Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Just be sure to dress in an appropriately light fashion and wear a hat to prevent sunburn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Capntastic posted:

Just be sure to dress in an appropriately light fashion and wear a hat to prevent sunburn

I... literally do this. Zone through zone, outfits must be carefully planned. I take my sunglasses off when it's night. A good fluffy jacket for Transylvania, but I still need to find something that will protect my character from rain without looking silly (she's a serious templar operative)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someone on the Reddit used the phrase gypped and now I'm being accused of virtue signaling for saying it was racist. And down voted? Which apparently means something? Pubbies are so easy.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Thank you for your story

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Thank you for your story

Look man I make it my goal to try and anger pubbies. With the loss of an official forum to post my Original Character in and the general unhappiness of the Reddit it's been hard. Let me have this.

Edit: What I need to do is find another RP wedding to crash. Cheston ruined the last one.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Wheres my Grifter outfit funcom? :negative:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

Look man I make it my goal to try and anger pubbies. With the loss of an official forum to post my Original Character in and the general unhappiness of the Reddit it's been hard. Let me have this.

Edit: What I need to do is find another RP wedding to crash. Cheston ruined the last one.

I trust you have the mankini ready.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

M_Sinistrari posted:

Chat was speculating about that earlier today. It'll still take me a bit to get to Tokyo if it is, I kinda put Egypt on hiatus because I really wasn't feeling running around a computer desert when I'm in the Southwest during summer with kinda weak air conditioning.

Well, poo poo, I should have just looked at the update roadmap.

https://secretworldlegends.com/update-roadmap/

August is Tokyo.

Didn't want to have to grind this weekend. :sigh:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Look at you,. believing in Funcom's ability to do things on time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

angerbeet posted:

Look at you,. believing in Funcom's ability to do things on time.

Tokyo in 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

Well, poo poo, I should have just looked at the update roadmap.

https://secretworldlegends.com/update-roadmap/

August is Tokyo.

Didn't want to have to grind this weekend. :sigh:

Good luck grinding all your gear to purple 30 in a weekend.

(I actually have no idea what the gear level will be but I'm guessing hit will need to be decent)

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

DancingShade posted:

(I actually have no idea what the gear level will be but I'm guessing hit will need to be decent)

If things play out itll be Council of venice after Whispering Tide, then Tokyo. Probably have until end of august to get tokyo gear .

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
At the Agartha entrance to Tokyo there needs to be a new NPC before you go inside. One of those little goblin folks from Transylvania.

They will stand there holding a 3D rendered loot box in one hand and a rattling money tin in the other.

Oh and maybe a couple NPC bees opening crates saying things like "wow now I sure can take on that filth", "jackpot" etc. Really hard sell it.

Obnoxiously as possible.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Actually I'm looking forward to Orochi Tower dungeons in story mode. I never went into the basement and very few people ever completed it.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

DancingShade posted:

nooo way, they're really focused on not losing average players and apart from anything else it's counterintuitive to now say "okay, and for this new content, go back and grind what you just did for a month so you stand a chance." people would just get repeatedly owned, not understand what they were doing wrong and quit. they've learned better. I bet you never even see a meaningful hit requirement on world/story dungeon content. it's just too unintuitive for people who don't dig mechanics.

we'll get a nerfed Tokyo and the game will be better for it. it was fun when it was punishingly hard and scary, but TSW moved away from that design principle a long time ago.

(I remember when Burning Crusade came out there were raiders who wanted to justify their time investment to themselves speculating you'd need tiered raiding gear to survive in Outland, so people would have to stop when they hit 60 and raid for 18 months before they could do the expansion content)

DancingShade posted:

Actually I'm looking forward to Orochi Tower dungeons in story mode. I never went into the basement and very few people ever completed it.

they were actually p hard and had punishing Aegis level requirements. some interesting encounters. a council-style fight with the orochibees and a super lethal dance with a giant mecha scorpion.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So what you're saying is they won't gently caress this up in contrast to literally everything else about the relaunch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Morglon posted:

So what you're saying is they won't gently caress this up in contrast to literally everything else about the relaunch.

It's kind of adorable isn't it?

Also you won't always run into another player but when you do you can bet they're going to snipe the champion spawn out from under you while you're stuck doing a wave defense mission.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Morglon posted:

none of the game systems themselves have been part of relaunch problems and the story mode dungeons' sleepwalkability points to their understanding they need game modes accessible to players who don't care about their numbers

guess it's always possible they completely gently caress Aegis again but the weapon gimmicks make me think they're going for colorful, distinctive mechanics over fiddly ones, which is Good

still wanna be able to zone into elite-scaled open-world playfields where every mob is terrifying like back at launch tho

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

AEGIS is gonna be rhythm game mechanics forced into direct opposition to the one-second ability GCD

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

That may already be in. I got a status effect that was two horizontally-aligned arrows pointing at each other (like -> <- ), but it didn't stick around long enough for me to mouse over it. Presumably, I failed to make the proper foot motion to keep it going

