Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The process is proof that the NBA is fundamentally broken.

But hey, maybe once all the parents forbid their kids from playing football, the NBA can fill the talent vacuum that encourages teams to tank for years just for a shot at relevance.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a new study bible! posted:

Uhhh, the Sixers are almost assured to make the playoffs this season. The east is trash.

I don't believe in Simmons or Embiid yet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The process is proof that the NBA is fundamentally broken.

But hey, maybe once all the parents forbid their kids from playing football, the NBA can fill the talent vacuum that encourages teams to tank for years just for a shot at relevance.

WR's aren't tall enough and everyone else is too large. Soccer is the most likely beneficiary.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Diqnol posted:

We are the loudest always because we are the best fans in the division, both statistically and by eyeball. Also because the eagles are our only chance for a decent sports team this cycle.

Sixers, fam.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

If the Boys can't win it then go Eagles imo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think its hilarious that TFF policy against division threads changed because I randomly made this thread and no mods were motivated enough to close it

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Uhhh, the Sixers are almost assured to make the playoffs this season. The east is trash.

I Believe In John Wall

Sorry Eagles fans I am an Eagles/Phillies/Wizards/Capitals fan.

blue squares posted:

I think its hilarious that TFF policy against division threads changed because I randomly made this thread and no mods were motivated enough to close it

You're my favorite Cowboys poster, Blue (sorry everyone else)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Who really wants to go on about how much they are a fan of the mediocre Washington team? I only keep up cause I hear about it through a show so I have better context.

Plus their big story for 6 months has been hey look how bad we hosed up getting a functional QB signed up or good players who are fragile as gently caress. Woo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Best Divisions in Football 2017-2018, ranked

1) NFCE
2) AFCW
3) NFCS
4) AFCN
5) AFCE
6) NFCW
7) NFCN
8) AFCS

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also we have more total posts than all of the other divisional threads combined, which explains why we deserve the most primetime games.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles fan also boast the biggest NFL team reddit

Because we're the loving best

89 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 7, 2017

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

89 posted:

Eagles fan also boast the biggest NFL team reddit

Because we're the loving best

:thunk:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Idk what it is about philadelphia and football but we loving LOVE our Eagles.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

Who really wants to go on about how much they are a fan of the mediocre Washington team? I only keep up cause I hear about it through a show so I have better context.

Plus their big story for 6 months has been hey look how bad we hosed up getting a functional QB signed up or good players who are fragile as gently caress. Woo

If their situations were reversed, Eagles fans would :)

Seriously the Redskins are in that unique position where there's no real reason for long term optimism, but realistically they could play spoiler to other NFC East teams that think they have a chance. If you aren't going to win anything, it can be very satisfying to keep other East teams out of the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blue squares posted:

If the Boys can't win it then go Eagles imo

See, this is wrong. Sure i might cheer for the eagles against the giants and maybe the steelers, but there's no other reason whatsoever to cheer for philly.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well that's the beauty of this division. Every team has a legit shot to be a playoff contender, even Washington. Pryor looked good last season and Crowder and Doctson and Reed are all solid. Would it really surprise anyone to see them in playoffs? I could, especially if Perine works out.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Diqnol posted:

Well that's the beauty of this division. Every team has a legit shot to be a playoff contender, even Washington. Pryor looked good last season and Crowder and Doctson and Reed are all solid. Would it really surprise anyone to see them in playoffs? I could, especially if Perine works out.

Yeah no that team is rotting from the inside out. It's pretty toxic there right now.

Also Crowder is nursing a hammy and Doctson pulled his a few hours ago

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 7, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Doubled up

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah no that team is rotting from the inside out. It's pretty toxic there right now.

Also Crowder is nursing a hammy and Doctson pulled his a few hours ago

I thought that was just a narrative driven by the Kirk situation. He is a QB but does that really break the whole team?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Agholor dropped a pass. The dream is dead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm personally ready for the collective pages of eagles fans yelling god damnit donald in the gdts this year.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So I feel like zeke isn't getting any punishment.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He has to be a cowboy

That is enough

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LethalGeek posted:

A few years ago I said that if the Redskins didn't hire a GM, I would quit and cheer for Baltimore. I even bought a hat. A few weeks later they hired McCloughan, so here I am. After he was fired I was tempted to switch sides, but here I am still wondering what kind of a clusterfuck this season is going to be. The sad thing is that there's a lot to be hopeful for. The offense is promising, defense might finally be healthy, Gruden got an extension so we can avoid the insanity of a coaching carousel for at least a few more years, and we had back to back winning seasons. Unfortunately the off-season has just hosed things up so much that instead of focusing on how good the season might be I'm focusing on how hosed we are long term. Hopefully some actual wins will change that, because the alternative is an incredibly toxic season.

