Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Report: Newest Clipper Willie Reed arrested on domestic violence charge
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-newest-clipper-willie-reed-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-170404502.html

https://twitter.com/Steven_Ballmer/status/893957946358603776

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's why I like NBAHD replays, I can watch without commercials, mute the call and just watch the game with some music playing. If I could get a feed with just court mics and play my own music, that would be ideal. Commentators are a legacy of low res tv and radio. You don't have to tell me what's happening unless you're getting into the nuts and bolts of some action that might not be obvious.

In 5.1+ systems you can turn on just the rear speakers and I think that's still just the court noise.

Libertine posted:

Extolling how much you like the Wire is the ultimate in rich white dude virtue signaling understanding the real plight of "the streets" while not actually understanding it at all (see: every Bill Simmons column ever).

The Wire is a good show but I've never once met a person talking about it who wasn't obnoxious as gently caress.

A few years back somebody kept PMing me unsolicited to watch that show. That's the only show that's happened with.

The Wire was the favorite TV show in the last poll:

code:
Name your favorite TV show:

Votes
The Wire			  10
Breaking Bad			  8
Rick and Morty			  5
Arrested Development		  4
Seinfeld			  4
Stranger Things			  3
Black Mirror			  2
Cheers				  2
Game of Thrones			  2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 2
NBA on TNT			  2
The Office			  2
The Sopranos			  2
Twin Peaks			  2

1 vote:

Atlanta	
Babylon 5
Better Call Saul	
Better Off Ted		
BoJack Horseman		
Daredevil		
Deadwood		
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Family Guy			
Fargo			
Frasier			
Friends			
Frisky Dingo			
Frontline			
Futurama			
Ghostwriter			
Halt and Catch Fire			
Hannibal			
King of the Hill 			
Mad Men			
Master of None			
Moschops			
Mr. Robot			
Nathan for You			
On Cinema at The Cinema			
Perfect Strangers			
Person of Interest 			
Pretty Little Liars			
Regular Show			
RuPaul's Drag Race			
Sherlock			
SmackDown Live			
Space Ghost Coast to Coast			
Speak for Yourself with Cowherd & Whitlock
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine		
Steven Universe			
Strangers with Candy			
Survivor			
Survivor's Remorse			
The Flash			
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air	
The League			
The Leftovers			
The Return of Superman			
The Shield			
The Simpsons			
Veep			
Westworld			
You're the Worst
I like Breaking Bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDg1L7vGH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Shout out to the fellow Sopranos fan

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

420 pages in less than two months of the offseason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jcxsE1Ahg

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Who voted pretty little liars reveal yourself at once

E: lol brolic with the triple d

Metapod fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 7, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
shoutout to the ghostwriter fan

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just hope he doesn't end up like Bargnani

What, briefly on the Knicks?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

shoutout to the cheers fans, i dont remember what i picked but it was probably the wire or arrested development

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

If he ends up like bargnani they can trade him for two firsts. Light years ahead

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everyone poo poo'd Dennis Smith's defense or effort level on a bad team which is dumb poo poo when they should have focused on his inability to land properly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

markkanen might be good or not, but it's up to the organization to develop players and because he's on the bulls he has no loving chance

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

markkanen might be good or not, but it's up to the organization to develop players and because he's on the bulls he has no loving chance

They turned Cam Payne into a turd faster than a dog eating potato salad

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Brolander posted:

shoutout to the ghostwriter fan

I wish I remember what my votes were.

The rarely spoken truth about Bargnani was that he actually wasn't a great shooter outside of a few seasons. He only took a few threes a game, most of his shots were long 2s that he missed.

If it turns out Markkannen can't shoot in the pros then he's going to bust but if you were going to draft someone based on likelyhood of making a shot in the NBA there weren't very many better prospects.

E; this covers it anyway:

xbilkis posted:

Dennis Smith Jr. is also a prospect with some legitimate (and possibly silly) question marks. He wasn't even the next point guard off the board after the Bulls pick! Just, uh, ignore the fact that the Knicks were the team that passed on him

As for Markkanen, check Rick's post history if you want to see someone who truly believes in his ceiling. It's not all that hard to see why a 19 year old 7-footer who shot 42% on threes is an appealing prospect though

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 7, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah any shooter will bust if it turns out they can't shoot at the NBA level, or become a role player if they can't create. Not much say to tell who that's gonna happen to until tracking gets so good we can measure release speed and lift/release point. Until then you gotta eyeball it

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Zogo posted:

420 pages in less than two months of the offseason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jcxsE1Ahg

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah any shooter will bust if it turns out they can't shoot at the NBA level, or become a role player if they can't create. Not much say to tell who that's gonna happen to until tracking gets so good we can measure release speed and lift/release point. Until then you gotta eyeball it

Can't they measure that for free throws at least? I've seen graphs that show how all the good free throw shooters all release at similar angles/heights and are very consistent and then like DeAndre is all over the place.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Mandrel posted:

Counterpoint: if you root for the Warriors you are A Chode and everyone will know it especially after you post something like this

Gahahahahaha new favorite poster spotted

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

Can't they measure that for free throws at least? I've seen graphs that show how all the good free throw shooters all release at similar angles/heights and are very consistent and then like DeAndre is all over the place.

