Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, the fetus with a bomb detenator standoff over abortion will be brought to the silver screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The what now?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

But fans won't have to wait until 2019 to get more of Gal Gadot's superheroics, as Wonder Woman will return to the big screen in Justice League, hitting theaters just 15 weeks from now. Gadot is also expected to reprise her role as Wonder Woman in the upcoming production of Flashpoint, which will be Flash's solo movie but is also more of another superhero team-up featuring several additional DC superheroes. Flashpoint is currently scheduled to release in 2020. So we'll see Wonder Woman twice this year, again in 2019, and in 2020. That's an average of one appearance every year, and it means Wonder Woman could potentially appear in as many different films as Batman will over the course of the next few years in the DCEU.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2017/08/04/wonder-woman-wows-with-wonderful-400-million-domestic-box-office/#6b3782ff3575

Uh.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Awesome.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wonder Woman had a pretty significant role in the comic book Flashpoint.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I guess it's good that Wonder Woman is going to get a ton of exposure and put in everything now, but it still feels really weird for Flash's first solo movie to be a story whose entire premise is "The entire Flash history you've bought into for all of these years and his relationships that you know and love are going to be dramatically altered! You won't recognize it!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Wonder Woman had a pretty significant role in the comic book Flashpoint.

Oh I know, I was just surprised at Flashpoint coming so soon. Assuming the info is accurate of course.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I guess it's good that Wonder Woman is going to get a ton of exposure and put in everything now, but it still feels really weird for Flash's first solo movie to be a story whose entire premise is "The entire Flash history you've bought into for all of these years and his relationships that you know and love are going to be dramatically altered! You won't recognize it!"

on the other hand, it can be leveraged as a new starting point , I guess

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Flashpoint is just as much an origin story. It introduces the rogues, gives you the reverse Flash's motivations and the Flash's tragic backstory. It even recreates him getting his powers. It can (and has been) a standalone. In the context of these movies, Flash's relationships anyone cares about are that of his relationships with the members of the league, and those characters have been set up and elaborated on by 2020.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm sure it'll be more of an original story involving alternate timelines that needs to be set right and status quo by end. Flashpoint is a familiar name.

If the DCU is like the MCU that it grows and evolves then it'll be a story beat after JLA and whatever the overarching thing is leading up to Darkseid. Flash 2 can be about something else.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Much like Civil War, there's no reason to believe the movie will have a resemblance to the comic at all besides vague themes and plot devices.

It will continue the trend of The Flash being a vaguely speed-themed wizard.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Inescapable Duck posted:

Much like Civil War, there's no reason to believe the movie will have a resemblance to the comic at all besides vague themes and plot devices.

It will continue the trend of The Flash being a vaguely speed-themed wizard.

They need to include this scene though

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Burkion posted:

I always think Sean Connery when I hear it. Really high pitched Sean Connery.

Sean Connery done into an empty glass.

Give it a shot its fun.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They cast the perfect actress for Martha Joker even.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

They cast the perfect actress for Martha Joker even.

It NEEDS to happen.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
First look at Cable

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It NEEDS to happen.

I can't decide if her as Joker or Jeff Dean as Papa Wayne Bats is better. Both are superb.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From BSS, meet Cable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
He looks like buff David Lynch.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The whole movie he just smokes and reads weather news

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

David Lynch mixed with Gordon Ramsay

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
He's not nearly swole enough, his gun isn't half as big as it should be, he's missing at least a dozen more pouches and he doesn't have ANY shoulder pads AT ALL but .... I'm down with that.

The teddy bear is intriguing.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's not nearly swole enough, his gun isn't half as big as it should be, he's missing at least a dozen more pouches and he doesn't have ANY shoulder pads AT ALL but .... I'm down with that.

The teddy bear is intriguing.

are we just gonna roll up with a Hope storyline

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well I hate Mark Millar just like I hate Frank miller and Garth Ennis and most all comic books, but I did think exactly one thing mark Millar has ever done is decent (Huck) so it'd be cool if Netflix gave that a decent lil series or something

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

grieving for Gandalf posted:

are we just gonna roll up with a Hope storyline

A Hope storyline centered around Deadpool could be fuckin' hilarious so I'm down with that too.

Pretty much this scene from The Fate of the Furious but with time travel and stretched over 90 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tCImIPCYNQ

Also Hope ages a few years because of time travel stuff and then it turns into the Deadpool version of Lone Wolf & Cub (even though we sort of already got the Marvel mutant version of LW&C in Logan)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Well I hate Mark Millar just like I hate Frank miller and Garth Ennis and most all comic books, but I did think exactly one thing mark Millar has ever done is decent (Huck) so it'd be cool if Netflix gave that a decent lil series or something

Grant Morrisson should have been the one getting a Netflix deal. I'd rather get The Filth or We3 over dogshit like Nemesis or anything else modern Millar has done

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DLC Inc posted:

Grant Morrisson should have been the one getting a Netflix deal. I'd rather get The Filth or We3 over dogshit like Nemesis or anything else modern Millar has done

He got Happy made into a series...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Miller was really fantastic for a long while. His run(s) on DD were superb. Ronin, TDKR and parts of Sin City were incredible. But, yeah, when he loving lost it he REALLY lost it.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Filth.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

Miller was really fantastic for a long while. His run(s) on DD were superb. Ronin, TDKR and parts of Sin City were incredible. But, yeah, when he loving lost it he REALLY lost it.

RoboCop VS Terminator, the original, is one of the best RoboCop stories out there.

Not even joking.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For anyone who hasn't seen it, the live action RoboCop TV show is amazing. So goofy and dumb and madcap. I'd rather watch that any day than read some terrible Terminator crossover.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

UmOk posted:

Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Filth.

I love Jodo and The Filth is perhaps my favorite comic book of all time but that's not a good fit. The director you want is David Cronenberg. I mean, if you put Naked Lunch, Crash, and eXistenZ together he's basically already made that film.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Burkion posted:

RoboCop VS Terminator, the original, is one of the best RoboCop stories out there.

Not even joking.

Never read that one. Miller was positively revolutionary in the 80's though and really blew up the medium in a good way. Not sure what the gently caress happened to him but he went totally off the rails about half way through Sin City. There's a really good book with him conversing with Wil Eisner that I highly recommend for anyone interested in the craft.

I wish there were more bios on comic creators and artists. Can anyone suggest any good ones? I'd love a biography on Jack Kirby. Google says there isn't one which surprises me. It'd be fascinating to read about Ditko, Steranko, Sienkiewicz, Wrightson or the Buscemas as well. Hmmm...Maybe I'll write a Kirby book.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The closest you're likely to get on Kirby is Kirby: King Of Comics by mega fanboy Mark Evanier.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The closest you're likely to get on Kirby is Kirby: King Of Comics by mega fanboy Mark Evanier.

Is it any good?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's a little short, more of a coffee table book.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I enjoyed Millar's Chrononauts and Starlight :shrug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BiggerBoat posted:

Never read that one. Miller was positively revolutionary in the 80's though and really blew up the medium in a good way. Not sure what the gently caress happened to him but he went totally off the rails about half way through Sin City. There's a really good book with him conversing with Wil Eisner that I highly recommend for anyone interested in the craft.

He was on a certain path halfway through Sin City and then a few years later 9/11 broke his brain completely.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Burkion posted:

Not even joking.

They're great,really clean art and I still have the cardboard stands inbetween the pages.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

My googling is poo poo; do you have the last panel where she (I'm not sure if I should spoiler-block this) kills herself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
People don't like Mark Millar? I thought Kick rear end and Kingsmen were both wonderful.

• Locked thread