Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Base Emitter posted:

At some point they should add each of the core stretch goals as separate add-ons, once they have unlocked enough of them. They don't break up add-ons or expansions into smaller add-ons, though. So, you'll probably be able to buy the set of minitaurs, but not the dino troopers by themselves without buying the whole Chronoscope expansion.

Yep, they will be breaking up the core set into the individual unlocks to purchase on their own later on.

The expansions have never been broken up though, they're all or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Giant. loving. Apes!!!!!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I love how they keep coming up with things I didn't know I needed. Minitaurs. Dice people. Angry gorillas.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I must have that dragon turtle.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

Well, that's not fair at all.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I know, I didn't know I needed a shatter-resistant ruler.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I have just increased my pledge so I can be sure to get the bone pile.

I'm not ashamed.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

A reaper guy just said that is the base for something big, but not the biggest thing in this project.

Edit: Are those foothold/claw indents I see in the closest stone bit, and the back middle one?

Ravendas fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 6, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skeletal monsters are the first thing I've seen that I'll definitely buy; I might go for the wraiths, and the apes are tempting but I don't actually have a legit use for them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

Skeletal monsters are the first thing I've seen that I'll definitely buy; I might go for the wraiths, and the apes are tempting but I don't actually have a legit use for them.

:cawg:

Like that ever stopped any of us before. Bones are pure "I want" items, not "I need". Spend $10 on some apes, live a little. :)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Leperflesh posted:

you get the models and then you find a use for them to justify the purpose imo

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Once you accept that hoarding is a legit use for miniatures, all doors open to you.

I am not really sold on boobs on a snakeperson, but I think the group is cool enough anyway.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ashcans posted:

Once you accept that hoarding is a legit use for miniatures, all doors open to you.

I am not really sold on boobs on a snakeperson, but I think the group is cool enough anyway.

Yuan-ti are mammals (humans) that are corrupted by snakegod worship or somesuch and partially turned into snakepeople.

Or somesuch.

They're mammalian based, so titties on a snake is a-ok.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Leperflesh posted:

15 years from now, you'll need 6 of them for your D&D 8th edition campaign and will regret only getting 3.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

The skeletal monsters are kinda neat but don't seem like they'd be much fun to paint, being all one color. They do look pretty cool though.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I would like to applaud Reaper for balancing out their boob-demon by giving us a free-swinging Spartan.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I decided I should put my Bones 3 together before Bones 4 closes. Man, Dagon is unbelievably cool. It's my fav. sculpt in the set.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually thought Tiamat would be... bigger.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

The skeletal monsters are kinda neat but don't seem like they'd be much fun to paint, being all one color. They do look pretty cool though.

People who paint their skeletons all one color are not doing a good job painting skeletons. Real life bones are usually not a uniform white.

e. That sounded overly snarky so I'll just add that in addition to doing nicely browned natural bone looks, there's no reason why your skeletons can't be for example painted with magic runes or decorated with scary red sigils or something.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 7, 2017

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Or slimy with filth!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Leperflesh posted:

People who paint their skeletons all one color are not doing a good job painting skeletons. Real life bones are usually not a uniform white.

e. That sounded overly snarky so I'll just add that in addition to doing nicely browned natural bone looks, there's no reason why your skeletons can't be for example painted with magic runes or decorated with scary red sigils or something.

This. I painted my entire KoW army with blue skeletons because why the gently caress not, and they ended up going together really well as a result.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Slimnoid posted:

This. I painted my entire KoW army with blue skeletons because why the gently caress not, and they ended up going together really well as a result.

That looks baller AF.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fresh red skeletons are pretty cool too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if you're not painting your entire skeleton army NMM like the TERMINATOR you can get the gently caress out

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Leperflesh posted:

imo bones skeletons come pre-painted. Checkmate, paint-wasters!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Fauxtool posted:

fresh red skeletons are pretty cool too

Like these assholes.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I have zero interest in those little bighead heroes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Animus? In my bones? It's more likely than you thought.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ashcans posted:

I have zero interest in those little bighead heroes.

Same. Zero use or interest for chibis.

The only optional thing I even want right now are the hill giants, and that's just because my low-ish level AD&D campaigns usually feature a few roaming in some hills to make an extra dangerous area to travel in. Never really had a suitable model for them.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Will they sell the items from last years core set alacarte? There are a few things from it I want, but I'd rather not trawl eBay or drop $190.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Will they sell the items from last years core set alacarte? There are a few things from it I want, but I'd rather not trawl eBay or drop $190.

They said no to selling anything from any previous Bones project

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Eventually they will be released as individual models like everything else they sell. That's the whole point of these Kickstarters. They don't start selling them ala carte right away because they need to dedicate the molds to producing Kickstarter fulfillments. Once those are done, they then make a few of the new Bones available per week, I assume to drive hype or control the volume of new orders.

NTRabbit posted:

They said no to selling anything from any previous Bones project

:trumppop:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

As in they're not putting anything from Bones 1, 2, or 3 into Bones 4 as add ons. You can still get the stuff from regular retail, and they're still doing the "break the core set into smaller parts for extra add ons" later in the project, probably the final week.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

As in they're not putting anything from Bones 1, 2, or 3 into Bones 4 as add ons. You can still get the stuff from regular retail, and they're still doing the "break the core set into smaller parts for extra add ons" later in the project, probably the final week.

I assumed he meant from retail, not in the current Bones project but I could be wrong.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Yeah I meant from retail on the main shop (which they really need to upgrade, it is the worst storefront ever).

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SO there's a few of these models I want, but I definitely don't need the whole core set. Should I just drop a buck on the KS and then add what I want in fulfillment?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

SO there's a few of these models I want, but I definitely don't need the whole core set. Should I just drop a buck on the KS and then add what I want in fulfillment?

Yes, they have allowed ala carte on all the other ones

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Yep, some Bones III stuff is already in their store, and more will be added each month until it's all for sale.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Liquid Communism posted:

Put in what you think you'll spend, just to help unlock things. If you think you want $50 of stuff, put in $50 on the kickstarter. You can always add more later if you want more. The pledge manager will probably be open for nearly a year post-kickstarter.

If everyone just put in a buck to add more later, this wouldn't go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I am disappointed by the lack of mouse people in this one.

• Locked thread