Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

I don't know why a butter bar would give a single poo poo about anything anyone else is doing. Even now if I saw some random dude running around butt naked screaming about how much he hates the army I would just be like "well, that's odd" and continue walking to my office. The CSM and 1SG's can worry about that poo poo.

Whether they're NCO's or officers, the tryhard pieces of poo poo are the worst people in the army. The guys that are afraid of so much as a mild slap on the wrist because oh my god, what if it effects my OER/NCOER?!?!?! Unless someone is killed or maimed, you will be forgiven.

Well see there's your problem. If you see someone like that, the first thing you do is ask if they have been to suicide awareness mandatory training.

I also had those last two officer/nco types for like my last 4 years of the Army and I'm stupid hosed up becUse of it. Like bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
But my unit is nothing like that. CO is chill, 1SG is chill, my LT is cool who tells funny stories and let's us go home early. Alm these stories just sound like they come from a different Army, so now I am worried that my unit is a unicorn and that one day I meet the green weenie with a loving fury. Or maybe it's 173rd that is chill. No one here cares about me walking home on PT hours. Or weekend briefing being at 1130.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

But my unit is nothing like that. CO is chill, 1SG is chill, my LT is cool who tells funny stories and let's us go home early. Alm these stories just sound like they come from a different Army, so now I am worried that my unit is a unicorn and that one day I meet the green weenie with a loving fury. Or maybe it's 173rd that is chill. No one here cares about me walking home on PT hours. Or weekend briefing being at 1130.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHABABABABABAHABHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Soulex posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHABABABABABAHABHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Vahakyla posted:

Oh, you sweet, naive child.

Have you not noticed how 99% of this thread is people saying how the Army/their leadership has hosed them? You will outlast your 1SG and commander by years in the unit. One day you'll be forced to practice a change of command or change of responsibility for 5 hours, then they'll pass a flag to each other and the new person will look at what their predecessor did, say "gently caress all of that" and change everything because they can. It's almost always a change for the worse, because they don't realize that the reason for doing things the old way is because it's a good way to do it, but they want to leave their mark on the unit. Or they look at it like it's prison and they walk in the door just trying to stir poo poo up to say "don't gently caress with me." There are also politics between the higher ups that you aren't even aware of, and eventually they will start to gently caress with you too. Your commander may see the way that another guy does something that doesn't make any sense and wastes time and energy, but would make a good bullet point on an OER or random PowerPoint and decide that if they want to get a leg up on their promotion eligibility, they'll have to do something more impressive and more stupid.

Here's an example. On some monthly PowerPoint, there was a red box for flu immunizations. So they rounded everyone up and had them go to the medical center to get flu shots so the red box could be green. The medical center then says three things: 1. You have to go to your unit medics before coming here to confirm that you need that shot 2. Flu shots are given on a basis of who needs them most, and healthy soldiers are at the bottom of that list 3. The flu shots for this year aren't even finalized yet so what you're asking for literally doesn't exist, come back in November.

This is unacceptable to the people in charge and they spend 45 minutes arguing with the civilians how their soldiers HAVE TO have these shots today, right now. Even though they are doing the process wrong to get shots that don't exist that aren't really necessary.

This is a pretty minor stupid thing that happened. Major things end up eating entire days of your life. Have you ever questioned why divorce rates/alcoholism/suicide is so common in this line of work?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Oh buddy the flushot! I got that three times last year because they kept misplacing all the goddamn paperwork.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

now I am worried that my unit is a unicorn and that one day I meet the green weenie with a loving fury.

The weenie will get ya some how, that's unavoidable. But yea you're one of the lucky ones. That was my experience in the 173rd. A ton of 3-4 day weekends, traveled all over Europe. I did my 3 years and got the gently caress out. I couldn't imagine spending my time in stateside, gently caress that.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Having good leaders doesn't mean you won't get hosed with either, there's only so much they can do. I like everyone I work with but we still get tons of stupid poo poo coming down from higher that has us work long hours pretty much all year

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Regardless of branch or job there is always going to be a day when you're stuck for periods of time doing unnecessary, stupid things because someone somewhere in the chain didn't stop and go "actually this is a bad idea, let's not tank morale and waste a shitload of manpower for no reason", and they aren't capable of that thought and follow on action because they're in the service and in turn inherently a loving moron

Enjoy it while it lasts Fin-Bro

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Finally de mobing

Killeen is...nice?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Also, during the drawdown, a lot of staff positions got slashed in favor of trigger puller positions. That might not sound bad because of the dumb staff officer/nco idea fairys, but a small staff means they're perpetually in "oh poo poo, react!" mode meaning shorter suspenses and last minute taskings.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Flikken posted:

Spacetoaster I have some MP specific questions and you do not appear to have PM's available. It has to do with looking up an old MPR.