Free throws is usually pretty reliable, but it's not 100% either.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Ok, this was pretty cool. Riley Demps hosted a basketball camp for kids who all suffer from a brachial praxis injury that occurred during their birth. It causes one shoulder and arm to be weaker than the other. Riley has the same affliction but averaged 20 points with a high of 48 for his junior season and apparently has several Division I scholarship offers.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/high_schools/article_1d486e02-7b2f-11e7-8bb5-e39bc5b11341.html

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Reed, 27, formerly was the backup center for the Miami Heat and he was booked at 3:06 a.m. EDT. He remained in jail as of 7:30 a.m., according to the Miami Herald. He is expected to appear in court later Sunday.

The alleged incident stemmed from an argument between Reed and his wife over her request for a divorce, according to an arrest report obtained by Miami’s CBS affiliate. The two struggled and she allegedly was knocked to the ground and dragged. Reed, also allegedly grabbed her by the hair as she tried to leave with the couple’s youngest child. The report adds that he twisted her arm and that she then struck him in the back of the head with a glass candle. She headed for the lobby of their Biscayne Boulevard condo and called police.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Maybe I've just got my head in the clouds, but I wish we didn't know the minutiae of NBA players' personal lives.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Maybe I've just got my head in the clouds, but I wish we didn't know the minutiae of NBA players' personal lives.

It's not just you and it's an understandable opinion, even though it's one I don't share.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Agreed, I don't really care about my favorite player's taste in movies or his preferred technique when beating the poo poo out of his wife who's trying to escape with their child

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want to know the funny minutae not the criminal minutae (unless it's also funny)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wonder what kind of shirt reed was wearing while beating his wife

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Probably could have picked a more mundane piece of news to revolt about

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

zoux posted:

I want to know the funny minutae not the criminal minutae (unless it's also funny)

Same op

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

We should all be as optimistic as Mikhail Prokhorov in our everyday dealings

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Everyone poo poo'd Dennis Smith's defense or effort level on a bad team which is dumb poo poo when they should have focused on his inability to land properly

I'm probably just being an idiot but this actually really soured me on him as a prospect considering he's already had an ACL surgery.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...paign=editorial

We should all be as optimistic as Mikhail Prokhorov in our everyday dealings

He might get it. The Brooklyn market is still strong af and is worth more than a third of the Knicks market.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotta love the best basketball player in the league posting shirtless instagram videos of himself singing, like some high school kid begging for attention.

How does anyone like this dude?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron beat the most hated team in sports history in an epic finals . He's got a lot of good will built up .

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

euphronius posted:

Lebron beat the most hated team in sports history in an epic finals . He's got a lot of good will built up .

In history? come on the spurs aren't that evil.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron learned from his Miami days how Bosh's being a huge dork made him the least hated of the Big 3.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

The 73 win Warriors were not anywhere near that hated. Lebron himself has been on at least one team that was far more popular to hate. They got far worse poo poo AFTER the finals

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

RCarr posted:

Gotta love the best basketball player in the league posting shirtless instagram videos of himself singing, like some high school kid begging for attention.

Three of the nbas best players are corny as gently caress, it's not the worst thing to be

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

some real corncobs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
keep that hate speech out of here ghost dog dude bro

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

RCarr posted:

He's super fun to watch play sports

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

Report: Newest Clipper Willie Reed arrested on domestic violence charge
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-newest-clipper-willie-reed-arrested-domestic-violence-charge-170404502.html

https://twitter.com/Steven_Ballmer/status/893957946358603776

In 5.1+ systems you can turn on just the rear speakers and I think that's still just the court noise.

A few years back somebody kept PMing me unsolicited to watch that show. That's the only show that's happened with.

The Wire was the favorite TV show in the last poll:

code:
Name your favorite TV show:

Votes
The Wire			  10
Breaking Bad			  8
Rick and Morty			  5
Arrested Development		  4
Seinfeld			  4
Stranger Things			  3
Black Mirror			  2
Cheers				  2
Game of Thrones			  2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 2
NBA on TNT			  2
The Office			  2
The Sopranos			  2
Twin Peaks			  2

1 vote:

Atlanta	
Babylon 5
Better Call Saul	
Better Off Ted		
BoJack Horseman		
Daredevil		
Deadwood		
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Family Guy			
Fargo			
Frasier			
Friends			
Frisky Dingo			
Frontline			
Futurama			
Ghostwriter			
Halt and Catch Fire			
Hannibal			
King of the Hill 			
Mad Men			
Master of None			
Moschops			
Mr. Robot			
Nathan for You			
On Cinema at The Cinema			
Perfect Strangers			
Person of Interest 			
Pretty Little Liars			
Regular Show			
RuPaul's Drag Race			
Sherlock			
SmackDown Live			
Space Ghost Coast to Coast			
Speak for Yourself with Cowherd & Whitlock
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine		
Steven Universe			
Strangers with Candy			
Survivor			
Survivor's Remorse			
The Flash			
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air	
The League			
The Leftovers			
The Return of Superman			
The Shield			
The Simpsons			
Veep			
Westworld			
You're the Worst
I like Breaking Bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDg1L7vGH4

That's very useful information for me, thank you
Shout out to whoever voted Strangers with Candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I have literally never looked at a basketball players social media outside of poo poo that gets posted to this thread, so if your issue with someone is what they post to social media there is a pretty easy solution hth

• Locked thread