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Geary: Burn your goal tree and get your dancing shoes on because all eyes are on Tokyo and Dance Dance Revolution is the price of your first class ticket to the shitshow

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
The arrow popup was probably from the Hexed Book side quest near the end of the War Golem quest at the Academy. As you head back to the library with the book, your left-right directions periodically get reversed.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So I noticed crystals that give something like a Demonic Knowledge buff in the Hell dungeons. What are these about. The buff says that this knowledge could potentially be made permanent. Is this lore thing, because it's hard to find info on it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kokoro Wish posted:

So I noticed crystals that give something like a Demonic Knowledge buff in the Hell dungeons. What are these about. The buff says that this knowledge could potentially be made permanent. Is this lore thing, because it's hard to find info on it.

It's Rakshasa 6. You go through each hell dungeon and touch the crystal to get a 2 hour buff and at number 3 you get a lore

In other news I ran an elite with Lefin and a pod of whales.

http://imgur.com/a/kX744

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The only extraordinary DPS items worth a crap are Radiant Seed of Aggression and Radiant Cold Silver Dice.

I mean Crushed Cities and Revenant Ashes are OK but utterly minuscule.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Gambler's Soul is good too, although you need X amount of crit.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Bring back the more free form skill selection.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Winner posted:

Save that idea for the relaunch relaunch relaunch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

loving Hell this game. I'm in the middle of Crime and Punishment and when I went to pull up a blog I got this sinister page that didn't seem like what I was supposed to find. https://samkreigsightings.wordpress.com/ So I solve the cipher, as you do.

YOUTYPEDKRIEGWRONG

...well played.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Reality Winner posted:

I was always just following forum builds and/or sucking anyway though, if you were doing it right you were netdecking

wouldn't mind having an extra slot for a second basic ability for a more versatile tank/dps tank/heal setup, or just to try to recharge my secondary with crits as a gamble, but at least now all weapons are pretty close in output? freeform builds are false choices so much of the time, just traps for people who aren't imitating the experts

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Bruceski posted:

loving Hell this game. I'm in the middle of Crime and Punishment and when I went to pull up a blog I got this sinister page that didn't seem like what I was supposed to find. https://samkreigsightings.wordpress.com/ So I solve the cipher, as you do.

YOUTYPEDKRIEGWRONG

...well played.

This is legitimately hilarious.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So my initial sub period expired (I did not have it set to auto renew). Still playing a bit each day so I figured I would renew for another 30 days - using the Steam client this time mind you.

The in game "I want to give you money" button does nothing. No deduction off steam wallet, no bank charges using the old billing system. Nothing.

Oh Funcom :allears:

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

DancingShade posted:

The in game "I want to give you money" button does nothing. No deduction off steam wallet, no bank charges using the old billing system. Nothing.

The little bee symbol in the upper left corner of the game screen took me where I needed to go, but I didn't start patron until I was already playing SWL through Steam.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hello Sailor posted:

The little bee symbol in the upper left corner of the game screen took me where I needed to go, but I didn't start patron until I was already playing SWL through Steam.

Yeah it worked for me in the pre-Steam client. The "subscribe now" screen still pops up but the pay button just makes the window go away and nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure it's a fuckup with how my account is set up in their database and I'll get a response to my email in a month or two, long after I stop caring.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Nah they don't want money that's why they started out with only a credit card thing run by a company that's super shady and blocked by many banks from what I read at the time, a cash shop that's hidden away and omnipresent at the same time and prices that would make loving Nexon blush. And I mean seriously, I have no problem spending money on games, I got drunk last Christmas and dumped 150 bucks on Gems of War and the same amount on Path of Exile earlier this year. I also liked the original so much that when I picked it up during the buy to play conversion I bought Lifetime a week in and haven't regretted it yet. Funcom has done lovely things in the past but up until now they haven't been a company I refuse to give money.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm personally disappointed that those of us dumb enough to buy the old lifetime subscription don't get anything but unlimited patron status, at least as far as I can tell.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Pendent posted:

I'm personally disappointed that those of us dumb enough to buy the old lifetime subscription don't get anything but unlimited patron status, at least as far as I can tell.

How is that a bad deal? You purchased lifetime subscription and are now subscribed for life.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I mostly miss the monthly funbuck stipend. It was nice being able to buy whatever I wanted from the store when I logged in every few months.

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Pendent posted:

I mostly miss the monthly funbuck stipend. It was nice being able to buy whatever I wanted from the store when I logged in every few months.

apparently the nightmare steed was a loyalty reward? I guess I didn't log in during the claim window, that's the only thing I'm bitter about wrt grandmaster. I want that hosed up pony a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Yeah it worked for me in the pre-Steam client. The "subscribe now" screen still pops up but the pay button just makes the window go away and nothing happens.

I'm pretty sure it's a fuckup with how my account is set up in their database and I'll get a response to my email in a month or two, long after I stop caring.

Turn on Steam Overlay