Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I haven't had a single player update in a couple days on ESPN. Maybe everyone decided to gently caress off and do football stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Trade question:

R/HR/SB/RBI/OBP/SLG for hitters
W/SV/K/HLD/ERA/WHIP for pitchers

I have Christian Yelich on the trading block, and I've been offered Danny Duffy for him. I can't decide to accept or maybe counter offer Yelich for Carlos Martinez, maybe? I'd like a bit of advice on it first. Thanks!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My ERA for the day is 162.00.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

My ERA for the day is 162.00.

Did you also start Kirby Yates D:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
D: :hf: D:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Chris Taylor needs to be added to the Waiver Pickups of the Year list. Hitting .316 with 14 bombs and 13 steals, playing everyday and racking up counting stats in that lineup.

In one pro league I have Taylor (2B, 3B, SS, OF) and Marwin (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF). It's like having a cheat code, just play them wherever ya feel like it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mentholmoose posted:

Trade question:

R/HR/SB/RBI/OBP/SLG for hitters
W/SV/K/HLD/ERA/WHIP for pitchers

I have Christian Yelich on the trading block, and I've been offered Danny Duffy for him. I can't decide to accept or maybe counter offer Yelich for Carlos Martinez, maybe? I'd like a bit of advice on it first. Thanks!

If it helps I'm not trading you Martinez for Yelich

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

do your guys' leagues have a policy for accidental drops? i just accidentally dropped kimbrel :(

i mean, it's obvious i did not mean to do so, especially since i picked up claudio in the same transaction. yes, it's my fault, and yes, i should have paid attention, i know. i was on my phone and just didn't realize it. at the same time, i feel like how obviously bad a move this is outweights that, especially since i'm very active in the league and have won it multiple times and never, ever would have made meant to do this.

thoughts?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 5, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Abel Wingnut posted:

do your guys' leagues have a policy for accidental drops? i just accidentally dropped kimbrel :(

i mean, it's obvious i did not mean to do so, especially since i picked up claudio in the same transaction. yes, it's my fault, and yes, i should have paid attention, i know. i was on my phone and just didn't realize it. at the same time, i feel like how obviously bad a move this is outweights that, especially since i'm very active in the league and have won it multiple times and never, ever would have made meant to do this.

thoughts?

Tell the commissioner? You obviously didn't mean to drop a top 5 closer. If I was commissioner I'd fix as long as you messaged immediately after it happened

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i did

e: and reversed. could've seen that going either way. whew.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 5, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Had Scherzer carrasco Lester and manea going today for a nice combined what 7 innings are you loving kidding me

Add Rich Hill to this shitshow of a pitching week :slick:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has a loving minus minus fastball and all 3 homers are him serving it right up

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hope you all got salazar

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

I was an hour too late.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

I did.

And CBS failed to let me know he was starting today. :smithicide:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

:hfive:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

hope you all got salazar

I deserve some props for not only drafting him but hanging on to him through all his bad starts and DL stint

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Doltos posted:

I deserve some props for not only drafting him but hanging on to him through all his bad starts and DL stint

i would have but he was kept :/

but i traded for him at his low :)

he's seriously a top 5 pitcher when healthy.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 6, 2017

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Berrios, you jerk. You just lost ERA for me. :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It's starting to rain, maybe it'll get cancelled! :ohdear:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I am the unluckiest wins pitcher owner in any league history. I can wrack up 100+ innings with sub 2 ERA and 100Ks and have like a win at the end of the week it's insane

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I was slightly behind in ERA/WHIP with both Aaron Nola and Jeff Hoffman playing at Coors, and miraculously I think they're doing it.

I hope they don't implode because I'm posting this :ohdear:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone dropped Wilson Contreras in the goon league a month back and I've been very very happy ever since

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Excuse me, that's WINNING PITCHER Jose Berrios to you and me. :laugh:

Also Buster Posey stole two bases today!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Someone dropped Wilson Contreras in the goon league a month back and I've been very very happy ever since

That was me. :mad:

EDIT: Impatience has seriously hosed me in 2 leagues this year.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 7, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yo, don't drop super talented guys. ever. no matter how bad they're doing. they can easily put it together and go insane.

like right now, don't drop xander or berrios or schwarber or buxton or any number of guys.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 7, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also my decision to start Manaea against the punchless Angels instead of Stroman against the killer Astros...did not work out well.

Abel Wingnut posted:

yo, don't drop super talented guys. ever. no matter how bad they're doing. they can easily put it together and go insane.

like right now, don't drop xander or berrios or schwarber or buxton or any number of guys.

Yeah, but I thought Lucroy was the super-talented C on my roster :(

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Abel Wingnut posted:

What has Buxton done to deserve this kind of statement? Maybe in dynasty leagues, but only in the very deepest. We have a 10 player keeper league and I wouldn't keep Buxton.

Bogaerts is such a mystery. Dude is incredibly talented, he should be putting up better numbers than he is. I don't know what to make of him.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i'm only referring to keeper leagues--sorry.

but yes, his minor league pedigree and his flashes of brilliance are why i buy him wherever i can.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The Bud Norris experience seems like it might be coming to an end. He's had some awful games recently.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Discussion for Keon Broxton:

Go.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you want him. his issue was mental/approach, and he said he overcame it in his week-long demotion. if that little hang-up is really over, he can be a crazy good asset.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Abel Wingnut posted:

you want him. his issue was mental/approach, and he said he overcame it in his week-long demotion. if that little hang-up is really over, he can be a crazy good asset.

People say that and every time I watch Broxton bat his stance and approach look like he should be a .200 hitter. I don't know how he cranks some of these homers when he barely gets the bat around on changeups.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, he has issues with pitches that move, that's undeniable. but tonight he took some close pitches you'd expect him to whiff at. looks to me he's seeing the ball well.

i guess just pick him up, see how he goes. upside's too great imo.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

yea, he has issues with pitches that move, that's undeniable. but tonight he took some close pitches you'd expect him to whiff at. looks to me he's seeing the ball well.

who would you rather have, Broxton, Marte, or Maybin in an OBP league?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

depends.

keeper league? if so, how much would each cost to keep? how far back are you in the offensive categories?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

who would you rather have, Broxton, Marte, or Maybin in an OBP league?

Starling Marte? Why wouldn't you want him?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

depends.

keeper league? if so, how much would he cost to keep? how far back are you in the offensive categories?

not a keeper, also H2H not roto. I'm in 1st place, 10 games ahead of 2nd.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Doltos posted:

i'm assuming ketel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Abel Wingnut posted:

i'm assuming ketel?

Starling. Broxton intrigues me and Marte isn't having a great year when he has played. Maybe I need to give him a longer leash.

• Locked thread