that it was an absolute wind-up after I decided to play along.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 6, 2017

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Mne nravitsya posted:

My contempt comes from directly working with the man at Digital Anvil for a number of years. A lot of us signed on with him because we bought the Wing Commander super genius pitch. I'm rewatching this disaster like it's groundhog day all over again, and I am saddened for the youngins he's bringing in and destroying their morale for future industry work.

Telling stories serves no purpose, as the obvious truth is still the same regardless:

There is no genius beyond the hand waving.

Thanks, but please consider stories, they really are good :)

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Golli posted:

By putting cheese on Toast?

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
I'm sorry

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

AbstractNapper posted:

These people look so happy for having to work through the weekend in what I am assuming is a marathon to gettin the new fake demo up and running for GamesCom.

I mean, Sandi or whoever was holding the gun during that photo-shoot, they could also be a few high-five-ing each other or doing acrobatic cartwheels and air flips, but what do I know.

I doubt Sandi comes in on the weekends, or Chris. They've got beaches to lay on and limited edition Porches to drive.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I don't know why people keep thinking they can pin this man down. Even if they pooled their collective experience in shitposting and trolling on the internet they couldn't match half of Derek's long years wasted doing it. It's like trying to punch cooked spaghetti. Give it up.

They're all new to this trolling thing, you see. And when you're engaged in a long troll, especially the reverse-inverse variation, which is the Kobayashi Maru of trolls, it's way harder, as there is no "win"

They're loving morons. Now they're not only generating their own FUD to grief themselves through me, but they're really - truly - engaged in self-owns of the dumbest variety. It's uncanny AF, and I love it.

This is good because, as they have done in the past, they will continue to discount and discard anything I say, until the reality hits since they can't tell when I'm trolling and when I'm not.

It's all lovely really. This is good for Star Citizen. And furthermore.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

WarpDogs posted:

I would be furious at my employer for taking that kind of picture. Working the weekend is bad enough, being bribed with pizza is insulting, but then you have some PR rear end in a top hat taking a picture for social media in order to make it look like everything is fine and that working on the weekend on a 8+ month delayed patch to a 4+ year delayed game is perfectly normal and good

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck CIG

What? The team are pulling together, trying to crunch together the Gamescom presentation. I'm sure we'll also get to see a couple photos from the pre-CitCon crunch, then again from the Christmas sale crunch, and finally the big crunch to finally cut 3.0 down to a releasable state

It's touching really, CIG are like a big happy family that get paid to hang around and make dreams happen. Sending them home would be punishment

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Warhawk109 posted:

I doubt Sandi comes in on the weekends, or Chris. They've got beaches to lay on and limited edition Porches to drive.

She obviously took that photo on Friday, when she dropped off pizzas to last them over the weekend

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Crazypoops posted:

It's because whoever mocapped that is wearing loving heels. :ughh: That's why it looks like a supermodel is walking down the isle.

They don't sway at all without heels, that's why heels are a thing.

Could they really be stupid enough to go with "Armored fuckboots" usually reserved for super heroines ?

http://comicsalliance.com/files/2014/08/Untitled-21.jpg

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

D_Smart posted:

They're all new to this trolling thing, you see. And when you're engaged in a long troll, especially the reverse-inverse variation, which is the Kobayashi Maru of trolls, it's way harder, as there is no "win"

They're loving morons. Now they're not only generating their own FUD to grief themselves through me, but they're really - truly - engaged in self-owns of the dumbest variety. It's uncanny AF, and I love it.

This is good because, as they have done in the past, they will continue to discount and discard anything I say, until the reality hits since they can't tell when I'm trolling and when I'm not.

It's all lovely really. This is good for Star Citizen. And furthermore.

Were you ever part of the era of fatbabies? I'm sure you were, as it was troll central for a while with the old gods of gaming I remember a time when the execs from one company I was at, came through our offices one by one, and made us bring up our internet history because they were furious about something that got posted there - and they were trying to nab it.

