Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nopants posted:

Legit endearing smile by Hurley at the end of his song. James was always cool. It was the fucks that ruined it

The Twin Peaks FB group must have been losing their minds. I know I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

it was dark but in part 8 the woodsman pulled the bob orb out from badcooper, when he wakes we are suppose to assume they just fixed him but this episode, with what ray said, that they wanted badcooper dead so they get something out of him? well mission accomplished. they showed up right away when he got shot.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Big Ed's reflection not matching up in real-time during the end credits really unnerved me. Especially when he notices it.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Tolkien minority posted:

What did Big ed burn at the end?

My first thought when watching that was a prior episode that mentioned either gunshots or an explosion at Ed's gas station, and I thought that he was going to burn the place down. It looked like the same car kept driving past as well.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I read the episode 14 spoilers on reddit and know less than what I did before. Urge to watch Next Week still high.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cromulent posted:

That completely undancable music was hilarious.

And I'm not sure I can resist an episode 14 leak, it's gonna be a rough week.

As always it really paid off listening to this part in surround sound, there was some real rear end threatening bass in the background. It was startling.

How do you look so unnatural just sitting. If there is anything I'd criticize this show for it would be Tammy's casting, but goddamn me if I didn't laugh at her reactions when she got inducted into Bluebook. Just mugging 101.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RBX posted:

I read the episode 14 spoilers on reddit and know less than what I did before. Urge to watch Next Week still high.

where? link me my dude. goddaaaaaamn.

edit: OH poo poo poo poo I READ IT WHY DID I READ IT OH MY GOD PLEASE FREEZE ME UNTIL NEXT WEEK

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

kaworu posted:

Holy poo poo, though. The ring from last night did not look ANYTHING like that design though, now that I go back and look at it!

Here is a screengrab of the ring on Ray's finger, moments before it fades away:

And now HERE is the ring as it appeared on the pedestal lastnight:

Now... Even THOSE TWO designs look different. I want to say the ring just looks blurry on Ray's hand but... his hand is perfectly still :confused

Oh, and just so you all know we're not going crazy, HERE is a screengrab of the ring on Dougie's shrinking hand from Episode 3, in the Red Room:

Now, THAT ring looks just like the one that Section 9 posted, and just like the one I remember from FWWM. I could post a screengrab of Mike holding it up on his pinky from the intersection scene, but the design would just look like the one above.

The ring DEFINITELY has a different symbol (symbols?) on it in this episode than it did earlier in the season and in FWWM.

I don't know man. I'd say the symbol itself is the same, though I'm not sure if the proportions match exactly (I think it does look smaller the middle one).
I enhanced the rings in your 3 screenshots (same order):

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The reason the symbol doesn't look like the others on the top one is because the black etching is casting a shadow through the transparent gemstone, making it look like a different design. It's actually just the same one though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

my dudes, seriously, you need to go dark if what i'm reading about part 14 is even half true. i am my own worst enemy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I saw someone somewhere say Lynch did an interview before the show saying he was interested in non linear storytelling. Something about film reels being out of order. I'll try to find it.

I can a Giant like riddle clue about next episode if you guys wanna speculate?

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

I think the first two look the same, but the third one (the ring after Ray died with it on) does seem distinctly different.. it's a straight-on shot, too, not angled so I don't see how shadows from the etching could be causing it But maybe it's just too fuzzy it could all just be nothing, it just looks *different* in the middle pic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Data Graham posted:

And that conga music was really loving tripping me out. I was wondering the same thing. Where was it coming from? God it sounded goofy. In a really fun way. How does someone even come up with music like that? And think "Yep, this is the sound pattern I want underlying the surreality of this particular scene"?

I don't think it was diagetic, nobody had a boombox or anything.

Jerusalem posted:

In an utterly glorious episode of the most bizarre and wondrous things (James! :neckbeard:), somehow it was Tom Sizemore's comical :aaa: at the very start of the episode that cracked me up the most :allears:

Lol'd at this, his take was basically like an uptight parent in a Twisted Sister video or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

donna was in this episode after all. photo on the table next to the tv in the palmer house is this one:

was the girl during james song the same girl from the ending of part 2 that james has a thing for? was it just me or does she resemble donna2 a hell of a lot? (aside from the hair)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

my god.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
anyone else catch the bowl of corn in the foreground of the sarah palmer shot

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

it was dark but in part 8 the woodsman pulled the bob orb out from badcooper, when he wakes we are suppose to assume they just fixed him but this episode, with what ray said, that they wanted badcooper dead so they get something out of him? well mission accomplished. they showed up right away when he got shot.

Oh poo poo, nice catch! Will be interesting to see if this develops

Also I did what you did and yeah.....fuckin regret it. Pretty angry at myself, no way I woulda done this if it'd been halfway through the week or something, but 7 days is so long when a show is this good :( hopefully that stuff is fake

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Mr. C kind of reminded me of Dougie when he kept saying "starting position hurts less"

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

kaworu posted:

I think the first two look the same, but the third one (the ring after Ray died with it on) does seem distinctly different.. it's a straight-on shot, too, not angled so I don't see how shadows from the etching could be causing it But maybe it's just too fuzzy it could all just be nothing, it just looks *different* in the middle pic.

I'm with CJacobs on this - it appears lighting cast at a sharp angle (from the left in the pic) is what's causing a doubling effect and making the symbol appear different. I don't think it's significant at all.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Did Showtime's executives try to convince DL to name the new season "David Lynch's Twin Peaks"?

Art Alexakis
Mar 27, 2008

kaworu posted:

What I want to know, is how the ring got from the Red Room on the pedestal (where MIKE put it after Dougie vanished) to the point where it was in the pocket of a person Ray claims was dressed like a prison guard in SD.