NotWearingPants posted:

If their situations were reversed, Eagles fans would :)

Seriously the Redskins are in that unique position where there's no real reason for long term optimism, but realistically they could play spoiler to other NFC East teams that think they have a chance. If you aren't going to win anything, it can be very satisfying to keep other East teams out of the playoffs.

I will fully admit that if Washington fucks Philadelphia and Dallas out of a playoff spot I'll be happy. I can't hate the Giants because MY WIFE is a fan and I like maintaining at least a semblance of happiness in our marriage. Of course if us winning knocks them out then so much the better.

Diqnol posted:

As a fan of football in general this really is the best attitude to have. The NFC East isn't anywhere near the poo poo-show it was in previous years, and no matter what the future holds division games should be really competitive.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
See, what you do is find a girl who thinks the theatrics and such of grilling out on Sundays and drinking beer and watching football and going to the games is fun, but doesn't have a team. And then, you mold her into your own creation and BAM. Got a super fine, new, hot Eagles fan :smug:

But, for real. I think Pryor is gonna be good. 1,000 yards easily.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

See, what you do is find a girl who thinks the theatrics and such of grilling out on Sundays and drinking beer and watching football and going to the games is fun, but doesn't have a team. And then, you mold her into your own creation and BAM. Got a super fine, new, hot Eagles fan :smug:

But, for real. I think Pryor is gonna be good. 1,000 yards easily.

The other benefits far outweigh the inevitable conflict that we get two games a year. Plus I just can't hate Eli Manning. It's like hating a puppy.

Pyror is an athletic freak and also has the brains to be a QB, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he and Cousins form a fantastic bond and they do incredibly well this year. Gruden is once again calling the offense so I feel like there's a smooth transition there, and if the defense is healthy we should be at least competent there. I don't think the playoffs are out of the question, depending on how things go.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The other benefits far outweigh the inevitable conflict that we get two games a year. Plus I just can't hate Eli Manning. It's like hating a puppy.

Pyror is an athletic freak and also has the brains to be a QB, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he and Cousins form a fantastic bond and they do incredibly well this year. Gruden is once again calling the offense so I feel like there's a smooth transition there, and if the defense is healthy we should be at least competent there. I don't think the playoffs are out of the question, depending on how things go.

Pryor owns, you'll get some good wildcat stuff with him too

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I tried finding Pryor beating Sherman all over that game but I found this. Norman is overrated, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6FPzC1TvI8

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My girlfriend's family (Giants fans) scored tickets with on-field and club box access for the Giants/Jets preseason game at the end of the month. I'm very excited for this and I'll post a trip report. Also, if anybody has any tips on what I should wear to this thing I'm all ears.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm going to my first NFL game!

Eagles @ Chiefs

Got a lower bowl ticket in the corner, 20 rows up. I hear there's not a bad seat in the house. Pumped.

I will be hated.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Eagles @ Chiefs

Got a lower bowl ticket in the corner, 20 rows up. I hear there's not a bad seat in the house. Pumped.

I will be hated.

Please tell Andy we miss him and I am sorry for saying mean things about him if you see him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Eagles @ Chiefs

I will be hated.

Just speak amiably of Andy and talk poo poo on Alex Smith and they'll love you man

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Eagles @ Chiefs

I will be hated.

Dress up like a Raiders fan and stab someone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qxsCvDWNMg

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That's every NFL stadium on gameday.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

My girlfriend's family (Giants fans) scored tickets with on-field and club box access for the Giants/Jets preseason game at the end of the month. I'm very excited for this and I'll post a trip report. Also, if anybody has any tips on what I should wear to this thing I'm all ears.

Wear a shirsey of a completely random team, like the Titans, and see what happens

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

this:

$12 on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/i/172025909904?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sickening posted:

So I feel like zeke isn't getting any punishment.

I feel like it will, but they wanted the hall of fame to pass by. I expect some sort of announcement in the next two weeks.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMpNN3feGg

I didn't really consider how Dallas has lost a lot of their o-line and their secondary has been drenched in gasoline and lit on fire. They seemed to have made some good CB picks in the draft. But, it's hard to depend on rookies. Then the suspensions.

Dallas defense could be really, really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles offense is going to be unstoppable.

• Locked thread