Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I arrived and powered up like DragonballZ by shouting "Zuuuuuuuuuuck!" and then spun through the crowd incredibly fast, both arms outstretched and knocking people down like a tornado.

i'm pretty sure that's Jeb!'s move

u stealin Jeb!'s moves???

wait

...are you Jeb!????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Qu Appelle posted:

I think marching in the heat literally takes the steam out of them, on both sides.

There also might be an element of 'what do I do now?!' in terms of both sides being able to mingle freely with each other, without Law Enforcement interference. Because usually when I see these protests, both sides are separated by a wall of cops, which might fuel some of the fire of these two opposing sides.

Take away the Law Enforcement, and that introduces a new dynamic that both sides probably aren't used to. It's one thing to yell insults, knowing that there's a barrier protecting you from harm from the other side. But now, that's gone - and that person you insulted? Can actually pick a fight with you instead, and face no police/law repercussions from doing so.

my sparkly eyed hope is that this is how both sides will realize that the real enemy is capital not each other

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

Is he the one who shoved a banana in his rear end in a top hat on youtube?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also video floating around of him of him pouring hot oil on his micrpenis and crying that he's a sub bitch who needs a dom.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Al! posted:

my sparkly eyed hope is that this is how both sides will realize that the real enemy is capital not each other

I'd be down with that.

Like, these events don't even have a focus. For all the problematic issues surrounding, say, the Confederate statues, at least there's a focal point to the protests - Side A is for the statues staying, Side B wants them gone, and others just come out for the spectacle.

Patriot Prayer's events? It's like he's just wedging them into the gaps in his schedule. He has August 13th free; time to 'stand for Free Speech' in Seattle. (Yes, this is actually happening, at 2pm.) And that attracts the other side, which pisses off other other side, so they hold *another* rally, etc.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
we all have our hobbies

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

don't kinkshame

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
my hobby is watching this right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQE9xs-yac

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

don't kinkshame

Very true. Thank you for the reminder.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

when did all nazis decide to cosplay as roger klotz

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ur in the wrong neighborhood globalist

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
dude dressing like grandpa with them ill fitting blue jeans and tucked in striped polo shirt

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"alright guys we gotta have a dress code for our rallies so normies dont think we're nazi weirdos running around in ss cosplay." *dresses like a special needs child*

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Al! posted:

But fascists are on the side of Capital. They are the enemy outside of being the genocidal monsters they profess to be

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Qu Appelle posted:

I'd be down with that.

Like, these events don't even have a focus. For all the problematic issues surrounding, say, the Confederate statues, at least there's a focal point to the protests - Side A is for the statues staying, Side B wants them gone, and others just come out for the spectacle.

Patriot Prayer's events? It's like he's just wedging them into the gaps in his schedule. He has August 13th free; time to 'stand for Free Speech' in Seattle. (Yes, this is actually happening, at 2pm.) And that attracts the other side, which pisses off other other side, so they hold *another* rally, etc.

for me it makes a lot more sense when i think of it less as political protest and more of irl posting

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

*dresses like a special needs child*

these loving biters

now i gotta change my style

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KomradeX posted:

I have a friend I argue with all the drat time who is a huge fan of Harris (I think hes even a mod on the fuckers reddit page) and about how New Atheism or Atheism plus or whatever the gently caress it got called after Dawkins made it popular with every dipshit kid in high school, has a huge problem with anti-feminism and being racist as gently caress, but he says its not an issue

I thought Atheism+ was an attempt at turning atheism into a woke left movement that backfired completely, from the vague ramblings I heard on the intertubes back in the day.

It sounds basically like there was a schism of obnoxious Internet Atheists, with half of them turning alt-right and the other half turning woke centrist and both becoming absolutely insufferable.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Well, hey - guess the cops were watching after all. They just chose to keep a distance, and record everything.

http://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2017/08/06/huge-alt-right-brawler-called-tiny-faces-criminal-charge-tonight-after-portland-ruckus/

Willamette Week posted:

Huge Alt-Right Brawler Called “Tiny” Faces Criminal Charge Tonight After Portland Ruckus
Police cited Tusitala "Tiny" Toese for disorderly conduct after he got into a fistfight with counterprotesters.

One of the leading figures in the traveling far-right protest movement that has sparked bloody street melees up and down the West Coast was detained and criminally cited tonight in Portland.

Tusitala "Tiny" Toese, 21, perhaps the most recognizable person in the Portland area's far-right activist circles, was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct in the second degree. His nose was bloodied and bruised in a fight with counterprotesters. Despite his cuts, he continued to participate in the protest until it dissolved around 6 pm, when Portland police detained and cited him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
A RUMBLE AINT A RUMBLE WITHOUT ME PONY BOY!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9DUdbtNJyk

i think this dude just really likes to fight

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I wish I could see the crowd reactions when he performed that haka.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Qu Appelle posted:

The Patriot Prayer march is devolving into a flat out melee in Portland, OR. And the cops aren't there at all.

https://www.pscp.tv/itsmikebivins/1RDxlmpvwvkKL

Things started to really go down towards the end of this stream.

i love this riot live streaming future

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:discourse:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Jose posted:

i love this riot live streaming future

We need live streaming GoPro rioters. With commentators and cries of 'MUTUAL KOMBAT!'

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

I thought Atheism+ was an attempt at turning atheism into a woke left movement that backfired completely, from the vague ramblings I heard on the intertubes back in the day.

It sounds basically like there was a schism of obnoxious Internet Atheists, with half of them turning alt-right and the other half turning woke centrist and both becoming absolutely insufferable.

Hell if I remember, I stopped caring about the internet atheist community once I saw that their criticisms began and ended weigh religion and didn't involve looking at the material position of the world, so outside a few years in high school before three stupid terms came I was never apart of the scene. I jusy followed some of from the margin Thanks to old connectors like thary Slacktivist Left Behind blog that was great

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
New atheism never progressed beyond the shallow criticisms of religion to developing a coherent ideological worldview, either politically or ethically. As such, it could never be a substitute for religion, and many of them unthinkingly feel into the orbit of nazis.

Kind of ironic for guys that prided themselves on being these free thinking intellectuals, unburdened by religious prejudice, to end up becoming anti-intellectual xenophobes, but c'est la vie.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/894294598092283904

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/keanu_weaves/status/893632316127367168

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's chris chan

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I love animals so i left the zoo//juggalo fury mallrats//they live blackpills

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

don't kinkshame
I'm not going to shame him for that.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also video floating around of him of him pouring hot oil on his micrpenis and crying that he's a sub bitch who needs a dom.
I will, however, shame you for forcing that mental image into my brain.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

those are some ill-fitting jeans

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

far-starboard surely

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the internet has broken so many brains.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Did he release a new video, or...?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i believe he's working on getting the pahlavi dynasty reinstalled as rulers of iran.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i believe he's working on getting the pahlavi dynasty reinstalled as rulers of iran.

I believe he's more of a fan of Alexander the Great ruling Persia.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

cause he was white you see

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I am assured Alexander the Great was Irish

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

I am assured Alexander the Great was Irish

oh. Well as I'm sure powercrazy can attest the Irish were treated worse than black people in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ancient greeks/macedonians and romans were not white