Hmmm. Can you be very basic about what you are looking for?

Also, what do you mean by MPR? Miltiary Police Regiment, Military Police Record, Military Pimp Recording, etc?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Military Public Radio

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Finally de mobing

Killeen is...nice?

Pros of North fort Hood: the chocolate chip raspberry ice cream is on point.

Negs: enjoy your eight days of demobbing. Took 45 of two days just to clear finances.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

spacetoaster posted:

Hmmm. Can you be very basic about what you are looking for?

Also, what do you mean by MPR? Miltiary Police Regiment, Military Police Record, Military Pimp Recording, etc?

The 3975.

I was the one that wrote it and the victim in the incident reached out to me about getting copies for a claim that he is trying to file. I would have wrote it in Jan/Feb 2008 or so in a camp that we apparently closed in 2014.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Flikken posted:

The 3975.

I was the one that wrote it and the victim in the incident reached out to me about getting copies for a claim that he is trying to file. I would have wrote it in Jan/Feb 2008 or so in a camp that we apparently closed in 2014.

Oh wow. There might be a chance that it's archived either physically, or electronically.

I do not know where the records would be kept or who would have access to the database.

I would start the journey to finding that person (who knows about records/files/archives) by calling the good people here: http://www.benning.army.mil/garrison/des/PoliceReport.html

They might not be able to help you find exactly what you're looking for, but they would know more about how these things are kept (if at all).

Also you might try: http://www.cid.army.mil/crc.html

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

spacetoaster posted:

Oh wow. There might be a chance that it's archived either physically, or electronically.

I do not know where the records would be kept or who would have access to the database.

I would start the journey to finding that person (who knows about records/files/archives) by calling the good people here: http://www.benning.army.mil/garrison/des/PoliceReport.html

They might not be able to help you find exactly what you're looking for, but they would know more about how these things are kept (if at all).

Also you might try: http://www.cid.army.mil/crc.html

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure how much would still exist considering that a new unit rotated into that camp every 9 months or so and I think the Air Force even took over PMO operations at one point before we closed down the camp.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finally de mobing

Killeen is...nice?

compared to kuwait anything stateside is nice

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
gently caress Arifjan

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cyks posted:

Pros of North fort Hood: the chocolate chip raspberry ice cream is on point.

Negs: enjoy your eight days of demobbing. Took 45 of two days just to clear finances.

They got us home in 2.5 days. 95% home before Thanksgiving. poo poo was a Christmas miracle.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

26 days to terminal.

gently caress me, I think there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Suntan Boy posted:

26 days to terminal.

gently caress me, I think there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

Now is the perfect time to get drunk on duty and pop hot for coke

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Honestly arifjan wasn't bad until April when it started getting really loving hot. They have a lot of amenities there and I spent 100% of my off time wearing black socks and UA sliders and never shaving. Mission > day off > mission > day off in perpetuity tho

Oh yeah have some custom deployment memes I made about 2 months into country after we still hadn't had a single day where we weren't working 12 hours

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
after I passed out a bunch of these to various folks, mysteriously leadership saw a few and we got a day off

E4 mafia 🤔

Clean air, indoor plumbing, and grass is super nice though. Hoping to clear by the end of the week.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah that'd totally work

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I can just imagine a nervous private whipping this out and stammering like Kif from Futurama and the woman getting the lady equivalent of going instantly flaccid.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Honestly arifjan wasn't bad until April when it started getting really loving hot. They have a lot of amenities there and I spent 100% of my off time wearing black socks and UA sliders and never shaving. Mission > day off > mission > day off in perpetuity tho

Oh yeah have some custom deployment memes I made about 2 months into country after we still hadn't had a single day where we weren't working 12 hours

More loving image macros please

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hell yeah

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gently caress Kuwait

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

More loving image macros please

I think they're called emojis now

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

this is the pogest post

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

I think they're called emojis now

*cough* memes. Me mes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

loving boys in the army sure are is loving retarded.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
There is nothing shameful about asking for consent before sex. That's how we have to do things now.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress off. Consent goes both ways and if your dick keeps you from going "I think this person is shady," and walking away you are a loving moron.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 7, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Just walked off from morning Pt and formation with the platoon cuz LT was too hungover. Am in my barracks room.

Amount of people taking names or blocking exit or caring about it: loving 0.

Army owns.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Enjoy your honeymoon.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

The Rat posted:

I can just imagine a nervous private whipping this out and stammering like Kif from Futurama and the woman getting the lady equivalent of going instantly flaccid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqKmb7SSpTE

Soulex posted:

*cough* memes. Me mes.
Did you know that the misuse of the term "meme" is itself a meme?

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I unironically pronounced it like that because I didn't know better.