Like, how did the ring go so quickly from Las Vegas, to the pedestal in another dimension, and then to South Dakota in a matter of what seems to be days?

Its a magic ring

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Now I have this stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuUflTcJzA

Thanks a lot.

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground
Do we know who was playing the crying woman during Just You And I? My girlfriend is convinced it was Julianna Margulies.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
Jessica Szohr according to IMDB

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Did 14 leak or not? I can't find it at the usual places.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

SeANMcBAY posted:

It definitely aired, people saw it, but I'm not sure anyone ripped it.

And I'm most definitely avoiding text spoilers/leaks, I'll probably watch the episode if it leaks but I really don't want to read anything. Hoping people in this thread refrain from posting stuff, even in spoiler tags. It's one thing to discuss rumors and production shots, but this is a little different.

EDIT: Another part of last night's that I loved. Bushnell tells Dougie that he should call his wife, Dougie says "Wife?" and The Mitchum Brothers crack up with an expression of "This fuckin' guy!!"

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 7, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Food's definitely a focus this episode (Ed's comment to Bobby about how no one should eat alone followed by that credits scene was heartbreaking) but as far as healthy food goes, Lynch has his characters (including the one he plays) devouring donuts.

Every time someone brings up healthy eating in Twin Peaks, I just think back to the moment immediately after Cooper says his "drat fine cup of coffee" line:

Agent Cooper posted:

Now, I'd like two eggs over hard. I know, don't tell me, it's hard on the arteries, but old habits die hard. Just about as hard as I want those eggs. Bacon, super crispy. Almost Burned. Cremated. That's great.

Now, those are some potentially poisonous eating habits. :thumbsup:

Cromulent posted:

EDIT: Another part of last night's that I loved. Bushnell tells Dougie that he should call his wife, Dougie says "Wife?" and The Mitchum Brothers crack up with an expression of "This fuckin' guy!!"

It's hilarious how baffled Dougie sounds, too. Usually he is really monotone, but that time he actually sounded like he was caught off guard.

And More fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 7, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

It was shown once and by mistake and nobody in Germany knew it was the wrong episode until after it aired.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
the sarah palmer scene was one of the most unnerving things ive seen in this series. made me very uncomfortable

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RBX posted:

It was shown once and by mistake and nobody in Germany knew it was the wrong episode until after it aired.

That seems like an event so improbable it would get my spaceship at least past the orbit of Neptune

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground

Cheap Diner Coffee posted:

Jessica Szohr according to IMDB

Thanks! Also real silly of me not to think to check IMDB.

Also I'm in Germany rn and have not seen any hide nor hair of Ep 14.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

What does the Secret History book say about Audrey? What exactly would the show be retconning if they reveal she's still in a coma?

RBX posted:

So nobody over there has DVR's?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Janey-E's reaction to the jungle gym and new car was utterly perfect. It's probably my favorite sequence in the entire show so far. Naomi Watts has been phenomenal this entire show.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Whats this reflection everyone is on about? I re-watched the credits scene and couldn't make out any reflection at all. Ed's a vampire, new theory.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

wa27 posted:

What does the Secret History book say about Audrey? What exactly would the show be retconning if they reveal she's still in a coma?

i guess no dvr's, they fixed it pretty fast tho and it was the 3am faux-simulcast they have after GoT and not the official monday night airing or the on-demand. makes me wonder if it was just germany sky or all of sky tv because i almost woke up early to watch it before i hit work, that would have been hilarious to come back to.

secret history book doesn't mention a coma or if she even survived, just that she was a victim and pete shielded her and took the full blast in a newspaper clipping, there's a note she left for ben about going to the bank that day and how ben changed after that. they would not be retconning anything.

fun thing to further the still in a coma theory, when frank went to visit ben and told him about richard and boy, ben asked about the parents and frank goes "as you can imagine" with a slight emphasis on the "you." i took first as a turn of phrase but it's clearly got a deeper meaning there i think.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 7, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Since time shenanigans seem to be happening in Twin Peaks, I've decided that "Just you and I together forever" and "We go strolling forever" are actually really creepy lines. I mean, strolling forever with James? What a nightmare.

wa27 posted:

The police immediately confiscated all DVRs when they found out. German efficiency. :shrug:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

eSporks posted:

Whats this reflection everyone is on about? I re-watched the credits scene and couldn't make out any reflection at all. Ed's a vampire, new theory.

its there when he looks out toward the gas pumps. his reflection is out of sync and he drops a cup he was holding that he put down before he looked at the reflection, it's done in a way that looks intentional as hell.

reminds me actually, back in FWWM that coopers image got stuck in a cctv camera and was out of sync when jefferies shows up.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 7, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The bit with Ed's reflection does look intentional but it's so crazy hard to even see and that feels really different for Lynch.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A dude's reflection being out of sync with his actions cannot possibly be done unintentionally. How in the hell could you accidentally desynchronize someone from their reflection in a window?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

The bit with Ed's reflection does look intentional but it's so crazy hard to even see and that feels really different for Lynch.

Ed himself seems to notice it and stops eating for a moment, so I'd say we were meant to pick up on it despite the subtlety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jimbot posted:

Janey-E's reaction to the jungle gym and new car was utterly perfect. It's probably my favorite sequence in the entire show so far. Naomi Watts has been phenomenal this entire show.

I wished Sonny Jim could have acted a little more, I dunno, excited? Seemed like he was just determinedly going through the motions.

"Twelve laps... okay, in through the bars, over to the tower, up top, back down out the front, off the trampoline, thirteen laps... :geno: "