For me: Those troll days will always be most glorious

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG's in a hilarious catch-22 right now. On the one hand, everyone needs to know about 3.0, because they need more money (actually they can't do anything no matter how much money they get, but Chris thinks he can) so GamesCon and all that jazz needs to be hyped up, along with 3.0, to continue to hoodwink backers into giving them more cash.

But, on the other hand, 3.0 is a loving disaster, along with the entire project, so they need to draw as much attention away from 3.0 as they possibly can to keep backer confidence high to keep getting cash while they walk back promise after promise until 3.0 is basically 2.6.0.1.

What do you do? You release videos about holograms. Nobody asked for it, it has nothing to do with anything but dreams. It's an attempt to draw attention both to and from the project simultaneously. It's a weak attempt, but backers are weak people, so my guess is it's working great.

They have been doing that in one way or another since Chris realized they couldnt hit the original 2014 deadline.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

TheAgent posted:

how do you not have orbiting planets

how do you not have this in your space game after 5 years

how do you take $155 million from people and give them this

how do I have so many questions

TheAgent posted:

yeah, so welcome to yet another module on the main screen

Drop 3.0 so I can call it already

Mne nravitsya posted:

My contempt comes from directly working with the man at Digital Anvil for a number of years. A lot of us signed on with him because we bought the Wing Commander super genius pitch. I'm rewatching this disaster like it's groundhog day all over again, and I am saddened for the youngins he's bringing in and destroying their morale for future industry work.

Telling stories serves no purpose, as the obvious truth is still the same regardless:

:popeye:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

Nope. They are fond of saying that I use "Steve" and "Lucas", two of my NPC characters, as "alts".

Here is the part where I verified that it was an absolute wind-up after I decided to play along.

I honestly just don't see it, but that's ok. I'm not a warlord and I don't have the talent to play people or figure out how to out people in a trick. I'll take your word for it, friend. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
The email doesn't look genuine and written stupidly, but the clue there is the content not the name Steve. :confused:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 6, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mne nravitsya posted:

ok, steve

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Never trust anyone named steve imo.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
yeah I used to work for chris roberts too, I was his housekeeper and he made me do windows which I said I wouldn't do

welcome to the sick and heartbreaking truths of the roberts family

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

drat Dirty Ape posted:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Not even Toast?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mne nravitsya posted:

Were you ever part of the era of fatbabies? I'm sure you were, as it was troll central for a while with the old gods of gaming I remember a time when the execs from one company I was at, came through our offices one by one, and made us bring up our internet history because they were furious about something that got posted there - and they were trying to nab it.

For me: Those troll days will always be most glorious

Yes of course. I'm a Fatbabies alumni in fact. Ah yeah, good times.

There was that time when we'd take stuff off Usenet, usually about a gamedev or company, completely and utterly distort it, then post it on Fatbabies as a "rumor". Man, that caused so much consternation at EA, Activision and others like 3D Realms and Ion Storm, it was hilarious. In the case of the Ion Storm one, to this day, there are those who believe that the play-by-play collapse of that studio originated from Fatbabies because the brain trust there decided to "step in front" of rumors before they were public. In other words, they were clarifying stuff that was merely posted as a fishing expedition - with zero confirmation. God it was hilarious AF.

In fact, over on PlanetCrap, we used to do this 24-7 as that's where quite a few of us devs (some, like me, posting as themselves, and some as anon) used to hang out and talk poo poo.

Good times.

Kids today have no loving clue.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Golli posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Sorry, 29m 10 seconds

basically Erris said CR stopped 10FTC because most of the questions were submitted by you being angsty.

HAHAHA.

That's right assholes, CIG cancelled an entire segment, the direct line to the guy in charge of the whole loving thing, because one person was asking mean questions and nobody else was interested enough to bother.

I killed 104TC. That's how awesome I am.